Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
immeraba

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:59:14 AM

Looking for IOS version, hope bugs will be fixed.
btw, promotion on bitcointalk is not enough.

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:55:46 PM

Right now the focus is on wallet and fixing bugs, once that is complete promotion will start.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 03:34:59 PM

Right now the focus is on wallet and fixing bugs, once that is complete promotion will start.

Yes, and that's more important - especially in the mobile app sphere. Ordinary folks want a solution that's intuitive and bug-free - and GetGems is very much aimed at ordinary folks. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

cryptoknight84

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:53:46 PM

Yes, and that's more important - especially in the mobile app sphere. Ordinary folks want a solution that's intuitive and bug-free - and GetGems is very much aimed at ordinary folks. Smiley

I am anything but ordinary....

But seriously, yeah. You are right. And that is what will boost GetGemz popularity.

★☆★   CORONA.INFO   |   Dapp Development Network   |   Hybrid Proof of Participation (HPoP)    ★☆★
Mr_SeLeNiO

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:56:29 PM

What will you do? A button to "transfer to counterwallet" or something like that right?  i think thatis the best, and make a subsection inside wallet "cash out" with that button and an instructive of what to do next whether if you want to exchange the gems or just keep them on chain. And a glossary of this terms.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:10:08 AM

If people didn't know already Polinex will require name and country of residence when withdrawing funds from tomorrow. I don't know exactly how they want to confirm this or if they will even but personally I'm not hanging around to wait and see.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1065042.0

This leaves Gems without a major exchange which doesn't have some kind of problem or issue of security (BTER) etc. What are people here likely to do and should we push for another major exchange like Cryptsy to include us?
luckykitty

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:26:14 AM

If people didn't know already Polinex will require name and country of residence when withdrawing funds from tomorrow. I don't know exactly how they want to confirm this or if they will even but personally I'm not hanging around to wait and see.

This leaves Gems without a major exchange which doesn't have some kind of problem or issue of security (BTER) etc. What are people here likely to do and should we push for another major exchange like Cryptsy to include us?
But what will happen if I offer the names and country?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:45:07 AM

If its your actual details then who knows where that info can go? But i'm pretty sure tax authorities will be interested.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:56:11 AM

Nothing will happen to you but it becomes a mandatory information for a legit business that want to last.
As a customer you write any name you want but the exchange must have names on customers because it's a legal obligation.
HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:57:59 AM

If its your actual details then who knows where that info can go? But i'm pretty sure tax authorities will be interested.

Really? I cant imagine my tax authorities (Germany) will ever even consider asking polo for information. Thats definately not how tax authorities work.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:04:40 AM

Really? I cant imagine my tax authorities (Germany) will ever even consider asking polo for information. Thats definately not how tax authorities work.

A country in the EU not being interested in tax? Disagree.

I asked on the Polinex troll box and while for now you can probably get away with false names they are likely to ask for verification later. Anyway I didn't look into exchanges cause Polinex was always pretty good for me but I think I will move to Bittrex.

By the way I don't have any negative feelings toward Polinex over this, they have to do what they have to do, but I personally can choose not to hand over personal info, people are free to choose, I'm just making people aware its happening.
HKBvM

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:11:35 AM

I asked on the Polinex troll box and while for now you can probably get away with false names they are likely to ask for verification later. Anyway I didn't look into exchanges cause Polinex was always pretty good for me but I think I will move to Bittrex.

Tax authorities are not browsing the internet looking for crypto trading sites and then start asking to check if one of their 80mil inhabitants might trade there. They simply dont work that way.

I might add that I was forced to mail my id to various poker sites over the last years, some of those much more shady than poloniex. So, I am kind of used to it and I never ran into any trouble.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:18:05 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 09:32:33 AM by nextgencoin

Tax authorities are not browsing the internet looking for crypto trading sites and then start asking to check if one of their 80mil inhabitants might trade there. They simply dont work that way.

You are looking at this around the wrong way. The Tax/Financial regulators/Government aren't going around anywhere, they are simply setting the rules which means they get your info handed to them. Polinex is simply protecting its ass cause if they are registered and DON'T have this info they could be heavily fined or a lot worse, facilitating tax evasion, money laundering etc. For sure its the thin edge of the wedge but this it won't stop here, they will want proof of id pretty soon. The fact is any gain from investing is supposed to be taxed or at least should be declared for tax purposes so why are you so confident financial regulators who will see these sites as any other financial trading sites will simply not worry about your potential profits? Consider also the world we live in today where the Western world particularly in Europe is fighting Tax evasion and money laundering apparently to protect us from 'Terrorists' and sees Bitcoin as a conduit for that.

What is happening is regulated Bitcoin exchanges are opening now so they will be wanting to get rid of unregulated ones.
HKBvM

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:38:27 AM

You are looking at this around the wrong way. The Tax/Financial regulators/Government are going around anywhere, they are simply setting the rules which means they get your info handed to them. For sure its the thin edge of the wedge but this it won't stop here, they will want proof of id pretty soon. The fact is any gain from investing is supposed to be taxed or at least should be declared for tax purposes so why are you so confident financial regulators who will see these sites as any other financial trading sites will simply not worry about
 your potential profits?

I am not aware of any rules that force polo to hand my info to my tax authorities. I might be wrong here so I am happy if someone corrects me, its an important question. I dont think trading altcoin vs bitcoin is to be taxed. I am not aware of that. Taxes have to paid if you sell bitcoin/altcoin vs euro and I dont have a problem with paying taxes on that.

If I am wrong on bitcoin vs altcoin trading and taxes this changes things rather drastically.
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:52:10 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 06:11:23 PM by Mr_SeLeNiO

ios version updated, still with bugs on iphone 4,
and referral mechanism still deactivated
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:59:17 PM

This is from polo's terms:

from polo's terms:

10. BSA / FinCEN

Poloniex is registered with FinCEN as an MSB (Money Services Business), registration number 31000055869515. Poloniex may be required to file details of account activity to this organization from time to time.

11. (AML) Anti-Money Laundering & (KYC) Know Your Customer Policy

Poloniex aims to reasonably identify each user by cross-checking user data against governmental watch lists such as OFAC, as well as 3rd party identity verification and authentication services. If a user or a user’s transaction is flagged as suspicious through our internal controls, Poloniex will require additional proof of identification from the user and has the right to not permit any trades, deposits, and/or withdrawals until additional and verifiable proof of identity is received and the Compliance Officer has approved the user for use of the Platform.

By agreeing to our Terms, you acknowledge and understand that Poloniex maintains verification levels which require user participation and verification in order to obtain, with leveled permissions based on user-supplied information, our ability to verify it, and our internal policies. You accept that you may not be able to achieve a desired level of verification, and Poloniex reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the appropriate Verification Level for any user, as well as the right to downgrade users without prior notice. Poloniex may, from time to time, implement policies restricting Verification Levels by nationality, country of residence, or any other factor. This may affect your ability to withdraw funds in your account and you indemnify Poloniex against any losses associated with an inability to deposit and/or withdraw funds based on your verification level.

So yes, they can give your personal info to the gov't whenever they want.
thisisit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:10:52 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 07:40:26 PM by thisisit

smart concept. using a coin to generate a userbase for a social messaging app. indeed, the social messaging market is very crowded. with snapchat, whatsapp and all these apps.

competition is fierce to say the least.

following this with interest... 1mil wont be enough to beat snapchat or whatsapp. awesome features will.

the real value/money is in the data users exchange imho.

its build on telegram Smiley no own message exchanging service.

no access to data. unless being relayed.

any coin that makes me a profit.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:36:34 PM

This is from polo's terms:

from polo's terms:

10. BSA / FinCEN

Poloniex is registered with FinCEN as an MSB (Money Services Business), registration number 31000055869515. Poloniex may be required to file details of account activity to this organization from time to time.

11. (AML) Anti-Money Laundering & (KYC) Know Your Customer Policy

Poloniex aims to reasonably identify each user by cross-checking user data against governmental watch lists such as OFAC, as well as 3rd party identity verification and authentication services. If a user or a user’s transaction is flagged as suspicious through our internal controls, Poloniex will require additional proof of identification from the user and has the right to not permit any trades, deposits, and/or withdrawals until additional and verifiable proof of identity is received and the Compliance Officer has approved the user for use of the Platform.

By agreeing to our Terms, you acknowledge and understand that Poloniex maintains verification levels which require user participation and verification in order to obtain, with leveled permissions based on user-supplied information, our ability to verify it, and our internal policies. You accept that you may not be able to achieve a desired level of verification, and Poloniex reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the appropriate Verification Level for any user, as well as the right to downgrade users without prior notice. Poloniex may, from time to time, implement policies restricting Verification Levels by nationality, country of residence, or any other factor. This may affect your ability to withdraw funds in your account and you indemnify Poloniex against any losses associated with an inability to deposit and/or withdraw funds based on your verification level.

So yes, they can give your personal info to the gov't whenever they want.

True story, about two months ago I tried to move money from the UK to where I have been living in South Korea (hardly a terrorist state). The transfer wasn't just checked but was actually frozen and the payment I made was not honoured which actually cost me cause I lost out on a currency price. It took a while to get in touch with my bank to get some answers, they told me because the amount was over 5,000 pounds which is around $7,000. I wasn't helped I was basically roughly accused by some kid on the phone about my personal beliefs and if I held extremist views and what MY money was being used for. I was basically threatened that IF I didn't answer the questions I wouldn't be able to unfreeze MY money. Personally I didn't take any shit but I imagine most would of been nervous from this kid on the phone. So cut a long story short we are clearly moving into a time of capital controls, what could anyone do with $7,000 these days, it wouldn't even buy you a car, so my perfectly legally account is frozen for what is for the average guy a couple of months wages. BS on the Terrorist stuff, thats just how they shoehorn this kind of stuff in. Next they just have to change the definition of extremist to someone who owns a large amount of Bitcoin or expresses anti government sentiments. etc...

“paranoia is just a heightened sense of awareness”

― John Lennon
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:40:31 PM

Good to see, maybe the referral system is something they just turn on from Gems end not an actual update?

With Apple slow review system Gems really shouldn't rush sending an update cause we are looking at around 2 weeks for updates to process, better to spend some time before sending than have to send twice. I hope though the bugs are minor and don't mean another update to solve.
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:19:46 PM

Good to see, maybe the referral system is something they just turn on from Gems end not an actual update?

With Apple slow review system Gems really shouldn't rush sending an update cause we are looking at around 2 weeks for updates to process, better to spend some time before sending than have to send twice. I hope though the bugs are minor and don't mean another update to solve.

yes referral mechanism is apart, doesn't need an app update, is server stuff, and the bug are not quite minor, after i enter the verification code it goes to where you must enter your new username or existent user and stays there with a dark-transparent screen and a loading animation, cant go further from there. but the app is optimized for iphone 5 and 6, so i dont know, im just saying, maybe if they fix this problems in iphone 4 wont appear in 5 and 6
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: