Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Erik Goff

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:45:53 PM

Well guys... hmm, some weekend so far, eh?  Never a dull moment 'round here in crypto-land LOL

As a little distraction from this Great Halloween ALT Massacre Of 2016™ just thought I'd throw this out there for something to think about...

1. Bitcoin back on the rise as the Belle Of The Ball, again, and alt-coin money flowing back to the Mothership? 

2. Thus maybe new ATH coming soon for Honey Badger on the strength of Chinese Yuan devaluation yet again and/or maybe finally finally finally SOME break of the block-size stalemate, chinese miners actually maybe gonna make the move to BU???

3. Number #1 and #2 maybe leading to Winki ETF approval (soon™?) and thus mega-epic flow of Wall Street Money into bitcoin, market cap quickly going from 10 Billion to conservatively maybe 50 Billion?

4. Pirate Party in Iceland possibly on the verge of winning political power this weekend, on partial strength of their policy to make Bitcoin an "official" currency of a real, honest to God, actual country's legal government?

5. Number #3 50 Billion Market Cap and #4 about Bitcoin in Iceland leading to implementation of Speculative Attack (http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/speculative-attack/) and HyperBitcoinization (http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/hyperbitcoinization/) scenario...?

Anyone seeing this play out this way or am I just in fantasyland yet again? LOL

I respectfully believe you are in fantasyland.  When the article about hyperbitcoinization was written, that was the time when we didn't realize yet that bitcoin was not as anonymous as it could be, and the prevalent idea was that 'there could be only one'.
Nowadays we can shapeshift a bitcoin in any other shape we want, and therefore i think that eventually people will loose interest in bitcoin itself and move on to other forms of money that better suit the purpose of the person holding it. Why would people in iceland keep their value in bitcoin and not in monero?

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:53:06 PM

Monero will be down until February, 2017. One of the biggest crypto market has Monero closed until January 2017, so I guess every investor will take 'a break' from this currency until then. Starting from February, we'll start seeing higher rates. Now it's going down.

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:54:11 PM

I respectfully believe you are in fantasyland... Why would people in keep their value in bitcoin and not in monero?

Okay so add item 4.5 to my list in the middle there between 4 and 5 :

4.5 Pirate Party in Iceland adopts MONERO (in addition to, or maybe even instead of?) Bitcoin...

...so that the Speculative Attack scenario even includes XMR taking on BTC and still leading to HyperMoneroIzation scenario!

Maybe THAT is more likeable to the forum thread here?  

After all this is the Monero Speculation board not bitcoin spec board... heh heh... sorry about that Smiley

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:29:21 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2016, 09:54:42 PM by ArticMine

I can not imagine that anyone is surprised with the nosedive in prices. Zcash is obviously going to dominate the anon coins even though it has a lot of issues. This goes to show you that marketing > technology for alt coins. I will be waiting for what I feel is the bottom and probably buying up some XMR for long term. This coin has a good dev team and solid technology behind it...just lacks the obvious GUI and marketing.

My guess is .005 is the bottom.

Maybe in a few months. The reality today is its current market cap is 1.37 million USD and falling and it is ranked number 67 in market cap. Now how many "anon" coins have a higher marketcap?

Edit: All "marketing" has done for ZCash is create a mega bear market. Those who listened to the marketers, never a good idea in any case, were fed to some very hungry bears.  

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:58:58 PM

Monero will be down until February, 2017. One of the biggest crypto market has Monero closed until January 2017, so I guess every investor will take 'a break' from this currency until then. Starting from February, we'll start seeing higher rates. Now it's going down.

Does you mean Monero Market which was open for only a few weeks and did not have a sale because it was so new?
CiscoStud

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:02:42 PM

Any news on the GUI release date???
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 10:13:04 PM

I can not imagine that anyone is surprised with the nosedive in prices. Zcash is obviously going to dominate the anon coins even though it has a lot of issues. This goes to show you that marketing > technology for alt coins. I will be waiting for what I feel is the bottom and probably buying up some XMR for long term. This coin has a good dev team and solid technology behind it...just lacks the obvious GUI and marketing.

My guess is .005 is the bottom.

Maybe in a few months. The reality today is its current market cap is 1.37 million USD and falling and it is ranked number 67 in market cap. Now how many "anon" coins have a higher marketcap?

Edit: All "marketing" has done for ZCash is create a mega bear market. Those who listened to the marketers, never a good idea in any case, were fed to some very hungry bears.  

ZEC will not even have full rewards for 30+ days. I think trying to price it currently is impossible. Give it a few weeks and I bet it has a pretty large market cap (not that I really judge coins by that).
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:24:28 PM

ZEC will not even have full rewards for 30+ days. I think trying to price it currently is impossible. Give it a few weeks and I bet it has a pretty large market cap (not that I really judge coins by that).

In a few months maybe. My initial thought was 6 - 9 months. What I did not take into account was the horrid combination of a very sophisticated marketing campaign with the ultra slow initial emission. What this has done is hurt Zcash; however it has not changed the reality that ZCash is not a real competitor to Monero until it can muster a valid market capitalization based upon a realistic valuation of the individual tokens. In the meantime a lot can happen with Monero.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 10:26:26 PM

In a few months maybe. My initial thought was 6 - 9 months. What I did not take into account was the horrid combination of a very sophisticated marketing campaign with the ultra slow initial emission. What this has done is hurt Zcash; however it has not changed the reality that ZCash is not a real competitor to Monero until it can muster a valid market capitalization based upon a realistic valuation of the individual tokens. In the meantime a lot can happen with Monero.

All that matters is the hype and marketing. No one really uses alt coins for anything other than speculation. It will be interesting to watch either way!
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:28:25 PM

Any news on the GUI release date???

The GUI is currently being tested and debugged. How long this will take is very hard to predict because of the nature of software development. A good place to follow progress on the GUI is https://github.com/monero-project/monero-core.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:32:58 PM

All that matters is the hype and marketing. No one really uses alt coins for anything other than speculation. It will be interesting to watch either way!

Over the short term maybe. Over the long term it matters zilch. What really matters is fundamentals.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:37:04 PM

I use Monero in just about every instance that I can (spend it using XMR.to), because I value the additional privacy benefits. I don't like the spying that banks and BTC companies do on your purchasing habits. This is a real world use case, right now. I agree there are a lot of people just speculating, but it's not everyone.  Smiley

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 02:34:02 AM

I did not mean this quickly  Tongue

Now, it is extremely oversold.

Well shame that I had other business to not catch the dip (but good that I withdrew my higher bids upon recommendation).

The market action seems negative nevertheless, and the attraction of 0.004 even more clearer.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 06:03:31 AM

I think it is prudent to waite to which level Zcash will settle and then buy some. I am pretty confident it will be valuable as well - it might even gain official currency status somewhere. The stength of Zcash is its community. Only the super pumped price prevents me from buying some.

For Monero, it is a currency for everyday people and probably chosen by drug dealers and drug addicts. Monero is a decent currency but I am afraid the Zcash has done things better. No, tech is not the most important thing and as we can see from the current system, Zcash type of solution with the brightest minds probably in the world + supposedly a lot of money backing is a way to success, but as I said, personally I would waite until the price settles somewhere and not to go all in. Buying just some in case of it will overtake Monero.

Somebody asked about the GUI, it will probably not be released any time soon (might be that the developers need to rebuy before the release).
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 09:21:26 AM

2. Thus maybe new ATH coming soon for Honey Badger on the strength of Chinese Yuan devaluation yet again and/or maybe finally finally finally SOME break of the block-size stalemate, chinese miners actually maybe gonna make the move to BU???

Don't be retarded. It's only victims of dunning kruger who actually think BU have something to offer.

Fortuntaly most miners are technical and understand how much BU sucks.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 09:27:53 AM

Monero recover quite good yesterday but I think it fall under yestardays lows..
I wonder what will happen when zcash will be implemented by any darkmarkets or so  Huh

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 09:33:36 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 10:57:59 AM by Jungian

Well guys... hmm, some weekend so far, eh?  Never a dull moment 'round here in crypto-land LOL

As a little distraction from this Great Halloween ALT Massacre Of 2016™ just thought I'd throw this out there for something to think about...

1. Bitcoin back on the rise as the Belle Of The Ball, again, and alt-coin money flowing back to the Mothership?  

3. Number #1 and #2 maybe leading to Winki ETF approval (soon™?) and thus mega-epic flow of Wall Street Money into bitcoin, market cap quickly going from 10 Billion to conservatively maybe 50 Billion?

4. Pirate Party in Iceland possibly on the verge of winning political power this weekend, on partial strength of their policy to make Bitcoin an "official" currency of a real, honest to God, actual country's legal government?

5. Number #3 50 Billion Market Cap and #4 about Bitcoin in Iceland leading to implementation of Speculative Attack (http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/speculative-attack/) and HyperBitcoinization (http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/hyperbitcoinization/) scenario...?

Anyone seeing this play out this way or am I just in fantasyland yet again? LOL

I respectfully believe you are in fantasyland.  When the article about hyperbitcoinization was written, that was the time when we didn't realize yet that bitcoin was not as anonymous as it could be, and the prevalent idea was that 'there could be only one'.
Nowadays we can shapeshift a bitcoin in any other shape we want, and therefore i think that eventually people will loose interest in bitcoin itself and move on to other forms of money that better suit the purpose of the person holding it. Why would people in iceland keep their value in bitcoin and not in monero?

Except users don't seem to need more anonymity at the moment. Every day thousands of crimes that could result in long prison terms are carried out with BTC and very few, if any, arrests are made soley because of lack of anonymity of BTC.

Coinjoins and tumblers seem to work very good so far, and bitcoins anonymity is ofc, also subject to change with much work getting put in to it, and with side chains BTC can have as much anonymity as any crypto can offer.

And ofc, if you ask the authors of the author of the paper he'd stand by his words. He's no more into altcoin now than he was when he wrote the paper. And he's btw spending his time writing software to improve the fungebility of bitcoin.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 09:34:32 AM

I wonder what will happen when zcash will be implemented by any darkmarkets or so  Huh

I would be very, very surprised if any darkmarket would implement Zcash because of its investors background. Wink
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 10:18:16 AM

Just a note to the devs/team, I think if much more people would realize that the coming Ring CT on Monero mainnet is similar effective like Zerocashs Zero-Knowledge-Proof, they would know to valuate XMR higher.

One part of the XMR Ring CT paper states:

The
Ring CT protocol allows hidden amounts, origins, and destinations for
transactions which is somewhat similar to Zerocash
[BSCG+14]. One
possible differentiator is that the use of proof of work for coin generation
is possible with Ring CT as opposed to in ZeroCash, where it
seems all coins must be pregenerated by a trusted group

So Ring CT is like Zcash on Monero, but without the trusted setup.
I see it as important to inform the cryptocommunity better about this fact.
Perhaps a video would work, as far as I know there is somebody working on several videos about XMR.

So XMR with Ring CT + GUI + KOVRI > ZCash
moneyLooser

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 10:51:15 AM

I think it is prudent to waite to which level Zcash will settle and then buy some. I am pretty confident it will be valuable as well - it might even gain official currency status somewhere. The stength of Zcash is its community. Only the super pumped price prevents me from buying some.

For Monero, it is a currency for everyday people and probably chosen by drug dealers and drug addicts. Monero is a decent currency but I am afraid the Zcash has done things better. No, tech is not the most important thing and as we can see from the current system, Zcash type of solution with the brightest minds probably in the world + supposedly a lot of money backing is a way to success, but as I said, personally I would waite until the price settles somewhere and not to go all in. Buying just some in case of it will overtake Monero.

Somebody asked about the GUI, it will probably not be released any time soon (might be that the developers need to rebuy before the release).

Please just leave the XMR community and buy zcash and load your shit there. Its incredible how stupid you are, sorry!! But it is nothing you dont already know. You are running behind very hype and never take advance of it. Go buy zcash. It is cheap at the moment, it was nearly you target of 10.000$. Soon it will be 10.000$ or 500.000$!! I totally agree, so just go and buy. It will be the official world leading currency soon. Buy it now as long as it is cheap Smiley
And you with your fake accounts at reddit, polo and here. Always the same style of writing, hyping everywhere "TrueCryptonaire is such a great rich, positive and funny guy. Listen to him" This community will take so much advance if you just go to zcash.

Every day thousands of crimes that result in long prison terms are carried out with BTC and very, if any, arrests are made soley because of lack of anonymity of BTC.

Stop fucking lying. You don't help! You make looking the XMR community like a heap of stuborn idiots.

Give me 150 links of crimes carried out with BTC and result in long term prison of people who where judged gultiy on wednesday (50), thursday(50) and friday(50) last week.
Must be very easy with claimed 3000. I have not so much money but i'll give you 5 BTC if that is true! I can put it in escrow at bitcoinmagazine.

Just stop talking this dubios crazy shit here. Stop connect it with XMR. Make another thread like "Strange random theories and claims without any source"
Pages: « 1 ... 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: