Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
Kartojal

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:31:51 PM

I have about 10 external hard drives with roughly 500-1000GB each and 5 internal hard drives with roughly 100GB each. Would it be worth "mining" in my situation? How many coins should I expect to get with 5-10TB?

Im a newbie here but there is a "BURST calculator" : https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/calculator

Just put your total of GB or TB and it do all the hard maths!   Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:45:27 PM

If you have multiple disks on the same PC, what's the best way to mine? By multiple I mean a dozen or more. Are there any more user friendly miners for such mining? It seems like most miners you have to run multiple instances in order to mine on more then one drive.
Burst.today is a good one to try.. always gives me problems and I've heard complaints though... hopefully that one gets fixed up soon because it would be awesome to have an easy plotter.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:43:12 AM

I have about 10 external hard drives with roughly 500-1000GB each and 5 internal hard drives with roughly 100GB each. Would it be worth "mining" in my situation? How many coins should I expect to get with 5-10TB?

Im a newbie here but there is a "BURST calculator" : https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/calculator

Interesting, so 7.5 TB makes 0.136 BTC worth per month. Smiley

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 12:45:01 AM

If you have multiple disks on the same PC, what's the best way to mine? By multiple I mean a dozen or more. Are there any more user friendly miners for such mining? It seems like most miners you have to run multiple instances in order to mine on more then one drive.
Burst.today is a good one to try.. always gives me problems and I've heard complaints though... hopefully that one gets fixed up soon because it would be awesome to have an easy plotter.

We will pretty soon publish a new Win guide written by crowetic. Should be before new years at the very laters.

**EDIT: If someone is able to update the Linux guide, you are very, very welcome. We will get you tips and feedback on what you write. I'll through in 10,000 BURST for it, if an external reviewer finds it good enough

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 12:47:08 AM

Just put your total of GB or TB and it do all the hard maths!   Smiley

It's an estimate. Diff can change drastically, but, yeah, with a couple of HHDs you can make real money. An almost for free and it wont effect your compute much when running (win 7 does have a memory problem though). Additionally, HDDs need very little watts compared to regular mining so it should effect your power bill much at all.

mczarnek

Activity: 527

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:01:51 AM

Assuming we stay at current prices.. Which personally seems unlikely to me.. Also makes it sound like you're Ming to cash it to BTC.. stay with Burst.. Proof of Capacity is a really nice algo...

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
smic

Activity: 827

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:27:41 AM

Just put your total of GB or TB and it do all the hard maths!   Smiley

It's an estimate. Diff can change drastically, but, yeah, with a couple of HHDs you can make real money. An almost for free and it wont effect your compute much when running (win 7 does have a memory problem though). Additionally, HDDs need very little watts compared to regular mining so it should effect your power bill much at all.

yeah, ... in fact ... in my pool gains are much higher compared to the calculator. looks payments ...
Kartojal

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:34:30 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 09:51:38 AM by Kartojal

We will pretty soon publish a new Win guide written by crowetic. Should be before new years at the very laters.

**EDIT: If someone is able to update the Linux guide, you are very, very welcome. We will get you tips and feedback on what you write. I'll through in 10,000 BURST for it, if an external reviewer finds it good enough

Ill do it if i have time, first im triying in Ventanas(WIndows), when my 8TB arrive, i will do it in linux while writting a documentation.

PD: There is something strange.... yesterday i use the faucet to activate my account, and now my account its 0 and desactivated. lol
PD2: I have bad englando skills, sorry.

EDITED:
I have a problem with the wallet.... Every time i log-out, it doest save my transactions or my numerical id... its like resetting every time.... What i can do? Is it a bug?

smic

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:03:11 AM

Ill do it if i have time, first im triying in Ventanas(WIndows), when my 8TB arrive, i will do it in linux while writting a documentation.

PD: There is something strange.... yesterday i use the faucet to activate my account, and now my account its 0 and desactivated. lol

EDITED:
I have a problem with the wallet.... Every time i log-out, it doest save my transactions or my numerical id... its like resetting every time.... What i can do? Is it a bug?

if you want i send you 2 burst for reactivate. put here your id
Run your burst client (wallet)
If you use wallet for first time DON'T FORGET to put coins in! eg: register your personal name wallet, otherwise you are unable to use it.
Kartojal

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:44:17 AM

...ETC....

EDITED:

If you use wallet for first time DON'T FORGET to put coins in! eg: register your personal name wallet, otherwise you are unable to use it.
I put coins from the faucet but i dont know why it dissapeared all (my alias and all transactions, the wallet ID too haha)

Im redownloading the entire blockchain now, when it finish i will need someone to activate my account! Cant use faucet for 7 days because that unusual reset  Shocked

PD: I will update later!

smic

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:07:34 AM

...ETC....

EDITED:

I put coins from the faucet but i dont know why it dissapeared all (my alias and all transactions, the wallet ID too haha)

Im redownloading the entire blockchain now, when it finish i will need someone to activate my account! Cant use faucet for 7 days because that unusual reset  Shocked

PD: I will update later!
if you need burst send me PM
 Wink
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:21:25 PM

I've been looking at the google doc guide, but it doesn't outline multi-HD mining very well and even after reading it, I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do for it.

Like plotting they don't mention overlap nuances, but how do you do that for multiple HDs?
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 04:43:59 PM

I've been looking at the google doc guide, but it doesn't outline multi-HD mining very well and even after reading it, I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do for it.

Like plotting they don't mention overlap nuances, but how do you do that for multiple HDs?

It's the same exact process, just with multiple drives. you can just make sure you don't overlap on ANY drives that are in the same account, and you're good to go. The guide explains exactly how to do things, just literally follow it exactly, and you'll get it.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:30:47 PM

burstforum.com down for anyone else?

EDIT: nvm, i need a new router
Kartojal

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:04:44 PM

Can someone send me a few BURST to activate my new wallet and then buy an alias?

This is my address!

BURST-WYC4-HHV3-UHA2-CVF6S

Thanks to all!

Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:11:32 PM

Can someone send me a few BURST to activate my new wallet and then buy an alias?

This is my address!

BURST-WYC4-HHV3-UHA2-CVF6S

Thanks to all!

faucet.burstcoin.info
Faust Roland

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:33:02 PM

Hi, question.

I am mining with 21 TB on burst.ga pool. But I got:
cca 5000 Burst 23.12.
cca 3300 Burst 24.12.
cca 2000 Burst today (today is not over, but still)

Its because difficulty vary, or is there something odd?
I also switched my disks into single processor PC (2800MHz) with "only" 4GB RAM. Also switched from javaminer to uray miner.

Is there possibility to check how fast are plots read? (I used "Debug" : true  option, but nothing hapens) - With a stopwatch it seems it all takes 3.5 minutes.

Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:59:38 PM

Wow, I've had some luck today.

I'm only mining with 15TB, but i've forged 3 blocks in the last 24 hours.

Forged blocks 48714 and 48716!!! Cheesy I like solo mining  Cool
ilovelittleboys

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:50:18 PM

Forgive me for asking but what is the purpose of using hard drive capacity to mine anyway? Is the free space put to some use? Like for storing files and such? Or is it just a proof-of-concept for an alternative to the traditional proof-of-work schemes?
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:21:19 AM

Forgive me for asking but what is the purpose of using hard drive capacity to mine anyway? Is the free space put to some use? Like for storing files and such? Or is it just a proof-of-concept for an alternative to the traditional proof-of-work schemes?
It's an alternative to POW schemes that should discourage the increasing centralization that's been occurring with them. By having mining speed bound by standard hardware users already have and drawing negligible electricity to mine with it, normal users mining with their existing hardware while they are using it can mine effectively for free, and as farms have far more overhead to operate and are unable to gain efficiency advantages with specialized hardware, farms shouldn't be able to achieve as high hashrate/operatingcost as normal users, which should help keep the network decentralized.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
Pages: « 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: