Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:00:54 PM

I thought you might do better with everyones million dollars in Bitcoin. Can't release an app?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:28:19 PM

I thought you might do better with everyones million dollars in Bitcoin. Can't release an app?

whats your point fudder? The app (android and ios) is out and its working... improvements on the way.
fulcare

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:02:07 PM

whats your point fudder? The app (android and ios) is out and its working... improvements on the way.

The difficult stuff in the app is not done. Easy to make a chat app and wallet, my sister can do that, everything else has problems and is too late. No one needs to fud this coin because the price already is so low.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
luckykitty

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:15:42 AM

No buy, no sell, very bad marketing.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:31:05 AM

Have you seen a business spending money on advertisement if they cannot earn anything from it ?   The project is still in alpha/beta (no airdrop yet ..)

Just wait for the full release..
fulcare

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:46:08 AM

Have you seen a business spending money on advertisement if they cannot earn anything from it ?   The project is still in alpha/beta (no airdrop yet ..)

I followed this coin from the beginning. Gems has not delivered. The plan was first to have both iOS and Android on their own software by June this year at latest. They switched to Telegram which means they didn't do any programming and still we are coming to June and still no real product. I think the truth is the advertising platform and airdrop is months and months away now. I think this coin has lost momentum, it won't do well. I am glad I sold my coins. They had half a million dollars to adapt a clone chat interface and didn't do it for nearly a year. Thats is a fail.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:04:48 AM

I followed this coin from the beginning. Gems has not delivered. The plan was first to have both iOS and Android on their own software by June this year at latest. They switched to Telegram which means they didn't do any programming and still we are coming to June and still no real product. I think the truth is the advertising platform and airdrop is months and months away now. I think this coin has lost momentum, it won't do well. I am glad I sold my coins. They had half a million dollars to adapt a clone chat interface and didn't do it for nearly a year. Thats is a fail.

Have you ever seen a crypto project that delivered on time ? Don't tell me you are surprised..  Just look at this as an opportunity to buy cheap..
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:11:06 AM

No shit, because the app is not ready yet. Its attention economy where many look forward to including bitcoiners is not ready yet. You want to have a working polished product before marketing it.

From r/bitcoin

if this app wasn't exciting then other projects wouldn't follow getGems path, from CoinDesk:

Reveal aims to monetize through a similar strategy as the messaging service GetGems

but the thing is that getGems is the very first that came up with the idea and we know how important it is in being the first to innovate here.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:58:47 PM

I see that you now can send dollar, like type $10 and send, how does this work, is this $10 dollars in bitcoin? Does the other person receive bitcoin, i guess so right?
I don't see that.
But, when you send Gems, the icon you tap to send is the gem icon, and BTC, it's the bitcoin icon. What icon do you see when you type in $1? I still just get the normal text send button.
Just type the amount with $ sign after it, like 10$ and the icon on the rigth will turn into $, pretty cool.

We will add that you are able to type 10$ or $10.
The fiat amount is converted to btc for now.

I think the "send" icon then should be the bitcoin then, not a $... so you know which currency/coin you are sending.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:40:34 PM

@ Daniel, do you think it's possible to add a feature like Shapeshift into GetGems where users can swap Gems to Bitcoin and Bitcoin to Gems? Maybe in cooperation with shapeshift themselves? I think this would be a powerful feature. You can swap Bitcoin to Gems for buying ads and Gems to Bitcoin for other needs.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:21:18 PM

Quite a powerful endorsement.

https://twitter.com/getgemsorg/with_replies?lang=en-gb
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:49:11 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 08:09:12 PM by Netnox

Now this is what i'm talking about when i mention introducing this app outside the Crypto community, as you see for those who are not familiar with this wonderful technology this app is pretty amazing. Just saw their website and it seems pretty big http://www.citimobilechallenge.com/index.php

They haven't even seen the main feature of this app yet. A good start for this app and hopefully this is the beginning of a bright feature of GetGems and also more partnerships and recognition like these.

“We are excited to be a part of the next phase in the Citi Mobile Challenge and look forward to continuing our development with the financial sector leadership of Citi.” said GetGems CEO.

Nice to see this kind of progress.

On a side note i actually like the Gems logo on that banner, well done GetGems.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:57:45 PM

Well done!
I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:48:18 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 11:18:31 PM by I am the guy

How long does it take to receive gemz on the iOS app? I bought some on shapeshift using receive gems function on the app. its been like 30 mins.. Huh

reRaise

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:31:31 AM

How long does it take to receive gemz on the iOS app? I bought some on shapeshift using receive gems function on the app. its been like 30 mins.. Huh

I think the speed of Gems for on chain transactions is like bitcoins speed and within the app they are instant.

reRaise

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:32:17 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 09:18:16 AM by reRaise

@ Daniel, do you think it's possible to add a feature like Shapeshift into GetGems where users can swap Gems to Bitcoin and Bitcoin to Gems? Maybe in cooperation with shapeshift themselves? I think this would be a powerful feature. You can swap Bitcoin to Gems for buying ads and Gems to Bitcoin for other needs.

I think this would be a useful feature would like to know aswell about the possibilities.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:12:14 AM

I think this would be a useful feature would like to know aswell about the possibilities.

Surely just knowing the shape shift site exists for now? I mean a simple link to the shape shift page would in theory make everything user friendly. It would be good to include it in the app (though might clutter it) but that seems like a feature for further down the line once we get other things in place?

I don't understand coding, but does this show shape shift is open source? Their whole website seems to suggest they want others to integrate their system on your wallet/site etc.  

https://shapeshift.io/api.html#shift-conduit

https://shapeshift.io/affiliate.html
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:50:23 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 05:23:06 PM by Netnox

Surely just knowing the shape shift site exists for now? I mean a simple link to the shape shift page would in theory make everything user friendly. It would be good to include it in the app (though might clutter it) but that seems like a feature for further down the line once we get other things in place?

I don't understand coding, but does this show shape shift is open source? Their whole website seems to suggest they want others to integrate their system on your wallet/site etc.  

"The ShapeShift API gives developers a multitude of ways to integrate our instant altcoin exchange services into wallets, websites and much more. For those developers looking for an partner/commission opportunity, Shapeshift now offers our affiliate program. Below, you may sign-up for affiliate order-tracking keys so that ShapeShift can track volume associated with your API calls."

It seems possible, i think this feature combined into a mobile app like GetGems will be pretty handy. I'm not coder aswell but would be nice if the team looks into it. Also i noticed Erik voorhees is Shapeshifts CEO, he joined one of the GetGems groups a while ago in the app.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Shapeshift but such platform is an example of what i mean buy easy coin conversion instead of people doing the hassle of making accounts on exchanges on different websites. I think this idea would attract many people inside the Crypto place aswell since majority of them just wants Bitcoin as an exit which GetGems would provide in a easy way in a simple app, this would mean that these people would need to use GetGems more often and be pretty active to earn Gems through rewards which is in it's favour of GetGems and of course there are others that would swap Bitcoin to Gems to advertise and other useful stuff.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:10:43 PM

"The ShapeShift API gives developers a multitude of ways to integrate our instant altcoin exchange services into wallets, websites and much more. For those developers looking for an partner/commission opportunity, Shapeshift now offers our affiliate program. Below, you may sign-up for affiliate order-tracking keys so that ShapeShift can track volume associated with your API calls."

It seems possible, i think this feature combined into a mobile app like GetGems will be pretty handy. I'm not coder aswell but would be nice if the team looks into it. Also i noticed Erik voorhees is Shapeshifts CEO, he joined one of the GetGems groups a while ago in the app.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Shapeshift but such platform is an example of what i mean buy easy coin conversion instead of people doing the hassle of making accounts on exchanges on different websites. I think this idea would attract many people inside the Crypto place aswell since majority of them just wants Bitcoin as an exit which GetGems would provide in a easy way in a simple app, this would mean that these people would need to use GetGems more often and be pretty active to earn Gems through rewards which is in it's favour of GetGems and of course there are others that would swap Bitcoin to Gems to advertise and other useful stuff.

Agreed, adding this feature using Shapeshift is something we are looking into.
Mr_SeLeNiO

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:39:40 PM

Agreed, adding this feature using Shapeshift is something we are looking into.

i think a lot of us prefer poloniex, maybe you can use both options, poloniex pays more per gem, there's a 1000 satoshis of difference, i think that in high quantities is a lot
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: