Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:08:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218400 times)
lukasbradley
Donator

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:48:47 PM

I checked them out, don't really understand why they are so expensive though. I mean this is more than 10x the average price of seemingly similar hosting so what makes this so special?

I'm not advocating their "sites" option, I'm bringing up the cloud servers option.

You basically get root access to a 256MB RAM "shard" for about $15 per month.  If you're only hosting static web pages and maybe some PHP, this is the best price for the most control.

However, if you don't want to mess with setting up a node, and configuring it, I completely understand.  There are cheaper, turn key options.

EDIT: Looks like they upped it to 512MB RAM. http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/public/servers/pricing

If you ever plan on running multiple nodes for redundancy, this is one of the best cloud options.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:05:06 PM

It's the cloud man.

Kinda like double rainbows

This.

Seriously, the brand, the uptime, the scalability, the free-asshole, the support team.

What's your budget?

Dedicated?

How many pageviews you get a day? <10k? 10k<x<50k?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:05:25 PM

hostgator.

+1
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:14:03 PM

I've heard good things about Dreamhost.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 05:16:05 PM

you know last year hostgator offered to buy out BTCWebHost.com - no joke.

We ended up declining the offer but it was a big surprise - that we got that kind of attention.

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:23:56 PM

ipage..?

hi
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:32:23 PM

We ended up declining the offer but it was a big surprise - that we got that kind of attention.

Sorry, i don't get it.

You own a hosting company and have problems hosting a website?

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 06:27:18 PM

If tou're going the virtual server route, why not bitvps.com ? Wink Or amazon.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 06:57:41 PM

Sorry, i don't get it.

Yes your right you dont get it.

BTCWebHost.com
BitcoinWebHost.com
BitcoinWebHosting.com
BitcoinVPS.com

I own all of these and they point to the same web hosting service which I also own, its a really neat service where you can signup and get instant account activation paid with Bitcoin.

This is all through WHMCS and a reseller hosting account through neosurge.

See Cpanel Licenses are EXTREMELY expensive and it makes absolutely no sense to get a dedicated server, and setup a complete hosting setup from scratch and spend thousands of dollars on licenses and thousands of hours on development when I can just buy a hosting reseller account through an outfit like neosurge and sell automated setup cpanel hosting accounts for bitcoins and have very low monthly hosting fees. BTCWebhost was the first dedicated Bitcoin web hosting service and is still #1 in Bitcoin accepting web hosting services.

It was neosurge who screwed up the billing and caused the false suspension - think of them as my hosting companies uplink.

I am not going to be moving the whole web hosting company - I already pre-paid for a year and most of my customers are pretty happy, its just btcfpga.com and bitcoinasic.com that I will be moving to a new web host. See most web sites are not under a microscope 24 hours a day 7 days a week. There are plenty of web sites that if they go down for a few hours no one even notices, but in the Bitcoin world things are a little different, people are watching every second of every day so you have to be vigilant with those types of sites. I host 100s of other websites and I am sure none of them even noticed the 6 hour outage - it was in the middle of the night and on a sunday. Its really no big deal for a regular website - shit happens.

with that being said I am still moving btcfpga.com and bitcoinasic.com - I was planning to all along to coincide with the launch of our new website - but this last little incident has motivated me to make it happen sooner.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 07:02:09 PM

ipage..?

Mushroomized: Im disappointed in you - sell out Tongue

(signature)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Sorry, i don't get it.

Yes your right you dont get it.

BTCWebHost.com
BitcoinWebHost.com
BitcoinWebHosting.com
BitcoinVPS.com

I own all of these and they point to the same web hosting service which I also own, its a really neat service where you can signup and get instant account activation paid with Bitcoin.

This is all through WHMCS and a reseller hosting account through neosurge.

See Cpanel Licenses are EXTREMELY expensive and it makes absolutely no sense to get a dedicated server, and setup a complete hosting setup from scratch and spend thousands of dollars on licenses and thousands of hours on development when I can just buy a hosting reseller account through an outfit like neosurge and sell automated setup cpanel hosting accounts for bitcoins and have very low monthly hosting fees. BTCWebhost was the first dedicated Bitcoin web hosting service and is still #1 in Bitcoin accepting web hosting services.

It was neosurge who screwed up the billing and caused the false suspension - think of them as my hosting companies uplink.

I am not going to be moving the whole web hosting company - I already pre-paid for a year and most of my customers are pretty happy, its just btcfpga.com and bitcoinasic.com that I will be moving to a new web host. See most web sites are not under a microscope 24 hours a day 7 days a week. There are plenty of web sites that if they go down for a few hours no one even notices, but in the Bitcoin world things are a little different, people are watching every second of every day so you have to be vigilant with those types of sites. I host 100s of other websites and I am sure none of them even noticed the 6 hour outage - it was in the middle of the night and on a sunday. Its really no big deal for a regular website - shit happens.

with that being said I am still moving btcfpga.com and bitcoinasic.com - I was planning to all along to coincide with the launch of our new website - but this last little incident has motivated me to make it happen sooner.

So you own a webhosting company and are unable to spawn up a vps somewhere, installing ubuntu, php-fpm, mysqld, nginx and moving a 100MB website there in less than half an hour?

Ok, maybe it's me being strange, i do it with the same ease as having breakfast.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 07:14:21 PM

its not being unable at all, its about time and about a lot of other things which I really don't feel like explaining to you.

I am capable of changing the breaks and the oil in my car but It's much easier to go to the dealership and pay them to do it - as well as a nice wash and detail.

I am running a business which will gross over half a million dollars this year, all while having to handle customer service and the logistics of managing engineers, designers and developers all over the world.

The web hosting company was basically just a hobby, BTCFPGA/BitcoinASIC has outgrown BTCWebhost and its time to move on to bigger and better things.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:16:16 PM

its not being unable at all, its about time and about a lot of other things which I really don't feel like explaining to you.
Let me know if you want me to do that for you for free, in exchange for a reply to my emails (plus tiny discount maybe? Cheesy)

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 07:21:30 PM

as far as the hosting please go back and read my last post, I dont want this site on some crappy vps - dont you get what im saying? this is a big money site and I need to move it to some premium hosting services. I don't need you to set something up for me, please drop it.

As far as emails - I am mostly caught up on them - if you sent it more than 1-2 days ago its possible i missed it and I would resend it

if you are only waiting 1-2 days for a response you will get one sometime later today.

I'm leaving now taking the kids to the movies

Ill be back later - if anyone really needs me call 315 514 0269
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 07:30:59 PM

Also just wanted to say to anyone if you cant wait the 1-2 days it takes me to usually answer emails I encourage you to try and catch me on irc in #BTCFPGA on FreeNode network

or you can call me anytime my business line is 315-514-0269 - it forwards to my personal cell phone most of the time when im not in my office

so if you have a really important question or something and cant wait for an email response please by all means call me - I answer if I am available and I will return your call if I am not - just make sure you leave a message - I dont return calls that dont leave messages

thanks and see you guys later!

Hotel Transylvania 3D here I come Smiley

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:34:39 PM

as far as the hosting please go back and read my last post, I dont want this site on some crappy vps - dont you get what im saying? this is a big money site and I need to move it to some premium hosting services. I don't need you to set something up for me, please drop it.

LOL.

I suggested you Rackspace Sites and you complained for the pricing, this is "big money" and you can't afford a tiny 150$ month on a GREAT service? Ok, fine.
You are told that you can get the same performances with a VPS, even with free setup from me, and you define VPSs crappy, with my trying to make you lose time.

I asked you pageviews and budget above, did you reply? And you ask for suggestions? What's wrong?

I currently run websites that peaks at around 100 php/requests/second, so i know what i'm sayng.

Good luck having someone on a 5400rpm green drive host your "big money" website.

BTW, i've just decided to cancel my order with you.

Good luck everyone here.

So you own a webhosting company and are unable to spawn up a vps somewhere, installing ubuntu, php-fpm, mysqld, nginx and moving a 100MB website there in less than half an hour?

Ok, maybe it's me being strange, i do it with the same ease as having breakfast.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_advantage

And I am surprised you have so much difficulty having breakfast. Perhaps you should outsource that.
Thank you for the meaningless post, really appreciated.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:48:16 PM

What was your order number?

I'm hoping I just got bumped up a place in line. Grin

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
dextryn

Activity: 198

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:56:16 PM

LOL.

I suggested you Rackspace Sites and you complained for the pricing, this is "big money" and you can't afford a tiny 150$ month on a GREAT service? Ok, fine.
You are told that you can get the same performances with a VPS, even with free setup from me, and you define VPSs crappy, with my trying to make you lose time.

I asked you pageviews and budget above, did you reply? And you ask for suggestions? What's wrong?

I currently run websites that peaks at around 100 php/requests/second, so i know what i'm sayng.

Good luck having someone on a 5400rpm green drive host your "big money" website.

Good luck everyone here.

You suck at being a salesman
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:01:01 PM

What was your order number?

I'm hoping I just got bumped up a place in line. Grin
700<x<800.

It's because i'm not.

jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:51:37 PM

Wow, what a mess.

Hey Tom, I use site5 also. Never had an issue. Been using them for over 5 years.

very good pricing also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: