Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:25:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex / Poloniex / Cryptsy All Coin Trading Software, Quatloo Trader.  (Read 236484 times)
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:54:00 PM

I do not think that I could be disruptions to the Internet, I use the VPS, the program runs from 3 to 10 hours. and not just a problem I tried to use Bittrex balance Poloniex problem remains. conclusion - update is necessary because the current state of the use of the program is not appropriate

Using VPS is part of your issue. Its likely adding hops between you and the exchange servers that are causing packets to be dropped or lost causing an issue with the bot.
Why do you need VPS? Does your country/city/town/whatever block access to the exchanges?

sorry but this is completely wrong.. the bot is connecting to the exchange api's from the VPS, so it has nothing to do with his home connection anymore. if anything, there will be less hops between the vps to exchange server api's

Wow, you really believe that a vps reduces the # of hops? This is only possible if the vps is being hosted in the same datacenter as the exchanges, which is not possible as they all 3 are likely hosted in seperate datacenters. Also, are you saying that he is hosting the bot at the datacenter that is running the vps? This is the only way the bot could be connecting to the api from the VPS. I hope you are simply mistaken in your understanding of this situation or that english isn't your first language, because from this it would appear you have no clue how the internet works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:59:03 PM

You can, of course, have your own opinion.  I have run this on 5 different machines, with three different operating systems and two completely different internet providers and connections with exactly the same results.  So much so that I wrote my own program to trade.  That is why I know the API's are causing problems.  I don't have any problem with you having an opinion that the internet connection causes problems, but it is still an issue that the software can catch and work around.  I know, because mine does.  So, again, since you seem to need to feel good about yourself, very good opinion!  Still waiting for the Trader to be fixed by the guy writing it, which will not be done by either you or me.

I will say that I just happen to believe that Markus will get it done and it will work correctly down the road, so the only thing that will work at this time is patience.  Good luck and happy trading!

Good for you being able to trouble shoot this to the nth degree. You still haven't countered my point that the internet connection the bot is using is part of the current issue. YES, this is something the bot should be able to work around and hopefully will be fixed in the next release, but your basically putting your head in the sand and not allowing for something small that the individual running the bot can do to lessen the frequency of this issue.

I will repeat, I get this issue every 24+ hours or so, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. I am NOT on a super highspeed, high quality line. I am connected via wireless router and cable modem. If someone is having this issue every few minutes then there is likely something they can do to lessen how often it happens. I AGREE THAT ITS A PROBLEM WITH THE BOT, but there is also likely an issue with the router, modem or line if someone is getting this error every 30 minutes or less.

Why are you so against doing what you can to improve someones experience until a fix is released?
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:24:16 PM

Again, read slowly and ask a friend if you need help with words!  I did not say anything about troubleshooting.  Simply stated how I have run the program.  I also told you I wrote my own program because of it.  I know it is hard to understand, but it really does not matter to me one way or another.  I have simply put it out there for all those who must depend on Markus that this will likely get this fixed.  Especially since writing my own program has given me great insight to what problems the APIs are causing.  Believe it or not, I suspect I know exactly what is happening with the program.  But, since I am not privy to the code or method, it is only an educated guess.

Anyone running on spotty internet trying to trade is asking for trouble anyway.  Since you bring nothing to the table as far as a solution for the software, not really sure why it bothers you so much, so this is last time I reply.  I will give you the last word since I suspect you really need it!

To everyone else, hopefully Markus gets time soon.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:29:13 PM

I do not think that I could be disruptions to the Internet, I use the VPS, the program runs from 3 to 10 hours. and not just a problem I tried to use Bittrex balance Poloniex problem remains. conclusion - update is necessary because the current state of the use of the program is not appropriate

Using VPS is part of your issue. Its likely adding hops between you and the exchange servers that are causing packets to be dropped or lost causing an issue with the bot.
Why do you need VPS? Does your country/city/town/whatever block access to the exchanges?

sorry but this is completely wrong.. the bot is connecting to the exchange api's from the VPS, so it has nothing to do with his home connection anymore. if anything, there will be less hops between the vps to exchange server api's

Wow, you really believe that a vps reduces the # of hops? This is only possible if the vps is being hosted in the same datacenter as the exchanges, which is not possible as they all 3 are likely hosted in seperate datacenters. Also, are you saying that he is hosting the bot at the datacenter that is running the vps? This is the only way the bot could be connecting to the api from the VPS. I hope you are simply mistaken in your understanding of this situation or that english isn't your first language, because from this it would appear you have no clue how the internet works.

Yikes... you must be trolling.

Do you really not know what a VPS is? Yes he would be hosting the bot at the datacenter that is running the VPS... that's the whole point of using one. Maybe you're thinking of a VPN... at least know what you're talking about before insulting people and embarrassing yourself  Roll Eyes

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:03:19 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 10:15:11 PM by rdyoung

Yikes... you must be trolling.

Do you really not know what a VPS is? Yes he would be hosting the bot at the datacenter that is running the VPS... that's the whole point of using one. Maybe you're thinking of a VPN... at least know what you're talking about before insulting people and embarrassing yourself  Roll Eyes

Yes, your right. I bow in humility. My brain read VPN instead of VPS.

On that note, yes, the VPS could be having an issue. I would now ask what OS is that vps running? Is it running a flavor of win server? Or is it running a homebrew customized ISO to save money. Why do I ask this? I ask because I tried running a custom ISO of win 7 with vultr to save a few bucks and something just isnt right, it kept dropping the internet connection and I would have to go in via the console and fix it. This could be the issue.

I would also ask a couple of other questions, such as, Where in the world is the vps hosted? Is the datacenter overloaded? What is the uptime for the metal this vps is on? And a million other questions that you can probably think of as well.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Again, read slowly and ask a friend if you need help with words!  I did not say anything about troubleshooting.  Simply stated how I have run the program.  I also told you I wrote my own program because of it.  I know it is hard to understand, but it really does not matter to me one way or another.  I have simply put it out there for all those who must depend on Markus that this will likely get this fixed.  Especially since writing my own program has given me great insight to what problems the APIs are causing.  Believe it or not, I suspect I know exactly what is happening with the program.  But, since I am not privy to the code or method, it is only an educated guess.

Anyone running on spotty internet trying to trade is asking for trouble anyway.  Since you bring nothing to the table as far as a solution for the software, not really sure why it bothers you so much, so this is last time I reply.  I will give you the last word since I suspect you really need it!

To everyone else, hopefully Markus gets time soon.

What I am interested in is why you keep arguing about this. I was attempting to help someone troubleshoot and instead of helping, you jump in the middle screaming ITS ALL THE BOTS FAULT.

I won't feel bad if you need to reply to this. I do want to know what your malfunction is that you can't try and help someone but instead you act all mightier than thou because SOFTWARE AND STUFF.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:18:14 PM

Funny, the attitude all came from you, I just responded because I do not think your assessment is correct.  If it was and you helped someone, good job, but the fact remains that the Trader has an issue and no amount of tweaking the connection or the system will fix that. 

Pointing out that the problem followed the Software through different systems and connections was to tell you that it cannot be a system or connection problem if it persists on every setup.  Even you have even said it is a problem with the Trader.  That is all.  You coming at people with the attitude that we cannot follow your reasoning was extremely condescending and yes, I replied in kind, shame on me.  If you truly are trying to help, maybe you should use a helpful tone.

As far as the rest, I simply let you know that I have looked into the problem by writing software to see what the API's are doing and they are indeed causing issues.  Their issues have nothing to do with connection problems with the possible exception that Bittrex uses Anti-spamming software that may be causing an occasional bad API response.

Information only for those interested.  Since I have looked into it and actually found issues, I wanted to let people know something more than a vague, "it's a connection problem". 

So, since we both seem to want to help, then I applaud you for your effort.  Maybe we both put info out there to help someone. 

That is truly it for me.  The egos can rest for a while!  Good Luck and happy trading! 
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:15:28 AM

Funny, the attitude all came from you, I just responded because I do not think your assessment is correct.  If it was and you helped someone, good job, but the fact remains that the Trader has an issue and no amount of tweaking the connection or the system will fix that. 

Pointing out that the problem followed the Software through different systems and connections was to tell you that it cannot be a system or connection problem if it persists on every setup.  Even you have even said it is a problem with the Trader.  That is all.  You coming at people with the attitude that we cannot follow your reasoning was extremely condescending and yes, I replied in kind, shame on me.  If you truly are trying to help, maybe you should use a helpful tone.

As far as the rest, I simply let you know that I have looked into the problem by writing software to see what the API's are doing and they are indeed causing issues.  Their issues have nothing to do with connection problems with the possible exception that Bittrex uses Anti-spamming software that may be causing an occasional bad API response.

Information only for those interested.  Since I have looked into it and actually found issues, I wanted to let people know something more than a vague, "it's a connection problem". 

So, since we both seem to want to help, then I applaud you for your effort.  Maybe we both put info out there to help someone. 

That is truly it for me.  The egos can rest for a while!  Good Luck and happy trading! 

This was the source of my "attitude" as well. I use the bot for an arbitrage backed asset, when bittrex made their api change it sent the bot into a tailspin and highlighted some issues in the code.
I spent a day emailing support at all 3 exchanges as well as finding newer dll's for the bot while trying to figure just what the hell went wrong. My problem was that I was trying to say that it is a software AND network related issue and that you could do something to lessen the issues although not completely get rid of them. Part of the issue is the throttling that bittrex does. I am not sure why the bot can't accept the polo balance when they don't limit the api like bittrex recently did.
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:29:06 AM

Developers: CCEX has just updated their site API to be more like Trex. Could you please consider adding support for CCEX in your next release? Thanks!
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:57:00 AM

i consider buying more qtl if program fixed and more exchange added.

thanks

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:26:39 PM

Developers: CCEX has just updated their site API to be more like Trex. Could you please consider adding support for CCEX in your next release? Thanks!

Markus mentioned this in one of his updates awhile back, he already started on c-cex integration and it will likely be in the 3.0 release.
user8x8

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:27:31 AM

Got a problem...

If I leave the app running for a few hours, eventually it stops the trades because it thinks that I don't have enough QTL:

https://i.imgur.com/CnfwntT.png

But I do have them on BitTrex:

https://i.imgur.com/C7MZuxL.png

If I restart the app, it will work again for a few hours. But that's unreliable! Is that a known issue, can this be fixed?

And when I restart the app, it forgets some of my Ping Pong settings, so I have to enter them again :-(

Thanks!

I have the same error every 30 minutes, it is not a network problem is the problem of Programs. If the developer does not fix this in the near future is waiting for the collapse of the coin QTL Undecided

I had the same error and I fixed it...

By moving my QTL from Bittrex to Poloniex!

Hope this helps.

Cheers
HowDoge

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Miner & crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:38:01 PM

Got a problem...

If I leave the app running for a few hours, eventually it stops the trades because it thinks that I don't have enough QTL:

If I restart the app, it will work again for a few hours. But that's unreliable! Is that a known issue, can this be fixed?

And when I restart the app, it forgets some of my Ping Pong settings, so I have to enter them again :-(

Thanks!

I have the same error every 30 minutes, it is not a network problem is the problem of Programs. If the developer does not fix this in the near future is waiting for the collapse of the coin QTL Undecided

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I tried this today and it made no difference to me. I really would like the dev to address this asap !!!
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:08:58 PM

Got a problem...

Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sadly this doesn't work 100% of the time. I have 20k+ in both exchanges and it still happens to me every so often.  As I have posted before, those that are having this issue frequently should look at the quality and consistency of their internet connection, check for updated drivers for your network card, wifi, etc. See if your router is having issues. Hopefully he will release a fix soon that will take care of this once and for all.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:55:25 PM

The API delays were terrible yesterday.  I spent a good amount of time working on a routine and got a lot of timeout responses.  Seems to be much better today, maybe they backed off a little on the throttling for Bittrex.  I still think that the balance check for QTL is where the Trader is having the issue.  If it is combining the API returns to total QTL balance and the Bittrex API is returning the delay or not returning at all it likely throws off the check.

If you are just running auto routines, hold only enough on Poloniex and see if it helps.  Don't hold any on Bittrex for a while.  If Markus checks for a zero balance on Bittrex, it may help the routine.

FYI, not saying it couldn't be all the other things, but I know for a fact the above is happening to my software and working on fixing it right now.

Still, would be nice to hear from Markus..........
lothendriel

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:02:10 PM

I don't know how plausible it'd be to have the bot check a QTL wallet address to see the QTL balance? Maybe that would solve the QTL balance error issue. Maybe have the bot make you input your QTL wallet address in the spot where you enter your exchange API's and then it could do a read-only check on the blockchain to see if you have QTL or not?
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:04:35 PM

I know Markus has talked about it.  I believe he was working on a license system last I heard.  Either way, it would be much better than depending on the exchange APIs.
steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:17:14 PM

I've been using this application on Bittrex and Poloniex without issues, but I just cannot get Cryptsy to work.  I am using the Application keys, which appear to make a connection.  The Markets pulldown is just dashes, and nothing markets appear.  It seems to default to "COOL" currency, and I can select anything else.  What am I missing?

Thanks
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:03:31 PM

Feature request: for arb, add an option that gives a net increase in altcoin rather than a net increase in BTC
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:05:55 PM

Feature request: for arb, add an option that gives a net increase in altcoin rather than a net increase in BTC

Yes, known as the reverse arb. I'll throw my hell yes behind this one as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: