Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
Elmit

Activity: 785
Merit: 500

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 01:35:01 AM

lol dude, get real man. I thought we were past the petty nonsense. What I pointed out that you did was fact, what you're doing is frankly stupid and petty. Also, promoting my own business? Really... That's interesting, because I thought what people complain about in the community a whole lot, is the LACK OF SERVICES THAT USE BURST... so... my implementation of not only a service that will TAKE IT AS PAYMENT, but also HAS THE WALLET INTEGRATED INTO IT, and many more things to come, (especially now that I've got a new partner that has 15 years C++ development experience...) is shameless self-promotion huh? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Can you just calm down and realize what is really going on please? I really don't have the time nor effort to get back into it with you... I did nothing aside from what the community approves, and have never done anything but support BURST and its livelihood, unlike you, who I'm still not so sure has refunded everyone on your (for lack of a better word...) "asset".

Name a single time that I've ever done anything that anyone would consider shameless self-promotion or anything that would be bad for BURST... aside from you I don't think anyone would think that.

Even when my pool cost me out of pocket to run (which it still does if you take all things into account, but barely finally...) I ran it. Even when BURST was getting slandered by everyone saying it was dead, I kept assets and pools running and did my best to get the word out that it was not dead... When you charged for guides, and released an asset that didn't do anything like what it said it would, you're the one accusing me of doing things for sole money making purposes... very interesting.

But anyway man, the truth speaks for itself here, and I highly doubt that anyone has issue with me that has any merit. I am nothing but what I say I am, and do nothing but what I say I will. (Yea, sometimes I get busy and certain things have deadlines that are moved back, but never an unreasonable amount of time.) So honestly, I would really much prefer someone such as myself, as to you for instance, as someone to take a temporary leadership-esque role in the coin by simply posting the new (temporary) OP so that we (the community) can have a place where newbies can get things beside dead links and thousands of pages of mumbo jumbo. (But who cares about that, right? Let us talk here because you have unfounded reasons for not liking me, yes? Makes sense...)

If you really feel like trying to slander me is best for... (anything? I really don't know what the point you had here was, but you're not getting far with it) Then by all means, stay here in your dead-link haven, and slander away, but don't be too surprised when people don't back what you say, and possibly even stand up for me. This is what happens when you build a good name for yourself, and are one of the few truly honest members of a crypto community.

I'm sorry that my services seem to annoy you, or what... is it just the fact that I have an LLC? I don't really understand what it is that bothers you so much aside from the fact that I point out your nonsense. (Which, I guess would probably be pretty annoying, but is also a good reason to avoid nonsense altogether whenever possible...)

Anyway man, don't expect this little bickering match you're trying to start to go anywhere, from this point on Ill just refer people back to this post if they have questions on my responses to your ridiculous attempts at slander.

I'm going to continue to do what I do, and provide opportunity for more people to take notice of BURST and its tech, and get the community's opinion on things before communicating my opinion and forming a logical action from both. Sorry if these kinds of things get to you, but that won't change my way of doing things.

With all respect, but there is also some truth in it.
ANY other than crowtec and associates asset/service will be discredited from your "staff"
And that is what people don't like, that only Crowtec == BURST and only Crowtec is the "real" BURST, ...

We all are BURST members/users/miners/traders/... enthusiasts.

I see the new thread now just a way to emphasize this even more, by (possible) delete "competitors" services and assets from display.
Did I mention already, that my faucet is not there? Did not your staff already jump on me, pointing out that it is missing.

The new thread is said to make things easier to find, ... but the links are all outdated. Pools are mentioned they are not active anymore for a long time.

Frankly it looks to me, just as another way to focus on yourself ONLY.

I'm not the one who tries to make things all about myself. I'm the one who has offered BURST assets and BURST related services since the very beginning, and I'm also the one who paid for a lot of the stuff out of pocket, and never asked for anything. I'm the one who asks the community their opinion on almost everything I do, including my new cloud idea...

This idea that I'm making a service that can be paid for in BURST, and utilizes BURST, then plan on making one that actually uses the blockchain (services that you yourself have said will increase the value, am I wrong?) for myself only, is pretty silly don't you think? the screaming rabble says "we demand services that accept burst and use the chain!" *crowetic presents a running service with tons of possible options* screaming rabble says "crowetic is trying to make money with his business! fuck him!" really? Come on now. Give me a break guys, get some services and by all means advertise them on the new thread, I've never nor will I ever delete a competitors post, but as I see it, I have ZERO competitors. I would LOVE to see that change. Because that means more people are making BURST services!

No, Elmit, I don't mean release some scam riddled excuse for a service, and say "see, crowetic won't let me advertise my armenian scam compound for BURST, he's a nazi!" because I don't think that is going to work. But yes, even if YOU, with your past here and trust rating, were to release a service that people actually trusted enough to use and not worry, I would absolutely support the idea. The problem is, people like you and boba, trying to say my services are xxxx and yyyy, when in reality you're speaking on behalf of your own 'services' that you just can't understand why people wouldn't support...

My reputation is good because I earned it. I was a nobody who didn't know anything about anything crypto related when I got into crypto, but instead of attempting to scam people, and releasing services that didn't hold up to their ideas, and didn't do what they said they would, I did the opposite, even if until very very recently, it cost me completely out of pocket to run my services, and I was mining with half my farm on the behalf of my asset because ... I know it sounds crazy but... I DID BECAUSE I SAID I WOULD.  That, my dear sir, is the way to build yourself a reputation.

I realized that a few of my services wouldn't work, but instead of disappearing and paying less than I should have closer to the end, I gave notice, refunded every holder, and closed the service down. I also switched a service the same way, with notice, and fairly. It is hardly my fault if you guys don't understand that doing scam-ish stuff makes you seem scam-ish.

All you have to do to get a good reputation, is do what lends itself to such. Very funny you think that I'm somehow self proclaimed king or something, because I've never said anything close to that. Just because I've had the ambition to get out in front, I'm not anonymous, I back things with my NAME, and I provide good services and help people when they need it, hardly makes me anything other than someone you should be happy is on your coin's team, right? I have also never claimed to be anything I'm not, nor to develop anything I didn't. I am humble when it comes to my skill, but I know what I'm strong at. I'm good with communications, and I'm honest. That's a good set of skill for a leader. That, and I can always see both sides to an argument, so I'm good mediator, and good with helping people come to a conclusion that's mutually beneficial. That combined with the fact that I like being in a more up front managerial type role, ends up working out well for me in positions like that.

By no means does this mean that you couldn't have done the same thing. Don't get all pissy because you chose to do things that labelled you another way, because I chose the more difficult and honorable path. People listen to me because I listen to them. They respect me because I don't steal from them, and my services do what I say they will. When issues arise, I handle them gracefully, and that's just all there is to it there boss.

Yes, we should not make it alone, we should be a team.
I do not know why you mention a negative trust rating. To sell a graphic card as a company does not sounds for me as extremely trustworthy.
The block chain can proof that I am trustworthy, and nothing else matters.

I brought up many things payable with BURSTs, my shop (now empty) offered Wordpress plugins. Was immediately declared as a crap.
My Faucet idea to combine receiving free BURSTs by promoting BURSTs ... same
My horoscope subscription, ... same

There are only two people in your team, who always jump on ANYTHING I am doing.
I have still two other things to finish up. Unfortunately the power of 18 Satoshi for 1 BURST is the biggest obstacle to finish it.

When karl posted tweets, nobody, but me retweeted.

I asked several times about AT, nobody bother to answer. I learned assembler, that would not be the problem, but how actually do it, is nowhere described.
BTC is still looking for AT, why can we not make it more user friendly and get it out?

An offer to you: Lets forget the past, lets start to push BURST better!

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:53:49 AM

Crow...
You are not BURST DEV, you will never be, and for that you cannot takeover the community and the coin.... thats it....

A new competent dev is still needed and nothing else now.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 06:34:43 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 06:45:16 AM by crowetic

While I somewhat value your half-opinion boba, you have no idea who or what I am, and I never said I took over anything. Maybe if you learned to read, there would be no issue in understanding what is above. I will refer you to it.

Elmit,

Sure man, we should forget the past, let us all move toward the future together, and push for what we're all looking for, A BIGGER AND BETTER BURST! I also, don't even know about the services you just mentioned, so I could have hardly been the one who called them anything, let alone crap. I would not call something crap without knowing for sure and being able to prove it so, so I can confidently say, seeing as I know nothing of this service, that I didn't call it anything at all.

I am happy to let by gone's be by gone's and move along the path toward the direction we should all want to head. That's a much more professional attitude than what boba seems to want to continue with.

Regardless of what boba thinks, I will be a developer, and am already well on my way. I've got a whole lot of admin and other IT professional experience and plenty of experience in reading code, and implementing various scripts and such for whatever purpose, the next logical step for me, would be toward active development. Not to mention, I can learn whatever I put my mind to, and that means that becoming a BURST developer, or any kind of developer for that matter, is only as far away as it takes me to put a grasp upon the logic and technology, and apply my learned skills to my goal.

Apparently though, some people are incapable of this, and so they feel the need to put their dismay out in the form of insults toward others. I, however, am done getting into pitiful internet nonsense arguments, and prefer to spend my time advancing the future of an amazing technology, or my business.

So, this is what I will do, and the ones left back in the 1500 page thread that has now become the past of BURST, can be likely left there, and become part of the nonsense we leave in our wake, when heading in the direction the people who are smart and patient and can see beyond their own noses, know things can go.

Sorry if you are unable to do that, boba.

So yea, Elmit, lets do it man, get on board with the future of this awesome tech we love!

boba, have fun in the desolate past.

edit- I never claimed to be 'burstdev', nor would I ever claim to be anyone other than myself. I don't want to be anyone other than myself.

and one more thing... there IS someone who has taken over core work on the coin, but if you were in the new thread, you might have learned this. The person doesn't wish to be labelled "main dev", but he nonetheless exists, and is someone everyone knows is capable. You should know too, that I wouldn't have been in favor of the idea had I not known for sure that it would be something everyone in the community/team would agree with. That is all I will say on that.

There will also be other, new hands coming into play hopefully, that I'm trying to facilitate (and no, boba, this doesn't mean me, for those of us who have a hard time with english...)

with that, I am pretty sure I'm done posting in this old thread, time to move on! to the FUTURE! a great one to BURST!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:08:09 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:08:08 PM by luxe

I have 4.4PB so total network size is 8.8 PB actually.
No need to panic, in fact I welcome you guys to get more hashpower.
But, you will need to pump the price, there's no other way, miners need incentive.

I know, now you all expect a 51% attack as I promised, but for $40 extra a day, I couldn't care less. Maybe I'll do it for a day just as a proof of concept, but my point is: pump the price, so that more people can afford mining it, then I will no longer have 50%. If so, everybody involved in BURST will win.

Guess all miners would like to see a higher price ... (maybe price will drop even more, if one person in owning the network ... time will tell)
I fear you are currently mining burst to 'death', but maybe it's just the other way round and network will grow cause of your massive farm :-)
However, i respect that, you are playing within the rules ... very interesting watching the network right now, not sure yet, what's going on ...
is it just you, adding some more PB ... highest peak since half a year today: https://bchain.info/BURST/graph/large

Lets take a look at blockfinder last 24h:

Yep, seams you added some more ...

pinballdude

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:53:17 PM

But, you will need to pump the price, there's no other way, miners need incentive.

I know, now you all expect a 51% attack as I promised, but for $40 extra a day, I couldn't care less. Maybe I'll do it for a day just as a proof of concept, but my point is: pump the price, so that more people can afford mining it, then I will no longer have 50%. If so, everybody involved in BURST will win.

Guess all miners would like to see a higher price ... (maybe price will drop even more, if one person in owning the network ... time will tell)
I fear you are currently mining burst to 'death', but maybe it's just the other way round and network will grow cause of your massive farm :-)
However, i respect that, you are playing within the rules ... very interesting watching the network right now, not sure yet, what's going on ...
is it just you, adding some more PB ... highest peak since half a year today: https://bchain.info/BURST/graph/large

I understand it is hard to throw money at disks when it takes quite a while for the disk to pay off itself at current burst price.

However, if you ( i mean whoever reads this ) have some cash , then, given burst will become a success, and given you save your coins, adding to the hash power will benefit you as well as everyone else, cause we would be better off if the largest miner is somewhat below 50%.

I have started plotting a 8TB drive, and it seems i'll have a 4TB drive free also, once i have moved stuff away from it, so i expect to end up adding 12TB to the network next few days.

I mine and do not sell the mined BURST so i can be profitable down the road if price go back up where it was before.
In fact my operation is a lot better now than before, cause the 2TB and 3TB drives i took out, was using more power than the 2x 8TB drives i put in. Those seagate archive drives are super low power, measured per TB of data.

The stats are super nice, luxe, it is fun to see my address pop up in there from time to time. I'll do my very best to become a permanent resident of that top list.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:22:16 AM

I understand it is hard to throw money at disks when it takes quite a while for the disk to pay off itself at current burst price.

However, if you ( i mean whoever reads this ) have some cash , then, given burst will become a success, and given you save your coins, adding to the hash power will benefit you as well as everyone else, cause we would be better off if the largest miner is somewhat below 50%.

I have started plotting a 8TB drive, and it seems i'll have a 4TB drive free also, once i have moved stuff away from it, so i expect to end up adding 12TB to the network next few days.

I mine and do not sell the mined BURST so i can be profitable down the road if price go back up where it was before.
In fact my operation is a lot better now than before, cause the 2TB and 3TB drives i took out, was using more power than the 2x 8TB drives i put in. Those seagate archive drives are super low power, measured per TB of data.

The stats are super nice, luxe, it is fun to see my address pop up in there from time to time. I'll do my very best to become a permanent resident of that top list.

Prime example of some of the things i mentioned in the new [ANN]. 

bobafett

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:06:36 PM

im looking for a full automatic mining system that once startet a a pc

1. checks free space and plot a predefined percentage perhaps 50% plots.
2. the plots shoud be for also a predefined id
3. then setups a miner in autostart as service for a predefined pool and starts mining.

the hole system should start and beginn fullautomatic work if i start one exe.

The use case is for a quick setup of 10+ pcs in a local network to make every pc a miner.

In second im looking for a tool that quick creates x burst id, set reward asignment to a specific pool and writes the burst id in a file.

Has someone a idea, if such a tool exist? perhaps for nxt is a tool for creating bulk adresses and veryfieing them?
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:47:57 PM

NEW ANN PAGE IS UP - PLEASE POST HERE FROM NOW ON, NEW ANN, NEW LINKS, NEW EVERYTHING! COME CHECK IT OUT, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.new#new

BURST IS ONCE AGAIN BEING ACTIVELY DEVELOPED AT THE CORE, TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR THE AGE OF BURST!

edit- forgot to check the selfmoderated box, I'm going to make another here, and I'll link here as well as the one I just posted after locking it.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
luxe

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:45:45 PM

3. then setups a miner in autostart as service for a predefined pool and starts mining.

The use case is for a quick setup of 10+ pcs in a local network to make every pc a miner.

In second im looking for a tool that quick creates x burst id, set reward asignment to a specific pool and writes the burst id in a file.

Has someone a idea, if such a tool exist? perhaps for nxt is a tool for creating bulk adresses and veryfieing them?

Never heard of a full automatic mining solution ... sorry.

The second is no big issue, you basically need a script that does the following ...
- Knows a seedAccount/passPhrase with some BURST balance and the pool that should be reward recipient.
-- do the following n times
- Generate a random passPhrase and request accountId for it ... (API: getAccountId)
- Send 1 BURST from seedAccount to newAccountId (API: sendMoney)
- Check balance of newAccountId repeating, until it is 1 BURST (API: getBalance)
- Once newAccountId has 1 BURST, set reward recipient (API: setRewardRecipient)
- store passPhrase of newAccountId to file
--
I have a script that creates new account, sends burst to it and if funded, sets accountInfo ... would be no big change to make that fit your needs. (you have any programming skills?)
But I guess you only need that, if you have a solution for full automatic mining?!
Elmit

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 07:25:31 PM

I am not an "exe" man, ... but I am sure it is possible.
In Linux it would be possible by using a database of plots (Redis would be enough), and check frequently the free space. As soon the free space goes under a certain value, unlink plot files (delete) and recreate them as new space gets available.
I would use junks of 50 or 100 GB for that. Exact value depends on the RAM you can afford to dedicate.
The start of the miner, could also query the database, which plot files to use.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:56:36 PM

I am not an "exe" man, ... but I am sure it is possible.
In Linux it would be possible by using a database of plots (Redis would be enough), and check frequently the free space. As soon the free space goes under a certain value, unlink plot files (delete) and recreate them as new space gets available.
I would use junks of 50 or 100 GB for that. Exact value depends on the RAM you can afford to dedicate.
The start of the miner, could also query the database, which plot files to use.

i have a simple plotting framework in shellscript with mysql backend for the plotting.
in one table you only add mount points for where the plots shall be stored and another table holds commandlines to generate the plots with.
each time i add storage i only add the mount points and fire up all plotters.
for plotting it is best to plot onto a fast writing ssd (the intel 750 series is really great for that) or onto a ramdisk if you go with smaller files and staggers. you can figure out a good stagger size by using dd for reading from your device. therefore you increase the blocksize in small steps up to a point at which you do not see any performance gains. this multiplied by 4096 is then the maximum size you should use for your plots.
also if you plot seamless into small files it is possible to simply concatenate the plots before you optimize them (even plotting over network from several machines works this way).
the tricky part in this setup was to modify the dcct optimize code to read from one source and to write onto another mountpoint (may also work symlinked based but not sure about it anymore since i modified the code).
once all this is done i have a overall plotting performance of about 50-80 mb/s for optimized usable plots (the optimize does more than halving it).
this means a 4 tb harddrive is filled up within 15 hours.
i did most of my plotting some time ago but ran several of these setups on the same machine (limited by the amount of ssds i had).
plotting around 100tb took me about 8 days including the development of this framework.

bobafett

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:18:27 AM

would it be possible to store the plots in mysql and use a miner that reads data from sqldb?
Elmit

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 04:36:46 AM

would it be possible to store the plots in mysql and use a miner that reads data from sqldb?

Just restart the miner with the new data if changed. You will certainly not change every minute. I would do something every 6 hours checking the space and adjust, if it is in the block size I need and restart the miner with the data of the database.

It is possible to use the miner with sym links.
I believe you could even setup a miner machine and use all other machine's drives as Samba drives.

Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:18:17 PM

Yes, you're very right about the above... Though a debit card would be very difficult to obtain I believe...

I am going to post in this thread as this one is not self-moderated unlike the new thread and has a higher likelihood of sticking around. I would guess the same handful of people that are posting in the new thread also keep an eye on the old one as well since it is not locked.

There has not been a native crypto debit card as of yet and all existing debit cards rely on a centralized 3rd party service which defeats the purpose of crypto in general. As you might have guessed I am a little biased toward the eMunie project which is well beyond any of the existing 2.0 coins. Burst is unique on the mining front but it does not have nearly enough features to be something that will be adopted by the mainstream public. (even if it was much easier to get going). Blockchains were stepping stones to more advanced solutions (distributed ledgers) that will win the end game as solutions like that can scale well beyond BTC and blockchain based solutions.

Still nobody has come up with any solutions of what happens when all Burst have been mined. We are half way done with mining and Burst is used by maybe 100-200 people total if that with half the mining done by one person. What incentive will there be for people to use Burst after mining has ended?

a true debit card point of sale demo using eMunie natively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFscCpiSkM
a recent demo of the native App Store inside eMunie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S_zHtlIpeA

I have mined and continue to hold Burst but I am real when I say it will not make it as a widely adopted platform. The above links give you a glimpse of what a mainstream digital economic platform will consist of for the everyday consumer that is not technical at all. It is not vaporware as I have been testing it for over 2 years now and have seen the advancements first hand.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 07:46:23 AM

Yes, you're very right about the above... Though a debit card would be very difficult to obtain I believe...

I am going to post in this thread as this one is not self-moderated unlike the new thread and has a higher likelihood of sticking around. I would guess the same handful of people that are posting in the new thread also keep an eye on the old one as well since it is not locked.

There has not been a native crypto debit card as of yet and all existing debit cards rely on a centralized 3rd party service which defeats the purpose of crypto in general. As you might have guessed I am a little biased toward the eMunie project which is well beyond any of the existing 2.0 coins. Burst is unique on the mining front but it does not have nearly enough features to be something that will be adopted by the mainstream public. (even if it was much easier to get going). Blockchains were stepping stones to more advanced solutions (distributed ledgers) that will win the end game as solutions like that can scale well beyond BTC and blockchain based solutions.

Still nobody has come up with any solutions of what happens when all Burst have been mined. We are half way done with mining and Burst is used by maybe 100-200 people total if that with half the mining done by one person. What incentive will there be for people to use Burst after mining has ended?

a true debit card point of sale demo using eMunie natively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFscCpiSkM
a recent demo of the native App Store inside eMunie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S_zHtlIpeA

I have mined and continue to hold Burst but I am real when I say it will not make it as a widely adopted platform. The above links give you a glimpse of what a mainstream digital economic platform will consist of for the everyday consumer that is not technical at all. It is not vaporware as I have been testing it for over 2 years now and have seen the advancements first hand.

I don't know why people seem to think I'm doing any sort of moderating aside from removing 2 of my own posts, and a few that were just blatant attacks and shouldn't have been in the thread where we're about discussing the future of a technology.

I agree with you, which is why if you'd  have read a little bit more of my post, I said exactly that. I am against it because it is not decentralized...

That project you posted looks pretty interesting, I would like to see some more information on it, but I fail to see  how it is that much better than BURST, and something that BURST wouldn't be able to implement in the marketplace, and/or even more, with the AT implementation... have you done anything with BURST aside from mine?

The mainstream public will adopt what they find interesting, and/or what meets a need efficiently, and effectively. I fail to see the logic in saying that a service built on top of BURST would fail to meet these specifications... Also, I've got first hand knowledge of a few additions coming to BURST, which will make many more things possible.

Also, the wallet being web based, means that a whole lot of stuff can be added with relative ease, including games, etc. But I don't think that is the aspect that I will be focusing on within the projects that I'm thinking about for BURST. Though, digital goods in a system like this work out great, for sure, and games will likely be one of them, or multiple of them as it were.

Don't just hold BURST, USE IT. The holding and holding and hoping and  hoping, is not going to do much in the grand scheme.

I think that the things you've said above are simply lack of either use of the coin, or the ability to see what is possible, and when there's nothing that is impossible, everything is possible. heh.

But yea, for anyone else believing that I'm some tyrant deleting posts in the new thread, think again... for one, I simply don't have the time to do that, and for two... just no. I don't care enough for about 99 percent of whatever you all deem to be something that I would deem delete worthy... Also, why do you think this way? Have I ever lead myself as a person who would love to censor everyone? haha. If anything, I'm the one the rest of the team would like to censor sometimes. But yea...

Anyway man, I guess I just don't quite get the point of your post here, first you think you're saying something I didn't say, when in fact I did, then you're saying things that aren't true, then you're giving some sort of promo of another coin, (which I'm not against, and like I said, please give me some more detail.) but please, next time, if you're going to reply like this, maybe you should realize what I actually said in the post you're quoting before coming at me thinking you're saying something different, when in fact you're saying the same thing.

The wallet in the videos, though, is ugly. That is something that could use some improvement for sure. Also, what IS the mining style? Is it something that will be sustainable? Is it mined at all? Also, can you simply go to a web location, log in, and use it? OR does it have to be downloaded, synchronized, and then connected to with password before able to be used, then... are all of the things that you showed there native? Are there things that must be downloaded as plugins or the like? How is this easier for the general public? Forgive me if I fail to see your logic, though I'm happy that you're happy about your project, and have passion for it, that's great!

BUT

TO NEW PEOPLE AND PEOPLE LOOKING FOR UPDATED BURST INFORMATION -

DUE TO SITUATIONS BEYOND THE TEAM'S CONTROL, AND NO LONGER ALLOWING FOR EDITING OF THE MAIN POST AND FIXING OF DEAD LINKS ETC ETC THIS IS NO LONGER THE MAIN BURST THREAD, PLEASE SEE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0;topicseen  FOR THE NEW OP LOCATION. THANK YOU!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:27:49 PM

I don't know why people seem to think I'm doing any sort of moderating aside from removing 2 of my own posts, and a few that were just blatant attacks and shouldn't have been in the thread where we're about discussing the future of a technology.

I agree with you, which is why if you'd  have read a little bit more of my post, I said exactly that. I am against it because it is not decentralized...

That project you posted looks pretty interesting, I would like to see some more information on it, but I fail to see  how it is that much better than BURST, and something that BURST wouldn't be able to implement in the marketplace, and/or even more, with the AT implementation... have you done anything with BURST aside from mine?

The mainstream public will adopt what they find interesting, and/or what meets a need efficiently, and effectively. I fail to see the logic in saying that a service built on top of BURST would fail to meet these specifications... Also, I've got first hand knowledge of a few additions coming to BURST, which will make many more things possible.

Also, the wallet being web based, means that a whole lot of stuff can be added with relative ease, including games, etc. But I don't think that is the aspect that I will be focusing on within the projects that I'm thinking about for BURST. Though, digital goods in a system like this work out great, for sure, and games will likely be one of them, or multiple of them as it were.

Don't just hold BURST, USE IT. The holding and holding and hoping and  hoping, is not going to do much in the grand scheme.

I think that the things you've said above are simply lack of either use of the coin, or the ability to see what is possible, and when there's nothing that is impossible, everything is possible. heh.

But yea, for anyone else believing that I'm some tyrant deleting posts in the new thread, think again... for one, I simply don't have the time to do that, and for two... just no. I don't care enough for about 99 percent of whatever you all deem to be something that I would deem delete worthy... Also, why do you think this way? Have I ever lead myself as a person who would love to censor everyone? haha. If anything, I'm the one the rest of the team would like to censor sometimes. But yea...

Anyway man, I guess I just don't quite get the point of your post here, first you think you're saying something I didn't say, when in fact I did, then you're saying things that aren't true, then you're giving some sort of promo of another coin, (which I'm not against, and like I said, please give me some more detail.) but please, next time, if you're going to reply like this, maybe you should realize what I actually said in the post you're quoting before coming at me thinking you're saying something different, when in fact you're saying the same thing.

The wallet in the videos, though, is ugly. That is something that could use some improvement for sure. Also, what IS the mining style? Is it something that will be sustainable? Is it mined at all? Also, can you simply go to a web location, log in, and use it? OR does it have to be downloaded, synchronized, and then connected to with password before able to be used, then... are all of the things that you showed there native? Are there things that must be downloaded as plugins or the like? How is this easier for the general public? Forgive me if I fail to see your logic, though I'm happy that you're happy about your project, and have passion for it, that's great!

You may have taken this as hostility and directed at you specifically but it is not. I really did not want to clutter up the other new thread promoting another project and take the focus away from Burst. I thought I could post here and still reach the die-hard Burst users which is really who I am speaking to. I do not want to side track this thread or the new one with technical discussions on other up and coming solutions. I'm sure you can do some digging and find more information. You are also welcome to reach out to me privately. I just wanted to toss a couple of links out there to show that more advanced solutions will be released this year and the people who live and breath this stuff should keep an open mind.

Back to Burst.....

I honestly think you are one of the people who have made a substantial impact on this coin along with others (irontiga, dawallet, luxe, haitch and his nemesis elmit, yes also bitladen) I applaud all of your efforts especially the plan to add real value to Burst via shares of your company as well as everything the people mentioned above have contributed. You are correct I have only mined Burst and have enjoyed learning something new and unique along the way. The reason that I do not want to do more is that I do not believe it can compete with the many other up and coming solutions that make use of hard drive space. Burst is very very efficient for the act of mining compared to everything else but it still wastes that space for the sole act of "mining". If mining is half way over now it is not realistic to think people will secure the network and run nodes if all coins have already been mined......what happens then? Some people here think coins will become more scarce and more valuable and in the short term value may increase. Without major use for the coin beyond the crypto community it will just not make it.

I do not want to back something that I do not believe in to the core. There you have it.....those are my reasons why I am not standing up for Burst or contributing something to it. That does not mean I am no longer interested in seeing what you and others make of it. Honestly, crowetic you are the only shot this coin has. As you can see nothing much of significance happens here while you are away. Others may say "You are not the Dev" there is no Dev. The community has not taken any action to do anything about that on their own. You fit this coin well to lead it....why......because you believe in it. I was not attacking you personally by the original post, you could have rightfully so removed my post for being off-topic in the other thread. This thread on the other hand has turned into a shout box for well.....whatever  Wink  I do not post that often and not wanting to get into a debate....these are just my opinions, please take them as that.  Also be aware of the many projects out there that people may prefer to use hard drive space for instead of Burst. (maidsafe, storj, siacoin, eth in the future)
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:17:15 PM

Quote from: cobra command... erm, i mean, cobra. heh.
I honestly think you are one of the people who have made a substantial impact on this coin along with others (irontiga, dawallet, luxe, haitch and his nemesis elmit, yes also bitladen) I applaud all of your efforts especially the plan to add real value to Burst via shares of your company as well as everything the people mentioned above have contributed. You are correct I have only mined Burst and have enjoyed learning something new and unique along the way. The reason that I do not want to do more is that I do not believe it can compete with the many other up and coming solutions that make use of hard drive space. Burst is very very efficient for the act of mining compared to everything else but it still wastes that space for the sole act of "mining". If mining is half way over now it is not realistic to think people will secure the network and run nodes if all coins have already been mined......what happens then? Some people here think coins will become more scarce and more valuable and in the short term value may increase. Without major use for the coin beyond the crypto community it will just not make it.

I do not want to back something that I do not believe in to the core. There you have it.....those are my reasons why I am not standing up for Burst or contributing something to it. That does not mean I am no longer interested in seeing what you and others make of it. Honestly, crowetic you are the only shot this coin has. As you can see nothing much of significance happens here while you are away. Others may say "You are not the Dev" there is no Dev. The community has not taken any action to do anything about that on their own. You fit this coin well to lead it....why......because you believe in it. I was not attacking you personally by the original post, you could have rightfully so removed my post for being off-topic in the other thread. This thread on the other hand has turned into a shout box for well.....whatever  Wink  I do not post that often and not wanting to get into a debate....these are just my opinions, please take them as that.  Also be aware of the many projects out there that people may prefer to use hard drive space for instead of Burst. (maidsafe, storj, siacoin, eth in the future)

Okay, glad you weren't personally coming after me calling me some sort of mod-happy fool. (because honestly, I'm the last person to mod things unless it is absolutely necessary.)

Thank you for your kind words, and sorry if I took things wrong and may have come off a little harsh in the return comments. I just take it personally when people say negative things about the coin that I've dedicated so much time and effort to. (As I'm sure you understand. Smiley)

I think I will take you up on the offer to ask you personally for more information as opposed to looking for it myself, only because I know how it is to be so passionate about a subject, you're going to give me ALL of the good information and it will be all in one location. Then I don't have to run around looking everywhere, it will just be there. Wink

I still find it unfortunate that you don't 'believe in BURST to the core', and I'm still unsure as to why, but it is totally your prerogative. Just people in the thread saying things like that could lead to doubt from first timers reading, and I very much dislike that. So, if you could please do me a favor out of respect for me if nothing else, and just try not to say negative things in super well known public BURST threads, that would be badass of you. You can say "I don't believe this and this will work" but saying things like " Burst is unique on the mining front but it does not have nearly enough features to be something that will be adopted by the mainstream public" can be taken as "burst will never have (whatever)" when that is entirely untrue. So that's my point there with that.

But yes, I agree with the fact that no one really addressed the 'what happens when BURST is "mined out"', however, with the advent of what myself and multiple other people are working on, and what the outcome of inventions of those people and other things coming, and yet to come... We hope to have the value up, and constant network activity enough to sustain mining. However, there are the ones who will always mine the coin no matter what, and those will keep the network running in a dire situation, but avoiding a dire situation is in itself fairly dire. Also, the decrease in BURST is NOT as a lot of people seem to think it is, and the 5% a month does NOT stay constant. This means that it is 5% of the previous amount, then 5% of that, and 5% of the next, and so forth, thus the decrease itself decreases, leading to a longer mining time before serious worry needs to be there. We've got years to get services in place, get things up and runing, and make action and waves. If we can't accomplish what we need to by then, well, we'll hopefully not have to come to that situation to find out!

Thanks again for the backing, I appreciate it. I've done nothing but be positive for the coin the entire time, and gotten things rolling. I'm a leader-type, so this type scenario fits me well, and I enjoy it. Also, as of recently, I've started to focus more on professionalism, and being a person that people with money wouldn't have a problem giving it to Wink (though I was always very trusted, some things I've done in the past were uncalled for, and/or I just went off on too much of a cursing tangent, or something along those lines...which I have now calmed quite a bit.)

But I do think that the plans and projects I have in mind, combined with my company and various things going on there, that BURST has a very bright future, HOWEVER... I can't do any of this without the amazing TEAM that I have behind me. These guys are straight up genius, and I'm honored to work with them. I may be the one who lights a fire under people in order to get things done in some cases, but as some people love to point out... "I'm not a dev" (yet... and it WILL happen, naysayers...) so I don't do any of the actual development work, and of course without that, there's no coin. So a HUGE credit and much respect to the developers within BURST on all levels. I vastly appreciate everything, and look forward to the future within BURST, and becoming a dev and working actively on projects in the code with you.

But even if I am not technically a coder yet, I'm capable, and I read code a lot in my work, as I've been in IT related work for about 15 years. (Yes, that makes me pretty young at my first job, haha.) So yea, I'll hit you up shortly, thanks again and I'll see everyone a bit later.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
vaxman

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:55:09 PM

any word from bitladen ? His farm is offline for some 34 hours.
Either he retired his farm voluntarily or controlling inside his company did it's job.

+: This considerably boosts mining income for all.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:33:34 PM

Emm.   I was wondering why my mining has increased.  I received more transactions yesterday then I have been.  Thought I was just getting lucky.  If he did this on purpose.  I want to say thank you.  We can all share in some Burst coin now.  It may increase the price a little as well.

luxe

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:53:17 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 08:04:11 PM by luxe

any word from bitladen ? His farm is offline for some 34 hours.
Either he retired his farm voluntarily or controlling inside his company did it's job.

+: This considerably boosts mining income for all.

Quite sure we will hear something from him soon ...

Whatever, without his massive farm, burst distribution looks quite different.
Guess i owe you guys this ...

Last 500 blocks distribution:

Good news respective BURST/BTC ACCT:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316199.msg13582027#msg13582027
Pages: « 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: