Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:06:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:02:55 PM

Would you like to invest in Storj Labs?
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/2366/_storj-building-the-most-secure-cheap-private-cloud-storage-using-the-blockchain.html

I want to invest in this project via bnktothefuture but at a lower amount than
the minimum $1000 buy in required.

So I thought about sharing the offer via a Burst asset.

Would you be interested in a Burst Asset for Storj Labs?

Together we would need to raise $1000 worth of Burst within 24 Hours. I'm happy to
put in about $250, so really need around $750.

Are you interested in this offer? I need a few solid commitments and I will create the
asset and provide all the relevant details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:36:36 PM

So BurstDev left the project, right ? In that case, why not you (all the biggest BURST contributors) all organize to form a real new dev team to push the coin forward ? If this come to happen I could be your French representative.
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:50:41 PM

So BurstDev left the project, right ? In that case, why not you (all the biggest BURST contributors) all organize to form a real new dev team to push the coin forward ? If this come to happen I could be your French representative.

this sounds like a plan but i currently think it would be much more comfortable for this team to fork burst, offer a 1:1 AT based coin conversion into both directions and start with a new name.

this i think because there has been no contribution as forum action or github activity from the original dev for a while.
if he comes back at a certain point we may join the fork back into the original version with the original BURST brand.

this would enable the new team to decide whatever they want and the community to switch between both forks independently to whatever they prefer.

to enable the 1:1 AT based exchange mechanics there would have to be done some research if the rate can be pegged dynamically based on external data sources to keep a exchange attractive at all market situations. 

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:21:53 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 02:07:38 AM by Gimmelfarb

Hey,

I'd like to know what interest there is to buy brand new HDDs (also laptops and GPUs) in the community. Through a really big procurement that I'm directing IRL, I'd be able to offer decent discounts. The negative side is that I can only handle a few different models (those my employer chose to buy), although many of each one.

As an example:

WD Green WD60EZRX 6TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Standard price is $279 but newegg have them on discount for $222.

Seagate Desktop SSHD ST4000DX001 4TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Solid State Hybrid Drive Bare Drive Standard price is $279 but newegg have them on discount for $229.

I'd be able to sell these for approx. $170 (EU) and $185 (US) incl. shipping.

These are examples to give you idea of what percentage the discount would be offered.

If you are interested, please go here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1207919

Thanks!

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:31:52 AM

this sounds like a plan but i currently think it would be much more comfortable for this team to fork burst, offer a 1:1 AT based coin conversion into both directions and start with a new name.

this i think because there has been no contribution as forum action or github activity from the original dev for a while.
if he comes back at a certain point we may join the fork back into the original version with the original BURST brand.

this would enable the new team to decide whatever they want and the community to switch between both forks independently to whatever they prefer.

to enable the 1:1 AT based exchange mechanics there would have to be done some research if the rate can be pegged dynamically based on external data sources to keep a exchange attractive at all market situations. 

I agree, I think forking and rebranding with a fresh start should be ideal.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:19:30 PM

just breached big number in BURST, it does not appear there is anything wrong with the coin, in fact the whole alt landscape is depressed (temporarily)

if you do fork you better have a very good reason to do so, if you do fork, I sure hope all that work that I have done can be transposed onto new blockchain

in any case, I would not fork and instead enhance this as is

yet to sell a single BURST because at these levels it is down right stupid to do so, even couple of thousands of dollars is not much these days , if you think it is you better find something else to do

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 08:05:06 PM

just breached big number in BURST, it does not appear there is anything wrong with the coin, in fact the whole alt landscape is depressed (temporarily)

if you do fork you better have a very good reason to do so, if you do fork, I sure hope all that work that I have done can be transposed onto new blockchain

yet to sell a single BURST because at these levels it is down right stupid to do so, even couple of thousands of dollars is not much these days , if you think it is you better find something else to do

We already have cloned to a new git, we aren't planning on forking. I've spoken to Poloniex and gotten them to follow the new git. I will do the same with trex once we can get some people doing active dev.

I'm going to suggest a small change to put up a new version and get the exchanges going with the new git, then we'll start actively making changes that are bigger, and get the ball rolling again in the right direction.

As I've always said I'm not going anywhere, but I've been really busy lately and haven't had much time to focus on anything more than my own company.

That being said, I'm already getting very close to a point that I'm going to be offering shares of my company for sale on the AE, and eventually pay a dividend based on a percentage of my company's income.

I will write up the details on this and make the new asset soon. I am doing very well since the refocus/restructure/change in direction of my company, and I'm growing at a rate much faster than I thought I would.

Currently I'm going to be building an extremely awesome custom watercooled system with a Titan X in it for a client. I'm also working with a partnership with a telecommunications company. I firmly believe that my company will be an extremely good investment when I get this asset structured and started.

Everyone knows that the assets I release are stable and have always done exactly as they have been structured. This new one will be no different.

I'm hoping to bring BURST into 2016 in a very solid and well-defined manner, with ease of use and overall use skyrocketed. I firmly believe the AE is a very great method to accomplish this. As is the marketplace. Automatic transactions will be as well, once the ease of use is fully setup there, and the basis of uses is expanded, and people made aware.

be on the lookout for the asset release in the near future, and invest into Crowetic Computers, LLC. We will not let you down. Wink

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:11:53 PM

makes sense above , also seems to me maidsafe will do some kind of POC but it is a very expensive coin and for the "wealthy" (kidding somewhat here) POC(capacity) is great as people are literarily burning this planet doing SHA decomposition, but SHA is indestructible too (not even by quantum computing), whoever this satoshi is he made all the right choices..POC is like on par and might become very important if digital assets (which coins are really) goes more main stream

good luck with your endeavor (building Titan server is a great thing)
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 08:17:19 PM

Thank you. I know this will happen at some point, but for now there are a lot of other things going on and people are just busy.

Come register and join us in the burst chat (this applies to public and team members, and anyone can register and come make suggestions or just chat with us!) http://burst-team.us:3000

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Merick

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:35:53 PM

Burst.biz seems to be stuck on block 152916

https://block.burstcoin.info appears to be working well.

rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:48:53 PM

We already have cloned to a new git, we aren't planning on forking. I've spoken to Poloniex and gotten them to follow the new git. I will do the same with trex once we can get some people doing active dev.

I'm going to suggest a small change to put up a new version and get the exchanges going with the new git, then we'll start actively making changes that are bigger, and get the ball rolling again in the right direction.

As I've always said I'm not going anywhere, but I've been really busy lately and haven't had much time to focus on anything more than my own company.

That being said, I'm already getting very close to a point that I'm going to be offering shares of my company for sale on the AE, and eventually pay a dividend based on a percentage of my company's income.

I will write up the details on this and make the new asset soon. I am doing very well since the refocus/restructure/change in direction of my company, and I'm growing at a rate much faster than I thought I would.

Currently I'm going to be building an extremely awesome custom watercooled system with a Titan X in it for a client. I'm also working with a partnership with a telecommunications company. I firmly believe that my company will be an extremely good investment when I get this asset structured and started.

Everyone knows that the assets I release are stable and have always done exactly as they have been structured. This new one will be no different.

I'm hoping to bring BURST into 2016 in a very solid and well-defined manner, with ease of use and overall use skyrocketed. I firmly believe the AE is a very great method to accomplish this. As is the marketplace. Automatic transactions will be as well, once the ease of use is fully setup there, and the basis of uses is expanded, and people made aware.

be on the lookout for the asset release in the near future, and invest into Crowetic Computers, LLC. We will not let you down. Wink

This makes me very excited for the future of Burst! 
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:47:43 AM

I'd love to see another burst-like coin, got lots of hdd-s ready Grin Grin

Let me know if you ever find a SJCX clone.

It's sad to see this coins dev disappear. I bought this coin and was hoping for some good news.

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:05:02 AM

Thank you. I know this will happen at some point, but for now there are a lot of other things going on and people are just busy.

Come register and join us in the burst chat (this applies to public and team members, and anyone can register and come make suggestions or just chat with us!) http://burst-team.us:3000

Sounds awesome, I think you will be the savior of this coin and you're the only hope left for us Burst bagholders  Smiley
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:40:27 AM

Lets hope BURST will get back on it's feet, after the shakedown of 16 satoshi (we bought the price up from 15 by buying the dividend) will go back to normal prices.

The truth is that the inflation hurts the price, so hopefully it will decrease in longer term, and the price could stabilize.

But if we stay strong as community, then we can resolve any problem Smiley
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:15:20 AM

Lets hope BURST will get back on it's feet, after the shakedown of 16 satoshi (we bought the price up from 15 by buying the dividend) will go back to normal prices.

The truth is that the inflation hurts the price, so hopefully it will decrease in longer term, and the price could stabilize.

We need to find more uses for it other than just mining and dumping that would help price significantly, I'm sure this has been discussed many times already  Cheesy.
FakeAccount

Activity: 248

I'm not real

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:58:03 PM

Would you like to invest in Storj Labs?
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/2366/_storj-building-the-most-secure-cheap-private-cloud-storage-using-the-blockchain.html

I want to invest in this project via bnktothefuture but at a lower amount than
the minimum $1000 buy in required.

So I thought about sharing the offer via a Burst asset.

Would you be interested in a Burst Asset for Storj Labs?

Together we would need to raise $1000 worth of Burst within 24 Hours. I'm happy to
put in about $250, so really need around $750.

Are you interested in this offer? I need a few solid commitments and I will create the
asset and provide all the relevant details.
it's a loan, not equity investment
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 06:38:48 PM

This makes me very excited for the future of Burst! 

Thank you! I should have some details regarding this up sometime soon, don't know exactly, but I'm planning it all out now.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 06:40:20 PM

Sounds awesome, I think you will be the savior of this coin and you're the only hope left for us Burst bagholders  Smiley

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm doing what I can. I'm one of the busy ones right now though, so my apologies for not doing more at the moment, but I think the building of my company will play hand in hand with helping BURST if I can get the things implemented that I'm attempting to.

But, don't just baghold, invest in assets, trade the coin, keep volume up, do what we can with what we have, buy things on the marketplace, keep making use of the stuff we have now, and then there will be more things to make use of in the future, but just sitting on coins isn't helping anything. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:49:09 PM

Still following burst. Good job guys.
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:01:03 AM

We need to find more uses for it other than just mining and dumping that would help price significantly, I'm sure this has been discussed many times already  Cheesy.

Suggestions ,suggestions, we need suggestions mostly.

I still think the social media approach would be the most appropriate, but we need an image for BURST that can be easily marketed.
Pages: « 1 ... 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: