Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:28:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex / Poloniex / Cryptsy All Coin Trading Software, Quatloo Trader.  (Read 236484 times)
MarKusRomanus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:23:33 PM

Would love a mac version, I know you say it's not in development, but i really think it would be a killer move. Most traders use macs because of their security if you get this done, expect the price of qtl to x10.
It won't happen for quite some time.. I'd have to totally rebuild the app in java since im not going to just build one in objective c just for mac.  You may be right, but it just won't happen, I'm way too busy just building the new features.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrMinerVa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:49:41 PM

Ok, I finally got above the 3000 QTL to use the full verison  Grin

I have it working, somewhat. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not, I've watched the videos a couple of times, but it's not working just right.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I place a sell order using the Ping-Pong settings, say for CAP. I set "Satoshis Below Top Ask" at 1, set the Place To Ask say at 12 CAP and check Scalp Mode, and click "Start Ping-Pong", that seems to work, the Sell order is placed 1 Satoshis lower than the highest Selling price, no problem there. But, if someone else places a sell order for 1 Satoshis less than mine, isn't Ping-Pong suppose to cancel my sell order and then place anew one 1 Satoshis below his? If so, it does not seem to be working. The order is not cancelled and a new one is not placed. Now, if I go to the "Open Orders" tab, manually cancel the order I placed, then the program will submit a new order for 1 Satoshis less than the current Selling price.

Also, am I right to assume that you can only have one Ping Pong running at a time no matter what coin/market you are selling at? I had the CAP sell setup, then I went to the 42 market, almost as soon as I did that, I noticed that my sell for CAP was cancelled (I was watching the orders on Cryptsy in another window), then, a sell order for my 42 coins was automatically placed 1 Satoshis below the high selling order for 42 coin?

Am I missing something in all this, did I set something wrong? I believe we need some more details about how the program works (or suppose to work) and it's limitations.

Thanks in advance..
Tom
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:23:40 PM

Run multiple instances of the trader for multiple coin markets.  The Ping-Pong checks when the counter gets to zero.  You set how long or short you want it to wait to check.  A fixed amount of time or random if you check random.
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:08:34 PM

This is what you have stated:

You have placed a sell order 1 sat below top ask.
Someone places a sell order 1 sat below yours.

So...

Top Bid
Your Bid(-1 sat)
Someone else's bid(-1 sat below yours)

This is what you have written out.  I don't see the problem you are still 1 sat below top ask.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I place a sell order using the Ping-Pong settings, say for CAP. I set "Satoshis Below Top Ask" at 1, set the Place To Ask say at 12 CAP and check Scalp Mode, and click "Start Ping-Pong", that seems to work, the Sell order is placed 1 Satoshis lower than the highest Selling price, no problem there. But, if someone else places a sell order for 1 Satoshis less than mine, isn't Ping-Pong suppose to cancel my sell order and then place anew one 1 Satoshis below his? If so, it does not seem to be working. The order is not cancelled and a new one is not placed. Now, if I go to the "Open Orders" tab, manually cancel the order I placed, then the program will submit a new order for 1 Satoshis less than the current Selling price.

Tom
MrMinerVa

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:41:11 PM

So...

Top Bid
Your Bid(-1 sat)

This is what you have written out.  I don't see the problem you are still 1 sat below top ask.

Tom

Maybe I'm not explaining it right,

I place a sell for 100 CAP at 0.00005000
Someone else places a sell after me for 50 CAP at 0.00004999

Shouldn't the program see the other persons sell order, cancel my 100 CAP at 0.00005000 and make a new sell order for 100 CAP at 0.00004998?
If that is what is suppose to happen, it's not. My sell for 100 CAP stays at 0.00005000, their could be 10 more lower sell orders, all dropping by 1, mine just sits there unless I stop the ping-pong, manually cancel the sell order, then when I restart the ping-pong it will place my order 1 below the lowest sell order, and just sit there, never changing.

Thanks
Tom
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:12:30 AM

You are letting the timer run out, right?  Because it will look and replace order.
MrMinerVa

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:35:17 AM

You are letting the timer run out, right?  Because it will look and replace order.

Yes, I've let the timer run out several time over and it never changes.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:44:30 AM

Not sure on that one, it is working for me.  How are you looking at the orders?  Updating the order book?  It takes a few seconds sometimes.
compumine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:08:38 AM

So...

Top Bid
Your Bid(-1 sat)

Tom

Maybe I'm not explaining it right,

I place a sell for 100 CAP at 0.00005000
Someone else places a sell after me for 50 CAP at 0.00004999

Shouldn't the program see the other persons sell order, cancel my 100 CAP at 0.00005000 and make a new sell order for 100 CAP at 0.00004998?
If that is what is suppose to happen, it's not. My sell for 100 CAP stays at 0.00005000, their could be 10 more lower sell orders, all dropping by 1, mine just sits there unless I stop the ping-pong, manually cancel the sell order, then when I restart the ping-pong it will place my order 1 below the lowest sell order, and just sit there, never changing.

Thanks
Tom

I noticed that too.  Had to stop it manually and cancel orders. Sometimes I couldn't catch the order in time to cancel, so it ended up as partial filled.  Sometime I lost money because someone would put an order just above me with a high price, then the order gets bought out. So small that it offsets my order.  I end up with buying at a high price. Higher than what's being offered.

*Image Removed*
travis72682

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:31:46 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 06:55:05 AM by travis72682

I noticed that too.  Had to stop it manually and cancel orders. Sometimes I couldn't catch the order in time to cancel, so it ended up as partial filled.  Sometime I lost money because someone would put an order just above me with a high price, then the order gets bought out. So small that it offsets my order.  I end up with buying at a high price. Higher than what's being offered.
* travis72682 wonders who would do such a thing *evil grin*

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
Reese212

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:09:26 AM

@ MrMinerVa

make sure that on the first tab (=settings) when the trader is open the "refresh orderbook every x seconds" is checked and also make sure that this value is lower than your ping-pong-time value. new orders as well as deleting your old orders happens in cycles (not instant when another guy places an order into the orderbook), and the cycle is the amount of time between "max interval" and "min interval".

Dear Lord, please grant me the ability...
Garryashas

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:03:24 AM

Would love a mac version, I know you say it's not in development, but i really think it would be a killer move. Most traders use macs because of their security if you get this done, expect the price of qtl to x10.

+1
 I always keep mac and use it for trading during a day. I also think it would be good to develop mac version  Wink
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:24:45 AM

The refreshing got me at first a couple of times.  I have tested it now and again since the beginning and it has always seemed to work right.  Just make sure you are allowing for the refresh.  It gets you on order cancels sometimes too, where the order still appears after refresh until it actually cancels out and can refresh without it.  Not saying there might not be a bug, Markus will check it out if there is I am sure.  That is why he ask for feedback.
cyaadz

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:28:42 PM

It won't happen for quite some time.. I'd have to totally rebuild the app in java since im not going to just build one in objective c just for mac.  You may be right, but it just won't happen, I'm way too busy just building the new features.

I happen to think a lot more traders use mac than windows bud. You are catering to the smaller market right now.

Anyway I love the app and look forward to future development Smiley awesome job.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:43:51 PM

Well, make QTL wildly successful and Markus will have time to work on Mac version!
Yza_azY

Activity: 490

★★★ http://www.btc4buy.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:04:25 PM

ok, but... Work or not  Grin

GL dude!

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

ETHLend1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]
compumine

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:40:03 PM

I noticed that too.  Had to stop it manually and cancel orders. Sometimes I couldn't catch the order in time to cancel, so it ended up as partial filled.  Sometime I lost money because someone would put an order just above me with a high price, then the order gets bought out. So small that it offsets my order.  I end up with buying at a high price. Higher than what's being offered.
* travis72682 wonders who would do such a thing *evil grin*
It is normal to experiment with the software that I just got.  I didn't like the ping-pong trading.  It's NOT for real traders.  You either want to buy or sell.  It was useful when I set it up one way only.  Because it would buy as the price changed or sold whichever I wanted.  But I couldn't really understand why would someone set it to buy and sell.

*Image Removed*
cyaadz

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:22:47 PM

Ping pong is the best part of it. There is always a difference between the buy price and the sell price. You basically put a buy order up, someone sells into it.  Then it will put a sell up, then someone buys into it. It's free money lol I have no idea why you wouldn't think this is like totally amazing Smiley
GaryBirch

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:29:01 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 06:41:52 PM by GaryBirch

Ping pong is trying to earn the spread... make sure you set the minimum price difference to a number of Sats that will cover the fees and earn you enough to make it worthwhile. this is a common practice in the stock markets, although with perhaps a bit more sophistication.

Actually A lot more sophistication!
Reese212

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:55:07 PM

Ping pong is the best part of it. There is always a difference between the buy price and the sell price. You basically put a buy order up, someone sells into it.  Then it will put a sell up, then someone buys into it. It's free money lol I have no idea why you wouldn't think this is like totally amazing Smiley

well you must be a lucky guy if ping pong is free money for you.
the way you described - yes i agree. but there's another scenario that can happen: you put a buy order --> someone sells to it --> next cycle the trader puts another buy-order up but unfortunatelly in this cycle your sell-order didn't get filled --> someone sells to it --> next cycle the trader puts another buy-order up but unfortunatelly in this cycle your sell-order didn't get filled --> someone sells to it......and so on.

"free money" is something different :-)

Dear Lord, please grant me the ability...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: