Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218400 times)
Plazzman

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:26:25 AM

Still  waiting on that refund.. Huh I thought your policy was to give them on request.??
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcowok

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:44:05 AM

Holy crap

Inaba and Cablepair, what the heck. seriously. This mudslinging is patently ridiculous, utterly unprofessional, and not at all helpful to anyone, or any business. It certainly does not make either company look good.

Cablepair: I hope you have learned to not mention or talk about *** or Inaba in your thread: this is what happens.
Inaba: Dude, you're going to come and read this in a month or so and realise how foolish it makes you look.

Read this very carefully: you would look very (even more) foolish continuing to reply to each other in this thread.

This forum has an excelent feature, its called "Ignore".  I strongly suggest you BOTH use it, for your customers' sakes.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:48:35 AM

So which pools do you suggest?

I like ozcoin  Cheesy
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:04:28 AM

It should be remembered that BFL started out as a complete scam and only started shipping products when they realized the money was better.

This spam brought to you by the requirements of the QuadMiner lottery.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:11:20 AM

I like ozcoin  Cheesy
+1

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
jborkl

Activity: 246

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 02:17:02 AM

Still  waiting on that refund.. Huh I thought your policy was to give them on request.??

Tom clearly stated he was going out of town

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:26:03 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2012, 03:39:23 AM by Sitarow

Holy crap

Inaba and Cablepair, what the heck. seriously. This mudslinging is patently ridiculous, utterly unprofessional, and not at all helpful to anyone, or any business. It certainly does not make either company look good.

Cablepair: I hope you have learned to not mention or talk about *** or Inaba in your thread: this is what happens.
Inaba: Dude, you're going to come and read this in a month or so and realise how foolish it makes you look.

Read this very carefully: you would look very (even more) foolish continuing to reply to each other in this thread.

This forum has an excelent feature, its called "Ignore".  I strongly suggest you BOTH use it, for your customers' sakes.

LOL I think you missed the part where Cablepair said he went out of town.....

For the record. Thus far, Cablepair is not here to even make a rebuttal post at this time. So who is it that you are making reference to?

Other News:
New Hosting is setup and new Website is coming along nicely - we will have a big launch with detailed specs of our bASIC mining devices coming at you really soon! Be patient - it will be well worth it Smiley

Also:

I will be out of town on Business tonight and will return tomorrow - if you really need me call - I wont be answering many more emails today.

I will resume regular working hours tomorrow

Tom
(315) 514-0269
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:27:21 AM

Still  waiting on that refund.. Huh I thought your policy was to give them on request.??

Tom clearly stated he was going out of town

That question was for his pre-order of the BFL Asic, and was directed at BFL_Josh

Inaba Please refund the following order...  Thanks...
All no this was not for sale... I would rather get the refund and buy the basic. Sorry..!!
Keep trolling Lol

Dear Bradley,

I have applied your previous payment for 2 BitForce Singles to a new order for one BitForce Single SC and have sent you a PayPal invoice for the difference ($91). Upon receipt of this payment your order upgrade will be confirmed and your order date will become 6/23/2012 which is the earliest date we began accepting pre-orders for the SC products.

Kind regards,

John
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM, PlazzMan <plazzman05@aim.com> wrote:

Hello Customer Service,

On Mon. June 18, 2012 a had ordered 2 BitForce SHA256 Singles as you will see from the receipt posted below.
      I would like to convert it into preorder for 1 BitForce Single ‘SC’  40 GH/s  -  $1,299
      I would have no problem paying the difference in usd which I believe is $101 difference.
      Will be awaiting an Invoice from BFL Labs.

Thank You, Brad Goodnight
    plazzman05@aim.com

-----Original Message-----
    To: plazzman05 <plazzman05@aim.com>
    Sent: Fri, Jun 22, 2012 12:49 pm
    Subject: Re: New submission from Order Form - BitForce SHA256 Single

Hi Bradley, thank you for your order.

Your PayPal payment has been received in full and your 2 BitForce SHA256 Singles are secure. Your date of purchase is 06/18/2012. I will send you tracking when your order ships.

Thanks again for your interest in our product.

Kind regards,
    Jody D.
    Customer Service
    BF Labs, Inc.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Bradley Goodnight <plazzman05@aim.com> wrote:

Preferred payment method
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:32:34 AM

Still waiting for that link to the discussion.....

Then get busy and make a post on the BFL forums and I'm sure you'll get an answer.

@ BFL_Josh/Inaba

Your request has been properly fulfilled and can be found at the following link:

http://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/158-Safe-operating-temperature?p=2191#post2191

Posted on: 10-16-2012, 09:30 PM (Central Time)
jborkl

Activity: 246

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 02:38:41 AM

The negative posters here suck for shitting on Tom's thread when you know he is out of town.

That sucks

If anyone wants to sell me their basic order for 54 ghash and they paid and Tom's verifies he will transfer the order.

I will buy up to three to get rid of shitty posts.

No one wants to sell, I didn't think so

Shit somewhere else

bitcowok

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:41:44 AM

Nope, i'm aware of that. I was referring to his post that attracted inaba to the thread. (he called out *** on their 1W/Gh claim).  This slingfest and negativity could have been avoided, and hopefully will stop now.
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:57:45 AM

Nope, i'm aware of that. I was referring to his post that attracted inaba to the thread. (he called out *** on their 1W/Gh claim).  This slingfest and negativity could have been avoided, and hopefully will stop now.

I don't see an issue with calling out the 1 watt/gh claim. Esp. considering his supporting evidence shows that BFL has in the past grossly overestimated their stats.

BFL numbers are based on calculations not actual devices. I will believe it when I see it given their past history. Tom has address the power issue here before, saying he would give an actual estimate when he has boards in his hand as he doesn't want to give an unreasonable number. He has stated his power draw will be competitive and I believe him given his past transparency and reliability.

This is just Josh trolling plain an simple. I wish BFL would hire more competent people to handle PR as all Josh is doing his making his company look worse and as evidenced from this thread making people question (more so than Tom could ever do) if their purchase with BFL was right.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 04:04:54 AM

Sorry squid, but you're incorrect.  Tom spoke up about the power, of which he knows nothing about, making seemingly factual statements.  I am here to correct him and get answers to the questions about his power consumption as well as what he means by "competitive." 

If he knows so much about our power, it stands to reason he knows even more about his power consumption, so again I ask, why is he hiding this information from his customers?  What's wrong with the power consumption on these boards that he has to hide even the estimates of what it might be?  Why does he say that the refund policy will change when he releases the power information?  He "guarantees" that the power will be competitive, but doesn't say what competitive is.  What is this "guarantee?" 

He leaves lots of open questions for supposedly being "transparent" and lots of wiggle room to back out and keep our money if he ends up with a board that has 2 or 3x the power consumption of the competing products.  I know, for my part, I would not want a device that runs at 200w at 60 GH/s - it would never see a positive ROI.  Even at 150w, your ROI would be measured in years, not months.

So I want to know if I can get a refund if it turns out his power is not "competitive," since he "guarantees" that it will be. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:05:00 AM

Thanks AmDD and Plazzman for the info - much appreciated.

After 6 more hours of running it's got down to 1.3% HW and 837MH/s
It's 9:50am here and will be interesting to see how it handles the day getting warm here
- though it is in my basement garage, the temp down there does change, but more slowly, so the day peek is always much lower than outside

It's set to change less the longer it runs i.e. early faster changing at startup (minutes) but slower changes up or down as time proceeds (up to an hour/hours) - that's controlled by a set of constants, but I may make them --modminer-options (something like --icarus-options) so people who have boards that perform better (or worse) or are in more (or less) stable environments can possibly change some of them (within certain limits) at runtime

kano, to what extent will you be supporting the bASIC and how well do you foresee cgminer running on Ubuntu 12.04?
ckolivas and I are 2 of the developers getting a dev bASIC for ensuring early cgminer support.

This work on the MMQ (mainly the rethreading part I'll get to next) is also very much in line with supporting the bASIC (and other ASIC) due to the major performance issues they will represent.

cgminer already runs on 12.04
I also have a 12.04 VM setup, but idle, since I don't need it while ckolvias binaries support and run on 12.04
... I created it in case anyone ever asked me for a non GPU 12.04 binary Smiley

I also have the 11.04 VM that I make the 'Version'a release each time in the cgminer thread since there is no 11.04 binary released by ckolivas (and I need it Tongue)
That will continue while GPU mining is still (in my opinion) an option, and I will start creating 12.04 binaries (in my downloads) if they are ever needed for a different version to what ckolivas creates if required

Hopefully that answers your questions Smiley

thanks.  looking forward to using it.  i already use cgminer with my gpu's and its great.
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:12:02 AM

Even at 150w, your ROI would be measured in years, not months.

I hope ASIC isn't going to be this shit Sad.

dip
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:18:15 AM

I don't see an issue with calling out the 1 watt/gh claim. Esp. considering his supporting evidence shows that BFL has in the past grossly overestimated their stats.

BFL numbers are based on calculations not actual devices. I will believe it when I see it given their past history. Tom has address the power issue here before, saying he would give an actual estimate when he has boards in his hand as he doesn't want to give an unreasonable number. He has stated his power draw will be competitive and I believe him given his past transparency and reliability.

This is just Josh trolling plain an simple. I wish BFL would hire more competent people to handle PR as all Josh is doing his making his company look worse and as evidenced from this thread making people question (more so than Tom could ever do) if their purchase with BFL was right.
Since we're discussing BFL's power stats, I've made a little bet for anyone who wants to speculate on basically whether or not they'll achieve their advertised efficiency:

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=782

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if BFL end up with the most efficient boards, as they've had the most cash to throw at the task, but I have trouble believing their claimed 1Gh/Joule efficiency...
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:20:45 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2012, 05:00:33 AM by Sitarow

Nope, i'm aware of that. I was referring to his post that attracted inaba to the thread. (he called out *** on their 1W/Gh claim).  This slingfest and negativity could have been avoided, and hopefully will stop now.

It has been a difficult challenge for both BFL and Tom/cablepair to conduct business on this forum. BFL has stated that they wish to avoid the Bitcointalk community and for good reason.

Tom/cablepair has been working on getting his companies own website with a forum for some time.

BFL_Josh has been professional on the Offical BFL website.

On bitcointalk he's been less professional I will give you that.

I have put my money on the fact that BFL will deliver their Mini SC units close +/- 10% of posted specs some time in November.

I have also put money that Tom's Offering will be "competitive" when he makes public the information he was reluctant to present and for good reason.

I look forward to purchasing further custom technology from both companies with their future offerings.

Please also realize that both companies have been working to produce their ASIC offering under the watchful eyes of other competitors as well.

And with that said.....

Edit:
Two more

2169.98 USD
(183.9387 BTC)
Order Number: 1479
183.9400 BTC paid
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:21:06 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2012, 04:35:17 AM by Keefe

Keep in mind that even if a 54 GH bASIC uses 150W (2.5x) and a 60 GH BFL Single uses 60W, they're competitive for the first year of operation (assuming $0.12/kwh), regardless of the difficulty factor:
bASIC: $1099.99 + $157.68, $23.29/GH
BFL: $1333.00 + $63.07, $23.27/GH

And surely both will be obsolete within a year, so don't tell me about how many pennies you'll save after the first year. Tongue

And if it turns out the bASIC will use 250W, CablePair can simply lower the price by 10% or overclock to 60 GH to regain competitiveness.

The important factors to be considered when investing in ASICs is price per GH and delivery speed. The big question one should ask right now, is will a new BFL order be delivered before or after a new bASIC order, as that will affect the bottom line far far more than power cost. We have some estimates when each will ship the earliest orders, but in BFL's case especially, the delivery date of new orders is a wild guess. The sooner BFL figures out and publishes estimates of when they'll catch up with all pre-orders, the more sales they'll take from bASIC. Smiley

Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:34:02 AM

I like ozcoin  Cheesy

Agreed
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 05:05:27 AM

Keep in mind that even if a 54 GH bASIC uses 150W (2.5x) and a 60 GH BFL Single uses 60W, they're competitive for the first year of operation (assuming $0.12/kwh), regardless of the difficulty factor:
bASIC: $1099.99 + $157.68, $23.29/GH
BFL: $1333.00 + $63.07, $23.27/GH

And surely both will be obsolete within a year, so don't tell me about how many pennies you'll save after the first year. Tongue

And if it turns out the bASIC will use 250W, CablePair can simply lower the price by 10% or overclock to 60 GH to regain competitiveness.

The important factors to be considered when investing in ASICs is price per GH and delivery speed. The big question one should ask right now, is will a new BFL order be delivered before or after a new bASIC order, as that will affect the bottom line far far more than power cost. We have some estimates when each will ship the earliest orders, but in BFL's case especially, the delivery date of new orders is a wild guess. The sooner BFL figures out and publishes estimates of when they'll catch up with all pre-orders, the more sales they'll take from bASIC. Smiley

This is a good point, but I think your missing the point of the ASICs.  If you invest in a high power consumption ASIC, it ceases to become profitable much faster than a lower power one.  You say that they will both be obsolete in a year, but that just doesn't make sense.  They become obsolete when they no longer have a positive ROI - so naturally, the one with the lower power consumption becomes obsolete later.  In the case of a 2x bump in power consumption that means your device becomes completely useless much sooner than a comparable device. 

I dunno about you, but I'd rather mine on a device for 3 years than 1 year and have to fork out more money to stave off obsolescence.  Not everyone can keep investing money year after year.  That's why power is the most important aspect of an ASIC device and it literally defines if the device is viable or stillborn.  Tom is basically the only hold out on the ASIC front as far as power figures go and it makes me question why that would be.  Either he or his engineers have a rough estimate (or at least I would hope so!), and putting that out there would be the transparent thing to do, even if it's with the caveat that "it's only an estimate and may change by 20%" or something similar.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: