Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:49:07 PM

I would like to make a couple donations to help out the community I am joining.

Firstly, I would like to send 10,000,000 moneritos to the Monero House, because I can't wait to see what the devs bring out shortly!

I would also like to donate 10,000,000 moneritos to the University, because science.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sphericon

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:52:23 PM

I implore all you who are in this game or who have just started--this area will undoubtedly be most wonderful, if only a few more citizens would develop it. I hope to see you around the streets in Borough 5 soon.

-noms
Aspiring businessman
Part-time bard

If you cannot fill the 18q yourself, you can always split it up and list the spinoff lots for sale! Admins are entitled to ask a few million for the service but might do it for free if you explain clearly and ask nicely Smiley

This is the way to create action in the area which has high plans but not much reality yet.

Did you see the road was just paved!

That is a great idea, perhaps I will split that property I bought into some smaller shops for those who may want to come into the area but don't want to spend that much.  I just searched for 18q on the wiki site and this thread, but I came up empty-handed. Would anyone be so kind as to point me to the form, and I will then pour over it? Thanks Smiley

The road was paved... you don't mean the one from Borough 5 to Ye Olde Town??! That would be quite exciting if so.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:43:03 PM

Major auction of many Smooth QC assets

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973099.0
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:59:59 PM

18q

Meaning 18 quadrats, a rather large lot for a smallholder. For comparison, the Royal Palace is on 21 q, and the House Of Magnificence (the second-most-prestigious Royal holding currently) is on 9 q.

The road was paved... you don't mean the one from Borough 5 to Ye Olde Town??! That would be quite exciting if so.

Light gray road is paved, and the Town just did it after you bought the lot there. Also it is now properly called an Esplanade, because the lanes are separated by a small park in the middle.

1-5 road is not paved, it's a bigger project.

Firstly, I would like to send 10,000,000 moneritos to the Monero House, because I can't wait to see what the devs bring out shortly!

I would also like to donate 10,000,000 moneritos to the University, because science.

Done.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:13:03 AM

The Marquess of Soul, Ph.D.
The Embassy Tower, 5 Central Square, Old Town, CryptoTown

The Chancellor, The Earl of Cryptoluna
3 Earls' Street, Old Town, CryptoTown

Dear Sir,

Hope all is fine with your trading and industrial empire, as well as everything is good with my restaurant and retail.

When I donated 1,500,000,000 to the University for the construction of the main building, it was not my intention that nothing would be going on there. It feels that the money could have been better used to promote Culture and Science in cooperation with His Majesty in the Palace of Culture and Science, or the School of Economics, or other institutions that actually work.

I have conversed with my friend, His Majesty the King, and he is more than happy with the mountains of stone he has been able to buy lately. To speed up both the coming of the Online version and the inauguration of the departments in the university, His Majesty has decided that no stone will be produced until the market is ready to absorb them.

Yours, etc.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:31:10 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 01:01:07 AM by smooth

When I donated 1,500,000,000 to the University for the construction of the main building, it was not my intention that nothing would be going on there. It feels that the money could have been better used to promote Culture and Science in cooperation with His Majesty in the Palace of Culture and Science, or the School of Economics, or other institutions that actually work.

You are absolutely right. I must confess that I have found the Science and Culture subgames to be rather perplexing. I had hoped that with the coming of an online version this would become less so, but as we know this has not happened. You may take some satisfaction in knowing that the game rules have turned your donation (and those of others of course) into a sizable rental-pool and a modest restaurant-pool return to the University coffers which may be well-applied to productive University activities in future eras.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:57:24 AM

Home, sweet home...

Mooo closed the door of his newly bought house and looked right and left, committing the unfamiliar masonry to memory. Time would tell whether he had snatched one of the last affordable homes in the old town, but for now, one particular thing needed doing soon.

Mooo took a few steps in the dimming evening light, and crashed into the bed, ready to spend his first night in doors in days.

sphericon

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:53:36 AM

HM The King
The Royal Palace, 1 Central Square, Old Town, CryptoTown

Your Majesty,

I bid on the auction for smooth's mined out 5-E parcel of land and won it. I noticed that Your Majesty's friend, rpietila, also placed a bid upon it. Two things crossed my mind-either a) there was a plan for the land, either for certain building types or roads of some sort, or b) there was a requirement for the cost of a quarry-sized piece of land to not go below 1000m. Or, perhaps both of these were in play.

Regardless of the reasons, I ended up bidding and winning the auction. To appease the town council, I was going to ask if there was something they had in mind for the overall plan for the borough.  Otherwise I will likely divide the land up and parcel it out, with streets that logically match the 5-C style.

Your faithful subject,
noms

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 11:41:26 PM

The final ancient years: 1595

Game goes on pause

When the Ancient era ends in approximately 72 hours or when all that has been promised to happen, has happened, the game will be paused so that most of the databases will be frozen and time will not elapse, so the only permitted financial activity is buying and selling of some assets.

This will give me and the team time to plan and execute the transition to the online version. We do not have a release date yet, the transition will happen as soon as possible, but not in an undue hurry. Since the launch coincides with the gold listing, we do not want to foil our great moment by releasing a product that does not work, after investing so much on it already. So most players will get a break, and me + some others will sweat Smiley

Gold price and dividends

The gold price in these final ancient years, in anticipation of the much increased activity in the Online game, and the listing in the major crypto exchange, has crept to 383,000 m/CKG. The latest dividend today was 1,986 m/CKG (0.52% per week). To be noted, however, is that only 33% of the town surplus is doled out as dividends. A nice sum of 19,200 XMR has been set aside for future development costs, and when the income becomes permanently higher than the development, the dividends can be increased a lot.

Promotions in 1595

Zechariah, The Earl of Tavastia has been promoted Marquess. "We have tried as long as fatherly possible to not let rumors of nepotism spread over the Kingdom. With the same credentials as my son, in culture, business, wealth and magnanimity, anyone else would have been promoted Marquess long ago, and the honor befalls Zechariah in the tender age of 159."

Master Riddick has been ennobled (Baron, L9). "Lord Riddick has owned enough gold for enough time to be eligible for the promotion. He is the first cat to be ennobled."

Master Callixtus has been ennobled. "Lord Callixtus has owned enough gold for enough time to be eligible for the promotion. He is the first Church sockpuppet to be ennobled and he will be given an ecclesiastical title by HG The Bishop himself."

The ceremony was held in the Throne room. noms and xulescu were also invited to show Mastery (L6). Throne Room Badges were given out for the first time since 1532, when one was awarded to Sir kronicblazer, the extant Earl of Grass, upon his initial ennobling.

A host of other commoners were promoted as well.

NPC promotions

One more round is coming, and has not yet come. I don't tell when it comes to prevent gaming Smiley All Earls and higher are very much urged to get their Army company now, to be the first in line to pacify new lands when that is opened. Also scooping up other valuable NPC might not be a bad idea. The value of NPC's will not be diluted in the new game.

Ancient Items Credit

This credit will be spawn from Culture balance and ownership of Ancient buildings (all buildings). The credit is initially non-transferable, as is culture. Later on it can be converted to items such as:

100,000 AIC = Engraved wooden box
1M AIC = A manuscript
10M AIC = A very fine carpet/tapestry
100M AIC = A throne overlaid with silver and ivory

The planned ship that would have brought ancient items to be auctioned in these final years was unfortunately shipwrecked with a lamentable loss of life and a great value of goods, so no auction will be possible. Some rumors say, however, that both the men and cargo were salvaged by pirates who take refuge in lands that are far away but rightfully ours. Oh well, this will have to be settled in the new era...

Accepting new characters

It is still possible to become an Ancient character, the 100 rows in the DB is not a limit, more can be made. When the era ends, it will be possible to buy gold in anticipation of the listing, but the "character" created will not be Ancient.

Farewell, my loving people.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:47:55 AM

Master Riddick has been ennobled (Baron, L9). "Lord Riddick has owned enough gold for enough time to be eligible for the promotion. He is the first cat to be ennobled."

Lord Riddick purrs with great satisfaction in this Noble recognition. Soon his marvelous palace and tea house will be erected in the Old Town, all are welcome. :3

sphericon

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:34:46 AM

Looking to buy clothing of any type, with or without gold embellishment! pm me here or on irc if you have anything you'd like to sell Smiley

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:50:48 AM

Liquidation of Smooth QC assets proceeds

We are almost complete with liquidating the Smooth QC assets. The bank loan for headquarters buildings has been repaid early, saving a bit of interest, and sufficient moneritos exist in the corporate treasury to repay the financing provided by smooth to acquire quarry sites. The remaining funds will be distributed to shareholders as a special dividend of approximately 1m per share. A few small assets remain to be liquidated.

In all, the book value is now approximately 1.8, which is 10% below the original IPO price of 2.0. It gives me no great pleasure to report a loss of 10% to the shareholders, but given the condition of the stone market during our period of operation I'm satisfied with the outcome. We could have done much worse.

For the time being we are holding on to one of the headquarters buildings (land and building owned outright) because the land records are incomplete (the transition from v1 to v2 of the quarry game took place during Roopatra's absence). Smooth QC will continue as a property holding company which generates roughly 3m in annual rental income (0.006m/share) and that will also be distributed to the shareholders. In addition the corporation holds some non-transferrable culture points which may or may not turn out to be valuable in some way. We will see.
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:28:01 AM

The final ancient years: 1595
NPC promotions

One more round is coming, and has not yet come. I don't tell when it comes to prevent gaming Smiley All Earls and higher are very much urged to get their Army company now, to be the first in line to pacify new lands when that is opened. Also scooping up other valuable NPC might not be a bad idea. The value of NPC's will not be diluted in the new game.

The Grand Hotel is offering its two Army Companies up for auction at this time...  Many of these Higher Level officers have been training for decades, even centuries!  The Grand Hotel has been supporting them for all this time and now it is time for an Earl or higher to take command.

Starting Bid - 100m
The Grand Hotel 1st Company - 9 Strength Points
3,300,000 Annual Salary
     1 - CAP
     3 - LT
     1 - MSG
     3 - SGT
     5 - CPL
     4 - PTE

Starting Bid - 200m

The Grand Hotel 2nd Company - 14 Strength Points
2,750,000 Annual Salary
     1 - LTC
     1 - CAP
     1 - LT
     1 - MSG
     1 - SGT
     3 - CPL
     4 - CPL

The auction for these companies will end on 3 days from the time of this post!
sphericon

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:51:44 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 06:07:21 PM by sphericon

My townsmen, I have 3 buildings that are queued up for building and have inspected plans that are ready to go. I simply need an admin to put them into the database, is there anyone about that could help with this task? i would be most appreciative. I will donate 5m to that admin if they can add them today.

:edit:

I would like to extend my humble thanks to His Grace, SirJacket, for helping me learn more about architecture this day. I helped design a couple buildings with him and he was able to add them to the building registry.

Exciting times lay ahead of us, no doubt. With the hint that was dropped about NPC characters, especially military ones, I am primed for some action in that regard. Barbarians, anyone?

sphericon

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:57:50 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 01:30:03 PM by sphericon

Noms the Merchant has spent close to a decade in this land, and he is very excited that he found Crypto Kingdom, and even more-so that he was able to get in early enough to become Ancient!  His background has been one of a varied past-he grew up the son of a pauper and after a lot of hard work, has been able to invest his share of the farm he started working on into more and more land investments. He has found a unique opportunity here in Crypto Kingdom and he has put out the request to settle part of 4-E.

4-E will have a palace on it (required to have a building in order to claim the land), but it is also paved with streets, a fine springs in the middle, Pursuit of Knowledge Springs.  This springs is surrounded by an elegant green way, perfect for strolls in the morning or to clear your mind as you pursue knowledge.

This brings him to his vision for the area. Borough 4 is known to be full of swamps, unknown creatures, and fraught with uncertainty.  The aforementioned area is to be developed as a science and research campus only.  All of the buildings zoned are to be used for housing (no more than 50%) for researchers/NPC's, and the rest to further the science of Crypto Kingdom.  We would like to specifically focus on working on the problem of the "impassable areas" that litter this borough. This land could be well utilized if only there was a way to tame these wild areas, as well as the creatures that may reside within.

The other area of research we are very interested in studying is how to get more interesting and valuable minerals/stones out of the quarries. There must be a large amount of emerald, rubies, sapphires, diamonds, and other types of stone such as marble and granite of many different colors. We would like to study the art of extracting these pieces in large chunks so as to be able to use them for gilding streets, buildings, and other community areas.

To further support the idea of research, the streets are named Wisdom Lane, Enlightenment Row, and Scholarship Boulevard. Anyone who wishes to build near these streets may secure one of these lots for a nominal price  of 1m per quadrat (q) to cover development costs of the land, as it is quite expensive to get stone to Borough 4!  The hope is that scientific research buildings will be placed and some of that science may be donated to the town council for enhancing the region as a whole.

Below you can see the proposed layout and the different land parcels that will be available in the next year, pending scribe availability to enter into the town records.

equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 11:38:42 AM

^This is a big science campus and it will help to bring enlightenment to the Crypto Kingdom. I have dedicated most of my house in the swamps to science too. Even when my scientists are taking rest, they are inspired by the biodiversity of the swamps. This makes them quite productive - they are generating almost a whole SCI point per year.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:01:55 PM

In addition the corporation holds some non-transferrable culture points which may or may not turn out to be valuable in some way. We will see.

A corporation may give CUL points as dividends to shareholders (as the Town has already done). If the corporation is dissolved with CUL in its name, the points will give it a ranking in the Hall of Fame, same as the CUL points of a deceased player character do. These points will likely generate no further benefit, but you never know.

sphericon

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:59:02 PM

^This is a big science campus and it will help to bring enlightenment to the Crypto Kingdom. I have dedicated most of my house in the swamps to science too. Even when my scientists are taking rest, they are inspired by the biodiversity of the swamps. This makes them quite productive - they are generating almost a whole SCI point per year.

It is great to have another science supporter taking up residence in XX4. Let's make some crazy science together!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:36:44 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 04:17:38 PM by rpietila

Starting Bid - 200m[/b]
The Grand Hotel 2nd Company - 14 Strength Points
2,750,000 Annual Salary
     1 - LTC
     1 - CAP
     1 - LT
     1 - MSG
     1 - SGT
     3 - CPL
     4 - CPL

The auction for these companies will end on 3 days from the time of this post!

The Marquess of Soul feels the need to enter the Army game and bids 200 million. Bid assumes the promoted condition of the officers/soldiers, resulting in 18 strength points.

This company has one of only 4 Colonels in the game. The others are HH the Duke of N.L., HE the Prince of OZ and one NPC in the Royal 2nd Company.

Colonel is the 2nd-highest rank, only General ranks higher. HM is the only General.

Commissioning an Army Company means an instapromotion to L8/Knight or higher.

sphericon

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:04:47 PM

Starting Bid - 100m
The Grand Hotel 1st Company - 9 Strength Points
3,300,000 Annual Salary
     1 - CAP
     3 - LT
     1 - MSG
     3 - SGT
     5 - CPL
     4 - PTE

bid 100m

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: