Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700857 times)
smartieee

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:00:21 PM

Hi Patrike,

I know that you are dealing with many different threads but was wondering if you had any thoughts on the below?

Thanks

Hi Patrike,

I have 2 (hopefully easy to impliment) features requests that I believe will add some value to AM:

1: Options -> GPU clocking - it would be nice for GPU profiles that arent used in any Profit Profiles be flagged or highlighted, this will make it easy to be able to clean up any un-used GPU profiles.

2: Coin View - Revenue / Profit column, I would like either an extra column or the ability to sort by profit instead of revenue.  I have 1070 and 1070 ti rigs with highly efficient clocking profiles where the revenue on a coin might seem low compared to other coins yet it is the most profitable due to efficient electrical usage.  The sort by profit feature would make quick to get the necessary information vs checking down the list coin by coin.  Currently my most profitable coin is on page 2 of scrolling down the coins list (as an example)

I hope that these aren't biggies to implement and hope that you see the value in this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 01:13:01 PM

Hi Patrike,

I know that you are dealing with many different threads but was wondering if you had any thoughts on the below?

Thanks

Hi Patrike,

I have 2 (hopefully easy to impliment) features requests that I believe will add some value to AM:

1: Options -> GPU clocking - it would be nice for GPU profiles that arent used in any Profit Profiles be flagged or highlighted, this will make it easy to be able to clean up any un-used GPU profiles.

2: Coin View - Revenue / Profit column, I would like either an extra column or the ability to sort by profit instead of revenue.  I have 1070 and 1070 ti rigs with highly efficient clocking profiles where the revenue on a coin might seem low compared to other coins yet it is the most profitable due to efficient electrical usage.  The sort by profit feature would make quick to get the necessary information vs checking down the list coin by coin.  Currently my most profitable coin is on page 2 of scrolling down the coins list (as an example)

I hope that these aren't biggies to implement and hope that you see the value in this.
Hi and sorry for not getting back to you on this one.

Both points you make are good. For #2 I've had some similar requests and I think the way forward here is to split Revenue and Profit into two columns just like it is for the Online Services tab. Then you can sort on the column you want. I would almost consider it a fault that the Coins tab not already behave like the Online Services tab in this sense - so you can expect a change soon.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
smartieee

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:22:35 PM

Appreciated

Hi Patrike,

Thanks

Hi Patrike,

Hi and sorry for not getting back to you on this one.

Both points you make are good. For #2 I've had some similar requests and I think the way forward here is to split Revenue and Profit into two columns just like it is for the Online Services tab. Then you can sort on the column you want. I would almost consider it a fault that the Coins tab not already behave like the Online Services tab in this sense - so you can expect a change soon.
Allo-4ka

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:30:57 PM

Any example of a coin with missing information?

SIA
coins/day 0.00000005
but in fact ~ 502 coins for every 53 hours

Folder with constantly updated ICON coins
https://yadi.sk/d/_2ZrfhxI3WoaXx

Awesome Miner is actually counting the number of ASIC devices reported by the miner itself. There are a number of ASIC miners that reports that they consist of 2, 3 or 4 devices. I do understand that this may not always be preferable, so maybe this should be configurable.
This happens if ant was added, changed IP or simply disabled, I saw repeatedly how +- 5 works, and on the "Dashboard" tab they are displayed for 30

TheRealCashen

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:48:10 PM

@Patrike
Looks like the Antminer E3 is a factor of 1,000 off. I'm showing ~200Gh/s!!! Wish it was true!
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:21:04 PM

...snip...

Awesome Miner uses the JSON format for all commands sent to miners. When you use the feaure "Prioritize" on a pool, the command can look like this (when you prioritize the first pool in the list):
{"command":"switchpool","parameter":"0"}

When you use the feature "Change Pool" or "Add Pool" in Awesome Miner:
{"command":"addpool","parameter":"stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17001,yourusername.1,x"}

Please note that "switchpool" is the command for prioritizing a pool and "addpool" is related to when you either do "Change Pool" or "Add Pool" in Awesome Miner (Change Pool will also send "removepool" commands).

You can view the commands that Awesome Miner is sending to the miner if you go to the Options dialog, Advanced section, and set the log level to Detailed. You can then perform a pool operation and for example search for "switchpool" in the Awesome Miner log file to see the exact request being sent.

Ok - thank you for this clarity. I was making the assumption that the right click dialog option "Change Pool" is what you are describing as "Prioritize" and was using that to "move miners to another pre-configured-in-the-miner pool". Which functionality in the UI equates to changing the "Priority", aka "switchpool"?

Once I get some time, I'll look and see what's changing in the miner when I use "change pool" that is causing the normal web interface to break; since "Configure API Access" fixes it, I would guess that something odd is happening with the API access rule.

One other piece, if I use AM to reboot a Z9, it comes back up with the stock clock frequencies, although the Z9's UI says it is overclocked its clear that it is not by the hash rate. The actual overclocked frequencies doesn't work until I "Configure frequency" and apply it back to the Z9.

-j

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 04:32:31 PM

Any example of a coin with missing information?

SIA
coins/day 0.00000005
but in fact ~ 502 coins for every 53 hours

Folder with constantly updated ICON coins
https://yadi.sk/d/_2ZrfhxI3WoaXx

Awesome Miner is actually counting the number of ASIC devices reported by the miner itself. There are a number of ASIC miners that reports that they consist of 2, 3 or 4 devices. I do understand that this may not always be preferable, so maybe this should be configurable.
This happens if ant was added, changed IP or simply disabled, I saw repeatedly how +- 5 works, and on the "Dashboard" tab they are displayed for 30
I found the issue related to coins/day for some of the algorithms like Blake2b. A correction will be included in the next release. Thanks for reporting the issue.

If you select an ASIC miner an look on the Summary tab, you will see how many ASIC devices that is reported for this specific miner. You will find that most ASIC miners report more than a single ASIC device here.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 04:33:16 PM

@Patrike
Looks like the Antminer E3 is a factor of 1,000 off. I'm showing ~200Gh/s!!! Wish it was true!
The latest version of Awesome Miner (v5.3.3) can detect Antminer E3 and adjust the reported hash rate unit from GH/s to MH/s. This is yet another example of an ASIC miner that reports something in GH/s when it's in fact is MH/s.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 04:35:13 PM

...snip...

Awesome Miner uses the JSON format for all commands sent to miners. When you use the feaure "Prioritize" on a pool, the command can look like this (when you prioritize the first pool in the list):
{"command":"switchpool","parameter":"0"}

When you use the feature "Change Pool" or "Add Pool" in Awesome Miner:
{"command":"addpool","parameter":"stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17001,yourusername.1,x"}

Please note that "switchpool" is the command for prioritizing a pool and "addpool" is related to when you either do "Change Pool" or "Add Pool" in Awesome Miner (Change Pool will also send "removepool" commands).

You can view the commands that Awesome Miner is sending to the miner if you go to the Options dialog, Advanced section, and set the log level to Detailed. You can then perform a pool operation and for example search for "switchpool" in the Awesome Miner log file to see the exact request being sent.

Ok - thank you for this clarity. I was making the assumption that the right click dialog option "Change Pool" is what you are describing as "Prioritize" and was using that to "move miners to another pre-configured-in-the-miner pool". Which functionality in the UI equates to changing the "Priority", aka "switchpool"?

Once I get some time, I'll look and see what's changing in the miner when I use "change pool" that is causing the normal web interface to break; since "Configure API Access" fixes it, I would guess that something odd is happening with the API access rule.

One other piece, if I use AM to reboot a Z9, it comes back up with the stock clock frequencies, although the Z9's UI says it is overclocked its clear that it is not by the hash rate. The actual overclocked frequencies doesn't work until I "Configure frequency" and apply it back to the Z9.

-j
To change pool priority, select a miner and go to the Pools tab at the bottom of the screen. Select one of the pools and click the Prioritize button. This will give the selected pool the highest priority (which is 0). The command sent to the ASIC miner is "switchpool".

cryptochristo

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:58:09 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 03:49:19 AM by cryptochristo

I upgraded to  Version: 5.3.3 and Phoenix miner no longer connects to any pools. Anyone having this issue? It prints this then just hangs there... then disconnects then reconnects. Bminer works...

Phoenix Miner 3.0c Windows/msvc - Release
-----------------------------------------

Available GPUs for mining:
GPU1: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 1), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU2: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 2), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU3: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 3), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU4: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 4), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU5: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 5), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU6: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 6), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
Listening for CDM remote manager at port 4028 in full mode
Eth: the pool list contains 1 pool
Eth: primary pool: us1-etc.ethermine.org:4444
Starting GPU mining
Eth: Connecting to ethash pool us1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 (proto: EthProxy)
Eth: Connected to ethash pool us1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 (54.177.207.188)
GPU1: 59C 35%, GPU2: 65C 51%, GPU3: 60C 43%, GPU4: 60C 43%, GPU5: 61C 45%, GPU6: 58C 41%
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:42:16 PM

Hi Patrike. Looks like your advice helped with my issue with AM forgetting the locations of my custom miners. The file location was marked as read only in windows. I changed it but it kept changing back. I had to use a tutorial I googled to get the changes to stick, apparently some windows update screwed up windows for everyone it installed for. I always disable updates, but I do let it run once on a new install, and I guess that's what happened. Anyways, I had a good idea, not sure, but it might be an easy one. So about the field that you created in online services that keeps track of pool performance, is it possible for it to show numbers above 100%? That could make it more accurate. Thanks for all your help, and for creating a superb program!
Hello Patrike. So, unfortunately my problem returned. Everything was fine for like 10 days, and then I updated AM, and immediately after AM restarted it forgot all my changes again. So as far as what I did before with windows, the tutorial I read online told me I had to regain ownership of the folders (the whole drive as a matter of fact) then remove the checkbox in file explorer for read only. The thing that is really annoying is that the box still shows up as checked no matter what, (even if the drive is no longer read only) and other Windows users have confirmed this, but I am now able to add or delete files after following the tutorial. I believe the last time AM forgot my settings was right after another AM software update. If AM is able to update it's software why would it be unable to update the config file? Another interesting side note is that AM is remembering some things I've changed. For instance I changed a couple of my wallet addresses and those haven't reverted back when AM forgets the other items. I'm a bit frustrated at this point, every time it happens, at this point I basically have a config file in my head. (Ok, here we go again, point to excavator, point to nevermore, point to ccminer, point to claymore cryptonight miner, delete Baikal cube miner, update ip address of Baikal A900) Any other ideas you have will be greatly appreciated, I just want to keep the miner running. Thanks.
It sounds like the Windows system have some strange behaviors here. Are you running any security software that causes these issues?

Awesome Miner is not using the same folder for upgrades as for the configuration file. If the user roaming folder where the configuration file is located is set to read-only, Awesome Miner will run into issues saving the configuration.

If you have a specific time where you think Awesome Miner did something wrong, please send me the log file by mail and indicate the time of the issue.
All I did was install Windows, and Mozilla Firefox, let it update initially, installed Nvidia drivers, then disable windows defender, installed my  custom mining software,(only a few) installed Ethlargement pill, updated AM config file, killed Cortana, and started mining. Then after my problem, I followed a tutorial to regain ownership of my folders (user folder), and changed folders from read only to full control, I don't install anything extra whatsoever, I don't surf the internet, I only open a couple yiimp pool stat pages. Before I install the new update I'm going to shoot a video this time closing the program, restarting it, then installing the update, checking the log file etc. If theres anything else you can think of for me to try to capture, I'll include it. Thanks again Patrike.

It should only take you about 30 minutes to rebuild a Windows 10 rig on an SSD. 

Here's the very quick steps needed to get a Windows rig setup to run headless...

1. Install Windows (depending on the version of Windows you may not even have to activate!)  Do not do any Windows Updates
2. Install missing drivers for mobo and video card
3. Turn off Windows Update service
4. Enable auto login
5. Disable sleep mode in power control panel
6. Enable RDP
7. Set Windows Defender to ignore the C:\ProgramData\AwesomeMinerService & C:\Users\yourusername\Appdata\Local\AwesomeMinerService & C:\Users\yourusername\Appdata\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService

That's all you have to do.  From that point on disconnect the monitor keyboard and mouse and RDP into the rig from the comfort of your couch.

I just do one more step.  I install  the Awesome Miner agent and then I rarely even have to RDP into the rig.
Yeah, I'm leaning twords reinstalling windows. I think your estimate is a bit optimistic on only being down for 30 minutes, but at this point, something has to be done. This is my main control unit, that's why I really was trying to avoid reinstallation. (especially when I strongly suspect the problem will return) If I'm down for 2 hours, then I have 10 Asics not mining the most profitable coin for 2 hours, and the main rig totally down which is especially painful when we're finally getting better returns. I think I'm going to see if I can block the windows update site from my router, which will save me the step of disabling the windows updates. Instead I'll just block the site externally, which will help with all my rigs, eliminating a step for every windows setup on the network. First I have one thing I had thought of that might help me avoid reinstalling this time, and then if it happens again: Is there a way to configure Awesome Miner to point to a custom location containing the configuration file? If I could do that I could point it to a usb thumb drive, which wouldn't be taken over and marked "read only" by windows. This is the only problem I'm having with this system. If it didn't forget changes to the AM config, everything else is perfect. Just an idea. Pretty much resigned to the fact I'll be reinstalling Windows this weekend if that isn't a possibility. Thank you for considering my problem.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
MHyza

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:41:57 PM

Hi team,

can you have a look/add T-Rex miner, please?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4432704.0

It is mining really faster on 1080Ti (latest drivers 398.x), on all Supported algorithms (on some a WAY FASTER Smiley:

lyra2z
phi2
hsr
c11
x17
phi
tribus

(for now?)
msallak1

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:31:43 AM

Hi team,

It is mining really faster on 1080Ti (latest drivers 398.x), on all Supported algorithms (on some a WAY FASTER Smiley:

lyra2z
phi2
hsr
c11
x17
phi
tribus

(for now?)

Yeah I am getting over 4.3 mh/s , with cryptodredge about 3.6
https://i.imgur.com/61bUhFq.png
cost82el

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:07:26 PM

@ patrike can you add support for btminer?
https://github.com/NebuTech/BTMiner_NebuTech/releases
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:10:10 PM

I upgraded to  Version: 5.3.3 and Phoenix miner no longer connects to any pools. Anyone having this issue? It prints this then just hangs there... then disconnects then reconnects. Bminer works...

Phoenix Miner 3.0c Windows/msvc - Release
-----------------------------------------

Available GPUs for mining:
GPU1: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 1), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU2: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 2), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU3: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 3), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU4: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 4), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU5: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 5), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
GPU6: GeForce GTX 1070 (pcie 6), CUDA cap. 6.1, 8 GB VRAM, 15 CUs
Listening for CDM remote manager at port 4028 in full mode
Eth: the pool list contains 1 pool
Eth: primary pool: us1-etc.ethermine.org:4444
Starting GPU mining
Eth: Connecting to ethash pool us1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 (proto: EthProxy)
Eth: Connected to ethash pool us1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 (54.177.207.188)
GPU1: 59C 35%, GPU2: 65C 51%, GPU3: 60C 43%, GPU4: 60C 43%, GPU5: 61C 45%, GPU6: 58C 41%

I've actually had another user that experienced issues with Phoenix Miner 3.0c, where going back to the previous version of Phoenix Miner (2.9 if I remember correctly) worked better. That could be an option to try.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:10:53 PM

Hi team,

lyra2z
phi2
hsr
c11
x17
phi
tribus

(for now?)

I've implemented support for T-Rex today, so it will be included in the next release. I might be able to provide a new development release tomorrow already. Once available, please give it a try. Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:12:07 PM

@ patrike can you add support for btminer?
https://github.com/NebuTech/BTMiner_NebuTech/releases
Thanks for your suggestion. Right now it says that it doesn't have any monitoring interface (API). It will not be supported until that's available, so the only option right now is to launch it as a Generic Miner:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/genericminer.aspx

manvsrice

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:43:34 PM

Hi team,

lyra2z
phi2
hsr
c11
x17
phi
tribus

(for now?)

I've implemented support for T-Rex today, so it will be included in the next release. I might be able to provide a new development release tomorrow already. Once available, please give it a try. Thanks!

Thank you Patrike, great work!
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:41:38 PM

As always, you're the best!

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Hey Patrike,

since I mine more often the crazy coins like X16r, I think a more intelligent profit switching is what AwesomeMiner needs.

Here is the problem, just as an example:

I have setup in my profile a hashrate of 100 MH/s. AM is using this hashrate to calculate the profit and switch to another algo if that profit is higher.

Lets say my calculated profit now is $10.

But now, X16r mines with lets say 150 MH/s and $15 profit. But AM still use the 100 MH/s from profile to calculate.

Another algo is now at $12, which is higher than the $10 and AM switch.

But now I'am losing $3 profit, because the real hashrate of 150 MH/s would give me $15.

I hope you get the idea.

As a workaround I have made some rules (like a 100 MH/s rule, a 110 MH/s rule, 120, 130...) to check the hashrate and then loads just different profiles. But this must be easier Smiley

So here is my suggestion how this could be done:

1) If no API/Stats exists, then take the hashrate from the actual loaded profile to calculate the profit switching. Just like now.

2) If API/Stats exists, use them instead to calculate the real profit and only switch to another algo if the real calculated profit right now is lower.

Maybe some people outthere dont like such intelligent switching. So you could make a choice in the preferences like "Use fixes switching" and "Use intelligent switching".
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: