Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:05:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:27:02 PM

Well what can I say, I had a great weekend in London meeting Stonehedge, CHAOSiTEC, crowncoin_Knight and urban_idler. Awesome to meet 4 other people for a whole day to talk crypto and Crown.

So many plans/ideas were spoken about.
Maybe urban_idler can give the thread a breif breakdown of the meeting  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 11:02:32 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2016, 01:45:39 PM by logictense

I will support this if u present a hefty tremendous online seed generator with a mouse pointer acting as a randomizer for producing the keys. Yeah, its when u move ur mouse from side to side and it calculates a hash from movements of ur pointer adding extra awesomeness to the process of seed generation.

urban_idler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:27:09 AM

I will support this if u present a hefty tremendous online seed generator with a mouse pointer acting a randomizer for producing the keys. Yeah, its when u move ur mouse from side to side and it calculates a hash from movements of ur pointer adding extra awesomeness to the process of seed generation.

Thank you for your interest.

Please see:
http://www.crowncoin.org/paper_wallet/

You can also get to that page by clicking on the paper wallet option on the wallet page of the Crown website:
http://crowncoin.org/wallet.php
urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:32:50 AM

CROWN DEVELOPMENT TEAM MEETING NOTES
12/5/2016 – London / Blackfriars
9:30 AM -  3:30 PM

In Attendance: Chaositec, Defunctec, Crowncoin_Knight, Stonehedge, Urban_Idler

Purpose/Goals:
1.   Have a chance for people to meet face to face.
2.   Define and discuss each individual’s goals and reasons for involvement in the project, as well as their level of commitment.
3.   Discuss design principles and the elements of the Crown Revolution project.
4.   Begin to break out specific tasks, responsibilities and requirements for executing the project.

SUMMARY

The meeting served several the purposes listed above, and was the only way that the team could both digest the ideas which Chaositec and Stonehedge have articulated as the Crown Revolution and a face to face meeting was also the best way for team members to connect and commit to the goals of the project.

Everyone in attendance is committed to building, or attempting to build, a durable cryptographically secured application platform of lasting value.  This commitment and long-term orientation will be essential for the project’s success if we are to avoid “pursuing an attractive local maxima” – or in more colloquial terms, we aren’t going to run up to the top of the nearest hill and say we’ve won.  We have our sites set on a mountain – or constructing a system which solves problems which have developed for Bitcoin.

Chaositec articulated design principles which included the need for focus and simplicity – despite the fact that he himself can jump from idea to idea at different times.  The purpose of this note isn’t to get into any technical details, so this portion is truncated.  The key takeaway from the technical discussion was that everyone on the team at least conceptually understands the goals of the Crown Revolution project.  The course of work is leaving the conceptual phase and everyone on the team is onboard.

Stonehedge and Urban_Idler will begin work on the detailed documentation of the project, which is expected to result in a series of short white papers, and/or functional specifications describing what we will be attempting to build and why the high level logic suggests it should work and where the challenges may be as we drill down into the specific details.  The devil is always in the details.

Stonehedge and Urban_Idler discussed the importance of constructing the platform in a way that takes into account the different business models of the people running businesses on the platform.  Simplicity of the core platform is both a security consideration, but also a business consideration.  We want the platform to be stable and secure and rarely updated once it is completed so that economically successful communities of node operators and application developers can rely on and build their businesses on the Crown Network.

Part of the value of the Crown Platform will be that “Crown” will not be in the application business – Crown will be focused on the new blockchain and providing a stable framework for compute capacity and a process for integrating and operating applications on the platform.   

There are skills which the existing team lacks which will be needed to complete the project and we discussed how we would fill those skill gaps.  The team was in agreement that the way to do this would not be to raise capital from corporations. 

Despite the significant interest corporations have in blockchain at this point, the team believes that it is critical for the core Crown platform to stay clear of outside capital so that the project remains open source.  The world doesn’t need another technology platform controlled by corporations, arguably it needs more good ones that aren’t.

As the team thinks about the appropriate governance structure to both embed in Crown revolution (throne voting implementation details), Crowncoin_Knight and Urban_Idler agreed that it will be critical for the core platform to be organized such that we do our best to embed our values – in a way analogous to what Crowncoin_Knight did with the Knight’s Code, but formalized more as a sort of social contract or terms of service.  These elements of a social contract or terms of service should be constructed in collaboration with the community.  Crowncoin_Knight and Urban_Idler are idealistic about this, but it is not clear that these ideals can be implemented at the end of the day.  The only value of these statements may be as a signal to others who might be interested or deterred by them.

If the development process is successful, we hope to legally organize the project such that the intellectual property is held by a community benefit organization to prevent the platform from being captured by corporate interests, as one might argue has happened with Bitcoin. This would require more legal research, and may never happen. 

Defunctec updated the team on discussions with Bittrex.  The team has confidence and expressed support for whatever agreement he may be able to reach with Bittrex.  The address committed to covering Bittex’s listing expenses currently has a balance of about 2.2 BTC.

We quickly covered the current update to the latest Bitcoin/Dash core code for Crown which Infernoman has been working on and is on pace to complete before the end of the year, and the progress which Crowncoin_Knight is making on the website update -- texts were recently updated but the site is a little dated at this point.

And I think that’s about all that’s fit to print… except one last important detail...  I am someone who is sort of a “long-time listener, first time caller” in the crypto community.  My greatest personal concern coming into the meeting was that something from someone on the team would “set off my radar” – or it just wouldn’t feel right or add up.  In other words, I would get the vibe that someone was running a scam or that somebody just felt shifty or not genuine.  What I found was an eccentric, idiosyncratic group of very bright guys, all of whom are interested building something and whom I think I can learn from and also have fun working with. 

There are no guarantees that the team will reach its goals.  This is still a project, and not anyone’s full time job.  But if it fails to happen it won’t be due to a lack of effort from the team – the biggest issue is really that we know we don’t know everything we need to know to do this… which is an awkward sentence and an even more awkward feeling.

Our commitment to the community is just to communicate about our progress as we proceed. 
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 08:58:13 AM

[Add Crown to Bittrex Fund]

19EngcDCxQtSswQjonWBVdBqg1q7FK16hK

All funds raised will be used to list Crown on Bittrex.com

1.8 BTC raised in few days!

1.9133697 BTC on balance today

Fund balance at 2.2 BTC now

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 12:13:02 PM

CROWN DEVELOPMENT TEAM MEETING NOTES
12/5/2016 – London / Blackfriars
9:30 AM -  3:30 PM

In Attendance: Chaositec, Defunctec, Crowncoin_Knight, Stonehedge, Urban_Idler

Purpose/Goals:
1.   Have a chance for people to meet face to face.
2.   Define and discuss each individual’s goals and reasons for involvement in the project, as well as their level of commitment.
3.   Discuss design principles and the elements of the Crown Revolution project.
4.   Begin to break out specific tasks, responsibilities and requirements for executing the project.

SUMMARY

The meeting served several the purposes listed above, and was the only way that the team could both digest the ideas which Chaositec and Stonehedge have articulated as the Crown Revolution and a face to face meeting was also the best way for team members to connect and commit to the goals of the project.

Everyone in attendance is committed to building, or attempting to build, a durable cryptographically secured application platform of lasting value.  This commitment and long-term orientation will be essential for the project’s success if we are to avoid “pursuing an attractive local maxima” – or in more colloquial terms, we aren’t going to run up to the top of the nearest hill and say we’ve won.  We have our sites set on a mountain – or constructing a system which solves problems which have developed for Bitcoin.

Chaositec articulated design principles which included the need for focus and simplicity – despite the fact that he himself can jump from idea to idea at different times.  The purpose of this note isn’t to get into any technical details, so this portion is truncated.  The key takeaway from the technical discussion was that everyone on the team at least conceptually understands the goals of the Crown Revolution project.  The course of work is leaving the conceptual phase and everyone on the team is onboard.

Stonehedge and Urban_Idler will begin work on the detailed documentation of the project, which is expected to result in a series of short white papers, and/or functional specifications describing what we will be attempting to build and why the high level logic suggests it should work and where the challenges may be as we drill down into the specific details.  The devil is always in the details.

Stonehedge and Urban_Idler discussed the importance of constructing the platform in a way that takes into account the different business models of the people running businesses on the platform.  Simplicity of the core platform is both a security consideration, but also a business consideration.  We want the platform to be stable and secure and rarely updated once it is completed so that economically successful communities of node operators and application developers can rely on and build their businesses on the Crown Network.

Part of the value of the Crown Platform will be that “Crown” will not be in the application business – Crown will be focused on the new blockchain and providing a stable framework for compute capacity and a process for integrating and operating applications on the platform.   

There are skills which the existing team lacks which will be needed to complete the project and we discussed how we would fill those skill gaps.  The team was in agreement that the way to do this would not be to raise capital from corporations. 

Despite the significant interest corporations have in blockchain at this point, the team believes that it is critical for the core Crown platform to stay clear of outside capital so that the project remains open source.  The world doesn’t need another technology platform controlled by corporations, arguably it needs more good ones that aren’t.

As the team thinks about the appropriate governance structure to both embed in Crown revolution (throne voting implementation details), Crowncoin_Knight and Urban_Idler agreed that it will be critical for the core platform to be organized such that we do our best to embed our values – in a way analogous to what Crowncoin_Knight did with the Knight’s Code, but formalized more as a sort of social contract or terms of service.  These elements of a social contract or terms of service should be constructed in collaboration with the community.  Crowncoin_Knight and Urban_Idler are idealistic about this, but it is not clear that these ideals can be implemented at the end of the day.  The only value of these statements may be as a signal to others who might be interested or deterred by them.

If the development process is successful, we hope to legally organize the project such that the intellectual property is held by a community benefit organization to prevent the platform from being captured by corporate interests, as one might argue has happened with Bitcoin. This would require more legal research, and may never happen. 

Defunctec updated the team on discussions with Bittrex.  The team has confidence and expressed support for whatever agreement he may be able to reach with Bittrex.  The address committed to covering Bittex’s listing expenses currently has a balance of about 2.2 BTC.

We quickly covered the current update to the latest Bitcoin/Dash core code for Crown which Infernoman has been working on and is on pace to complete before the end of the year, and the progress which Crowncoin_Knight is making on the website update -- texts were recently updated but the site is a little dated at this point.

And I think that’s about all that’s fit to print… except one last important detail...  I am someone who is sort of a “long-time listener, first time caller” in the crypto community.  My greatest personal concern coming into the meeting was that something from someone on the team would “set off my radar” – or it just wouldn’t feel right or add up.  In other words, I would get the vibe that someone was running a scam or that somebody just felt shifty or not genuine.  What I found was an eccentric, idiosyncratic group of very bright guys, all of whom are interested building something and whom I think I can learn from and also have fun working with. 

There are no guarantees that the team will reach its goals.  This is still a project, and not anyone’s full time job.  But if it fails to happen it won’t be due to a lack of effort from the team – the biggest issue is really that we know we don’t know everything we need to know to do this… which is an awkward sentence and an even more awkward feeling.

Our commitment to the community is just to communicate about our progress as we proceed. 

Thank you for the summary urban_idler

I think there are some important points you have outlined:

1. The team met face to face, a rare thing in crypto, we saw our strengths and weaknesses, I think the personal meeting was a positive surprise for all.
2. We are starting to draft the white paper on our Crown revolution goals. Looking forward to that!
3. Governance structure - its essential for Crown to remain an open source with no funding from Corporations.

Great to meet you guys and looking forward!

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:53:40 PM

Thank you for the summary urban_idler

I think there are some important points you have outlined:

1. The team met face to face, a rare thing in crypto, we saw our strengths and weaknesses, I think the personal meeting was a positive surprise for all.
2. We are starting to draft the white paper on our Crown revolution goals. Looking forward to that!
3. Governance structure - its essential for Crown to remain an open source with no funding from Corporations.

Great to meet you guys and looking forward!

Hopefully once the new Dash code is updated we can get the ball rolling with Throne voting, should help us keep some kind of consensus and structure on where we should spend dev funds.
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 08:07:35 PM

Hey guys

iOS app is finally done. Few bugs to sort tomorrow then will submit to app store. Crown monitoring on iPhones in just a few weeks, following Apple approval  Grin

I am an iPhone user, so I am really looking forward to check my Thrones during the day on my phone! Great job calnaughtonjnr!

parthack9

Activity: 106

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:10:28 PM

What is that throne app. IS it good for btc wallets too?
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 08:11:27 PM

Update of Crown code to latest Bitcoin and Dash finishing up.

Few things left to do:

Adjust block reward -10% for budgets
Adjust sporks - superblocks
Adjust sporks - throne enforcement DONE
Test auxpow mining + specify auxpow address
Don't accept blocks with too low of a reward
add names/blockchain
add timestamping

Then final testing and release!

parthack9

Activity: 106

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:17:30 PM

Update of Crown code to latest Bitcoin and Dash finishing up.

Few things left to do:

Adjust block reward -10% for budgets
Adjust sporks - superblocks
Adjust sporks - throne enforcement DONE
Test auxpow mining + specify auxpow address
Don't accept blocks with too low of a reward
add names/blockchain
add timestamping

Then final testing and release!

Just read the op. Getting excited.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:52:50 PM

U urself add 30 bux to it every 3 hours and bump it. Gotcha. All trails are parsed and lead to ur scam jungling machine.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:56:19 PM

What is that throne app. IS it good for btc wallets too?

The App moniters yours Thrones. A Throne is our version of a "masternode" and the app, stores and shows you when a Throne has been paid.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 09:06:07 PM

U urself add 30 bux to it every 3 hours and bump it. Gotcha. All trails are parsed and lead to ur scam jungling machine.

Roll Eyes

Show me a 30 Buck payment...

The fund has been donated to by several people with different size donations. We've raised over $1500 in under a week, why not shout about it?
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:18:59 AM

Thanks to Stonehedge, Crowncoin_knight, defunctec and urban_idler, it was a great meeting, and we did get some good discussions going, after outlining my vision for crown, i think everyone understands where i want to take us, and yes i do have alot of ideas, but for the moment we will focus on the main things to get crown revolution going.

Alot of things still needs some research, but the project is not unachiveable, some technical things have to be solved, but they have been solved by other people so it should not be a hinderance.

moving forward, we will at some point, setup some form of legal entity, but we will be forming it so that we utlimately will be answering to the community, not corporations.

Having said that, i still think there would be good opertunities for accepting donations from individuals or corporations, without compromising the integrity of crown revolution, also maybe even, if some industries would ask for a customized version for their internal use, it could be used to pay those working for our legal entity, but this will need to be duscussed within the core. the possibilities are there, and with the outline we have set us up for, i do think we might ending up attracting outside money somehow. But the main focus will always be toward the community, we will never close up and take things private, this is the comitment we have all agreed to during our meeting.

today is going to be my rest day, but tomorrow, i will start outlining the big overview, then cutting things down to more manageable sizes, and defining what is needed to reach each individual stages.

this is the start of the crown revolution journey...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:29:29 PM

Howdy guys! Decided to drop by and say hi. Smiley

First of all, I think it's fantastic you guys managed to arrange a meeting and actually meet eachother in person. A big whopping KUDOS to all of you, amazing! It doesn't only add a great amount of trustworthiness to the team, it also shows how dedicated and serious you guys are about the Crown Revolution project. Yep, puts a smile on my face! Smiley

Really curious to see how this will develop, keeping a close eye.

Hate my absence but I'm still ridiculously occupied with personal matters for at least another month. Around mid-January I'll be able to spend time on crypto again and get back to you guys, in the meantime it is what it is. Really can't wait to finally get the CRW-related project started with Mr. Calnaughtonjnr. Cheesy

Keep up the good work and sharp updates, speak soon!

EDIT:
I haven't yet, but will real soon add some BTC to the Bittrex/donation fund as well! Kiss

We look forward to and await your return!

The meeting was great, hopefully the next one you can make it along  Wink

Can any beans be spilled on the little side project you have going? I'm clueless Tongue
sitonmythrone

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:17:58 AM

First of all, I think it's fantastic you guys managed to arrange a meeting and actually meet eachother in person. A big whopping KUDOS to all of you, amazing! It doesn't only add a great amount of trustworthiness to the team, it also shows how dedicated and serious you guys are about the Crown Revolution project. Yep, puts a smile on my face! Smiley

Hate my absence but I'm still ridiculously occupied with personal matters for at least another month. Around mid-January I'll be able to spend time on crypto again and get back to you guys, in the meantime it is what it is. Really can't wait to finally get the CRW-related project started with Mr. Calnaughtonjnr. Cheesy

EDIT:
I haven't yet, but will real soon add some BTC to the Bittrex/donation fund as well! Kiss

The meeting was great, hopefully the next one you can make it along  Wink

Can any beans be spilled on the little side project you have going? I'm clueless Tongue

My invite no come in to big meet?1  Y no me invitee?  I massseve invest in big crown.  Whale need seet at table.  

ps. crown dumps?  Confused... thought moon!  Where is my x10 return?  I promise this by crowncoinknight.

pps.  whale is me big bitcoin now!

ppps.  campaign sig gone? I build big signater to make me crw in pocket. send me now.

Send SPR Dev Jail NOW
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:36:58 AM

EDIT:

My invite no come in to big meet?1  Y no me invitee?  I massseve invest in big crown.  Whale need seet at table.  

ps. crown dumps?  Confused... thought moon!  Where is my x10 return?  I promise this by crowncoinknight.

ppps.  campaign sig gone? I build big signater to make me crw in pocket. send me now.

Next time we meet we should hold a plenary session so that investors and supporters can be involved.

Not sure where next meeting will be. Maybe Prague?
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 01:14:18 PM

EDIT:

Next time we meet we should hold a plenary session so that investors and supporters can be involved.

Not sure where next meeting will be. Maybe Prague?

actually a very good idea to invite more followers so we can all meet and discuss Crown. I will organize it in Prague in course of next year and let everyone know, I think at the time of next meeting, this moves to the next stage.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:24:53 PM

Provided by crowncoin_knight, who is working on the new website,
Changes will be made in the next weeks to make this look completely amazing.

Sketch 1 - Logo Evolution

Sketch 2 - Landing Page Potentials

Sketch 2 - Landing Page Potentials

Cant wait to see this live!
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: