Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221102 times)
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:53:17 PM

Okay thanks for this, I was thinking that it was a code red on cann.

I have been sending you messages all day on twitter and pm to sign up before registration closes.
Can you respond please so that I can get in on time?

Thank you

Apologies, just getting round to everyone

Check your messages

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:59:24 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 04:45:06 PM by RyanPumper

22 Oct
Total return: 219%
Coins: XCASH, BOOM

Trading isn’t about being right or wrong; it’s about making money. Taking a loss is part of the process. You will have some percentage of losses; you just need to make sure that your losses are smaller than your wins. Don’t be like the average trader who is prone to believing that what has happened in the past is likely to persist. Just because a particular coin provided opportunity for large profit in the past doesn’t mean it is ‘still’ a good investment. When traders are making money because they are greedy and fearless, which is typically after a large price rise, doing the opposite is always a good idea.

XCASH

Brilliant team behind XCASH. This coin has seen a high level of volume for some time now which is a clear indicator on the longevity of this coin.

As an active participant in these markets, I have my fingers in a few pies at all times. XCASH is one of said pies.

Though I often lowball my way into trades to make quick and excessive profits from market corrections – that method is a mere hack and something that can be done at will. It doesn’t require much intelligence or skill other than realising that sell resistance moves along with prices. The higher the price soars, the greater the sell resistance becomes as more traders pile orders onto the sell side. Thus –  when prices drop – sell resistance follows suit. Literally: What goes up, must come back down – and then back up again. It’s a very profitable cycle

Playing market corrections isn’t rocket science at all.

However, when it comes to skill and the proper execution of trades.... I always say that if you can’t enter and exit a market via the sell side, then you aren’t taking the most optimal trades – and if you are, then you aren’t taking full advantage of these optimal trades.

Too often I see this blasé attitude when people talk about “dumping out” of a coin as if it is something to be proud of. That isn’t proper trading practice.

The only time you are to exit via the buy side is when something has gone critically wrong or when you have fluffed your way into a bad trade and are trying to cut your loss short.

People who are fond of taking profits prematurely are very familiar with exiting markets via the buy side – however, this handicaps your growth as a trader and prevents you from seeing each move through to its end and making huge home-run profits instead of 20% gains here and there.

I bought into XCASH as all of my price alerts for upward movement began to sound off after the coin had been in a period of consolidation, so I knew that I was on the cusp of a very profitable move.

I scaled into my position, placing more size on the plate as more traders began to flood in scooping up buy walls with little effort.

There was a stream of recent trades = good market momentum.

Light sell resistance = moon.

Good trading volume = novice trader magnet.

I have said this before and would like to reiterate; skilled traders only make money because novice traders won’t stop making the same mistakes over and over again. So with that, I pose a question. What is your edge? If you can’t adequately answer that question, then it should now be clear why you have more losses than wins.  

Tip: To be successful in this market, you have to be willing to change your opinion. Most people are not willing to change their opinion. You have to be humble about your ideas. Also, it seems that most people are more afraid of making money than losing money. There is no real reason to sell your position in a coin just because it is up 20 percent. The funny thing is, if a coin is down 20 percent, an average trader will hold instead of cutting their loss. What these novice traders are really afraid of is not being right. That is why they won’t sell a coin when it is down 20 percent – because that would confirm they were wrong. You need to be able to properly manage your emotional attachment to losses and gains.

BOOM

I lowballed my way into BOOM simply because the sell resistance was so low that it wouldn’t have been reasonable for me not to dip my toe into this pool of profit.

My reluctance to buy in at market price was due to the fact that BOOM had already rallied and looked to be slumping into the early stages of a downtrend. But oddly, there wasn’t much large sell orders being placed = no blockade in front of gargantuan profits.

I put in a low order just to maximise my potential gain. I knew I would be brought into the market in no time at all as there wasn’t much in the way of buy support – so my buy order was the largest, and would provide an easy out for some novice trader who isn't able to properly read order books.

As my position became active, I noticed that other traders were now placing buy orders on the books. So I knew that there was significant interest in this market – other than from myself.

This price action caused the 24hr trading volume to surge slightly, so I knew it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the market caught on and realised how low the resistance was in BOOM.

It wasn’t long before my price alerts began to trigger, one after the other, as traders finally began to swarm the market – buying through the sell orders I had placed hours before.

This brings me back to the point I had made earlier, skilled traders only make money because novice trades will always make the same mistakes.

In crypto it pays to be early.

Tip: You need to understand why you have taken a position in a coin. If you don’t understand why you are in a trade, you won’t understand when it is the right time to sell, which means you will only sell when the price action scares you. Most of the time when price action scares you, it is a buying opportunity, not a sell indicator.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:15:24 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 10/20
Week Ending: 10/26

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now is the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks is now CLOSED

Registration opens Saturday 10/25.
Our members netted a 4,760% gain last month, and as of now are up 4,263% only two weeks into October.

We are currently moving on this weeks coins!

Happy Trading!

The Master

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

PM sent. Great advice so far!
crazyALT47

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

sell resistance moves along with prices. The higher the price soars, the greater the sell resistance becomes as more traders pile orders onto the sell side. Thus –  when prices drop – sell resistance follows suit. Literally: What goes up, must come back down – and then back up again. It’s a very profitable cycle

This price action caused the 24hr trading volume to surge slightly, so I knew it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the market caught on and realised how low the resistance was in BOOM.

It wasn’t long before my price alerts began to trigger, one after the other, as traders finally began to swarm the market – buying through the sell orders I had placed hours before.

This brings me back to the point I had made earlier, skilled traders only make money because novice trades will always make the same mistakes.

In crypto it pays to be early.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

I totally get this Ryan. I think this is where I have been going wrong with my trading. What most people in crypto tend to say is "buy the dip and sell the rip" which really doesn't help at all.

I guess you are saying the same thing but explaining it in a more digestible way so that I can actually apply your method to my own way of trading.

Up until a few days ago I had been buying in when the volume was at it's highest and when buy support was at it's highest. Which i suppose is the opposite of what I am supposed to be doing

I started with cryptos last month and am only now realizing that the entire market is rigged and that the only way to truely succeed is to be a part of some larger entity which i guess is the whole "strength in numbers" concept.

thanks for these posts i shall be cramming in what i can and will hopefully be ready to join you on saturday

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:15:24 PM

PM sent. Great advice so far!

Hey, thanks

Check your messages

I totally get this Ryan. I think this is where I have been going wrong with my trading. What most people in crypto tend to say is "buy the dip and sell the rip" which really doesn't help at all.

I guess you are saying the same thing but explaining it in a more digestible way so that I can actually apply your method to my own way of trading.

Up until a few days ago I had been buying in when the volume was at it's highest and when buy support was at it's highest. Which i suppose is the opposite of what I am supposed to be doing

I started with cryptos last month and am only now realizing that the entire market is rigged and that the only way to truely succeed is to be a part of some larger entity which i guess is the whole "strength in numbers" concept.

thanks for these posts i shall be cramming in what i can and will hopefully be ready to join you on saturday

People are always saying cliché things like "buy low, sell high" and "do the opposite of what everyone else is doing"... But they never actually say what that thing is that everyone else is doing. Probably because they are also making the same mistakes.

Like you said, most people who are new to trading will only buy in when there is a mass of buy support and the trading volume is sky high.

That is the complete opposite of proper trading etiquette.

This is the mistake that 98.99% of crypto traders make, which is why trading altcoins is so profitable right now - because it is the only market in the world where nearly 100% of the participants have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing.

Buy support indicates that people are willing to buy into a coin - but at a lower rate. The more buy support you see, the more likely it is that prices will soon plummet.

Trading volume is a mere indication of how much money has already gone into / out of a coin. If you see excessivly high trading volume and the market has a positive +100% gain - that market is already at or inching close to it's maximum capacity.

So the only thing that can happen from that point is for the money to flow out of that market and into another coin.

This is just common sense stuff.

I'll use Announcements / Updates as an example.

Lets say Coin X is releasing some type of cool new android wallet on Oct 25th - that is your major story, and advertising tool to bring in as many traders to that market as possible.

Eventually, everyone catches wind of this revolutionary android wallet that is going to be released on the 25th. So what do they do? They go and buy a whole bunch of Coin X - sparking a rally in the process.

Then all the traders who were "too smart" to buy in just because of the pending release of some revolutionary (cloned) android wallet, they start to panic buy because they "don't want to miss the ride". This causes prices to surge further.

So, we are at the 24th and every coin pumper is promoting the hell out of Coin X and this game changing Android Wallet that is to be released in 24 hrs.

Now, it's the big day. The wallet is released.. Everyone is happy. But does the price move any further? Not at all. In fact, the price is now plummeting violently - faster than it went up.

Why?

Well duhh, the entire market already bought during the run up to the 25th. So on the big day, after literally the entire community had bought into Coin X - there is no one left to buy in. Thus prices begin to stall. People begin to panic - and the whole process that i just described repeats itself on the way down.

You really do have to pay attention to the common habits in crypto and do the exact opposite.

It's the only way to stay ahead

crazyALT47

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:40:43 PM

So, we are at the 24th and every coin pumper is promoting the hell out of Coin X and this game changing Android Wallet that is to be released in 24 hrs.

Now, it's the big day. The wallet is released.. Everyone is happy. But does the price move any further? Not at all. In fact, the price is now plummeting violently - faster than it went up.

Why?

Well duhh, the entire market already bought during the run up to the 25th. So on the big day, after literally the entire community had bought into Coin X - there is no one left to buy in. Thus prices begin to stall. People begin to panic - and the whole process that i just described repeats itself on the way down.

You really do have to pay attention to the common habits in crypto and do the exact opposite.

It's the only way to stay ahead

Very useful Ryan I do suffer from this admittedly Embarrassed

This is something that I can use especially since there are things being announced and released everyday

It's just that it all makes sense on the surface when you see all the noise on twitter but after reading this its like crypto is half smoke and mirrors and half goldmine lol

looking forward to saturday

Thanks
Balkhole

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

I like your insight and been following for some months now.

Just sent you some messages about your group
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:02:30 PM

23 Oct
Total return: 202%
Coins: CND

Do more of what works and less of what doesn’t. This is unnecessary to state, but what is surprising is how many traders fail to adhere to this seemingly obvious principle. Some traders may be good at taking well thought out longer term positions, but then also take short-term trades based on whims in which they have no edge. Many traders may not even be fully aware of where they are making and losing money. One useful thing that you can do is to analyze your past trades by segmenting winners and losers. Often, such analysis will reveal patterns with certain types of trades being predominant in either the winning or losing categories. When you find that certain types of trades are making money and other types of trades are losing money then, as I advised earlier, do more of what works and less of what doesn’t.

CND

Riding the coat tails of the “Anon” and “Cannabis” phenomena, CannabisDark brings both worlds together. Which can only be a good thing.

The hard work in trading comes in the preparation. The actual process of trading, however, should be effortless. You have to let the arrow shoot itself.

In trading, whenever there is effort, force, straining, struggling, or trying, it’s wrong. The perfect trade is one that requires no effort.

This particular CND play required absolutely zero effort, making it an optimal trade as I was able to enter and exit via the sell side – typical momentum play.

There isn’t much special about this coin apart from it’s branding; bringing Anon technology and Marijuana sensationalism together and creating an unmissable opportunity for those who are in search of quick (and excessive) profit.

Tip: There are several solutions to properly defining the behaviour of the crypto market and, once you become aware of them, trading will become like operating your own personal money machine.  Winning streaks often lead to complacency. This is something I stress to members. Complacency  leads to sloppy trading. In these winning periods, traders are least likely to consider what might go wrong, especially worst case scenarios. The moral is: when your positions are sailing to new highs almost daily, and when all of your trades are working, be 10 times more cautious! These are the times to guard against complacency and to be extra alert in order to lock profits in.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:12:39 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Weekly Round-up
Week Beginning: 10/20
Week Ending: 10/26

The following are the gains netted from this weeks Private Picks. The largest returns came from ENRG, MARYJ, GHOST, VOOT and SYS

Members netted gains totaling 1,319% this week. Next weeks coins are already primed for accumulation!

Happy trading!

COIN OF THE WEEK

CannabisCoin

CannabisCoin has consistently provided opportunity for profit. After the major price dip, sell resistance is starting to pull back so I'd advise everyone to keep an eye on CANN over the next few days, there will definitely be several opportunities to dip in and out doubling up each time.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:16:01 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 10/27
Week Ending: 11/02

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now may be the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks is now OPEN

Registration closes Tuesday 10/28 at 6pm EDT. Our members netted a 4,760% gain in September, and as of now are up 5,582% this month.

We are already moving on next weeks coins!

Just send me a Private Message here or a Direct Message on Twitter to sign up.

Happy Trading!

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

I pm'ed you this morning, please reply. Ready to get involved this week

Hey, I must have missed your message.

I'm getting round to everyone now, so expect a pm shortly

thanks

SHA255

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:52:55 AM

Finally hit the motherlode Cheesy

MEGA KUDOS to you Ryan

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:02:26 PM

Finally hit the motherlode Cheesy

MEGA KUDOS to you Ryan

Thanks,

Opportunities like that are everywhere. Like we discussed, there are only 4 main factors you need to assess in order to reveal them.

I can repeat these factors 100 times to everyone, but because they are so simple and un-complicated people don't see the opportunity

Glad you made some money. That is how simple trading altcoins can be when you have an edge, at least now you have first hand knowledge of this.

many more picks to come

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:17:32 PM

24 Oct - 27 Oct
Total return: 362%
Coins: CND, FC2

The best way to trade a coin that is rallying is to initiate your trade early in the rally phase in order to profit from the excessive euphoria – not to try to pick a top which is nearly impossible. The uptrend in a rally is often relatively smooth, while the downtrend after the rally grinds to a halt tends to be highly erratic – and profitable, if you know what you’re doing.

CND

Regular readers are now probably all too familiar of the importance of placing low ball orders 40% - 50% below high volume markets. I have said this several times, and will officially state that this is the MOST simple / profitable method of trading the crypto markets.

I have mentioned that sell resistance moves along with prices. So, the higher the price of a coin lifts – the higher the sell resistance. This is why coins that are up 200%+ struggle to continue upwards, because the resistance is so high that the sell orders cannot be adequately absorbed by the market.

When prices drop, sell resistance follows suit. This increases the probability of prices surging upwards with little effort as, during dumping sprees, sell resistance depletes to almost zero allowing for easy lift off.

This is a cycle that every coin follows. The higher the volume is during a dip, then more profitable the subsequent correction will be.

This was the case with this particular trade.

I had placed some buy orders a few days ago (during the initial CND rally), because I saw that sell orders were no longer being absorbed by the market – thus the rally was stalling and I assumed that people would begin to dump out due to impatience or panic.

CND then slumped into a brief down trend, which is always a good thing when there has been good volume.

High volume during a down-trend is confirmation that a coin is about to break upwards in price – especially if it is on the Bittrex front page (where 99% of the crypto community has their eyes fixed during the day in order to select which coins to trade).

Also, coming off the back of the heels of CANN and the “Anon” wave of coins + the brilliant technical aspects of this market –  a rally was certain to occur, which is why I was prepared to wait just that little bit longer for the rest of the market to catch on to the lack of upward resistance in the order book.

As soon as my position turned into an active one, I placed my sell orders (you want to automate as much of your trading decisions as possible, this prevents detrimental activities like overtrading and procrastination.) You also want to put on some price alerts to notify you of any major change of trend.

As momentum began to build, I knew it was only a matter of time before the panic buys erupted – causing volume to surge leading to a bunch of traders buying through my sell orders.

Tip: Whenever you make a significant mistake when trading, write it down, both to reinforce the lesson and to serve as a future reminder. Then change your trading process based on this new experience. In this way, mistakes can become the essential ingredient for continual improvement as a trader.

FC2

Typical Momentum play here. Nothing too intricate or spectacular other than realising that when trading volume is increasing every 5 – 10 minutes, and there is no signs of a rally having already occurred on the charts – then it’s best that you buy in as soon as possible because that coin is about to jump.

Volume is the number one indicator for a novice trader. They want to see that a coin is on the first page of Bittrex before they put in a trade. They want to see a pile of buy orders stacked high before they feel “safe” putting on a trade.

Newsflash – trading isn’t about being “safe”. Trading is a game of Risk / Reward – specifically, the greater the risk, then the greater the reward.

I clicked through to the FC2 market and saw that there was limited buy support, more money was entering this market via the sell side than through the buy side which is a very bullish indicator. This was coupled with non-existent sell resistance – apart from the sell wall that I bought through (you have to look beyond the wall when assessing Risk / Reward)

My initial plan was to profit from the volatility, dipping in and out with profit. But the trading volume kept increasing – which indicated that a larger move was in the works.

Needless to say, I stayed put.

Tip: Through my analysis I aim to underscore the distinction between gambling and betting or trading with an edge. Participants in Crypto may well be gambling. If you don’t have a method (an edge), then trading is every bit as much as a gamble as betting in the casinos. But with a method, trading becomes a business rather than gambling. Fortunately for us Crypto traders, whereas the casinos can ban players because they become too proficient, this market has no way of eliminating the skilful traders. Therefore if you have an edge that provides you with the most unfair advantage over other traders, no exchange can come to you and say, “We’ve noticed that you’re making too much money. You can’t trade here anymore.”

Balkhole

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:42:36 PM

Thanks for that inside track on CND. Closed out a 143 percent profit today  Grin

https://twitter.com/Pumper_Ryan/status/526017228106637312

P.S I Sent you some messages an hour ago. ready to move forward with what we spoke about yesterday

Would like to get in before tomorrow

The NSA

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:57:13 PM

I made 254% on cnd. I' m very happy with that. Smiley
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:22:32 PM

Thanks for that inside track on CND. Closed out a 143 percent profit today  Grin

https://twitter.com/Pumper_Ryan/status/526017228106637312

P.S I Sent you some messages an hour ago. ready to move forward with what we spoke about yesterday

Would like to get in before tomorrow

Hey, thanks

Check your messages

Eriberry

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:24:28 PM

Hi Ryan

On page 1 of the thread you include an image that references Picks, Note, Attention, etc.  It specifically mentions a YouTube video which shows how trades should be executed.  However the full link isn't included.  Can you advise what it is?

Many thanks
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:32:04 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 04:05:17 PM by RyanPumper

27 Oct - 28 Oct
Total return: 138%
Coins: DSB, VDO

The tendency to do what is comfortable will actually lead most people to experience worse than random results. In effect, most people don’t lose simply because they lack the skill to do better than random but also because natural human traits entice them into behavioural patterns that will actually lead to worse than random results. The critical implication is that our natural instincts will mislead us in trading. Therefore, the first step to succeeding in Crypto is reprogramming behaviour to do what is correct rather than what feels comfortable.

DSB

If you’re looking for non-random price action, there are several in Crypto that can be exploited for the most obscene amount of profit. This particular example was yet another correction play (Showing just how common these opportunities are).

Typical market exploit – profiting as prices plunge and then bounce upward producing more than adequate profit.

Again, this is the closest you can get to risk free trading in Crypto.. It happens every day, day in and day out, continuously.

Over and over again I sit and watch high volume markets plunge downwards after a rally, and then bounce back up again as skilled traders pile in in search of the easiest profit that Crypto has to offer.

When I started trading altcoins, I always had orders placed 30% - 50% below multiple high volume markets. Literally, I’d go to sleep with a cumulated total of let’s say 5 BTC and then wake up to see my holdings had doubled or tripled. This was all down to this simple strategy. No ridiculous Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci or any form of indicator other than basic common sense. What goes up, must come down – and then back up again. That’s all

Too many times I see people with massive potential wasting their time trying to over complicate a process that should be as simple as BUY ....  SELL.

Instead, people want to “wait for confirmation”, or see some strange “chart pattern” that indicates that a coin is going to the moon.

This chart analysis hocus-pocus serves only to distract you from what really matters, it forces you into believing that trading is something entirely intricate and complicated – when really, it is far too simple.

I don’t use unnecessary indicators at all. These things are merely graphical representations of what is happening (or has already happened) in the order book.

I have said this before, but would like to reiterate. The order book is your window into the future.

By assessing both sides of the order book (more importantly the sell side) you can see where the support levels are, where the resistance levels are – and what needs to happen for the market to move either upwards or down. It is that simple. The charts are useful only for revealing what stage of a move a market is in – nothing else.  

If you view yourself as a specialist in reading charts, due to your expertise in the use of Bollinger Bands and the other useless indicators – I hope now you realise why despite being an expert chart reader you still have losses that unfairly outweigh your gains. You have been making your trading decisions based on the past, rather than the future.

Tip: You have to have an edge to win in Crypto. Everything else is secondary. You can have great risk controls, but if you don’t have an approach that gives you an edge, then you won’t win. This may seem obvious, but many traders enter this market without any evidence that they have an edge.

VDO

Momentum play here. This goes back to reading the order book, and assessing market momentum.

Has there been good volume surging into this market – without a rally breaking out? .. Yes? Then one is about to erupt, and you are amongst the first arrivals to the party.

Has there been an adequate amount of trades executed during the last 1 hour? .. Yes? Then momentum is building.

How are other traders entering the market, are people still dumping or have traders begin to eat through sell orders?

These are factors that you need to be looking for when assessing market momentum – this is my version of technical analysis. No Bollinger Bands required.

Unlike the vast majority of participants in this market – I am not a comfort seeker. I could care less if there is a “safe” level of buy support or zero orders on the buy side, because if I asses the sell orders and can see that a market can be moved easily (due to low sell resistance) then the buy side is entirely irrelevant in that scenario.

In fact if, during a rally, you begin to see buy orders stacking up then that is an indicator of a pending dip because all that does is provide a guaranteed (and profitable) exit for those who got in hours before the rally and who are already up 50 – 100%.

In addition to this, it is also very important to assess the 24hr High and Low for any coin that you are trading. This indicator shows if a market has moved  and how far it has moved.

If there is an excessive gap between the high and low – and the current trading price is at or close to the high and there is a tight spread, then you can expect there to be some dumping action at any given moment because – as I mentioned earlier, those that got in to that coin hours before and who are already up 50 – 100% now have a guaranteed means of exiting with profit due to the excessively high buy support.

This is how the market works. You literally have to take all of the commonly held values and beliefs and do the opposite. Trading isn’t about seeking comfort, it is about exploiting those opportunities that provide gargantuan gains.

Tip: Superior performance requires two key elements: preservation of capital and home-runs. In order to really excel, you must take full advantage of the situations when you are well ahead and running a hot hand. Those are the times to really press, not rest on your laurels. Great track records are made by avoiding losses and racking up a string of high double digit or triple digit gains. On an individual trade basis, going for home runs means increasing your position size in those circumstances where you have a high probability trade in your hands – all of this takes confidence, the ability to respond decisively and without hesitation. That is the mark of a great trader.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: