Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:35:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:57:17 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 12:09:04 AM by LongAndShort

Cut the pitty party crap CH, what part of this is hard to grasp.

The communities decisions to ban you would be quite different to a censor. They would establish terms and conditions of participation. You voluntarily sign up to them. If you want to participate in this thread, you have to show respect for others. If you don't, then the comunity can use their human right of freedom of association to distance themselves from you and your conduct.

You are being a menance, we do have the right, as a whole to delete your posts in this Announcment thread until you start using it with respect and following its true purpose.
You are filling it with clutter, you wont debate fairly, you will not accept the counter arguments at all and have demonstrated you are extremely unhealthy at this time.

My heart goes out to you, however, you will not take advice from anyone and thus. That will not be resiprocated fairly until you consider pulling your head in and using the proper forums to be heard.. This is not one of them, the reason that is not clear to you already is just one of the many ammounting reasons that land you in the unhealthy catogory in my mind.

Please consider your options and i encourage you to follow the guidance given to you by people here to be heard in the appropiate way.

You can make your own thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
You can participate in a discussion at slack chat :  https://shadowproject.herokuapp.com
You can also make your own thread at the Shadow specific forum : http://talk.shadowproject.io

You failed to take note thus:

Child-harold: if you wish to participate here you will follow the small ammount of rules set by the comunity.

You will not discuss things that are on your mind here anymore (repeat them over and over and over again and not accept the answers given). You will make your own thread and ANNOUNCE them here (edit:you will be allowed to post links to respectful threads, not some loaded up hate thread) for people to go and disscuss them in the appropiate parts of this forum!

You will be respectful to your peers here and if you have questions about an update or anything else for that matter you will again, make your own thread and link to it here for discussion in the appropiate part of this forum.

This is an announcment thread, one that you are cluttering with your rants, one that you are disrespecting the entire comunity devs included with your paranoid delusions.. It will not be accepted by this comunity anymore and thus you will find your posts deleted unless you follow these simple rules and understand what Announcment means.

Call it what you will, these are the rules given to you all the same. I encourage you to try these things. Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised at how effective they are in regards to your ongoing concerns.

Fail to follow the gudlines given to you and you will have your posts deleted its that simple. The alternatives are not unfair! The fact you are unwilling to abide by simple respect shows you are not after what you say you are, or else i believe you could easily follow them to get your desired outcome.

Untill you do these things you will have your clutter delted. No need for paranoid delusions about it being something quite different. Its not rocket science. Follow the appropiate path to be heard or find yourself at a dead end here!
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:12:22 AM

code: Yes, poison.
You work like it, you often, not always,  get into discussions and you ruin them. I made one metaphorical mention of you, and you turn yourself into a victim of the hypocritical biggot named Kewde. While you ignore all other mentioned arguments.
Good night.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:02:07 PM

Upssss.... some dump enought to cut price down 50%

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:10:36 PM

Upssss.... some dump enought to cut price down 50%

Looks like someone's bot's on the fritz on polo. It's gonna hurt when the owner sees what it's done.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:35:21 AM

Uh oh...well all I can say is ill be back in 45 days to check on the status of the market. Good luck shadow people.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:39:09 AM

Uh oh...well all I can say is ill be back in 45 days to check on the status of the market. Good luck shadow people.

Uh oh?

See you then.

Good luck to you too.
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:39:45 PM

Is this ship sinking?

Whats going on?, i read about chickenstripes?, WTF?!
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:55:39 PM

Is this ship sinking?

You read child_harold's fud attempt. His claims of no mining pool existing for 3 days and a solominer are completely false. Proof can be found with the blockchain and the original thread.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:22:34 PM

Is this ship sinking?

You read child_harold's fud attempt. His claims of no mining pool existing for 3 days and a solominer are completely false. Proof can be found with the blockchain and the original thread.

I suggest you prove your point in my SDC thread (your posts here may well be deleted). Even if you are correct there is still the reduction of 20 million to 6 million and the PoW phase length reduction from 30 days to just 11. Why? Becuase of scrypt ASICs? Really?

And there is for me, and maybe others, a crisis in trust due to the fact there is still no peer review and without peer review proving innovation SDC has little value.

Wheatclove

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:36:26 PM

Is this ship sinking?

I suggest you prove your point in my SDC thread (your posts here may well be deleted). Even if you are correct there is still the reduction of 20 million to 6 million and the PoW phase length reduction from 30 days to just 11. Why? Becuase of scrypt ASICs? Really?

And there is for me, and maybe others, a crisis in trust due to the fact there is still no peer review and without peer review proving innovation SDC has little value.

You don't have to buy the coin if you don't want to, but that doesn't give you the right to spam fuddery solely based on the lack of a peer review.
There aren't any hypers in this coin, forcing people to believe demand is high, creating fomo, and that they "must buy this coin now or miss out on the investment opportunity of the century." Nobody is suggesting anyone buy this coin without doing their own research.

Peer reviews, by nature, are not supposed to be commissioned and they will come with time. Welcome to Open Source.

On one hand you claim a foul with your false claim of a solominer taking over the network for a few days in the early PoW phase.
On the other hand you claim a foul for the devs preventing solo asic miners from taking over the network.

child_harold

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:41:18 PM

Is this ship sinking?

You don't have to buy the coin if you don't want to, but that doesn't give you the right to spam fuddery solely based on the lack of a peer review. Peer reviews, by nature, are not supposed to be commissioned and they will come with time. Welcome to Open Source.

On one hand you claim a foul with your false claim of a solominer taking over the network for a few days in the early PoW phase.
On the other hand you claim a foul for the devs preventing solo asic miners from taking over the network.

Even without the solo miner there are big questions, I said.

Wheatclove

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:50:24 PM

Is this ship sinking?

You don't have to buy the coin if you don't want to, but that doesn't give you the right to spam fuddery solely based on the lack of a peer review. Peer reviews, by nature, are not supposed to be commissioned and they will come with time. Welcome to Open Source.

Your big question is why did the devs stop the PoW phase early? To protect the network from solo ASIC miners. I assume the devs didn't realise that they would draw attention from the scrypt ASICS. In order to protect the initial distribution, they ended PoW early. The coin has been advertised since then as having a max PoW supply of 6.4 million. I'm not sure why it's a big deal that the devs intended for that number to be more.

PoW is flawed in many people's opinions. There are no coins preventing people with large stores of hardware using them to disadvantage those with single CPUs and GPUs. The devs wanted to use PoS for Shadow. Only a few ways to distribute coins initially with PoS, and the devs chose to have an initial PoW phase instead of an ICO or a large genesis block with a free faucet.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:03:16 PM

- I've always found 6 million coins a much better distribution than 20 million... especially for Proof of Stake coins. I don't know why the choice was made to go from 20 to 6 but, as an investor, I like the decision. I've done the research, vetted it, and nobody is going to change my mind.

- We've already discussed if Proof of Stake becomes a corrupt/broken method of securing/ rewarding the network that the coin can go back to Proof of Work but that is a whole different topic. It can be done but has never been done by anyone to date. Many have gone PoW -> PoS, but not the reverse. If that was the case, another wrinkle to the coding of that would be to increase the coin supply. I'm not going to go into the headache of this, but more attractive rewards will be needed to entice miners to the coin for the PoW network securing.

- I donated for the peer review and I have no regrets or OCD that it hasn't been completed. More documentation is needed, maybe that is something some of us can gather for the team?!? I'm sure.

- Crypto investing is a personal battlefield in our hearts. For once we're all in control of our financial reward options and we all get emotional when we talk about our monies. Some of us have doubts with investing in some projects, some of us have peace with the due diligence we've performed on some projects. Both are fine, neither are wrong.

- Forcing one's beliefs on someone else isn't cool. And it's my choice to not listen.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:04:09 PM

Is this ship sinking?

I have actually decided to review this and will shortly posting my findings.
FACT there was never a concrete 20M Coin Supply .. you're inability to understand basic PoW/PoS hybrid mining is the issue here. Regarding the reduction of mining period and its real effect I will also review and post FACTUAL figures v.s. assumptions/speculation

^ I am with STUPID!
child_harold

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:07:06 PM

Is this ship sinking?

Your big question is why did the devs stop the PoW phase early? To protect the network from solo ASIC miners. I assume the devs didn't realise that they would draw attention from the scrypt ASICS. In order to protect the initial distribution, they ended PoW early. The coin has been advertised since then as having a max PoW supply of 6.4 million. I'm not sure why it's a big deal that the devs intended for that number to be more.

PoW is flawed in many people's opinions. There are no coins preventing people with large stores of hardware using them to disadvantage those with single CPUs and GPUs. The devs wanted to use PoS for Shadow. Only a few ways to distribute coins initially with PoS, and the devs chose to have an initial PoW phase instead of an ICO or a large genesis block with a free faucet.

Scrypt ASICs existed when SDC launched and SDCDev justified its use by saying "scrypt is tried and tested".
Even on page one you can see some comments expressing concern about the choice of scrypt.

To then act surprised when solo ASIC miners join the fun is spurious at best. Anynody can buy/rent a scrypt ASIC and I expect this was also true then.

The only pool open for pre-reg Chickenstrips (chickenstripes?) and listed on the original OP crashed hard only 30 blocks after the first 120 "fair launch" 1SDC reward blocks. Chaos IMO.

Wheatclove

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:18:03 PM

Scrypt ASICs existed when SDC launched and SDCDev justified its use by saying "scrypt is tried and tested".
Even on page one you can see some comments expressing concern about the choice of scrypt.

To then act surprised when solo ASIC miners join the fun is spurious at best. Anynody can buy/rent a scrypt ASIC and I expect this was also true then.

The only pool open for pre-reg Chickenstrips (chickenstripes?) and listed on the original OP crashed hard only 30 blocks after the first 120 "fair launch" 1SDC reward blocks. Chaos IMO.
I believe (unresearched claim) that the first scrypt ASICs started appearing in March/April of 2014. Therefore it was most profitable for these ASICs to be pointed at Litecoin well throughout the PoW phase of SDC. It was unforeseen that these ASICs would be pointed at a new coin like SDC.

After Chickenstrips goes down (as reported in the original thread), 4 new mining pools are posted with a page of the thread. So your claim of "chaos" is extremely farfetched.
dasource

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:22:30 PM

So interestingly as someone who was not around during the PoW phase of Shadow I though I would look at how things played out.

1. ~20,000,000 Supply
Firstly notice the "~" this means "approximate" .. if you calculate total # of blocks * height the MAX SUPPLY was 19,952,120 (if every block was PoW)

2. Max Height = 50,000 blocks & 8 Hours PoS Min Stake
a. It is quite clear that at block 50,000, PoW would no longer be accepted by the network.
b. It is also quite clear that after 8 hours (>500 block maturity) you can "stake" your coins.

3. Claim that "chickenstrips" was official pool and that no other pools was present
Looking at the thread I see both of these claims as false.
a. "sdcoin" gave at least 2 hours notice before the start of mining
b. chickenstrips was available for pre-reg over 70 minutes before the mining started
c. second pool was available 60 mins after launch
d. third pool was available 85 mins after launch
e. etc etc
f. numerous people post that they were able to solo mine at launch

4. The big bad "solo miner"
I see nothing to suggest that the said address is a "solo miner"... Could it have been a select group of miners? like the Chinese ASIC that everyone wispers about in BCT? Could be who knows.
Can I say with absolute certainty that this address was a "solo miner"? No ... but I can equally not say with certainty if I had not already known that the "chickenstrips" address was a pool because both addresses show the same behaviours.
The suggesting that this was a "solo miner" is just "speculation at best".

5. The effect of 1,2,3 and 4 on the Coin Supply.
Like I said earlier, I was not around during the launch so cannot speak for what the state of the network mining was however what is clear is:
a. July 30th "sdcoin" announces that Max Height is to be reduced from 50,000 to 31,000.
b. At ~30,000 Block Height the Coin Supply was roughly 6.15M
c. Therefore if the mining had lasted the original 50,000 blocks the MAX SUPPLY would have been <10M due to the effects of the hybrid PoW/PoS mining. Infact in the blocks I analysed from the last few days of mining a large % were PoS.
d. Changing the max height requires consensus ... it is a hard fork. The miners/pools voted in favour by upgrading to that version. They were not forced to.

6. Unfair launch
You can make your own decisions about if this was a unfair launch or not; I have stated the facts above without any of the nonsense or other hidden agenda.

All of this info has been taken from the original thread + inspection of the blockchain.

^ I am with STUPID!
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:42:03 PM

So interestingly as someone who was not around during the PoW phase of Shadow I though I would look at how things played out.

1. ~20,000,000 Supply
Firstly notice the "~" this means "approximate" .. if you calculate total # of blocks * height the MAX SUPPLY was 19,952,120 (if every block was PoW)

2. Max Height = 50,000 blocks & 8 Hours PoS Min Stake
a. It is quite clear that at block 50,000, PoW would no longer be accepted by the network.
b. It is also quite clear that after 8 hours (>500 block maturity) you can "stake" your coins.

3. Claim that "chickenstrips" was official pool and that no other pools was present
Looking at the thread I see both of these claims as false.
a. "sdcoin" gave at least 2 hours notice before the start of mining
b. chickenstrips was available for pre-reg over 70 minutes before the mining started
c. second pool was available 60 mins after launch
d. third pool was available 85 mins after launch
e. etc etc
f. numerous people post that they were able to solo mine at launch

I see nothing to suggest that the said address is a "solo miner"... Could it have been a select group of miners? like the Chinese ASIC that everyone wispers about in BCT? Could be who knows.
Can I say with absolute certainty that this address was a "solo miner"? No ... but I can equally not say with certainty if I had not already known that the "chickenstrips" address was a pool because both addresses show the same behaviours.

5. The effect of 1,2,3 and 4 on the Coin Supply.
Like I said earlier, I was not around during the launch so cannot speak for what the state of the network mining was however what is clear is:
a. July 30th "sdcoin" announces that Max Height is to be reduced from 50,000 to 31,000.
b. At ~30,000 Block Height the Coin Supply was roughly 6.15M
c. Therefore if the mining had lasted the original 50,000 blocks the MAX SUPPLY would have been <10M due to the effects of the hybrid PoW/PoS mining. Infact in the blocks I analysed from the last few days of mining a large % were PoS.
d. Changing the max height requires consensus ... it is a hard fork. The miners/pools voted in favour by upgrading to that version. They were not forced to.

6. Unfair launch
You can make your own decisions about if this was a unfair launch or not; I have stated the facts above without any of the nonsense or other hidden agenda.

All of this info has been taken from the original thread + inspection of the blockchain.

The distribution of SDC looks really fair compared to a lot of other coins. Hard to figure how some people find red flags in almost everything, but no one ever said Crypto wasn't a risky venture. You can't make money without  volatility. Wish I would have discovered this coin sooner, but I was operating with tunnel vision at the time.
I look at current prices as a great opportunity to stake a position. I believe SDC has a good chance of making it into the top 5 or 10 coins in the near future. Certainly better odds of turning a few bucks into a fortune than you will have with most investments in your lifetime...

http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/

Those who are worried about the risks should find something more productive to do with their time instead of harping on paranoia.
child_harold

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:42:40 PM

6. Unfair launch

What can I say?

The address being debated:
http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/address/SYnHd6uBbbiXitR235TTysjqLRiRDxFbZ8

1.No tx's to connect the alleged solo mining addy to a known mining pool (good) addy
2 Actually the suspiciosu addy demonstartes diff behaviour fom a pool addy since it does not give out regular payouts and the balance only grows (thats why i got suspicious in the 1st place)
3 Could have been Chinese guys? OK

4 thanks for your honesty. as I have read twice from your post  above you were not there in the beginning. Noted.

dasource

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:55:58 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 06:23:10 PM by dasource

6. Unfair launch

What can I say?

The address being debated:
http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/address/SYnHd6uBbbiXitR235TTysjqLRiRDxFbZ8

1.No tx's to connect the alleged solo mining addy to a known mining pool (good) addy
2 Actually the suspiciosu addy demonstartes diff behaviour fom a pool addy since it does not give out regular payouts and the balance only grows (thats why i got suspicious in the 1st place)
3 Could have been Chinese guys? OK

4 thanks for your honesty. as I have read twice from your post  above you were not there in the beginning. Noted.

If you think I posted the above for you, you are clearly misguided. I could care less what you think or pretend to know because clearly you disregard everything that does not fit your "deluded mindset".

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and leave like you said you was going to half a dozen times.
You have your own thread which is full of your delusion and lies; so go and enjoy your lonely existence.

^^ In response to the nonsense your posted on your own thread about me doing an investigation "in order to restore faith" .. I did the investigation to provide facts and by doing so proved you pretend to understand something you clearly do not. Like your imaginary developer Ivan and your sock puppet accounts you use to bump your own thread.

^ I am with STUPID!
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: