Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 07:33:29 AM

I 'determine' nothing, and I never claimed to be anything other than a dedicated member of the community. The thing is, I'm the type that seems to make things happen, would you agree with that? What happened the time when I was on my little hiatus from the forums/coin/project? Anything? What has happened since I have come back? Do we have a new thread with updated links posted? Do we have people actively working on projects? Do we have more than previously? I would have to go with yes on this one.

It isn't my fault that you didn't decide to try to get into the same position, is it?

The thing is, the people in the community respect me because I always ask their opinion on things, and never make decisions without getting approval, that is what makes me liked and respected as a community leader. (which like it or not, I am in a more community leader type position than most, wouldn't you agree? This is by no means saying that I control the coin, I simply took upon myself the position, and people tended to agree with it.)

I am also the one who took the time to write poloniex, getting them to agree to move the main github they watched to the new one that we control once again, allowing for future core development to take place. What did you do? Sit here and complain that no one else was doing things for you?

I don't get the issue here, do you or do  you not support the coin? If me being the one currently having the OP in my name is really an issue with you, is it a big enough issue for you to come here complaining about it on a daily? If so, I find that very sad, man.

I would think we'd all be out for a common goal, and the fact that you seem to think there's something else going on here than just a push for BURST recognition and position within altcoins as a coin that is here to stay, is puzzling.

So please man, please, just stop with this. I don't know what you're hoping to attain with it, but it does nothing but scare away people who would otherwise potentially be interested in starting a project, mining, or investing in something on the BURST chain, or the coin itself. If THIS is your goal, then I'd say  you're doing a great job.

The things you say, though, are only doing damage to your reputation and to the coin. But Yea, I think I will not reply to you anymore here, whether I comment in this thread or not, as I've already wasted far too much time 'feeding the troll' as they say.

I wish you luck with whatever it is you are doing nowadays man, aside from wasting your time attempting to defame character of random people via a public internet location.

But yes, to those who would like to continue to talk in this thread, by all means, until it is locked, and/or if it is, you can do so, as I'm no one to tell anyone anything, but I do suggest that you at least put a watch on the other thread as well, as it will definitely be the place that all NEW information will be posted that is BURST related.

I will come to this thread only to post updates linking to the other thread, regardless of whether one member (or ex member as it were) may think of the new thread's purpose. The reality is, the new thread is exactly what I said it would be, and nothing there has anything to do with anything non coin related.

Speaking of which, I'm going to be posting another update about a potential project in the works, etc... shortly... IN THE NEW BURST THREAD, LOCATED HERE...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0;topicseen

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:22:36 PM

Alright seems fair then, both threads can be active, but I think slowly we should move to the new one. The OP of this thread looks ugly and most links are broken.
cointron

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:12:58 PM

Spend fortunes on Cpu / Cpu / ASICs and now it's time to spend on HDD:  NVIDIA - AMD - WD - SEAGATE SAMSUNG, TOSHIBA,  etc ... all happy and rich. You, me, ( WE )  in poverty, with dilapidated equipment, spending hours configuring plots, sad.

By the way. What is the value of each "minted" coin?
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 02:23:12 PM

Spend fortunes on Cpu / Cpu / ASICs and now it's time to spend on HDD:  NVIDIA - AMD - WD - SEAGATE SAMSUNG, TOSHIBA,  etc ... all happy and rich. You, me, ( WE )  in poverty, with dilapidated equipment, spending hours configuring plots, sad.

Why did you need to spend HOURS to configure plots? Where did you see any difficulty?
To plot takes a while, but you can already mine, while it is plotting.

Try to go to an exchange (Poloniex, Bittrex) to get an answer!!! - including history graphs.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
cointron

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:48:22 PM

Why did you need to spend HOURS to configure plots? Where did you see any difficulty?

Try to go to an exchange (Poloniex, Bittrex) to get an answer!!! - including history graphs.

Plots? Are you serious? I advertise don´t waste your time and money in this project.-
Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 03:13:24 PM

Plots? Are you serious? I advertise don´t waste your time and money in this project.-

I'm sorry, I did not get your point. I do wonder why you spend time to write at all.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
cointron

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:36:10 PM

I'm sorry, I did not get your point. I do wonder why you spend time to write at all.

Keep ploting.-
Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 04:56:57 AM

Keep ploting.-

Plotting is at the beginning, MINING is it now.

Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:13:15 AM

Bobafett, crowetic is much more than "a community member". He has done loads for the community, where as you....hmmm, all you did was dodgey assets with terms which are dodgey, and used running an "official" burstcoin.de to improve your pool and sell your assets. Then you killed it and hopped with your assets and pool. So you on the other hand are less than a "community member".

Sorry, but i'm pretty sure it was clear, everyone who was keeping burst alive and is trying to rebuild it has moved to the new thread. I suggest you do too.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:43:06 PM

Spend fortunes on Cpu / Cpu / ASICs and now it's time to spend on HDD:  NVIDIA - AMD - WD - SEAGATE SAMSUNG, TOSHIBA,  etc ... all happy and rich. You, me, ( WE )  in poverty, with dilapidated equipment, spending hours configuring plots, sad.

Yes, because god forbid you have extra HD space... what would you ever do with it? Get real man. HDD mining is NOTHING like GPU/ASIC, in any way, at all.

Get your facts straight before you come in here spouting off a bunch of nonsense.

HDDs are not only able to be used for multiple purposes, they're relatively inexpensive, and hold their value better than almost any other computer component. Then you add the fact that running one barely takes any power, and what do you get? That's right, nothing like GPU/ASIC mining.

Let me give you an idea of the difference...

I run at my house right now...

2 BURST mining machines, one a custom built water cooled i7 extreme edition, 32 gigs of RAM, etc, with 40TB in external HDD space mining BURST (to which I could easily add another 120TB before this computer starts using even a 5th of its power... The machine literally idles all day, using barely any of its GPU with which to read the 40TB in drives in around 45 seconds total (with unoptimized plots, could be much lower...) every 4 minutes or so. Essentially, since I left this computer on all day anyway, it costs me basically nothing

I then have a rackserver that runs 16 opteron cores, 32gb of ram, and another about 35-40TB BURST mining power. This machine is completely unnecessary really, as it is less efficient, and uses more power just to run, and I could easily put these drives on the i7 machine, and still have plenty of power to spare, and read the plots faster with the GPU... but, I still run this useless machine for no real reason whatsoever. Eventually I plan to add more power to it, and a GPU, but currently it uses its CPU to run the mining, in the most ineficient way possible, but STILL... I don't really notice much of a hit to power bill.

The two machines above, since they ran all the time even before they were  mining BURST, basically didn't increase my power bill at all when I started using them for BURST. My power bill was around 220 dollars give or take per month, and maybe 250 with these machines mining, in one of the most inefficient ways, (probably less) and not optimized at all as far as plots...

NOW...

I also have 3... yes only 3... of the Antminer S3 (not too old, but not that new either) that give me just over 1.4 TH of BTC SHA mining power... I can only even attempt to run these things in the winter, because the HEAT KILLS ME, and I refuse to even attempt in the summer. Then, I make use of them if I can as heaters in locations in my house that I don't mind the NOISE, and have to make whole special setups just for them, with dedicated wifi adapter, and extension cords/thick industrial power cables, etc... and make sure they're not getting too HOT in the location, monitor them for quite some time, then finally say "okay, they're decent"...

2 of them, I have no place in my house to run them, so they don't even get to be heaters, because even these small machines are so LOUD that I can't stand to have them even across the room from me. Drowns out conversation... So, these are running in the garage, nice and cool considering the 20 degree temps here lately, but not able to use their excess heat like I do with the other, to heat a particularly cold upstairs room in my house, which I do find I like...

HOWEVER...

These 3 small miners, draw about the same amount of power as my entire house, including the BURST miners. Since part of the power is paid a bit by using them as heat, I'll just say that they cost me 175/month or so... hell, I'll be generous, and say 150 though I'm certain it is more.

If I were to cash out my btc mined each month, it would pay about 120 of that... leaving me mining at a pretty substantial loss. Luckily, it isn't a big deal to me, and I want to get use of these LITERALLY USELESS FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS, machines. Their value is basically nothing, when only a year ago they were considered fairly valuable... My drives for BURST, are worth about the same as I paid for them over a year ago...

So... you tell me, which is smarter? Which makes more sense... should be pretty obvious.

I think I'll max my i7 out on BURST mining power just to see how much I can  make it handle. To really show how big the difference really is.

on another note, here's the NEW BURST THREAD LINK....

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:38:10 AM

I think I managed to get a wallet running and a miner on my Mac.  However it appears that I need to be able to plot before I can mine.  Can anyone point me to a plotter for the Mac with instructions on how to get it running?  Thanks.

Longsnowsm
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 05:04:50 AM

I think I managed to get a wallet running and a miner on my Mac.  However it appears that I need to be able to plot before I can mine.  Can anyone point me to a plotter for the Mac with instructions on how to get it running?  Thanks.

Longsnowsm

The Java (original plotter and miner) should work just fine on a Mac. I myself have no macs to test it on, though I might be able to setup a VM and test this, but if you can run other Java programs, you should be able to run BURST just fine, you can follow the guide linked in the NEW BURST thread, here...

in the OP you can find the link to the Java version, (and thus, Mac Compatible...) I even grabbed the link for you...

https://mega.co.nz/#!b0pzHajA!ERk068l5NS6kR7zdLdTgltqyPw3Z60lwAWvgXtNQNTk

Let me know if you  have any issues, but FYI, all  of the NEW conversations about BURST are located at the first link posted above... This thread is outdated, and no longer editable, so we've since moved over to the new one. This is the more likely place to find information about the coin.

But if you have any issues, do let me know, and I can grab a mac compatible miner for you, and make changes to the links. Thanks!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 02:31:14 PM

ByteEMini Dividends Paid Out

Name: ByteEMini
Asset ID: 639537212154320
Offer Price: 0.4
Total Shares: 100,000
Dividends: Monthly

12/02/16 - Dividend paid 0.0061700 per share

Code:
ByteEMini (639537212154320) Total found assets: 100000, Assets to be distributed: 100000
Summary of proposed distribution of  617BURST to 11
Based on asset holders at timestamp 45057600 (Thu, 30 Apr 2015 00:00:00 GMT)
----------------------
Number of assets, Account, Payout amount
30456, BURST-PMVC-387U-LG6C-FUMVY, 187.91352
28900, BURST-XC7A-FM25-3TK9-CNPGC, 178.313
20000, BURST-KTTD-6GE6-6BK9-B8ABB, 123.4
8748, BURST-54J2-DUDF-EUQU-4ZZRQ, 53.97516
4500, BURST-53DP-A7CT-YTM9-FZCLM, 27.765
3100, BURST-7G43-CTSC-QLTM-GASD4, 19.127
1750, BURST-B2R8-TZKJ-T4NG-4AJBW, 10.7975
1000, BURST-RV3F-RGPE-QSLF-GQVUU, 6.17
994, BURST-8V9Q-RWD8-2XCF-CLYWW, 6.13298
500, BURST-78S3-3AXW-SDDG-37Y72, 3.085
52, BURST-YCZP-KEA3-D2WP-CYDSP, 0.32084

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 11:31:30 PM

ByteEMini Dividends Paid Out

Name: ByteEMini
Asset ID: 639537212154320
Offer Price: 0.4
Total Shares: 100,000
Dividends: Monthly

12/02/16 - Dividend paid 0.0061700 per share

Code:
ByteEMini (639537212154320) Total found assets: 100000, Assets to be distributed: 100000
Summary of proposed distribution of  617BURST to 11
Based on asset holders at timestamp 45057600 (Thu, 30 Apr 2015 00:00:00 GMT)
----------------------
Number of assets, Account, Payout amount
30456, BURST-PMVC-387U-LG6C-FUMVY, 187.91352
28900, BURST-XC7A-FM25-3TK9-CNPGC, 178.313
20000, BURST-KTTD-6GE6-6BK9-B8ABB, 123.4
8748, BURST-54J2-DUDF-EUQU-4ZZRQ, 53.97516
4500, BURST-53DP-A7CT-YTM9-FZCLM, 27.765
3100, BURST-7G43-CTSC-QLTM-GASD4, 19.127
1750, BURST-B2R8-TZKJ-T4NG-4AJBW, 10.7975
1000, BURST-RV3F-RGPE-QSLF-GQVUU, 6.17
994, BURST-8V9Q-RWD8-2XCF-CLYWW, 6.13298
500, BURST-78S3-3AXW-SDDG-37Y72, 3.085
52, BURST-YCZP-KEA3-D2WP-CYDSP, 0.32084

There's no need to post over here man, everyone knows the new thread exists now. This one should float in its space or be locked.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:10:28 AM

crow, stop writing, the community should switch to your private burst promo thread.

this one is the real, yours only your private project....
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:47:19 AM

crow, stop writing, the community should switch to your private burst promo thread.

this one is the real, yours only your private project....

The new thread is as real as this
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:35:28 AM

Time to buy some burst coin again
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 03:29:28 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 05:32:23 PM by killerjoegreece

{"errorDescription":"Unknown account","errorCode":5} i get this when i try to set reward recipient. account is verified and visible on the explorer. what is going on?

i found this on nxt i found this on the nxt forums If the account does not yet exist, this call will return: {"errorCode":5,"errorDescription":"Unknown account"}
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 05:02:11 AM

{"errorDescription":"Unknown account","errorCode":5} i get this when i try to set reward recipient. account is verified and visible on the explorer. what is going on?

i found this on nxt i found this on the nxt forums If the account does not yet exist, this call will return: {"errorCode":5,"errorDescription":"Unknown account"}

Have you tried to do it with the web wallet? could be there's maybe something up with your local wallet... and/or maybe your chain isn't fully synchronized? Also, this thread is not active anymore, the new one is here...

Then, if you have technical questions, please post them on our new BURST forum...

http://forum.burstcoin.info

Thanks!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:53:13 PM

Time to buy some burst coin again

Awesome welcome back aboard.   Glad to see so many people coming back to this coin.  Glad I got in when I did.

Pages: « 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: