Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
jasdace

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 05:56:31 PM

I am trying to change servers. I am updated to 1.2.6.  When I try to change I get this error: {"errorDescription":"recipient account does not have public key","errorCode":8,"requestProcessingTime":10}.  I am trying to change to pool.burstcoin.biz.  Any ideas?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 05:41:55 AM

I am trying to change servers. I am updated to 1.2.6.  When I try to change I get this error: {"errorDescription":"recipient account does not have public key","errorCode":8,"requestProcessingTime":10}.  I am trying to change to pool.burstcoin.biz.  Any ideas?

You should join us on BURST forums, http://forums.burst-team.us and ask this question.

However, I can tell you, judging by the response of the network, you have not done an outgoing tx on your account yet. Go ahead and set a name for you wallet, or send coin anywhere, do anything that requires 1 coin outgoing, and this will go away.

if you need coins, go to the new faucet (link in the windows UI, or http://faucet.burstcoin.info or others) to get some coin, THEN make an outgoing tx.

This will solve the issue.

Any further questions, propose them to the forums.burst-team.us and one of the team or community will gladly answer your question.

Also, this is the OLD OP. There is a new one at...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
tross

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 11:07:58 AM

NEW POOL

tross Burstcoin Pool

Recipient: BURST-JGBV-U7YK-SWHM-4P4QS
Pool:burstpool.ddns.net:8080  and 8124

I hope people come and try it out! Only cost is 1 Burst and your are free to stay or go as you please
It's an alternative to a large pool without pay hassle and forks. Thats not saying it couldnt happen to
my pool but less frequently or not so often. I will be changing the site design and some of the JS code.
Like any other project there is always a bug somewhere.

Burstcoin has to have more than a couple large pools. It wasnt too long ago all the big pools were forked.
But us smaller pools were not. You never know a smaller pool might be better than where you are. Its all
luck! Are you lucky? 

http://cpumining.zapto.org/ <<<<<pow coin mining    http://solominer.ddns.net/<<<<<<< is the place to mine! 
Burstcoin mining POC mining
BurstVest

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 09:18:02 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 02:03:17 AM by BurstVest

New asset on the exchanges: BurstVest

Name: BurstVest

Asset ID: 9942303089158877431
Asset Issuer: BURST-TX7W-YTB2-EZY7-APA7J
Supply: 1,000,000 (1,000,000 will be sold on the market. All profit from sales goes into the asset)
Price: 100 (Has 2 decimals to break into 1 burst per .01 shares. All assets will be the same price from the issuer! NO increase!)
Asset Decimals: 2
Dividends: Monthly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AS A PROMOTION, THE FIRST DIVIDEND WILL HAVE A BONUS FROM MY PERSONAL WALLET
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BurstVest invests it's funds into current and future assets and reinvests profits while maintaining dividends to shareholders.

The purpose of BurstVest is to simplify investing in multiple assets and reinvesting profits by packaging it into one asset. To put it in simpler terms, BurstVest takes investor's funds and allocates them to assets. The revenue from those assets is split into shareholder dividends, some of it is reinvested, and 1.5% is taken as a maintenance fee. The most unique aspect of BurstVest is that it reinvests 35% of it's revenues creating a larger dividend each month. No matter how many shares are sold, the dividends will keep going up for as long as the burst asset exchange exists.

Shares will be sold 100,000 at a time on the exchange.

Burstvest will allocate it's investor's funds like this:
20% BURSTize ID:14692463117907261266
15% BURSTeam ID: 14092376023955917604
15% thstake ID: 18176646582737130927
15% BurstGames ID: 9245423647144851863
10% ByteEnt ID: 1800253871016293364
10% BURSTaker ID: 15208279992621279224
15% Retained in the wallet for future assets. Wallet Address: BURST-TX7W-YTB2-EZY7-APA7J

The profits from the asset investments will be distributed:
60% Dividends to investors
35% Invested in more assets
3% Put into the wallet for future assets(Future assets will be determined by majority on the burstcoin forum)
1.5% Maintenance fee

Any funds sent to the asset will go directly into buying an asset immediately.
Don't have any burst? Throw some faucet burst at the exchange and you can get .01 shares per burst! If I go to the faucet and get 5 burst, I can get .05 shares and watch the profits roll in.

Just in case anybody missed it. The price of the asset in future releases will be the SAME. No increase whatsoever because that would cheat people who are late into buying it. HOWEVER, Any late buyers will not receive dividends from the previous months.

If you still aren't convinced, you can check how many of what asset the wallet currently owns by going to the exchange and clicking on the account ID (Who owns it). Anyone can see how many of what asset the wallet owns. There is the proof that this asset is legit.

Any amendments to investment percentages will be addressed on the official burstcoin forum page

http://forums.burst-team.us:4567/topic/1111/ann-burstvest
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:05:27 AM

The roi seems bad. 25% to 50% a year is horrible. The HDD will take 2 years to be paid back and then only will I be able to make profits. I this right or am I missing something ? I'm going on the bases of 1tb HDD = +-$80 the calculator says it's 1400 burst a week.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 02:38:02 AM

The roi seems bad. 25% to 50% a year is horrible. The HDD will take 2 years to be paid back and then only will I be able to make profits. I this right or am I missing something ? I'm going on the bases of 1tb HDD = +-$80 the calculator says it's 1400 burst a week.

You're not looking at it the right way, BURST is about the future, with all of the things we have coming in a short period of time, mining now is good, the rewards are dropping, many new people coming in and offering services, and a LOT more big things coming.

Get in now, and mine coins that go up 1000x in value in the near future, suddenly your ROI has happened 20 times in a few months.

BURST isn't about profit now, not by mining anyway. If you want profit now, you can mine with your existing drives, or buy and sell the coin, but the future, is where you're really going to see the long term goals coming to fruition, and massive increases once we get a few things finished up.

Everything will be public soon.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
daWallet

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 11:24:46 PM

1 TB costs around $ 25 to $ 30 and a "return on investment" of 25 to 50% per year is horrible? With the value of the working HDD or without?

ROI is a very limited measurement of performance especially for long term projects.

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 11:39:11 PM

Think of BURST as a long term investment and his a little tip for you, invest the mined BURST into assets which earn monthly dividends and also can go up in value. Take BURSTaker assets they were just 50 Burst coins each and now are trading at just under 100 Burst coins and a couple of weeks ago they were trading at 250 Burst coins. So while you are waiting for the price of Burst to go up why not invest your mined Burst coins and invest them into the assets and earn monthly dividends while you wait for the price to go up. It's a no brainer!

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
tortellino

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:41:34 PM

Hi everybody
i´m very new to Burst but interesting project because of PoC-mining. Installed the online wallet and plotted part of my internal disc (198GB) and a part of brand new seagate 4 TB HDD (346 GB) to test mining. Config changed like in the burst forum explanation videos. 198 GB (Desktop) alone works fine, but combined with HDD [Error1007] occured (The deadline for you nonce is really bad, 11.000years). I plotted the drive with the online wallet plotter. What can i do to solve the problem?

Kind regards

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 05:54:39 PM

Hi everybody
i´m very new to Burst but interesting project because of PoC-mining. Installed the online wallet and plotted part of my internal disc (198GB) and a part of brand new seagate 4 TB HDD (346 GB) to test mining. Config changed like in the burst forum explanation videos. 198 GB (Desktop) alone works fine, but combined with HDD [Error1007] occured (The deadline for you nonce is really bad, 11.000years). I plotted the drive with the online wallet plotter. What can i do to solve the problem?

Kind regards

This OP is the OLD BURST OP...

To get answers you're looking for, the best place to post the question is in the BURST official forums... http://forums.burst-team.us

Also, here's a link to the new OP with updated links on it and more active participants....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
JasonXG

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:23:26 PM

You're not looking at it the right way, BURST is about the future, with all of the things we have coming in a short period of time, mining now is good, the rewards are dropping, many new people coming in and offering services, and a LOT more big things coming.

Get in now, and mine coins that go up 1000x in value in the near future, suddenly your ROI has happened 20 times in a few months.

BURST isn't about profit now, not by mining anyway. If you want profit now, you can mine with your existing drives, or buy and sell the coin, but the future, is where you're really going to see the long term goals coming to fruition, and massive increases once we get a few things finished up.

Well I need a new laptop HDD and I'm trying to justify it ^^ I also need some space on my PC but I can only use what's left over but lucky I only keep games and software. No movies and music I just stream. So if anything I can get a discount on my HDD just by selling burst . as you say it might go up in price as you say perhaps buying some is an order ?

How much wear does running this do ? I mean how long till my HDD is trashed ?
FrilledShark

Activity: 617

I am the signed message, without I am not

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 02:05:46 PM

Well I need a new laptop HDD and I'm trying to justify it ^^ I also need some space on my PC but I can only use what's left over but lucky I only keep games and software. No movies and music I just stream. So if anything I can get a discount on my HDD just by selling burst . as you say it might go up in price as you say perhaps buying some is an order ?

1: I don't quite understand that question, would you mind explain it again?

2: Burst mining doesn't wear down a HDD faster then normal usage would. You are only reading about 0.025% of the drive every round and only 1 time pr plot. The only thing which is able to degrade your HDD is the initial setup, which is writing the whole plot to your drive.
3: That depends on the HDD you are using. You might want to do some searching and discover sites like: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/170748-how-long-do-hard-drives-actually-live-for/ & https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-failure-rates-q2-2016/. It is hard to tell you exactly how long they live for, but somewhere between 2 and 8 years is probably right. It is very random and just like a lottery. You could be lucky and get one of the 8 years one or be unlucky and it dies in the first year.

Not very active. Please use PM or email to get a reply from me.
High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
JasonXG

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:40:23 PM

1: I don't quite understand that question, would you mind explain it again?

2: Burst mining doesn't wear down a HDD faster then normal usage would. You are only reading about 0.025% of the drive every round and only 1 time pr plot. The only thing which is able to degrade your HDD is the initial setup, which is writing the whole plot to your drive.
3: That depends on the HDD you are using. You might want to do some searching and discover sites like: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/170748-how-long-do-hard-drives-actually-live-for/ & https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-failure-rates-q2-2016/. It is hard to tell you exactly how long they live for, but somewhere between 2 and 8 years is probably right. It is very random and just like a lottery. You could be lucky and get one of the 8 years one or be unlucky and it dies in the first year.

Yea I use Seagate hdds and Toshiba some last a bit short but most last a long time. Thank you for the informative links. I think I'm gonna go have a look at HDDs now Smiley

One more question. If I download the plot then later free up space do I just update with more free space or plot all over again ?
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:50:05 PM

Big news on BURST

New and updated wallet is out

Check this https://twitter.com/daWallet_/status/774940129563664388

Go download it

Nice to see the crazy markets on BURST

Hoping to see at 1m market cap and at over 150 sats

Good LUCK BURSTERS Smiley
Norfolk

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 10:46:57 AM

this is great news, developing is alive keep up good work !
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:21:37 PM

Hi everybody

Kind regards

To get answers you're looking for, the best place to post the question is in the BURST official forums... http://forums.burst-team.us

Also, here's a link to the new OP with updated links on it and more active participants....

Do you no longer have access to the OP account? No wonder people are still on 1.2.3, that's still the wallet linked in the OP

Is it laziness or just pure incompetence from the BURST team that this hasn't been updated?

Edit: went to the new ANN, broken links to the web wallet.. so unprofessional
FrilledShark

Activity: 617

I am the signed message, without I am not

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 07:35:44 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 06:15:03 AM by FrilledShark

Hi everybody

Kind regards

Do you no longer have access to the OP account? No wonder people are still on 1.2.3, that's still the wallet linked in the OP

Is it laziness or just pure incompetence from the BURST team that this hasn't been updated?

Edit: went to the new ANN, broken links to the web wallet.. so unprofessional
The owner of the @OP (@burstcoin) was last online 08-08-2015, 09:03:03. He isn't updating the @OP and we can't get any contact with him. We know he is still alive, because he is watching our development and is updating his pool to the newest version, as well as fixing forks on his pool. We create a new @OP, owned by @Crowetic. The transfer wasn't great and somethings are missing. We encourage people to stop bumping this thread and move to the new one. It isn't perfect either, as it is passively moderated by @Crowetic.

Not very active. Please use PM or email to get a reply from me.
High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
BitcoinBus

Activity: 504

Crypto is life !

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 03:56:28 PM

Today high was 323 sat per burst Smiley Goog news for all burst holders.
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:21:59 PM

pump and dump, or something lasting? if something lasting, what is it?
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:22:52 PM

What makes this very big pump for burst? any news supporting the reason behind this pump or it is just another pump and dump.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: