Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:52:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex / Poloniex / Cryptsy All Coin Trading Software, Quatloo Trader.  (Read 236484 times)
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:56:39 PM

Did anyone here listen about the new inwalet bot for the CIRC wallet?
Its supposed to be nice and look sexy like the wallet?
Anyone listen about this yet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Borrocus

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:41:11 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 11:52:01 PM by Borrocus

Has anyone noticed that QTL is not listed on Crypsty. Was it ever listed?

Yes, checked it, your info appears to be correct. In my humble opinion Cryptsy should consider listing it, Quatloo is a legit coin.
Borrocus

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:52:10 PM

Hello, I just got this bot, and I am interested in using it through a server, like the one on amazon.  But I have zeero knowledge on this, is there a guide for noobs somewhere on how to set this up, or do I just drop the files, click the exe, and away it goes?

Look like a nice bot, but I hope that the dev picks up the slack soon, it is looking like abandonware at this point.  Plus I think the price of qtl is suffering from this.

rdyoung sometimes provides technical support.

Yes, it seems the price is suffering at the moment, it was much higher, near to 32,000 Satoshis.

kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:58:39 AM

Update delayed till Wednesday....
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:24:07 AM

Update delayed till Wednesday....

Bummer, I was looking forward to an update finally.  I bet it will move the price a bit, whether up or down depends on the update I guess.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:54:22 AM

Price will only move when new features and exchanges are added not bug fixes alone

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:04:14 PM

Price will only move when new features and exchanges are added not bug fixes alone
Guess Litecoin is not going up then.....In other words bs
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:23:47 PM

Guess Litecoin is not going up then.....In other words bs
Litecoin and qtl are 2 completely different coins. hiddensphinx has a point, it will only move on major news about the bot or the wallet/network.
as for litecoin, it could be responding to the greece news and who knows what else. I have stopped trying to predict what a market will do based on investor sentiment, I prefer to buy and hold those markets that have long term potential.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:38:20 PM

These are all pure guesswork.  Biggest reason I like QTL is that there is actually something useful behind it.  Very few out there yet with practical value.  I have said all along, this will go as far a Markus takes it.  Still need to cap the total coin amount or slow it down though!  Not going to get thousands of users anytime soon.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:51:15 PM

These are all pure guesswork.  Biggest reason I like QTL is that there is actually something useful behind it.  Very few out there yet with practical value.  I have said all along, this will go as far a Markus takes it.  Still need to cap the total coin amount or slow it down though!  Not going to get thousands of users anytime soon.

We also don't want 1ks of users HFT'ing or Arbing either. The more people using bots like this, the less profit there is to go around.

What is total guesswork? That the price of qtl will improve when there is a reason for people to buy it to unlock the bot?
I do agree that he might consider a floating cost for the unlocking of features that is based on an average exchange rate. If QTL jumps by say 10x, there is no reason for someone to have pay 10x the btc to unlock the same features we got at a lower price.
Borrocus

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:02:46 PM

...Biggest reason I like QTL is that there is actually something useful behind it...
Still need to cap the total coin amount or slow it down though!  Not going to get thousands of users anytime soon.

That is why I like it too, Quatloo actually is a coin with a useful concept that stands behind it.

If you reduce the total coin amount you will have to wait a long time to have a measurable effect.  I've made a suggestion earlier that the user should be able to select on an extra settings tab what features he wants to unlock. The user sees the amount of required Quatloos and chooses to set a check mark for the options he wants. Basic features could be cheap and high end features could require a larger amount of Quatloo.

To keep a balance between user adoption and the amount of the daily mined Quatloos unlocking all features could require a substantial amount of Quatloos.

It could be thinkable that a fully unlocked version of the Quatloo trading software (high end version) requires several days of mining. This would work only if the Quatloo software has really good features!
Borrocus

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:11:42 PM

... Biggest reason I like QTL is that there is actually something useful behind it...

... If QTL jumps by say 10x, there is no reason for someone to have pay 10x the btc to unlock the same features we got at a lower price.

The reason to buy Quatloo long term will be determined (this is the main factor in my opinion) by the usefulness of the features that the software offers. The market will set the price.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:57:01 PM

Yes it will, all been discussed before. 

Alt coins are all guess work at this point.  When ppl want to pump them they go.  Very few with actual practical value at this point.  That will change with time.

I personally like the "conditional freeware", but would love to see an amount to be held in wallet to run software. The mining keeps people in the coin, but when and if value goes up due to the program features, there will still need to be a mechanism for turning coins over on the exchanges, or it will not be useful for them to keep the coin. The bulk of the coins should become tied up at that point.  The mining serves that purpose until or unless the software catches fire. Eh, who knows, maybe it will all feed on itself and the coin will fly.....   Sorry, day dreaming again! 

I think if there was a routine set up for us to purchase coins that would either sell back to exchanges over time, or even have them destroy themselves as license runs out over time, that would kick price into gear, when the features are fleshed out, of course. 

And yes, arb would likely suffer from lots of users, but value of the coin would not.  Catch 22 there, but all things equal, would love for coin to rise in price much more than keeping numbers down for arb.  Of course, if software is tied to coin amount, that would serve to keep numbers low just because people will stop buying in at some price.  Too bad for people who did not get in is my view. 

There are other routines that can be added to make profit over time other than arb.  Been waiting for Markus to be able to get into more features, but one at a time.

Anyway, all in Markus' hands at the moment.  I still have faith in him.  Hopefully his job will get back to normal for a while and he will have some time.  Kinda saw this coming in the beginning and talked to Markus about it a little, but what can you do but have patience.  He has to make a living like most of us!

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:18:02 PM

Yes it will, all been discussed before. 

Alt coins are all guess work at this point.  When ppl want to pump them they go.  Very few with actual practical value at this point.  That will change with time.

I personally like the "conditional freeware", but would love to see an amount to be held in wallet to run software. The mining keeps people in the coin, but when and if value goes up due to the program features, there will still need to be a mechanism for turning coins over on the exchanges, or it will not be useful for them to keep the coin. The bulk of the coins should become tied up at that point.  The mining serves that purpose until or unless the software catches fire. Eh, who knows, maybe it will all feed on itself and the coin will fly.....   Sorry, day dreaming again! 

I think if there was a routine set up for us to purchase coins that would either sell back to exchanges over time, or even have them destroy themselves as license runs out over time, that would kick price into gear, when the features are fleshed out, of course. 

And yes, arb would likely suffer from lots of users, but value of the coin would not.  Catch 22 there, but all things equal, would love for coin to rise in price much more than keeping numbers down for arb.  Of course, if software is tied to coin amount, that would serve to keep numbers low just because people will stop buying in at some price.  Too bad for people who did not get in is my view. 

There are other routines that can be added to make profit over time other than arb.  Been waiting for Markus to be able to get into more features, but one at a time.

Anyway, all in Markus' hands at the moment.  I still have faith in him.  Hopefully his job will get back to normal for a while and he will have some time.  Kinda saw this coming in the beginning and talked to Markus about it a little, but what can you do but have patience.  He has to make a living like most of us!

QTL as a coin has to stand out for demand to increase enough to raise the price. If markus is doing that by tying it to the bot, then the features of the bot need to keep being updated and improved to keep investor interest in the coin. Not everyone who is trading QTL cares about the bot, but if enough talk and speculation is out there about what could be and is on the horizon, some of those looking to hold certain coins because of their long term value may look at QTL as something worth holding. Generally you don't want a ton of people or bots arbing any market as that reduces the potential profit, but thinking about where we stand with the birth of the crypto revolution, I don't foresee the profits going away anytime soon.

There is no need for there to be a "mechanism" to get QTL back into the exchanges. QTL, just like every other coin in existence has more coins on exchanges than are in peoples wallets. It is easy enough to send the funds from a local wallet into the exchange of your choice if needed. I would also love the opportunity to arb qtl without risking it giving my bot a headache.

In short, all the academics/analysis and logic in the world can't tell you what a market will do. All you can do is look for signs to enter/exit and exploit whatever profit you can.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:32:51 PM

I agree, but I still think if the software is tied to the coins and it is improving, you will tie up the coin supply eventually.  That was a goal from the beginning.  Maybe it gets there, maybe not, but if it does, the more you set up for churn on the exchanges, the better position you will be in. 

If the software becomes top shelf, it will leave the coin behind.  That is why people have wanted it sold without the coin requirement.

I also agree that there are people in the coin that don't use the Trader, but it is all tied together.  The entire point was to put pressure on the coin with a desirable program.  I have stated many times that from my point of view, it is a winner either way.  High coin price, win.  Great software, win.  Either way worked for me.

sigwo

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 10:42:27 PM

Is there an OS X or Linux version yet? I jumped QTL Bot ship long ago and haven't come back because of this.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:47:32 PM

I agree, but I still think if the software is tied to the coins and it is improving, you will tie up the coin supply eventually.  That was a goal from the beginning.  Maybe it gets there, maybe not, but if it does, the more you set up for churn on the exchanges, the better position you will be in. 

If the software becomes top shelf, it will leave the coin behind.  That is why people have wanted it sold without the coin requirement.

I also agree that there are people in the coin that don't use the Trader, but it is all tied together.  The entire point was to put pressure on the coin with a desirable program.  I have stated many times that from my point of view, it is a winner either way.  High coin price, win.  Great software, win.  Either way worked for me.

Not arguing at all. And yes, it seems that the intent was to tie the coin to the bot. I do like the conditional freeware approach, what would be nice is a couple of changes. 1st, allow a free period to use the bot and see if you like it, rather than requiring people to invest in a coin to unlock it before they know if it will work for them. Maybe allow a purchase of 1k qtl to temp unlock the bot for 72 hours or something, it could be tied to a local address built in and created by the bot so that it would be harder to workaround and get unlimited free trials.
2nd, this just hit me, if the goal is to tie up the coins, offer a destroy X # of coins to unconditionally unlock the bot. I like the bot enough that I would take that option if it was available, until he can fix the "not enough qtl" error, its killing my profitability. I will go to bed with the bot working fine and wake up to find it stopped working only a couple hours after I crashed, leaving the bot not running for 6-8 hours at a time.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:15:53 PM

Hopefully the bugs gets fixed this time around. I have run my software for two months now with no hiccups in it unless my computer or connection drops, which is seldom.  This problem has to be tied to balance checking, which I dont do because I dont need to.

Markus has talked about destroying coins to reduce the amount, but doubt he has had time to work on any of that.  I wanted to see an expiring licence where one would buy into the trader and the amount required to hold would decrease at intervals so one could sell back coins over time.  Figured that would churn coins on exchanges and then if you wanted to buy back in it is a gamble.  You could always choose to hold coins.

At this point, only a group of ppl have bought in and it has not been enough to drive the price up.  So mining right now introduces too many coins and software is not good enough to draw more ppl in yet.  That can change, but with all these coins, once the core believers are in, price just stagnates and if volume doesnt hold, coins drop out of exchanges.

Mining is holding interest in qtl now, but the software is the key in the long run.  For my part, one coin per license would be great, but it would not keep qtl on exchanges that way. 

As far as buying in, i still think if you believe you buy in now.  Price rises too high for software, oh well.  An exclusive group of users would not hurt for a great bot/trader.  I am very sure that was also part of the original plan as it was tossed around to enable qtl traders to work together at some point.

Oh well, we wait and hope!  We shall see what this becomes........
Borrocus

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:50:32 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 08:05:06 AM by Borrocus

...I have stated many times that from my point of view, it is a winner either way.  High coin price, win.  Great software, win...

... Maybe allow a purchase of 1k qtl to temp unlock the bot for 72 hours or something, it could be tied to a local address built in and created by the bot so that it would be harder to workaround and get unlimited free trials.

2nd, this just hit me, if the goal is to tie up the coins, offer a destroy X # of coins to unconditionally unlock the bot. I like the bot enough that I would take that option if it was available, until he can fix the "not enough qtl" error, its killing my profitability. I will go to bed with the bot working fine and wake up to find it stopped working only a couple hours after I crashed, leaving the bot not running for 6-8 hours at a time.

I'd really love to see the Quatloo trader succeed.

rdyoung, as to the time limit that you suggest I'd be careful with that and would generally advise against it. First, it opens too many potential loopholes for people attempting to get unlimited free trials. Second, there is no real point to it. You can easily buy Quatloo coins, test the software and if it doesn't fulfill your requirements you can sell it easily at the market. Where else do you have such a good sales opportunity for software? You might even be able to achieve the same price.

In case you sell a little bit lower consider it a small fee for beeing able to test it. Sounds fair to me.

kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:53:33 PM

@sigwo. Nope.  Markus has been working too much at job to get much done.  Updates coming, but I doubt in any other language at this point.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: