Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:35:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701413 times)
GoRdiE

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:20:09 AM

Hi all,

what are you using? 24 hour average estimate or 24 hour average current? Or maybe only current? and why? Someone is doing some test?

Thanks to all  Grin Grin Grin
Paulownia989

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:24:01 AM

Any suggestions on how to fix the "Failed to start miner process" error? I cant seem to figure it out.
hashrefinery

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:26:57 AM

Hi all,

what are you using? 24 hour average estimate or 24 hour average current? Or maybe only current? and why? Someone is doing some test?

Thanks to all  Grin Grin Grin

With yiimp based pools I use the current estimate. The 24 hour estimate is an average of the previous 24 hours. Yiimp does not attempt to predict the next 24 hours (if it could do that with any accuracy we would all be rich Smiley).

As they say in the financial services industry, past performance is not indicative of future results.

I'm sure others will have different opinions.

Hash Refinery Pool http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ - Over 50 coins active on 15+ algos - Receive payouts in any listed coin or auto-conversion to BTC
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:37:44 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 09:55:12 AM by eminer001

Hi all,

Thanks to all  Grin Grin Grin

With yiimp based pools I use the current estimate. The 24 hour estimate is an average of the previous 24 hours. Yiimp does not attempt to predict the next 24 hours (if it could do that with any accuracy we would all be rich Smiley).

As they say in the financial services industry, past performance is not indicative of future results.

Are you sure that mining current profit is better than 24h?

I did the test with 2 identical rigs using 2 separate btc addresses and it turned for me that current statistics had lower BTC income after 24 hours or 48 hours than the rig with 24h statistics. Anyone else tested with 2 identical rigs and separate payout addresses for accuracy ? All you have to consider is the actual BTC amount from your payout address, not current statistics that have nothing in common with real income and all you care is the amount you are getting paid, that is important.  

Pools are adjusting difficulty and also many coins have a lot of variation in difficulty, but the low difficulty that you see in statistics lasts just a few minutes and after that is decreasing a lot because of spiked hashrate. The Pool might not find any coins with low difficulty and also pool can crash because of the spike.

You end with hashrate that is not registered into the database and you are not paid for, also you have orphaned blocks.

Because pools are not using load balancing with separate servers and many xeon cpus per server they are not prepared for spikes. And when server is overloaded, you end with zero hashrate registered in the database and paid for. You are not rambursed by the pool for that, the pool received that coin and remains with it.

When you see "connection refused" from the pool that is a very bad sign.

I do advise pool administrators to use dual xeon servers with at least 28 physical cores and 56 threads 2x Xeon E5-2680v4 - 28c/56t - 2.4GHz /3.3GHz  (like this one https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/enterprise/1801mg03.xml )
 that will handle big spikes from current statistics. If they have 10 smaller servers, it is useles, because 90% of the time only 1 or 2 will be used by the miners so distribution of the miners is not happening and it is concentrated only to 2 or 3 algos (that are : miners with 24h statistics, miners with current statistics, ASICS and miners with AMD or Nvidia ).
AcrylicGuy

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:38:38 AM

Any suggestions on how to fix the "Failed to start miner process" error? I cant seem to figure it out.

If you're talking about windows flagging your miner as a virus, I had to set exceptions (in Windows Defender) for the AwesomeMiner folders in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData folder, then delete the AwesomeMiner folders in AppData folder (I deleted the ones in Roaming and Local folders...that was the important step for me) Reboot, and I was good to go.

If that's not your issue, then sorry I'm no help Smiley
nemzy

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:45:09 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 01:23:07 PM by nemzy

Hi, can someone help to config awesome miner in nanopool? please ... in the Pool section - Desc- OK, Server URL -ok , Worker -? pass - ? wallet - ?
on this pool there is specific wallet address like examp <wallet/worker/e-mail > so where to wright this option in awesome miner ? cast_xmr miner and cryptopia - on cryptopia there is wallet+ID , i tried to put wallet.ID on wallet space for the pool but nothing happens , miner working but where ? i don't know . nothing showing in nanopool statistic
rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:18:25 PM

I frequently use the JSON from WTM for pulling statistics. However, I have found quite a few new coins that do not show up in WTM. I'd like to still pull in the difficulty data for these coins, is there a way to actively do this? I understand how to create a coin, but that just statically sets the difficultly.

There was reference to be able to do this in 4.4 changelog. Havent investigated further yet:

- Awesome Miner API method to set coin properties, for setting profitability of custom coins from external applications
Yes it works well. I wrote a program to update custom coins.

I have writen a python script to get stats from whattomine.  They have data for 206 coins, but only has details for about 70, and use only about 50-55 in their calculator.  I still miss some coins, such as those listed on crypto-coinz.net.  Are you getting coin difficulty, block-time, global-hashrate, from any other source?
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:22:37 PM

I frequently use the JSON from WTM for pulling statistics. However, I have found quite a few new coins that do not show up in WTM. I'd like to still pull in the difficulty data for these coins, is there a way to actively do this? I understand how to create a coin, but that just statically sets the difficultly.

There was reference to be able to do this in 4.4 changelog. Havent investigated further yet:

- Awesome Miner API method to set coin properties, for setting profitability of custom coins from external applications

I have writen a python script to get stats from whattomine.  They have data for 206 coins, but only has details for about 70, and use only about 50-55 in their calculator.  I still miss some coins, such as those listed on crypto-coinz.net.  Are you getting coin difficulty, block-time, global-hashrate, from any other source?
Yes. I have released the program. Can be found in my signature. If you'd like to incorporate some of your ideas into it shoot me a PM. Happy to talk to other developers.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

Patrike the HTTP API coin setting is wonderful, thank you very much. I am making extensive use of it.

As another line item, can you please add the ability to create new coins via the API as well? The plugins I'm writing/hope to be distributing sorely need it.

Something along the lines of:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/NEW?longname=COIN_NAME&shortname=CNNME&algo=skein

Thank you!
Request to the top!
I've noted your request, and I fully understand your requirement.
Thank you!!
Yo Patrike, any chance on an update on this? I'm starting to release my plugins for your product and it will really help to have this feature to reduce people's setup time.  Grin

Also some users have mentioned that when using the BTC/MHs per day option they lose price quotes because AM obviously does not get the pricing info. It would be realllyyy helpful if I could just send the coin details (price, diff, etc) over the API so they don't lose that.  Cool

Thanks!

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Seanklei10

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:34:50 PM

Other than chainz.cryptoid.info is there any other place to pull in balance info? For example, I'm looking to setup ZCL.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:50:46 AM

Are you able to share your python script?  I'd be interested in what you are doing. 
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:53:51 AM

Hi, can someone help to config awesome miner in nanopool? please ... in the Pool section - Desc- OK, Server URL -ok , Worker -? pass - ? wallet - ?
on this pool there is specific wallet address like examp <wallet/worker/e-mail > so where to wright this option in awesome miner ? cast_xmr miner and cryptopia - on cryptopia there is wallet+ID , i tried to put wallet.ID on wallet space for the pool but nothing happens , miner working but where ? i don't know . nothing showing in nanopool statistic

I posted this back a month ago in this thread in reply... maybe this will help again?

What are you trying to mine at nanopool?  I'm assuming it's either Monero or Electroneum since you are asking about XMR Cast Vega.

Cast XMR is built into AM, so I would try with this mining software first.  When you setup your pool information in AM for nanopool, the server URL should be:

xmr-us-east1.nanopool.org:14444

Change the "us-east1" part to your region's server URL.  See here for the other region server names:  https://xmr.nanopool.org/help

If you are mining ETN, then lookup the server and port name here:  https://etn.nanopool.org/help

The worker name that you put into the pool definition for AM is going to be different depending on what kind of wallet you are mining to.  The easiest to setup looks to be to your local wallet.  It has the format of ADDRESS.WORKER so your worker name would be your Monero or ETN address only.  On the Managed Miner is where you tick the box to append the worker name to the pool worker name.  So if your worker name in the pool definition is ABC123, and the appended worker name in the Managed Miner is RIG1 then AM will put those two together to be ABC123.RIG1 which is the format that nanopool is expecting for mining to your local wallet.

If you are mining to an exchange or a local wallet that requires the payment ID, then you append that to your wallet address in the pool definition.  So, the pool definition worker name  would look like:  ABC123.PayID  And then you still append the worker name from the Managed Miner of RIG1 so that AM will put it all together to be ABC123.PayID.RIG1

If you need to add an email address, then you put that in the Managed Miner worker name appending.  So if you had the pool definition worker name of ABC123.PayID  and then your Managed Miner worker name was RIG1/emailaddress@mail.com then AM will put that all together as ABC123.PayID.RIG1/emailaddress@mail.com

The pool password doesn't seem to matter so you can put an x.

hashrefinery

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:02:08 AM

Hi all,

Thanks to all  Grin Grin Grin

Are you sure that mining current profit is better than 24h?

Absolutely.

The current estimate is based on all the information the pool has currently, such as difficulty of the coin(s) being mined and the latest exchange rates to BTC (if applicable). That information will be out of date very quickly because both difficulties and exchange rates change constantly but the pool will continually adjust the current estimate using the latest info.

The 24hr value is an aggregate of estimates that older than the current one and up to 24 hours old. It is specifically NOT taking into account current difficulties or exchange rates.

This is a simplistic example that assumes difficulty does not change:

The pool might be mining two coins on the same algo - A and B.
A is the most profitable coin and is mined most of the time, but B is popular with payouts and left on the pool primarily for that purpose.
The value of A is normally 2x the value of B.
Perhaps there is some scandal involving coin A and the exchange rate drops dramatically making B the more profitable coin on that algo.
The current estimate will immediately drop by 50% because the pool is now mining B.
The 24 hour estimate will gradually drop over the next 24 hours until it also reaches 50% of the starting value.

If the mining software is choosing the pool/algo based on the current estimate it would probably swap to something else within a few minutes. If it were using the 24h figure it may take several hours before the average value drops to a point where the rig switches.

I did the test with 2 identical rigs using 2 separate btc addresses and it turned for me that current statistics had lower BTC income after 24 hours or 48 hours than the rig with 24h statistics. Anyone else tested with 2 identical rigs and separate payout addresses for accuracy ? All you have to consider is the actual BTC amount from your payout address, not current statistics that have nothing in common with real income and all you care is the amount you are getting paid, that is important.  

I won't dispute your findings - let's just agree there are a lot of variables Smiley

Pools are adjusting difficulty and also many coins have a lot of variation in difficulty, but the low difficulty that you see in statistics lasts just a few minutes and after that is decreasing a lot because of spiked hashrate. The Pool might not find any coins with low difficulty and also pool can crash because of the spike.

This is actually a separate issue but one worth mentioning - a big enough spike of new miners connecting can absolutely break or degrade a pool. There is nothing in the API currently that indicates the how busy the pool is as a percentage of total capacity or similar. The Awesome Miner dev is putting in some features which should help detect when this is occurring and temporarily disable to pool until it recovers.

Hash Refinery Pool http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ - Over 50 coins active on 15+ algos - Receive payouts in any listed coin or auto-conversion to BTC
eminer001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:30:56 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 10:49:37 AM by eminer001

It is great to see pool owners collaborating with Patrike and I do think this is the best solution for both AM and pools and of course for miners that want to have a reliable profit.
eminer001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:17:27 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 12:30:59 PM by eminer001

I do not think that I have to wait every time 5 times more time to know each time that the order is the same and only the best hashrate is saved, but indeed I really think it would be useful to have an option like "Test all miners and pick the fastest miner for each algo", right ?

Now, the question remains what do we do when we benchmark today and we have  the values saved and when we benchmark again 2 weeks later the values are different. The values also lead to wrong algos ordering because new hashrates changed the ordering, making some algos more profitable.

It is also useful to have the latest benchmark date saved and schedule periodic benchmarks. I noticed that benchmark hash rates varies for the same RIG when benchmarking again after 1 week.

Any ideea ?

I also would be interested in automated benchmarking every so often to guarantee the best profits.
[/quote]

Is Patrike alive ? It seems other software will soon be better than Awesome Miner if AM is not maintained and improved every day.

I strongly advise that AM should have an option for "precise benchmark" that should also test various intensity settings for each GPU and each mining software and save them. Right now AM leaves intensity settings to default miner's values that results in 20% lower income from the miners just because of lacking the usage of the intensity with the best results.

What news do we have about better results with pool statistics to avoid issues with spikes ?

BTW, did you see the features other software offers that is missing from AwesomeMiner ?
https://github.com/nemosminer/NemosMiner-v2.5

NemosMiner
Uses calculations based on 24hractual and currentestimate ahashpool prices to get more realistic estimate.
  Includes some trust index based on past 1hr currentestimate variation from 24hr.
  AND is NOT sensible to spikes.
  This shows less switching than following Current Estimate and more switching that following the 24hr Actual.
  Better profitability.

Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:03:44 PM

Is there a way to reverse an update, recent update has kinda broken my profit switching on my rigs... I have rigs attempting to mine algo's that are not even checked in the profit profile they are using, i even set the hashrate to 0 to attempt to deter the rig from trying to mine this algo, but it seems to be bugging/glitching out, because its seeing profit calculations in the 10k's.... i even tried unchecking them under options, algo and the algo was still being switched to.. the only way i was able to stop it from occurring is go into software and disable the algo on that miner software...

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
virtexl

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:06:53 PM

There's an announcement on Ahashpool about them changing the unit for "scrypt" to mBTC/Gh/day (from previously mBTC/Mh/day) to match other pools.
Does Awesome Miner need to update for this to keep the calculations correct?
Dalba

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:50:10 PM

Is Patrike alive ? It seems other software will soon be better than Awesome Miner if AM is not maintained and improved every day.

I strongly advise that AM should have an option for "precise benchmark" that should also test various intensity settings for each GPU and each mining software and save them. Right now AM leaves intensity settings to default miner's values that results in 20% lower income from the miners just because of lacking the usage of the intensity with the best results.

What news do we have about better results with pool statistics to avoid issues with spikes ?

BTW, did you see the features other software offers that is missing from AwesomeMiner ?

NemosMiner
Uses calculations based on 24hractual and currentestimate ahashpool prices to get more realistic estimate.
  Includes some trust index based on past 1hr currentestimate variation from 24hr.
  This shows less switching than following Current Estimate and more switching that following the 24hr Actual.
  Better profitability.

I agree with you on those suggestions. I dream of a precise benchmark that would do as follow :
- For each algorithm, test all compatible software and select the best one as the one to use ! For example an equihash test on nvidia card would select the best software between ccminer, EWBF and DSTM.
- Once the software is selected, then make another test to determine for each algorithm what would be the best intensity.

On top of that, if AM would be able to make similar profit calculations as Nemosminer can do, we could have the best managing sofware for miners !
rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:57:25 PM

With all these pools stealing huge amount from you all along for so long,  I'm surprised you haven't found even an honest pool to mine on... or with all those huge stolen amount that you haven't invested in enough ASICs just to solo mine so nobody steals from you again.  Why exactly are you still mining on predefined online services even?

Consensual masochism?

Why don't you run a pool yourself and monitor it 24/24 and see how fair a pool op you could be... plenty of scripts on github to start your own and give it a go.

And how would you expect Patrike to do the monitoring? Blatantly accusing every pool owners or go up to them and ask "Are you stealing this week?"

Because this eminer likes to be babysitted.  Because he likes to complain and offend others.  Because he thinks patrike has a telephatic connection to him, so every simple custom feature he thinks is usefull and "urgent", should be implemented right away.

Eminer.. why dont you hire someone to make your own profit switch software?

I am a computer programmer for the last 32 years.  Tired of this kind of user.

MHyza

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:03:57 PM

NemosMiner
  Better profitability.

I agree with you on those suggestions. I dream of a precise benchmark that would do as follow :
- For each algorithm, test all compatible software and select the best one as the one to use ! For example an equihash test on nvidia card would select the best software between ccminer, EWBF and DSTM.
- Once the software is selected, then make another test to determine for each algorithm what would be the best intensity.

On top of that, if AM would be able to make similar profit calculations as Nemosminer can do, we could have the best managing sofware for miners !

I agree, this would be AWESOME Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: