Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218400 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 06:01:15 PM

I wonder if Inaba the Douche-Nozzle spent less time trolling, and more time on his pool, if it would go for more than a day without issues.

A few months ago I switched to EMC to try it out. After running there for a week or so I notice my payout dropped by 10-15% vs. other pools. The luck seemed to be about average but there were constant connection and other issues. Inaba kept posting that it was this or that issue and no worries it's fixed, but then a day later it would crap out again. This was around when he introduced the diff server which seemed to knock out the us1,2,3 servers.

It was clear Inaba has no idea how to run a production server as he was treating production like a test environment. Mistakes all over the place, and very defensive reactions. One time I posted a strange block time artifact, he replied that it was fixed and how could I be so stupid as to post that. But his original reply that it was fixed happened BEFORE the time stamp on the problem I brought up, so obviously it wasn't fixed. Childish.

The thing is you can't do this with ASICs, you have to be 100% fully tested and 100% confident before tape-out. I used to be in the field and have completed many designs, mistakes can not be allowed. If EMC is any indication of BFL's quality control, I'd be worried if I was a pre-order customer there...

Please provide evidence or it didn't happen.  A link to the relevant posts would suffice, thanks!  Cool story, bro.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 07:35:09 PM

Please provide evidence or it didn't happen.  A link to the relevant posts would suffice, thanks!  Cool story, bro.

Inaba/Josh, I'm really beginning to regret I paid you back those 138BTC what your pool's bug paid me. I thought you were a nice guy. I'm beginning to think I was mistaken.

Why do you need deny the problems you've had with your pool? Even I sent you a mail regarding my 7.2GH/s miner showing up as 5.5 GH/s on your pool, just to get ignored.

I really think/hope you've got better things to do. So why don't you just do us all a favor and stop hijacking your employer's competitor's thread? Thanks.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:45:45 PM

Please provide evidence or it didn't happen.  A link to the relevant posts would suffice, thanks!  Cool story, bro.

Inaba/Josh, I'm really beginning to regret I paid you back those 138BTC what your pool's bug paid me. I thought you were a nice guy. I'm beginning to think I was mistaken.

Why do you need deny the problems you've had with your pool? Even I sent you a mail regarding my 7.2GH/s miner showing up as 5.5 GH/s on your pool, just to get ignored.

I really think/hope you've got better things to do. So why don't you just do us all a favor and stop hijacking your employer's competitor's thread? Thanks.
Best post i've read in a while.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Plazzman

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:09:00 PM

Meanwhile on the actual thread subject ... can anyone post their numbers for a recent MMQ?

I'm running the v0.4-ljr-alpha firmware (without TML) and the bitstream from back whenever (from cgminer)

I've got cgminer working OK with my MMQ but I wonder if I've been rather optimistic in adjusting the clocks?

I'll put up a pull request of the first set of changes once I'm sure it's not too optimistic and going to cause anyone's MMQ to get damaged easily.

Anyway my numbers on a 2hr 20min run are (1 diff shares):
Temps are 36 to 42
Av 838 MH/s
A:1569  R:4  HW:30 -> so 1.9% HW errors
(and yes those numbers are all correct if anyone was wondering)

Edit: here's a screen shot 20 minutes later

Kano

I get the same result as AmDD with Ubuntu 12.05 on a 32 bit laptop and BFGminer.
So I would say you are In the right ballpark.

--Cheers 
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:29:42 PM

Any one want to buy a BFL SC single pre order.Huh  Early order...!!! Trade you for a basic....  Smiley Oh and some coins...  Grin
PM'd
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:51:24 PM

Thanks AmDD and Plazzman for the info - much appreciated.

After 6 more hours of running it's got down to 1.3% HW and 837MH/s
It's 9:50am here and will be interesting to see how it handles the day getting warm here
- though it is in my basement garage, the temp down there does change, but more slowly, so the day peek is always much lower than outside

It's set to change less the longer it runs i.e. early faster changing at startup (minutes) but slower changes up or down as time proceeds (up to an hour/hours) - that's controlled by a set of constants, but I may make them --modminer-options (something like --icarus-options) so people who have boards that perform better (or worse) or are in more (or less) stable environments can possibly change some of them (within certain limits) at runtime

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 11:04:06 PM

It's 9:50am here and will be interesting to see how it handles the day getting warm here
- though it is in my basement garage, the temp down there does change, but more slowly, so the day peek is always much lower than outside

Cool way to passively insulate from the ambient heat of the day.

I am starting to think BFL_Josh (Inaba) is avoiding the questions of ambient operating temperature for the BFL Single. Which tells me his hardware may run very hot and may need an Air Conditioner to keep it's temps down.

@ Inaba

Still waiting for that link to the discussion.....
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 11:41:03 PM

Still waiting for that link to the discussion.....

Then get busy and make a post on the BFL forums and I'm sure you'll get an answer.

I'm not denying there were some problems, I am denying this handy little fib from you:

Mistakes all over the place, and very defensive reactions. One time I posted a strange block time artifact, he replied that it was fixed and how could I be so stupid as to post that.

I have never responded to anyone on the EMC (or BFL) forums with "How could you be so stupid as to post that" or anything like that in relation to problems with the pool.  I have no idea what you mean about "defensive reactions" either. Like I said, post a link to the threads where it happened or you're just making it up.

I'm not hijacking it, I have no wish to discuss EMC or BFL in this thread.  I want to know about the power consumption of the bASIC device.  Stop bringing up things not related to the bASIC device and the thread won't be hijacked. 

Again, for those that are having trouble with this:  I want to know a specific (even if it's just a ballpark) metric of the bASIC, of which I am a pre-order customer.  I have exactly zero desire to discuss anything else in this thread.  I simply want an answer to "How much power will the bASIC consume, roughly?"  also "What is considered "competitive" in terms of power consumption?  If it consumes 2w/GH, (2x the competition) is that still considered "competitive?"

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 11:49:13 PM

It's set to change less the longer it runs i.e. early faster changing at startup (minutes) but slower changes up or down as time proceeds (up to an hour/hours) - that's controlled by a set of constants, but I may make them --modminer-options (something like --icarus-options) so people who have boards that perform better (or worse) or are in more (or less) stable environments can possibly change some of them (within certain limits) at runtime

kano, to what extent will you be supporting the bASIC and how well do you foresee cgminer running on Ubuntu 12.04?
squid

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 11:51:21 PM

blah blah blah I am a troll and try my hardest to make my shit company's rep even worse by trolling competitors...

Tom has already stated he will provide an estimate when he gets the boards. Since he wants to give a realistic number not a far-fetched (1 watt/gh) or broad (2-10 watt/gh) estimate. Yet here you are, bitching about transparency when you represent the company that is the LEAST transparent of all.

Why are you so concerned about this Josh? Why do you feel the need to trying to force your competitor into giving numbers that aren't based on reality? Have you received a hint at what the actual performance of your (BFL) devices are and feel threatened? Unlike BFL, Tom seems to prefer to give realistic specs that are reliable (see MMQ vs BFL single past history) and can be trusted.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 12:03:02 AM

blah blah blah I am a troll and try my hardest to make my shit company's rep even worse by trolling competitors...

Tom has already stated he will provide an estimate when he gets the boards. Since he wants to give a realistic number not a far-fetched (1 watt/gh) or broad (2-10 watt/gh) estimate. Yet here you are, bitching about transparency when you represent the company that is the LEAST transparent of all.

Why are you so concerned about this Josh? Why do you feel the need to trying to force your competitor into giving numbers that aren't based on reality? Have you received a hint at what the actual performance of your (BFL) devices are and feel threatened? Unlike BFL, Tom seems to prefer to give realistic specs that are reliable (see MMQ vs BFL single past history) and can be trusted.

Far fetched?  Really?  I think not, we are actually being conservative in our power announcements in case there is any unexpected difficulties.  Can you tell me how you arrived at your flawed conclusions?  Why are we talking about BFL again, though?  Lets talk about bASIC since it's a bASIC thread.

The only reason I am here is because Tom is lying about BFLs power.  I am responding to his lies, and since he seems to know our power situation better than we do, it must mean he knows HIS power situation and is not sharing it with his customers.  I would like to know why that is.

Plazzman

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 12:16:35 AM

Inaba Please refund the following order...  Thanks...
All no this was not for sale... I would rather get the refund and buy the basic. Sorry..!!
Keep trolling Lol

Dear Bradley,

I have applied your previous payment for 2 BitForce Singles to a new order for one BitForce Single SC and have sent you a PayPal invoice for the difference ($91). Upon receipt of this payment your order upgrade will be confirmed and your order date will become 6/23/2012 which is the earliest date we began accepting pre-orders for the SC products.

Kind regards,

John
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM, PlazzMan <plazzman05@aim.com> wrote:

Hello Customer Service,

On Mon. June 18, 2012 a had ordered 2 BitForce SHA256 Singles as you will see from the receipt posted below.
      I would like to convert it into preorder for 1 BitForce Single ‘SC’  40 GH/s  -  $1,299
      I would have no problem paying the difference in usd which I believe is $101 difference.
      Will be awaiting an Invoice from BFL Labs.

Thank You, Brad Goodnight
    plazzman05@aim.com

-----Original Message-----
    To: plazzman05 <plazzman05@aim.com>
    Sent: Fri, Jun 22, 2012 12:49 pm
    Subject: Re: New submission from Order Form - BitForce SHA256 Single

Hi Bradley, thank you for your order.

Your PayPal payment has been received in full and your 2 BitForce SHA256 Singles are secure. Your date of purchase is 06/18/2012. I will send you tracking when your order ships.

Thanks again for your interest in our product.

Kind regards,
    Jody D.
    Customer Service
    BF Labs, Inc.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Bradley Goodnight <plazzman05@aim.com> wrote:

Preferred payment method
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 12:44:43 AM

Far fetched?  Really?  I think not, we are actually being conservative in our power announcements in case there is any unexpected difficulties.  Can you tell me how you arrived at your flawed conclusions?  Why are we talking about BFL again, though?  Lets talk about bASIC since it's a bASIC thread.

The only reason I am here is because Tom is lying about BFLs power.  I am responding to his lies, and since he seems to know our power situation better than we do, it must mean he knows HIS power situation and is not sharing it with his customers.  I would like to know why that is.

I thought you didn't have a prototype Josh? If that's the case how can you be so certain that BFL's power consumption numbers are so very conservative? 1w/Gh is it? Hasn't BFL been way off previously?

When did Tom lie about BFL's power numbers? If you don't have a working final product and you don't have a prototype, then aren't BFL's power consumption numbers by definition an estimate? Also, he said competitorS, and Avalon's estimates are much higher and far less narrowly defined than BFL's. Given BFL's track record on this issue, I too am inclined to doubt the validity of BFL's power consumption claims. Time will reveal all things, but your question here has been asked and answered.

Plazzman

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 12:52:26 AM

Soo Inaba/Josh.... Still waiting on your so called refund???
Bee nice if there was 3 months interest on that but I'm sure there isn't
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 12:54:22 AM

Far fetched?  Really?  I think not, we are actually being conservative in our power announcements in case there is any unexpected difficulties.  Can you tell me how you arrived at your flawed conclusions?  Why are we talking about BFL again, though?  Lets talk about bASIC since it's a bASIC thread.

The only reason I am here is because Tom is lying about BFLs power.  I am responding to his lies, and since he seems to know our power situation better than we do, it must mean he knows HIS power situation and is not sharing it with his customers.  I would like to know why that is.

I thought you didn't have a prototype Josh? If that's the case how can you be so certain that BFL's power consumption numbers are so very conservative? 1w/Gh is it? Hasn't BFL been way off previously?

When did Tom lie about BFL's power numbers? If you don't have a working final product and you don't have a prototype, then aren't BFL's power consumption numbers by definition an estimate? Also, he said competitorS, and Avalon's estimates are much higher and far less narrowly defined than BFL's. Given BFL's track record on this issue, I too am inclined to doubt the validity of BFL's power consumption claims. Time will reveal all things, but your question here has been asked and answered.

Where?  Right here:

Sure I can post a "simulated" or "estimated" power usage number - but its not going to be accurate. You really think BFL is going to give 1Gh/s per watt? keep dreaming.

These energy efficiency numbers from my competitors are simply estimates and are not going to be accurate. I give you my personal guarantee that our products will have energy efficiency that is competitive to any other ASIC product on the market.

I also want to know what is "competitive."  Is 2x the power consumption considered "competitive?" (Personally, I think 10 - 20% is competitive, not +100%, but I want to know what Tom's definition is.)

Again, I don't want to make this about anything but bASIC.  Stop talking about BFL stuff (besides, who says we don't have a prototype?  I've certainly not said that.).

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:10:12 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2012, 01:20:40 AM by kano

kano, to what extent will you be supporting the bASIC and how well do you foresee cgminer running on Ubuntu 12.04?
ckolivas and I are 2 of the developers getting a dev bASIC for ensuring early cgminer support.

This work on the MMQ (mainly the rethreading part I'll get to next) is also very much in line with supporting the bASIC (and other ASIC) due to the major performance issues they will represent.

cgminer already runs on 12.04
I also have a 12.04 VM setup, but idle, since I don't need it while ckolvias binaries support and run on 12.04
... I created it in case anyone ever asked me for a non GPU 12.04 binary Smiley

I also have the 11.04 VM that I make the 'Version'a release each time in the cgminer thread since there is no 11.04 binary released by ckolivas (and I need it Tongue)
That will continue while GPU mining is still (in my opinion) an option, and I will start creating 12.04 binaries (in my downloads) if they are ever needed for a different version to what ckolivas creates if required

Hopefully that answers your questions Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:10:23 AM

Day 2 of the great BFL_Josh troll binge?

just stfu and gtfo of this thread already

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:10:35 AM

I also want to know what is "competitive."  Is 2x the power consumption considered "competitive?" (Personally, I think 10 - 20% is competitive, not +100%, but I want to know what Tom's definition is.)
Technically the BitForce Single had 2x the power consumption of the MMQ, and I still consider it to be "competitive". Do you not agree?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 01:14:44 AM

Technically the BitForce Single had 2x the power consumption of the MMQ, and I still consider it to be "competitive". Do you not agree?

At almost 1/2 of the price of an MMQ?  Yes, absolutely.  If the bASIC is 1/2 the price of the competitors at 2x the power, then yes it's absolutely competitive.  If it's roughly the same price and 2x the power, then no, it's not. 

But it's not about my opinion on what's competitive, I want to know what Tom considers "competitive."  I'm not making a statement on what's competitive or not, I just want clarification from Tom.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:18:45 AM

The main reason BFL Single was more "competitive" was due to the pricing,Single=$599 (860 mh) vs MMQ=$1069.99 (800 mh).So the Single gave a faster ROI,IMO.....

The wattage draw was better with MMQ @ 40 compared to 80 watts with the Single.

Both are great products though  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: