Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 11:35:08 AM

CrownCentral.net now LIVE!

Proud to announce that CrownCentral.net is finally online, part of it.. Cheesy Please keep in mind that it's still under development.

CrownCentral.net is a newly developed platform for all things Crown, it will consist of various services contributing to the Crown network.

Main link: www.CrownCentral.net

Services
  • Statistics: Calculates Tron earnings/ROI and shows Crown stats - https://stats.crowncentral.net/
  • Timeline: Displays all milestones/achievements of Crown - Coming soon!
  • Monitor: Tron monitor to track uptime/payments and vote on proposals - Coming soon!
  • Help: Help center containing guides/tutorials for Crown/Trons - Coming soon!

CrownCentral is a community project - a lot (more) can be achieved when we put our heads together! Smiley If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions feel free to PM me. You can also find me in the Official Crown Mattermost server.

Peace!

awesome mate ...

Wink ...

#crysx

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:52:08 AM

This increase is a bit nerve wracking for me actually!

I promised that I'd work full time for the CRW dev team if the CRW price stabilised at around 0.00025.  That doesn't seem so far away now!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

I promised that I'd work full time for the CRW dev team if the CRW price stabilised at around 0.00025.  That doesn't seem so far away now!

hahaha ...

stonehedge going back on his word? ... no way ...

mate - seriously ... if one cannot commit to a project full time - then dont ... respect is always there for those that do their utmost for what they believe in - especially if others benefit from it ...

full time is a scary concept for most - especially in the scope of crypto - where devs and teams dont get paid to keep food on the table ...

i should know Wink ...

so ease up - and dont get so nervous mate ... respect is is there for you - till the day you ever become disrespectable ... which i hope is never ...

anyway - no answer at all ( that i can see ) for the pool question i posted earlier ... so i guess ill leave it - or create one and hope for the best Tongue ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 12:03:27 PM

Avoid using the YoBit exchange!

Warning: Please avoid trading CRW at the YoBit exchange at all cost. They still haven't updated and run on the old chain, so any CRW you deposit to or withdraw from YoBit WILL BE LOST! Trying our best to get them to update, but they seem to be ignoring us for no reason.

Instead: It's 100% safe to trade CRW on Bittrex [CRW-BTC] and C-Cex [CRW-BTC]. Happy trading! Smiley

I have lost track of how many times we have contacted them.  Yobit might as well be a scam.  We have been warning them about this for months.

To make things worse, even though they know there is a problem with the wallet, they are still allowing people to generate deposit addresses and send coins!

yobit? ... yobit? ... holy crap ...

the amount of coins and projects that have been complaining about yobit ... their lack of ethics - their lack of time management - their lack of care to anyone or any project - unless yobit is making LOTS of money from it ...

please stay away from yobit with all you have ... till the day they 'fix' their 'care' issues and lack of patronage to their customers ...

i am going to have one HELL of a time with ozc and drz now ... and i REALLY dont want to contact them again ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:07:31 PM

I promised that I'd work full time for the CRW dev team if the CRW price stabilised at around 0.00025.  That doesn't seem so far away now!

hahaha ...

mate - seriously ... if one cannot commit to a project full time - then dont ... respect is always there for those that do their utmost for what they believe in - especially if others benefit from it ...

full time is a scary concept for most - especially in the scope of crypto - where devs and teams dont get paid to keep food on the table ...

i should know Wink ...

so ease up - and dont get so nervous mate ... respect is is there for you - till the day you ever become disrespectable ... which i hope is never ...

anyway - no answer at all ( that i can see ) for the pool question i posted earlier ... so i guess ill leave it - or create one and hope for the best Tongue ...

#crysx

I've been working full time on crypto since August, just means I'll be even more focussed here rather than on my blockchain consultancy work which (just about) pays the bills.

I'd love it to happen.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 12:10:06 PM

hahaha ...

i should know Wink ...

#crysx

I've been working full time on crypto since August, just means I'll be even more focussed here rather than on my blockchain consultancy work which (just about) pays the bills.

I'd love it to happen.

mate ...

i hope it does for you ...

if anyone deserves it - we all know who does ... and you are one of them ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:27:56 PM

Sorry to be a bother, I don't want my post to get buried though. Anyway someone can help me out with the Mac wallet installation from the tar.gz? Thanks guys!

I am liking the ideas behind the project. Might I ask - what specific DApps will be most successful or useful being run on throne nodes? I'm having a bit of trouble imagining use cases and this is probably due to me being a bit unclear on exactly how it will all work. I haven't gone through all of the posts in the forum in a while so I may very well be missing some stuff. Nice to be around these parts again though. Thanks LucD for awakening me from my long Bitcointalk slumber. lol.

Cheers!
in terms of what DApps would be most successful or useful -- I don't think any of us really know, but I would offer a few simple observations to help you thinking about the issue -- these examples are meant to be illustrative/informative of potential ways that the functionality we are trying to achieve could be implemented:

1. Just think of it as a client - server network that is cryptographically secured using the key pair and verification capabilities in the Crown Core.  So, what can a secure open client server network be used for?

2. The first stage of applications are likely to just be a migration of services or applications which you have elsewhere onto the platform because it is less expensive, more secure, or ideally just better.  For this first layer of applications, just imagine if you could spin up a docker container of any application that is easily containerized in a single container... don't know if docker will be used, but there will be some sort of containerization and orchestration capabilities which will be able to be used with the API.  Imagine that initially all these simple apps are free to use, but that as the system evolves there would be different purchase models for different applications.

3. Each node operator will have discretion over and responsibilities for applications running on their node/tron.  So there will need to be a service discovery and connection protocol, because users will be selecting a service and a node to run it on.  

4. The application interface will just be a browser window.  In the papers the "temporary mode" of Crown is referred to as the journal.  Functionally, the best way to think of the "journal" implementation is probably just as a browser with a Crown Journal plug-in/extension -- or that is probably the quickest way to implement it.  It's tempting to imagine a customized browser -- but that is probably overkill...

5. No computation is happening on the blockchain.  The blockchain is just being used for transactions & keys -- that's what it for and what it is best at.  The blockchain is permanent -- but the application uses are not.  

6. So what we are talking about isn't DApps like Ethereum has popularized them.  We are just proposing that one might be able to offer the existing applications that are out there, but in a more secure and efficient way.  And we would like to invite developers to come to our platform as a marketplace for their applications over time -- since we would ideally offer access to a global user base, instant payment and our platform doesn't need to charge excessive fees to provide returns for venture investors...

7. In terms of what you would be able to do on this platform -- well, it's a general purpose platform for compute, communication and commerce.  You have integrated payments and you can do whatever you would with any server, as long as it has been packaged as a service by one of the Trons/nodes.  The services themselves may run on the actual machine which is also the machine running the Crown Server software we call a Tron, or it could just be another VM/machine/container which is controlled from the Tron or just contracting with the Tron.  That will be up to the operator of the Tron -- as are the costs of services offered by that node/Tron.  The nodes are thus each really running as cloud service providers, with access and payment managed through the Crown Network.  

8.  There are a number of logic flaws in the DApp model as it exists now -- and they are probably fundamental.  The biggest issue with the DApp model is that by creating a true distributed application framework Ethereum has created an instrument for CENTRALIZATION -- not decentralization.  This is because the point of centralization is in the control structures and logic in the DApps which can't be shut down.  This logic flaw is precisely why Ethereum and clones of it are of interest to corporations -- because a DApp is a perfect instrument for someone to project control through programmatic means.  In this way, I think we all need to consider whether DApps --as appealing as they may sound actually achieve the opposite of their intended object -- or whether there might at least be some unintended consequences.  It would seem we should be open to logic flaws in this system since the existence of last years fork is a sort of testament to one of those logic flaws, and that was just an operational detail -- not the larger ones that scare me.

9.  General purpose platform for compute, communication & commerce.  That's a key to really think about.  The value of a currency is from its many uses -- money is useful because it removes the coincidence of wants which constrains a barter economy.  So the best way to create a valuable currency is to create something with many uses... a sort of leatherman tool.... But the other quality of money is that you have to have a community of users -- you can't just build something perfect do an ICO and expect everyone to come -- you have to build the code and the community together and we all have to have ownership.  It has to be shared.  

10.  Anyone launching a coin with a single use, or focus, by definition may be a genius coder -- but they are economically stupid and don't understand what a currency is or why money exists. Anyone doing an ICO also faces an uphill battle because they also don't understand money, and the fact that it's value is socially constructed and that it also needs to be broadly distributed to those who find it useful to be of value -- money does not appear in a voila or unveiling -- or if it does it is meaningless, has no social construct supporting it.  

11.  So this general purpose platform for compute, communication and commerce -- just simply offering this platform as a creative canvas to the community --- that's the key. And if we can attract creative entrepreneurs -- then there is no reason that someone couldn't run a VOIP phone service from a Tron, or a virtual desktop, or run a machine learning / data science server service.  You could just stream video from India or Philippines to expats for a subscription fee...etc  

12. The business model of the core team is that the business of the core team is to provide this canvas.  We will not compete with service providers who are operating outside a set of "utility applications" -- the utility applications will need to be explicitly defined and this will be done through the proposal system Crown inherited from Dash. This commitment of the core team not to be in the application business but to provide an application platform on which entrepreneurs can build businesses is another important feature discussed in the papers which I don't think anyone actually read...Wink   If you think about the business opportunities on and around this sort of platform there are three broad opportunity sets: (1) node operator / service provider, (2) application developer, (3) onboarding & bridging.  The first opportunity is just starting to be implemented; the second opportunity will become active once the API is defined and we will be starting to test it -- so this starts before the code update which pushes the API and other changes out to everyone; the third opportunity set is the one most often forgotten but essential -- how do people get money into Crown?  how and why would a merchant adopt crown in a community?  how do addresses get registered so that they can be used in the future to hold other assets as regulators understand how blockchains lower oversight and compliance costs?  what are the opportunity to move different real world economic transactions and businesses onto the network over time?  

So that's kind of the idea.  General purpose compute first -- then probably communication, and then once we have shown reliability for those -- more and more commerce will come on board.   And the value of the currency would be derived not from the cost of subsidized power in China -- but from the value in use to perform tasks which help people live their lives... pretty simple when you step back a little -- but the devil is in the details...

Hope that makes a little sense...

Just reposting this brilliant post about the intentions we have for the API we are working on.

I assume we'll be having a fair few first time visitors to this thread after today's price action so it would be good to keep people informed.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 01:39:34 PM

CrownCentral.net now LIVE!

Proud to announce that CrownCentral.net is finally online, part of it.. Cheesy Please keep in mind that it's still under development.

CrownCentral.net is a newly developed platform for all things Crown, it will consist of various services contributing to the Crown network.

Main link: www.CrownCentral.net

Services
  • Statistics: Calculates Tron earnings/ROI and shows Crown stats - https://stats.crowncentral.net/ (Online)
  • Timeline: Displays all milestones/achievements of Crown - Coming soon!
  • Monitor: Tron monitor to track uptime/payments and vote on proposals - Coming soon!
  • Help: Help center containing guides/tutorials for Crown/Trons - Coming soon!

CrownCentral is a community project - a lot (more) can be achieved when we put our heads together! Smiley If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions feel free to PM me. You can also find me in the Official Crown Mattermost server.

Peace!

Great job on this luc, looking forward to the other features as well  Wink

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 01:49:42 PM

hi all ...

build process is underway for the dameon ...

could someone please specify what the two ports are for the coin ( among some other specs ) ...

rpcport and p2pport please ...

these are not specified on the op or the git that i can see ...

tanx ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:58:42 PM

hi all ...

could someone please specify what the two ports are for the coin ( among some other specs ) ...

tanx ...

#crysx

9340 for p2p
9341 for rpc
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 02:00:58 PM

hi all ...

tanx ...

#crysx

9340 for p2p
9341 for rpc

tanx mate ...

off to bed for me now ...

will finish this testing in the morning ...

i just wanted to start testing / syncing ...

compile seems to have finished well ...

Smiley ...

edit - started sync with no issues ... will check when i wake ...

nite all ...

#crysx

frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:07:32 PM

I found Crown to be a old coin from 2014,and i nearly have not hear this...Anyway,the roadmap says Crown update core of bitcoin and dash, does this come true
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:22:28 PM

I found Crown to be a old coin from 2014,and i nearly have not hear this...Anyway,the roadmap says Crown update core of bitcoin and dash, does this come true

Yes, updates were released last month. 
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 04:42:10 PM

Is there a guide to setting up thrones without a windows machine?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:52:41 PM

I'm afraid that all of the guides are windows (local) and Ubuntu (remote).

The process is the same though.  Very happy to help...
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 04:55:21 PM

are you in a slack/irc?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:59:20 PM

are you in a slack/irc?

Yes.  Come to mm.crownlab.eu or click this link https://mm.crownlab.eu/signup_user_complete/?id=na4mo7xw9bbn7rypa7in5q7zeo
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 06:33:47 PM

80 bitcoins traded on Crown for the last 24 hours on bittrex and c cex

1000 unique visitors visited crown.tech for the last 19 hours, this is a record  Smiley

IronThrone

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:27:33 PM

Hi all, first post here its time to stop lurking.

I setup a throne through node-vps its been "enabled" for 24hours+ and no payments received.
Woke up this morning to the throne status as "REMOVE" have i set up incorrectly or should i just restart and sit back?
Node IP is: 176.31.60.75:9340
incognitoworker

Activity: 736

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:19:30 PM

For some unknown reason i was unable to get my throne running properly.
Its the only masternode coin i had issues with, it gets the status "missing" after 1 hour.
Port is open in router.
Its a local setup, if i do not use masternode.conf i get error not able to connect.
When using masternode.conf, i get to start it, but it goes missing after the mentioned hour.
Asuming the issue is local, but what could it actually be??

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: