Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 [976] 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 07:21:13 PM

@sandiman

Noone is selling and that goes on for weeks. When someone wants to buy 20k XMR market shakes and price rise. In last 24h were 3 such buys. There will be many more next days.

You could call Monero Whale Marketmaker a Ring CT. If you want.

Monero is not Ethereum where are 82 million coins and there will be flood of them in upcoming years. Moneros will be rare.

let's talk about it again in few days  Cheesy

Just look last 2 months. beside 2 days when all alts had lots volume because of ETH, the rest days have relatively low volume for Monero. Price is to low that sellers would part from them. Moreno is in strong hands.  

Everything have price. So it also have Monero. If Monero will reach that price in next few days we will also see some increased volume. But i doubt that will happen. But who knows.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:19:06 PM

...Moreno is in strong hands.  

Everything have price. So it also have Monero. If Monero will reach that price in next few days we will also see some increased volume. But i doubt that will happen. But who knows.

The 16% overnight gain was enough to shake a few out.  As BTC declines, the fiat-break-evens for XMR miners go up, denominated in BTC.  We are probably pretty close right now.  I am guessing most of the 100k or so shaken loose on the intraday spike was held-back mining stock which was waiting for a profitable sale price.  When that is gone, it is gone.  Until it is gone, we can't see the price of which you speak, since it is higher, lost in a sea of mining liquidity.

A question for those who watch:  Any evidence of rising short interest?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:46:44 PM

Oh, I do love the dumps.  So long and thanks for the monero.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:20:53 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 11:05:50 PM by Dotto

I have sold a nice chunk of my stash. To me it feels a little overbought and Im waiting for a shiny correction (28-33 area) but who knows... If we are going moon its ok too.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:27:14 PM

I have sell almost 30% of my stash. To me it feels a little overbought and Im waiting for a nice correction (28-33 area) but who knows... If we are going moon its ok too.

I understand that english is not you first language so here is a friendly lesson. Smiley

You should say "I have sold" instead of "I have sell".  Sold is the past tense.

Even though I don't trade now I appreciate your posts because your predictions have been quite good.  I will assume you are talking about the relatively short term I won't have to consider a significant upturn for btc.  Given that, I think a correction to 28-33 is slim.  The voices in my head give 33 a possibility.  My voices vs your knowledge Grin

We just touched the 5K/19btc sell wall @ 0.00385200, popcorn. Cool

Edit: Before I could heat my popcorn the wall was bought  Wink
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:44:32 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 12:16:52 AM by aminorex

I have sold a nice chunk of my stash. To me it feels a little overbought and Im waiting for a shiny correction (28-33 area) but who knows... If we are going moon its ok too.

Not so overbought that it can't hold the levels, I think, or even rise significantly from here.  We've all seen it before.  Whether it is happening again at any given moment is always an open question.  When I look at supply and demand (albeit through a dark lens - you never know what is waiting on the sidelines) it seems likely to wander up for a while yet, which is consistent with the fundamental context of falling BTCUSD and crashing DASH.

Anyhow, it's good to sell on strength in small-cap instruments, so I am happy you found a comfortable exit for that fraction.  Personally, I look forward to the day when I can buy gold and productive real estate with XMR directly, without transiting the BTC-sphere.  That's my comfortable exit ramp.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:37:01 AM

Warz will start dumping any time now. Bear in mind we are now in his selling zone.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:57:14 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 05:47:09 AM by aminorex

Warz will start dumping any time now. Bear in mind we are now in his selling zone.
Given the number of coins moved, do you think he has any left?

Y'all are unduly pessimistic.  This is not a high price. 2/3 of the initial emission are already gone, distributed.  Try to mine some XMR and tell me how long to pay for your gpu.

I think someone tried to short and they got squeezed. That is price Discovery. there is just too much demand and not enough Supply for the market to support a lower price. As long as 20K buyers come in on a regular basis and remove Supply we are not going to be able to retrace. One day it will turn bearish. Probably after a significant overshoot. Today is not that day. This price is not that price.

And my bullishness is not because of the long-term value of Monero. Any present value discounting which deemed that the adoption of Monero in darknetmarkets was anything but a tail risk would be a multiple of the current valuation. My bullishness for the short-term is because of supply and demand. I admit that the evidence is limited and the error bars are huge but the best evidence is that we are currently visiting the central tendency of supply and demand curves.

Once demand flags a corrective retracement is possible. So far demand has been uninterrupted since the ides of May. Moreover the conditions are right for XMR to rise because the cost of XMR is not denominated in BTC. It is denominated in kilowatt hours. And as long as it keeps requiring more BTC to pay for that energy the BTC price will fluctuate favorably.

If the clearing price has risen 8% (in kilowatt hours) in the past month, it is probably because about 0.9% of the float has been removed from the market into reserves.  That can hardly be surprising, given the bfx flap.  I know that the event prompted me to reduce my market making stake, as it forced me to revisit the agent risk problem consciously.

Some targets for XMR assuming price stability in kWh, at us$2.20, depending on how far the btc bear goes:. Btc@$537 -> xmr@412k; btc@$444 -> xmr@500k.

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 08:43:46 AM

@sandiman

Noone is selling and that goes on for weeks. When someone wants to buy 20k XMR market shakes and price rise. In last 24h were 3 such buys. There will be many more next days.

You could call Monero Whale Marketmaker a Ring CT. If you want.

Monero is not Ethereum where are 82 million coins and there will be flood of them in upcoming years. Moneros will be rare.

let's talk about it again in few days  Cheesy

Just look last 2 months. beside 2 days when all alts had lots volume because of ETH, the rest days have relatively low volume for Monero. Price is to low that sellers would part from them. Moreno is in strong hands.  

Monero strong hands dumping their XMR to short coverer and fresh blood
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:13:50 AM

Y'all are unduly pessimistic.  This is not a high price. 2/3 of the initial emission are already gone, distributed.  Try to mine some XMR and tell me how long to pay for your gpu.

I think someone tried to short and they got squeezed. That is price Discovery. there is just too much demand and not enough Supply for the market to support a lower price. As long as 20K buyers come in on a regular basis and remove Supply we are not going to be able to retrace. One day it will turn bearish. Probably after a significant overshoot. Today is not that day. This price is not that price.

And my bullishness is not because of the long-term value of Monero. Any present value discounting which deemed that the adoption of Monero in darknetmarkets was anything but a tail risk would be a multiple of the current valuation. My bullishness for the short-term is because of supply and demand. I admit that the evidence is limited and the error bars are huge but the best evidence is that we are currently visiting the central tendency of supply and demand curves.

Once demand flags a corrective retracement is possible. So far demand has been uninterrupted since the ides of May. Moreover the conditions are right for XMR to rise because the cost of XMR is not denominated in BTC. It is denominated in kilowatt hours. And as long as it keeps requiring more BTC to pay for that energy the BTC price will fluctuate favorably.

If the clearing price has risen 8% (in kilowatt hours) in the past month, it is probably because about 0.9% of the float has been removed from the market into reserves.  That can hardly be surprising, given the bfx flap.  I know that the event prompted me to reduce my market making stake, as it forced me to revisit the agent risk problem consciously.

Some targets for XMR assuming price stability in kWh, at us$2.20, depending on how far the btc bear goes:. Btc@$537 -> xmr@412k; btc@$444 -> xmr@500k.

Strong bearish signal.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:08:10 PM

Strong bearish signal.
Meanwhile, the pattern of higher highs and higher lows continues uninterrupted, heading for the fourth month.

The trend ain't bent yet.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:11:00 PM

A bit late as I see the aminorex has replied but since I composed it I will post it.

Strong bearish signal.

You keep saying that and the price keeps going up. 

My opinion is that the 100k 300k or so of large dumps were caught pretty nicely so far, but sucked most of the demand out of the system.  If there were any supply, we would be way lower.  I consider this bullish, because the demand will come back, while the supply will not - because it just doesn't exist.  The only way it can go down is for the holders to become pessimistic about the future or optimistic about prospects of short gains.  And its a bit late for the later, at this point.

I suspect that the exchanges will lose at least half of their XMR holdings when the GUI is officially released.  That's also roughly equivalent to reducing the float by half, and should result in a 4x rise in market clearing levels.

My intention is to accumulate below 0026, distribute above 0032, over the next week or two.  Wider spreads than usual.  Volatility should favor traders over holders for the short term.

Very bearish post.

Price here was the mid 260s.

Don't worry sooner or later you will be correct.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:20:28 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 12:33:31 PM by aminorex

The fresh blood in the streets right now is the blood of the bull-gored shorts. Such joys do not last forever, but I am going to gasp the heady, blood-dimmed smell of whirling victory as our enemies are driven before us, their women lamenting, ours ullulating in triumph, for as long as this harvest bough is greening. The sinews of their dead will bind our spearheads; their femurs will beat the drums of our relentless advance; the gold of their melted fillings will feed our hungry bullet molds; the burning of their attack ships off the shoulder of Orion will fuel our C-beams glittering in the dark at the Tannhäuser Gate.

And that, Sir, is how we rhetoric.

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:39:20 PM

The fresh blood in the streets right now is the blood of the bull-gored shorts. Such joys do not last forever, but I am going to gasp the heady, blood-dimmed smell of whirling victory as our enemies are driven before us, their women lamenting, ours ullulating in triumph, for as long as this harvest bough is greening. The sinews of their dead will bind our spearheads; their femurs will beat the drums of our relentless advance; the gold of their melted fillings will feed our hungry bullet molds; the burning of their attack ships off the shoulder of Orion will fuel our C-beams glittering in the dark at the Tannhäuser Gate.

And that, Sir, is how we rhetoric.

I can totaly understand your joy, dumping your monero on the high of the trading range in form since 2015 (that has extremely low probabilities to be broken upward on that move looking at the tape) represents some nice benefits + nice possibilities to considerably increase your holding (x2 at least ?).

looks like TrueCryptonaire reverse indicators on your bullish comments might again prove to be correct soonish.
birr

Activity: 868
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:45:12 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 01:01:59 PM by birr

Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women
The Wizard: Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary

One of these days I'll have to watch that movie.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:54:54 PM

looks like TrueCryptonaire reverse indicators on your bullish comments might again prove to be correct soonish.

He was so many times wrong in this thread. But yes he made tons of posts so is hard not to be wrong.

Last 2 days Monero price increase for 16%. It is unlikely to expect it will raise another 16% in next 2 days.

But who knows. We will see in next 2 days.

Like TrueCryptonaire used to say. I dont bother much with price since have nothing to sell anytime soon.
Mike8

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:58:26 PM

Like TrueCryptonaire used to say. I dont bother much with price since have nothing to sell anytime soon.

Maybe it's true, but still.. you can't argue that a steady grow always looks nice, whether you want to sell or not (yet).
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:09:32 PM

I can totaly understand your joy, dumping your monero on the high
In fact, I own the same number of XMR today as I did in May, +/-10%, I would own more, except that I consider my current share to be a rational limit.  I have to sell some at highs, in order to provide liquidity, but I can no longer book my gains in XMR, over the long run.  I only do that when price is low.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:21:18 PM

He was so many times wrong in this thread. But yes he made tons of posts so is hard not to be wrong.

Last 2 days Monero price increase for 16%. It is unlikely to expect it will raise another 16% in next 2 days.

But who knows. We will see in next 2 days.

Basically every time my posts are right.
To claim it will drop 10-20 % doesn't imply it will not rise after that even higher.
The logic behind the reverseness of Aminorex is that he pumps the price up by being bullish so that he can release some of his bags which he bought initially when the price was 0.001 1 year ago. The amounts of coins even a small number of bitcoins was able to buy were completely different so he must have pretty heavy bags.
Bear in mind, also we have Warz here who is probably lurking now and looking for an opportunity to unload some sweetness on the community from his plastic bags.

Even now we might say Monero has crashed - it used to cost 0.004 btc a few hours ago but currently merely 0.0038, so it has dropped 5 % from the peak.
However, I am not personally concerned these short term movements and yes, no Moneros have been sold by me despite I am a short term bear.  Wink
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:45:57 PM

Trading range has been 95+% from 1.80 to 2.20 USD, for a fairly long while.  I doubt it can go as low as 1.80 any longer, though.  That would take us all the way back to lows last seen...yesterday...which would be too terrible to contemplate, and hence impossible.

Pages: « 1 ... 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 [976] 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: