Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex / Poloniex / Cryptsy All Coin Trading Software, Quatloo Trader.  (Read 236484 times)
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:52:46 AM

The error happens constantly.  Markus was looking into alternatives to this before he had to work so much and should be getting this fixed.  I suggested that the check for coins happen at beginning of trading instance and then allow trades until program is shut down.  Not sure how he makes the checks though, assuming the Trader checks during api calls to retrieve coin info.  I know he had other options as well.  Looking forward to more development on this. Started great, stumbled through hard times with Markus having little time, but I do not doubt he will be back as soon as he can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:04:55 PM

Got a problem...

If I leave the app running for a few hours, eventually it stops the trades because it thinks that I don't have enough QTL:

But I do have them on BitTrex:

If I restart the app, it will work again for a few hours. But that's unreliable! Is that a known issue, can this be fixed?

And when I restart the app, it forgets some of my Ping Pong settings, so I have to enter them again :-(

Thanks!

How steady is your internet connection? I get this issue a lot as well. Hopefully he is working on another way to prove our holdings so this doesn't happen.

Yep, no problems with internet. I think maybe the problem is with Bittrex API throttling or something like that.

PS: Just got another error (notice that the word "Program" is spelled wrong)

This isn't just a bittrex issue. I have the bot running on an older laptop and sometimes it decides to disconnect from wifi, or it decides that there is no internet connection, when this happens the bot ceases to function. Sometimes going to the trader tab and reloading your balance for qtl will work, sometimes it tells you that you need 1000qtl and to restart the bot. For the record, I have 20k in both bittrex and polo so while bittrex is the culprit sometimes, its not at fault 100% of the time. Its more likely that the machine your running it own is losing connection to the net for long enough that the bot errors out. Oh, and my internet connection is 30/10 so its not the isp or even my router at fault, its the flaky wifi on the machine I have it on, its likely the same issue your having, you just don't notice it because it usually autocorrects while browsing the net.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:07:31 PM

The error happens constantly.  Markus was looking into alternatives to this before he had to work so much and should be getting this fixed.  I suggested that the check for coins happen at beginning of trading instance and then allow trades until program is shut down.  Not sure how he makes the checks though, assuming the Trader checks during api calls to retrieve coin info.  I know he had other options as well.  Looking forward to more development on this. Started great, stumbled through hard times with Markus having little time, but I do not doubt he will be back as soon as he can.

It would be even easier for it check the blockchain for the balance on an address. Maybe let us import a privkey or sign a message to prove control of that address. It could also be as simple as giving the bot a way to reset the permissions without reloading, OR, give us a backup settings options. It wouldn't bother me as much if I wasn't arbitraging multiple coins that have to be set up everytime it launches along with the arb delay, profit %, etc.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Yes, I have suggested that type of solution as well.  I know Markus has thought about it, but we will have to see which way he goes.
dimez

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:26:52 PM

Got a problem...

If I leave the app running for a few hours, eventually it stops the trades because it thinks that I don't have enough QTL:

If I restart the app, it will work again for a few hours. But that's unreliable! Is that a known issue, can this be fixed?

And when I restart the app, it forgets some of my Ping Pong settings, so I have to enter them again :-(

Thanks!

I have the same error every 30 minutes, it is not a network problem is the problem of Programs. If the developer does not fix this in the near future is waiting for the collapse of the coin QTL Undecided

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:09:42 AM

Development on Quatloo trader seems to have come down to a crawl and price action on Bittrex not so hot either  Angry

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:32:31 PM

Development on Quatloo trader seems to have come down to a crawl and price action on Bittrex not so hot either  Angry

I just started getting into the updates.  I'm shooting for an update release by next weekend. Things are going well.

Let's see what the weekend brings. I'm hoping the updates will address the "Not enough QTL" issue
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:47:35 PM

it seem the program was set to check qtl balance every few minute,  maybe the program shoult test qtl balance just at the start of the program Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:31:27 PM

Got a problem...

Thanks!

I have the same error every 30 minutes, it is not a network problem is the problem of Programs. If the developer does not fix this in the near future is waiting for the collapse of the coin QTL Undecided

Sorry, but NO. Its not simply an error in the program. Its likely the system your running the bot on is losing network connection for long enough to trigger the error. I do get the same issue, but not that often. Yes, its a combination of the way and how often it checks for a qtl balance and the connection the bot uses to connect to the net, I would look at your own network setup before placing all the blame on the dev/app.
AdamWhite

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:37:46 PM

I would agree that it is an error in the program. Operating systems don't need to be restarted if you lose internet connectivity temporarily, same with browsers or most other software. It's a serious issue and it needs to be addressed.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:58:02 PM

It IS a software issue.  Most likely with Bittrex api.  The Bittrex api does not respond sometimes which would cause a no balance issue in the software.  I am confident it will be fixed one way or another as Markus has already said he was aware of it.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:43:29 PM

I would agree that it is an error in the program. Operating systems don't need to be restarted if you lose internet connectivity temporarily, same with browsers or most other software. It's a serious issue and it needs to be addressed.

Yes, it is a software issue AND and issue with the connectivity of your system to bittrex or polo. This error happens to me but not as often as too other people here, that along with what I have noticed with the system I have it running on tells me that is a combination of issues. If its happening once every 12-24+ hours, every few days, etc, its a software and or api issue, if its happening every 30 minutes, you need to look at your network and internet setup and see what can be done to improve it.

Are the 2 of you incapable of understanding reason? Can you not get that if it happens ALL the time to YOU when others don't have that kind of issue that maybe the problem is partly with YOU and not 100% on the software?

As to OS's needing to be restarted with a connectivity issue? What planet are you from? Most of the time just disabling and restarting the affected hardware can fix it, but sometimes a driver or another part of the os goes haywire and it needs a fresh start to get things up and running. This is what is likely happening in the software, but it is exacerbated by a temp drop of your internet connection.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:13:00 PM

Apparently about as well as you can read.  As I stated, Markus has already acknowledged the flaw.  And, BTW, I run my own software on same system with QTL and mine has run for 6 weeks without any interruption.  So much for a system issue.

The difference is that my routines fail with no api returned and catch info on next call.  Bittrex does this a lot and Poloniex very little.  I do not use Cryptsy yet, so do not know how it acts.

Why you feel the need to be hostile about a known issue and seem to want to prove yourself over trivial crap is beyond me, but if it makes you feel better.......

Bottom line is the Trader still needs work and Markus knows that and will get an upgrade out as soon as he can.
AdamWhite

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:19:38 PM

rdyoung you really need to tone it down a few notches  Roll Eyes

I said operating systems don't need to be restarted. you don't see people rebooting due to a temporary loss of internet connection. guess what, not everyone has enterprise-grade connections with multiple failovers, there are a variety of reasons why a residential connection might go down. maybe it's spotty wireless, maybe you're tethering to your smartphone, maybe you're on dialup. who cares. there's absolutely no reason why the trader should stop working due to a temporary loss of connectivity, and yelling "it's not the trader it's YOU" isn't helping whatsoever
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:04:06 PM

rdyoung you really need to tone it down a few notches  Roll Eyes

I said operating systems don't need to be restarted. you don't see people rebooting due to a temporary loss of internet connection. guess what, not everyone has enterprise-grade connections with multiple failovers, there are a variety of reasons why a residential connection might go down. maybe it's spotty wireless, maybe you're tethering to your smartphone, maybe you're on dialup. who cares. there's absolutely no reason why the trader should stop working due to a temporary loss of connectivity, and yelling "it's not the trader it's YOU" isn't helping whatsoever

You guys are the ones that need to read a little more and think a bit before you post. Reread my posts and tell me where I said its ALL on the OPERATOR! You can't, because thats not what I said.

I will try this one more time. Yes, there is an issue with the bot that is inherent and exacerbated by the api issues with bittrex, I can tell that its the way he tied all 3 balance checks, etc together, I keep getting an error popup when trying to add coins to the arb list. My point is that if YOUR getting the not enought qtl error every 30 minutes or so while others have it happening WAY LESS OFTEN, there is likely an issue with your home connection and that you could do something to fix it in order to reduce the errors you get until there is a fix, OR, not, give up and walk away, more arbs for me.
dimez

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:57:04 PM

I do not think that I could be disruptions to the Internet, I use the VPS, the program runs from 3 to 10 hours. and not just a problem I tried to use Bittrex balance Poloniex problem remains. conclusion - update is necessary because the current state of the use of the program is not appropriate

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:32:16 PM

I do not think that I could be disruptions to the Internet, I use the VPS, the program runs from 3 to 10 hours. and not just a problem I tried to use Bittrex balance Poloniex problem remains. conclusion - update is necessary because the current state of the use of the program is not appropriate

Using VPS is part of your issue. Its likely adding hops between you and the exchange servers that are causing packets to be dropped or lost causing an issue with the bot.
Why do you need VPS? Does your country/city/town/whatever block access to the exchanges?
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:54:14 PM

You can, of course, have your own opinion.  I have run this on 5 different machines, with three different operating systems and two completely different internet providers and connections with exactly the same results.  So much so that I wrote my own program to trade.  That is why I know the API's are causing problems.  I don't have any problem with you having an opinion that the internet connection causes problems, but it is still an issue that the software can catch and work around.  I know, because mine does.  So, again, since you seem to need to feel good about yourself, very good opinion!  Still waiting for the Trader to be fixed by the guy writing it, which will not be done by either you or me.

I will say that I just happen to believe that Markus will get it done and it will work correctly down the road, so the only thing that will work at this time is patience.  Good luck and happy trading!
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 07:02:38 PM

I believe Markus is working on it this weekend. And I have told him about the bittrex api and throttling issues.
I stay connected, but I have zero balances and pair input errors in the arb features. This is all due to bittrex's
change and Markus will update it soon.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money