Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
vaxman

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:01:16 PM

any word from bitladen ? His farm is offline for some 34 hours.
Either he retired his farm voluntarily or controlling inside his company did it's job.

+: This considerably boosts mining income for all.

Quite sure we will hear something from him soon ...

Whatever, without his massive farm, burst distribution looks quite different.

well, he is back since 90 minutes or so - probably with 8PB   Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:09:56 PM

just wanted to see if anybody missed me

vaxman

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:23:32 PM

you are welcome here and I consider your input valuable.

If you could just reduce your footprint a little..  or spend less
on operating your 4.4PB infrastructure and direct these funds
into software development.

oh, just dreaming, ignore me.
daWallet

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 11:42:03 PM

you are welcome here and I consider your input valuable.

If you could just reduce your footprint a little..  or spend less
on operating your 4.4PB infrastructure and direct these funds
into software development.

oh, just dreaming, ignore me.

Bitladen is going to be Burst's pizza legend, but more twisted.
He kills the goose that could lay him golden eggs - knowingly.
He could make a fortune developing the coin, but he doesn't see the big picture.

Keep mining buddy. 30$ and decreasing seems to be enough for you.

"Burst… You fear to go into those mines."
"Bitladen delved too greedily and too deep."

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
bitladen

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:10:18 AM

oh yeah, I would be developing if someone would pump the price, but I don't see it happening. For $30 a day hmm, not much interest here.

I might make that fork I keep talking about at some point though.

haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:13:58 AM

No Bin laden, you were not missed. In fact, like your terrorist name sake, your absence was celebrated widely. Your absence allowed the Burst community to actually earn some coins; your absence allowed undecided miners that there was a chance for them to mine and earn on this coin; your absence allowed developers and investors to consider doing things to re-value this coin without the guilt they were doing that without enriching a bot master. Your return, as daWallet said - is you murdering the golden goose that is this coin. Your presence and mining power discourages miners - i can't compete against binladen - and developers/investors - why should we enrich binlabden ?

If you want to do something good for this coin, either shutdown your botnet; or go create your own derivative.

You, your botnet, and your dumping your botnet mined coins at the lowest going price is what is crippling this coin. If you really want this coin to succeed, shutdown your bot net and take them to your own derivative coin, or stop dumping. But preferably and personally, fuck off and stop tainting this coin.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:25:24 AM

No Bin laden, you were not missed. In fact, like your terrorist name sake, your absence was celebrated widely. Your absence allowed the Burst community to actually earn some coins; your absence allowed undecided miners that there was a chance for them to mine and earn on this coin; your absence allowed developers and investors to consider doing things to re-value this coin without the guilt they were doing that without enriching a bot master. Your return, as daWallet said - is you murdering the golden goose that is this coin. Your presence and mining power discourages miners - i can't compete against binladen - and developers/investors - why should we enrich binlabden ?

If you want to do something good for this coin, either shutdown your botnet; or go create your own derivative.

You, your botnet, and your dumping your botnet mined coins at the lowest going price is what is crippling this coin. If you really want this coin to succeed, shutdown your bot net and take them to your own derivative coin, or stop dumping. But preferably and personally, fuck off and stop tainting this coin.

H.

I like him Cheesy I have cheap coins for long term investment. His botnet will shutdown during decreasing blok reward. Be patient Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vaxman

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:45:43 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 05:31:33 PM by vaxman

oh yeah, I would be developing if someone would pump the price, but I don't see it happening. For $30 a day hmm, not much interest here.

YES - please fork and let the miners decide which coin to mine.

You are obviously just reaping some idle infrastructure (or the proposed botnet, whatever).
So it is no surprise that you weigh 30$/day mining output against the cost of a full-time developer.

But your math is surprising. Because you (or someone) spend(s) at least 200 $/day;

If build new with _today's_ tech, cost-effective 4.4 PB storage alone will cost no less than 130k$.
Stretched to 2y this is ~178$/day.
It sucks at least 5 kW w/o A/C -> ~120 kWh/day, with a minimum of 0.08 $/kWh -> 10$/day power.
One cannot operate a 130kUSD infrastructure for 30$/day.

You're not the owner, as no sane owner has that rack idle and rents it for the naked energy costs
for the 11 months you're mining here.

Months ago you asked me wether I pay market rates for my 400TB setup; Yes I did. It was off-lease
stuff, hence I had higher energy costs. And exactly that led me to switch most of it off a few weeks ago.
I cannot afford this hobby any longer, unless I move stuff to some remote location in china where
the kWh is 0.03$. In most of Europe it's >>0.20$/kWh.

@devs
Is it possible to see where in the internets bitladens deadlines were injected ?
I traced all wallet connections a few months ago (quite interesting, companies like volumedrive.com),
but was unable to trace the origin of individual miners.

This (his) might be a very interesting or very badly organised employer/company.

@all
oh, and he is gone again since 13 hours ago.. his last stint lasted just under 8hrs.
perhaps stress-testing the diff algo by halving/doubling the network size in shrinking cycles..
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:26:52 PM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84358718/

This is a better use of time than mining this crapcoin.
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:26:11 AM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84358718/

This is a better use of time than mining this crapcoin.

What makes you think BURST is a crapcoin?
vaxman

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:19:39 AM

DON'T feed this troll.
bitladen

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:44:25 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 10:56:53 PM by bitladen

YES - please fork and let the miners decide which coin to mine.

You are obviously just reaping some idle infrastructure (or the proposed botnet, whatever).
So it is no surprise that you weigh 30$/day mining output against the cost of a full-time developer.

But your math is surprising. Because you (or someone) spend(s) at least 200 $/day;

If build new with _today's_ tech, cost-effective 4.4 PB storage alone will cost no less than 130k$.
Stretched to 2y this is ~178$/day.
It sucks at least 5 kW w/o A/C -> ~120 kWh/day, with a minimum of 0.08 $/kWh -> 10$/day power.
One cannot operate a 130kUSD infrastructure for 30$/day.

You're not the owner, as no sane owner has that rack idle and rents it for the naked energy costs
for the 11 months you're mining here.

Months ago you asked me wether I pay market rates for my 400TB setup; Yes I did. It was off-lease
stuff, hence I had higher energy costs. And exactly that led me to switch most of it off a few weeks ago.
I cannot afford this hobby any longer, unless I move stuff to some remote location in china where
the kWh is 0.03$. In most of Europe it's >>0.20$/kWh.

@devs
Is it possible to see where in the internets bitladens deadlines were injected ?
I traced all wallet connections a few months ago (quite interesting, companies like volumedrive.com),
but was unable to trace the origin of individual miners.

This (his) might be a very interesting or very badly organised employer/company.

@all
oh, and he is gone again since 13 hours ago.. his last stint lasted just under 8hrs.
perhaps stress-testing the diff algo by halving/doubling the network size in shrinking cycles..

Good point, but I only have 50% of the PBs in this network.
So, all the same I have to ask, how can the rest of the miners afford to keep mining at this price?

Yes, so 11 months ago you could turn a profit by mining this coin, now, not really. But I'm on it, I will come to the rescue with the fork. And I'll tell you this right now, it will be dual mined. As in, same plots for burst and *burst_fork*

@devs? what devs? you must mean me.
Yes it is possible to determine the IP I'm using to broadcast, however I can assure you this will not change anything.

Lenore

Activity: 168

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:36:08 AM

DON'T feed this troll.

Trolls always seem to be hungry.  Some I like to feed cause some of them are funny to hear rant.

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:41:54 AM

Wasnt this thread closed, and we move on to the new thread?
Lenore

Activity: 168

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 04:48:39 AM

Yes however seems few still use it and others use both.

I always check the other first but if someone replies here then I am forced to reply.  Cant help it.

bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:28:36 PM

no this thread is still the only true burstthread.

crowentic made his own burst promote thread to have the coin in the hand and make as much money as possible.

so this is the right burst thread... the other is a private thead of a community member.
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:40:16 PM

crowentic made his own burst promote thread to have the coin in the hand and make as much money as possible.

so this is the right burst thread... the other is a private thead of a community member.

This thread has an OP that we cannot change, so we made a new one, where we *can* change the OP, so the new OP is supposed to be more up to date with relevant links and info. This thread is the original burst thread, the new thread is the current burst thread.

Furthermore the new thread is moderated, or can be moderated so this thread remains in case someone feels overmoderated in the new thread - they always have the ability to post here, without the risk of moderation or cencorship.

Most of the action is in the new thread, but i would guess that most people monitor both threads.

We don't all have to agree what thread to use, i think new users will find the new thread and especially the new OP useful.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 07:32:10 AM

This thread has an OP that we cannot change, so we made a new one, where we *can* change the OP, so the new OP is supposed to be more up to date with relevant links and info. This thread is the original burst thread, the new thread is the current burst thread.

Furthermore the new thread is moderated, or can be moderated so this thread remains in case someone feels overmoderated in the new thread - they always have the ability to post here, without the risk of moderation or cencorship.

Most of the action is in the new thread, but i would guess that most people monitor both threads.

We don't all have to agree what thread to use, i think new users will find the new thread and especially the new OP useful.

@boba

It's very funny how I'm the one wanting all this money, when I'm the one offering services for free and running BURST related stuff that I've paid for out of pocket since inception.

I also fail to see how people coming to a thread that is antequated and contains dead links within the OP, is going to help them figure out that the coin is anything but dead.

Do you actually do any sort of real looking into anything before firing off accusations based on personal feelings? (Feelings which arrived because I pointed out your scam?)

Oh, and one more thing...

If I was such a horrid member of the community, why is it that every "asset" you released, was a horrid attempt at a copy of mine? Then why is it that mine are paying more, and running longer, and more trusted? Just a few things I wanted to note. But go ahead and continue your attempts at slandering me, you should know by now it isn't going to do much. A reputation is built on one's own actions, not on the words of others. As you likely know based upon your own.

Initially, I did have some respect for you, even if you did copy all of my ideas (imitation is sincerest form of flattery, afterall, yes?) but slowly you began to show your true colors, and now you're just making yourself look bad.

Can we move on? Thanks.

@pinball

As usual, thanks for pointing out the truth here, appreciated.

@all

Just to note, I've not moderated really anything in the new thread, and that shouldn't be a worry there at all. The only things that will be taken down are things that are obviously not supposed to be there, and/or blatant defamation or insults. The thread is about BURST, not about how whomever feels about whomever else.

THE CURRENT BURST THREAD is located here, for those wishing to find more up to date information on the coin...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0;topicseen

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:30:14 AM

I read both threads but prefer to stay here. We have nice peace of burst history here it cannot be abandoned.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:47:17 AM

@boba

It's very funny how I'm the one wanting all this money, when I'm the one offering services for free and running BURST related stuff that I've paid for out of pocket since inception.

I also fail to see how people coming to a thread that is antequated and contains dead links within the OP, is going to help them figure out that the coin is anything but dead.

Do you actually do any sort of real looking into anything before firing off accusations based on personal feelings? (Feelings which arrived because I pointed out your scam?)

Oh, and one more thing...

If I was such a horrid member of the community, why is it that every "asset" you released, was a horrid attempt at a copy of mine? Then why is it that mine are paying more, and running longer, and more trusted? Just a few things I wanted to note. But go ahead and continue your attempts at slandering me, you should know by now it isn't going to do much. A reputation is built on one's own actions, not on the words of others. As you likely know based upon your own.

Initially, I did have some respect for you, even if you did copy all of my ideas (imitation is sincerest form of flattery, afterall, yes?) but slowly you began to show your true colors, and now you're just making yourself look bad.

Can we move on? Thanks.

@pinball

As usual, thanks for pointing out the truth here, appreciated.

@all

Just to note, I've not moderated really anything in the new thread, and that shouldn't be a worry there at all. The only things that will be taken down are things that are obviously not supposed to be there, and/or blatant defamation or insults. The thread is about BURST, not about how whomever feels about whomever else.

THE CURRENT BURST THREAD is located here, for those wishing to find more up to date information on the coin...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0;topicseen

you are the owner of the thread. so you are the ruler. you are nothing just everybody else here. just a community member.

What makes you think that you can determine here how to proceed with the coin?

so switch to your personal service promotion thread and leave the community here alone crow.
Pages: « 1 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: