Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032139 times)
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:32:14 PM

Gold obvously doesnt have such big dips like bitcoin but in the long run bitcoin will win

I agree with this as well, but there is no point in saying gold is down and btc is up when clearly that is not the case.

I have been trading gold/silver since 2002 and btc since 2010. the thing i noticed in that time is that some times it is good to use btc to buy gold, and some times to use gold to buy btc.

btc does not always go up and gold does not always go down. to say that it does every week, esp in 2014 is just Huh well i dont know what it is. i 100% do not understand why it is being done. anyone with access to a 6 month chart of both btc and gold will know that it is just not true.

Trading BTC since 2010? Proof? Lol

Lol, Smoothie you troll. I guess the 100% correct way to put it would be "HODLing since 2010" I was not actively trading in 2010, just stacking.   Wink

Anyone notice how goat still didn't prove his claim? Lolz

If he was stacking he could prove it. Of course he hasn't and likely won't just like his claim of buying PMs since 2002.  Cheesy

Yes goat I'm a "troll" for asking you to prove your claim. Don't you have any new material? It is getting old calling me a troll.  Grin Grin Grin

BTW how are those "not-for-profit" physical litecoins coming that you claimed we're coming in October, November, December, January....? And now it is may.  

i have never proved i have ever owned gold or ever owned btc/ltc or ever owned a Lamborghini.

you clearly are a troll and the biggest troll on this forum other than matthew n wright.

your one question that has value (and just now asked) is about the physical litecoins. the silver was paid for, the holograms are done, the certificates are done, but the revolutionary thing that would make it counterfeit proof (or highly resistant) has turned out to be a pickle to mint. the idea is sound but to make something that is better than what is out there by miles, and cost effective is not as easy as i once thought. we are working on it, but no, it is not to make myself rich like the other ltc option. i will not gain a cent from it, if it ever works. at best i will cover my investment.

and by the way smoothie, fuck you for always attacking me despite my being open and honest. you are a troll and fuck you if you dont like me calling you what you are. grow up asshole.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:33:26 PM

Even though PMs may garner some gains in the next 5 years, it will pale in comparison to the valuation crypto has overall in the same timeframe

Peter Schiff doing a 180 is a clear sign of things to come.

he hasn't done a 180, yet, he's just using it as a utility, hes still dependent on the "miscreanity" gold bug narrative.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:34:47 PM

Even though PMs may garner some gains in the next 5 years, it will pale in comparison to the valuation crypto has overall in the same timeframe

he hasn't done a 180, yet, he's just using it as a utility, hes still dependent on the "miscreanity" gold bug narrative.

true, but gold bugs using btc is pretty cool Smiley

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:41:06 PM

he hasn't done a 180, yet, he's just using it as a utility

i bet he's lying about that.

i bet he's had an epiphany and now is trying to accumulate.  the least risky way to do that is to sell a service or a good and i think that's what he's concluded.  his business is ideally set up to do this and i think they realize they need to hedge their previously strident opinion on Bitcoin.

i bet a year from now he'll be singing a different tune.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

i bet he's had an epiphany and now is trying to accumulate.  the least risky way to do that is to sell a service or a good and i think that's what he's concluded.  his business is ideally set up to do this and i think they realize they need to hedge their previously strident opinion on Bitcoin.

i bet a year from now he will be singing a different tune too, but i honestly do not think he knows it yet. i think he might be to the point of, "lets give this a shoot" if he was in btc he would be silent about it until he had all he could buy, then he would be talking about it non stop.

Trolling
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:47:26 PM

i bet a year from now he will be singing a different tune too, but i honestly do not think he knows it yet. i think he might be to the point of, "lets give this a shoot" if he was in btc he would be silent about it until he had all he could buy, then he would be talking about it non stop.

but the 180 degree turnaround is so abrupt and so public that the press demands a statement.  so he lies.  if he says he's bullish on accumulating Bitcoin, the price jacks up and that makes his new position much more difficult.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:00:49 PM

He is in sales, so he has to sell the narrative.   

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

He's covering his reputation.  A year from now if BTC fails he'll say "I never recommended it, just accepted it for convenience".  If BTC succeeds his song will be "I've been supporting Bitcoin since early 2013"...
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:01:22 PM

He's covering his reputation.  A year from now if BTC fails he'll say "I never recommended it, just accepted it for convenience".  If BTC succeeds his song will be "I've been supporting Bitcoin since early 2013"...

Exactly this. He might not even have a true opinion as he wins either way.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

A quote from the other forum talking about the coup in Thailand.

Anyway we have food to last us a bit, and gold to get us out if need be. No one is going to take fiat or BTC at the airport if it comes to that.

You can buy anything in the world for BTC. Send me 1000 BTC and I'll charter a private jet and come pick you up. Today is already Bitcoin Pizza Day, so how about tomorrow? We'll call it Bitcoin Rescue Jet Day. The pizzas were 10,000 BTC, so think of this as a real bargain.

Buy & Hold
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:25:40 PM

Gold obvously doesnt have such big dips like bitcoin but in the long run bitcoin will win

I agree with this as well, but there is no point in saying gold is down and btc is up when clearly that is not the case.

I have been trading gold/silver since 2002 and btc since 2010. the thing i noticed in that time is that some times it is good to use btc to buy gold, and some times to use gold to buy btc.

btc does not always go up and gold does not always go down. to say that it does every week, esp in 2014 is just Huh well i dont know what it is. i 100% do not understand why it is being done. anyone with access to a 6 month chart of both btc and gold will know that it is just not true.

Trading BTC since 2010? Proof? Lol

Lol, Smoothie you troll. I guess the 100% correct way to put it would be "HODLing since 2010" I was not actively trading in 2010, just stacking.   Wink

Anyone notice how goat still didn't prove his claim? Lolz

If he was stacking he could prove it. Of course he hasn't and likely won't just like his claim of buying PMs since 2002.  Cheesy

Yes goat I'm a "troll" for asking you to prove your claim. Don't you have any new material? It is getting old calling me a troll.  Grin Grin Grin

BTW how are those "not-for-profit" physical litecoins coming that you claimed we're coming in October, November, December, January....? And now it is may.  

i have never proved i have ever owned gold or ever owned btc/ltc or ever owned a Lamborghini.

you clearly are a troll and the biggest troll on this forum other than matthew n wright.

your one question that has value (and just now asked) is about the physical litecoins. the silver was paid for, the holograms are done, the certificates are done, but the revolutionary thing that would make it counterfeit proof (or highly resistant) has turned out to be a pickle to mint. the idea is sound but to make something that is better than what is out there by miles, and cost effective is not as easy as i once thought. we are working on it, but no, it is not to make myself rich like the other ltc option. i will not gain a cent from it, if it ever works. at best i will cover my investment.

and by the way smoothie, fuck you for always attacking me despite my being open and honest. you are a troll and fuck you if you dont like me calling you what you are. grow up asshole.

LOL. Looks like I'm not the only one calling you out on your claims.  Roll Eyes

I have more LTC than gold, silver and every other metal combined.

Now that's nuts. I don't like the multi-decade outlook for PMs, but I don't like the multi-*year* outlook for litecoin. There are no prizes for being 2nd in this race, especially if you offer nothing technically over #1.

But I'm not a trader, so if you have some market-momentum argument, that's fine.

I agree and I am slowly moving some LTC into BTC (and some metals) but my point of making that public was to show people just how bullish I am on crypto. Just cuz I hold gold does not mean I don't like crypto.

Also I do have some LTC cuz if BTC breaks or forks LTC is our best shot. However BTC is looking stronger every day.

yeah sure, your positions always magically change once we appear to be making a definitive turn in direction of the price, like over the last 2 days.  prior to that, you were bad mouthing crypto and pushing metals heavily.

not only that, you like to rewrite history, like that time several months ago when you claimed you were selling metals back in 2011.  no you weren't.  b/c for someone who so often likes to comment about how right they were, you would've been all over this thread back then announcing that fact as this thread was front and center.  instead we only hear about it a few months ago. Roll Eyes

See? ^  Cheesy

All I asked for was proof of your claim. Automatically that makes me a troll.

Honestly I could care less what you call me Goat, even if it is the word "troll". I'm much more thick skinned than that. That's kindergarten stuff. lolz.

Not long ago you made PM purchase and liquidation claims in particular years. I asked you to prove it, and of course you didn't. I was not alone on calling you out on that one and you scurried away really quickly at the first sign of opposition to your claims.

Nothing has changed in this last attempt to get you to prove your claims.

Anyone can type something on a forum on the internet and claim it as "truth".

I hope you finish your physical litecoin that way you can at least do what you say for once and have actual proof you did something.

Oh and concerning your cussing at me....no thanks. Thanks for the offer though, I don't swing that way.  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

LOL, I've never understood why people get into pissing contests in a message board of all places.  WTF do you get out of it?  You'll never see these people IRL unless you specifically make an effort.

If you asked me to prove some huge PM sale in public on the internet of all places, I'd be like "whatever".  You guys chatting about sackloads of silver/gold, lambos, etc. ARE only accessing these forums through TOR or VPN, right?  And be careful about verbal leakage like Missouri, Hawaii, etc...

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:05:15 PM

LOL, I've never understood why people get into pissing contests in a message board of all places.  WTF do you get out of it?  You'll never see these people IRL unless you specifically make an effort.

If you asked me to prove some huge PM sale in public on the internet of all places, I'd be like "whatever".  You guys chatting about sackloads of silver/gold, lambos, etc. ARE only accessing these forums through TOR or VPN, right?  And be careful about verbal leakage like Missouri, Hawaii, etc...

Since when was the discussion of proof directed at quantity?

To be clear in case you missed it: It was about the principal concept of purchases and liquidations at particular time interval claims.

Since when is a question of proof a pissing contest? We aren't measuring anything here of length. Lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:43:30 AM

oh so sad.

many of the altcoins are slowly getting strangled by Bitcoin.  Ripple down over -41%.  Dogecoin on a steady decline.  

the only one doing really well albeit for a short time period is Darkcoin b/c apparently ppl like privacy.  Roll Eyes
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:47:45 AM

oh so sad.

many of the altcoins are slowly getting strangled by Bitcoin.  Ripple down over -41%.  Dogecoin on a steady decline. 

the only one doing really well albeit for a short time period is Darkcoin b/c apparently ppl like privacy.  Roll Eyes
Are the Bitcoin devs open to implement true anonymity if it is possible?

It's good to see the scamcoins dropping like flies, but I do wish Bitcoin was much more anonymous. Right now, I can't even select which inputs to use for a transaction (I believe Coinjoin will let you do this?).
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:59:01 AM

oh so sad.

many of the altcoins are slowly getting strangled by Bitcoin.  Ripple down over -41%.  Dogecoin on a steady decline. 

the only one doing really well albeit for a short time period is Darkcoin b/c apparently ppl like privacy.  Roll Eyes

It's good to see the scamcoins dropping like flies, but I do wish Bitcoin was much more anonymous. Right now, I can't even select which inputs to use for a transaction (I believe Coinjoin will let you do this?).

Of course you can do this, also in the official client (just update your client once in a while Wink)
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:03:06 AM

oh so sad.

Of course you can do this, also in the official client (just update your client once in a while Wink)
Really? Can you do it in Armory too? How?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:10:53 AM

oh so sad.

many of the altcoins are slowly getting strangled by Bitcoin.  Ripple down over -41%.  Dogecoin on a steady decline.  
I
the only one doing really well albeit for a short time period is Darkcoin b/c apparently ppl like privacy.  Roll Eyes

Yes
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:16:48 AM

oh so sad.

I

Yes

Armory had coincontrol way longer.
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:38:03 AM

oh so sad.

I

Yes

Armory had coincontrol way longer.

Custom change addresses and coin-control only appear if the user explicitly changes the mode to "Expert." 
There we have it, I never thought expert had anything I'd need. Thanks for making me aware.
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: