Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitcoinMax.com] Closed  (Read 190155 times)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 05:54:49 AM

Payb.tc, I for one, wouldn't mind throwing a few BTC your way to put something together where only the people who elect to give Pirate their information gets passed on.  It would have to be contingent on a few things though.  If Pirate paid only those accounts, only those accounts would be paid out and the people that chose to not give information would have to wait until further action is taken and their BTC are refunded.  There would also need other people to throw BTC in.

The other thing we could do is put together a list and have you sign off on it as accurate and we can forward it on to Pirate.  I know this was done before but I'm not sure it was ever verified by you before it was forwarded.

Also, given the fact that BitcoinMax's userbase is so large, I would imagine if everyone threw in a little there would surely be enough to get a lawyer involved and pay for payb.tc's time.

I can state with 100% acuracy that it was not signed off by payb.tc.

I highly doubt it would help but if paybtc wants access to the list I will give it to him, as stated in my orig thread.

payb.tc:
how much btc would you need to check this list, sign it and pass it to pirate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:21:34 AM

Payb.tc, I for one, wouldn't mind throwing a few BTC your way to put something together where only the people who elect to give Pirate their information gets passed on.  It would have to be contingent on a few things though.  If Pirate paid only those accounts, only those accounts would be paid out and the people that chose to not give information would have to wait until further action is taken and their BTC are refunded.  There would also need other people to throw BTC in.

The other thing we could do is put together a list and have you sign off on it as accurate and we can forward it on to Pirate.  I know this was done before but I'm not sure it was ever verified by you before it was forwarded.

Also, given the fact that BitcoinMax's userbase is so large, I would imagine if everyone threw in a little there would surely be enough to get a lawyer involved and pay for payb.tc's time.

I highly doubt it would help but if paybtc wants access to the list I will give it to him, as stated in my orig thread.

payb.tc:

BrightAnarchist is collecting this information to give to lawyers and maybe LEA. If you would like please pass it on top him. We are trying to collect coin back.

Oh my ....We have been there 4 weeks ago already.....Pirate ain´t even found.......keep your data at our chairman !

Cheers Zyk
payb.tc (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:39:02 AM

payb.tc:

BrightAnarchist is collecting this information to give to lawyers and maybe LEA. If you would like please pass it on top him. We are trying to collect coin back.

yes, got PM from him, will reply soon.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:53:22 AM

Payb.tc, I for one, wouldn't mind throwing a few BTC your way to put something together where only the people who elect to give Pirate their information gets passed on.

That ship has sailed, pardon the pun.  We had our window to get him the info, and it didn't happen unfortunately.

zyk

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:32:22 AM

payb.tc:

Name your laywers, tell us which part of LEA you informed, get transparent finally and stop hididing your IRC machinations from puplic scrutiny !!

Take care people, especially you payb.tc, they can fuck you over with this data ! Who the fuck is they beside BA and Goat ?

There are a lot of divergent interests in this.....don´t let  them again tell you to waste another 6 weeks because thats not in your but in stalling tactics

interests and maybe in some laywers interest. In this alone, payb.tc, doing nothing before it is explained to accountholders is the right stance !!

Cheers Zyk
zyk

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:07:57 AM

Would it not be reasonable for payb.tc to talk to pirates lawyer …

I personally believe he has none and neither needs nor wants one.

But if anybody knows pirate's lawyer, it would be a good idea to contact him quickly to make sure first that he exists. Why has that not happened yet?

Pirate has said he would give that information last Friday. Pirate however did not give that information. I personally would like to talk with Pirates lawyer

Why don´t you just get you one, when thinking of playing your hand, instead of twiddeling thumps?

He may still doesn´t even need to waste some of the loot for a laywer, as the PPT OP´s are still circelling around

panic- hoarded coins and themselves Wink   ---good luck to the goats---  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Cheers Zyk

P.S, pirates english is less butchered than zykloogish?

So here we are again : Goat and his laywers .......Now, he teams up with BA instead of pirate in IRC.....

Their laywers are not your laywers neither payb.tc´s are....please don´t forget your own common sense.

Cheers Zyk
sauc1er

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:13:59 PM

My uncle is a prominent lawyer in international business law, based in Germany but he has been in american courts often. I will have a chat with him and after explaining him the concept of bitcoin, he might be able to give a qualified answer on how the chances are of getting the coins back, if there even is a chance...
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:37:16 PM

Payb.tc, I for one, wouldn't mind throwing a few BTC your way to put something together where only the people who elect to give Pirate their information gets passed on.

That ship has sailed, pardon the pun.  We had our window to get him the info, and it didn't happen unfortunately.

How do you know that any of them got their coin back from this thieve?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
zyk

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:42:26 PM

My uncle is a prominent lawyer in international business law, based in Germany but he has been in american courts often. I will have a chat with him and after explaining him the concept of bitcoin, he might be able to give a qualified answer on how the chances are of getting the coins back, if there even is a chance...

There is a chance but only if shop is opened, payb.tc gets back his senses and thoroughly studies zykloogish.

Thanks

Zyk
zyk

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:49:13 PM

BrightAnarchist is leading the charge on the attack on Pirate. Please contact him and forward all evidence to him.

Thank you.

I don't like to call it an "attack" as that's not what I'm doing. I still feel that most likely he is going to pay. The ponzi theory is just one of two good theories that fit the evidence, and the other theory, if true, explains that he is most likely to return the funds and also may explain his lack of communication at this point. He may actually have a good reason for being quiet even if he has the best of intentions.

I'm trying to be civil here, hence why I created my own thread to express my intentions more clearly. I am simply gathering information and legal advice so we can determine exactly what our recourse will be if it becomes clear that he's going to run with the coins, but so far I still do not believe that is what his intentions are. That said, I'm not afraid to pull the trigger on this if/when we decide it is absolutely neccessary. The first step would simply be to send a demand letter.

I'm just trying to keep a level head here and do the right thing.

Btw thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108657

Seemingly the brightest of the Antichrists got me on ignore before even reading the first post Wink

Personally I feel that Pirate will pay back every last BTC. I just joined the forum back in April and it seemed that everyone was one big happy family at first and then all of a sudden the FUD against Pirate absolutely exploded to the point where it seems people are spending their entire day on this forum warning others about the dangers of the "Pirate Ponzi". Think about it - why are people devoting so much of their time and energy worrying about other people's money for absolutely nothing in return? The only explanation I can think of is that this is some sort of psyops that was put into action to try to discredit Bitcoin and contain its rise.

Classic! I must quote this too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Vladimir, thank you very much for the link sir - I am ashamed by my ignorance. Here I was thinking that the Stockholm Syndrome referred to when a hostage begins to look kindly upon their captor, but you have taught me that it can also refer to when one has faith and trust in an individual who graciously allowed them to share in their business venture and made them fistfuls of cash in the process

You are intellectually lazy, bitsire. Is it that difficult to make a connection from  people being held hostage to people's money being held hostage? Do I really need to explain you the obvious?

No need to spell it out for me - I totally see your point and understand the symbolism. Pirate is like my captor, but instead of taking me against my will I voluntarily walked into his house (ignoring the fact that there was a cube van with a heart shaped window parked out front). Next, instead of tying me up and bum blasting me in the basement, he showered me with cash and told me that I was free to go at any time. However, being the greedy piggy that I am, I stayed until he finally ran out of bills. Now I'm sitting in his living room waiting for him to get back from the bank. Before he left he told me where he was going and how long it would take, but even though he calls every now and then to let me know he's on his way home, deep down I realize he's on a flight to the Lady Boy Palace in Thailand and ain't never coming back.

You are all intellectually lazy....by writing nice pitoresque and fabulous stories  smoking and mirroring the crime scene which was hertofore born out of a community spirit

with OTC Ratings and personal trust.....from there on pirate started.....may be still proud of his own reputation...went down the slippery slope of a celebrity......applauded

by the colluders ( yes all those perpetrators off the same ponzi with the oldest accounts),

feeded by coins and coins he couldn´t even attach a buiseness model to.........and spiraled BTC from uselessness after the last crash to a ponzi currency...which´s sole purpose

is to skin off the newbies to the scene....and then and thats what takes so long right now...who is allowed to run off with which percentage of the stolen funds!?

There won´t be any bitcoincommunity left, if BCST is not closed in a transparent way, where the " buiiseness model " is disclosed and common sense applied in the

aftermaths !!

There is no one fell swoop of payment coming.......so what is the payout order???

The stance in the justness of this technality  seperates the criminals from the patsys and the victims!

May some discussion begin....in community spirit where common christian values are applied.

Thanks for listening

Cheers Zyk

P.S.  Bitcoin should be managed as the new world reserve currency ponzi....not as a mining pool chain letter

And now Sir Goat and Sir BA would you mind coming up with any other evidence for your BS about pirates motives other

than ruminating Zyks speculations from a months ago?

Facts please !

Thanks Zyk

zyk

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:53:58 PM

BrightAnarchist is leading the charge on the attack on Pirate. Please contact him and forward all evidence to him.

Thank you.

I don't like to call it an "attack" as that's not what I'm doing. I still feel that most likely he is going to pay. The ponzi theory is just one of two good theories that fit the evidence, and the other theory, if true, explains that he is most likely to return the funds and also may explain his lack of communication at this point. He may actually have a good reason for being quiet even if he has the best of intentions.

I'm trying to be civil here, hence why I created my own thread to express my intentions more clearly. I am simply gathering information and legal advice so we can determine exactly what our recourse will be if it becomes clear that he's going to run with the coins, but so far I still do not believe that is what his intentions are. That said, I'm not afraid to pull the trigger on this if/when we decide it is absolutely neccessary. The first step would simply be to send a demand letter.

I'm just trying to keep a level head here and do the right thing.

Btw thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108657

Yes, This is why BA is taking the lead so far:) He is more calm and reasonable than I am. And yes it is not an "attack". But the goal is to have coins recovered/returned Smiley

Sorry for being so dramatic.

No worries mate Smiley

The mentioned thread is still closed !

Are you using "Zyk ignorance" for the next cover up Huh Bitlane needs another wingflap I guess  Wink

Who is "we" and "they" ?

Post your IRC chatter!!

What is written in the letter ?

Whats the name of the laywer?

Who pays the laywer ?

What data has been collected?

And mates ....Do you really believe in bitcointalk.org everybody is braindead ?   no worries yet?

Cheers Zyk
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:11:59 PM

In the most part you are talking about getting back coins which never existed.  The original deposits were used to pay interest to those who wanted to withdraw it.  Everything else is paper profits, which never existed.  Pirate may have run off with a sizable amount of BTC but it is nowhere near what people think and will certainly not cover all the debt that people believe is owed!

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:20:00 PM

Can you video how he responds when you tell him that hundreds or thousands of people, some of whom actually consider themselves to be reasonably intelligent, gave six million dollars to somebody known as "pirateat40". I think that'd be fucking hilarious personally  Cheesy
sauc1er

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:26:01 AM

Can you video how he responds when you tell him that hundreds or thousands of people, some of whom actually consider themselves to be reasonably intelligent, gave six million dollars to somebody known as "pirateat40". I think that'd be fucking hilarious personally  Cheesy

I actually did not know that bitcoinmax just reinvested all the coins with pirate in the first place... but videotaping him is out of the question Wink
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:35:50 AM

I just want my initial deposit back of 10BTC Sad - if pay.btc isnt willing to send this chump change back then..... im willing to sell it for 5BTC

here is my account informaton:

PM me for details.  This whole thing is a shitfest and im a lowly college student trying to pay bills!
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:38:54 AM

I just want my initial deposit back of 10BTC Sad

im willing to sell it for 5BTC

PM me for details.  This whole thing is a shitfest and im a lowly college student trying to pay bills!
Based on the current market price of PPT's your asking price is somewhere in the region of 4.7BTC too high.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:45:13 AM

I just want my initial deposit back of 10BTC Sad

im willing to sell it for 5BTC

PM me for details.  This whole thing is a shitfest and im a lowly college student trying to pay bills!
Based on the current market price of PPT's your asking price is somewhere in the region of 4.7BTC too high.

lol really...then i might as well write it off as a lost and hopefully pay.btc will make things right - or whomever takes upon the initiative to bring pirate to justice will be good enough for me.
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:15:17 AM

Don't talk to him about recovering bitcoin, as if bitcoin was a currency.

You would probably get more traction if you talked about the real money value that was lent, and that it was transferred to pirate through bitcoin.

Bitcoin as the currency will get it treated like Second Life Lindens or World of Warcraft gold (or whatever they use)

Bitcoin as the transport medium, will get it treated more like paypal or other electronic funds transfers, so, IMHO, best course is not to bring in bitcoin if you can help it, and just bring in the actual paper value itself.

-- Smoov
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:06:07 AM

Don't talk to him about recovering bitcoin, as if bitcoin was a currency.

You would probably get more traction if you talked about the real money value that was lent, and that it was transferred to pirate through bitcoin.

Bitcoin as the currency will get it treated like Second Life Lindens or World of Warcraft gold (or whatever they use)

Bitcoin as the transport medium, will get it treated more like paypal or other electronic funds transfers, so, IMHO, best course is not to bring in bitcoin if you can help it, and just bring in the actual paper value itself.

-- Smoov

+1
Goat, I hope you and your ninja team reads this too. Good luck taking down scammer Trendon Shavers.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
btctraderr

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 11:39:49 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110152.0

<@pirateat40> Hello
* pirateat40 sets mode: +m
<@pirateat40> Q: What's going on?  A: In short, one of my largest clients decided they would make things difficult for me.  In the heat of the moment I made a move to secure the USD backing the coins when they were not returned and has made things much more difficult.
<@pirateat40> Q: Where have you been?  A: I realize not having information is annoying and somewhat concerning. I’ve stopped responding publicly until hard information was available due to some legal concerns that developed.  Once the attorneys (both mine and my clients) got involved, everything slowed down while everything was sorted out.
<@pirateat40> Q: When will we get our coins? A: As of today the earliest estimated time that coins can begin moving is Friday, Oct 12th.  I can only keep you updated on this date as I have more information.
<@pirateat40> Q: Why did you require PPT operators to submit their account holders information?  A: There’re a few reasons for doing this.  The largest of which was to remove the PPT operators from the added risk of their users claiming they were not paid once the main account was paid. The other reasons can not be disclosed.
<@pirateat40> Q: What is going to happen with bond issuers? A: Since bonds can be traded and have taken a large hit due to the closure of BTCST, I’ll be working with the bond issuers to find a solution that best suits their investors.
<@pirateat40> Also...
<@pirateat40> Those looking to file a suit against me or BTCST will not be eligible for repayment.
<@pirateat40> GPUMAX has never been associated with BTCST nor have any of it’s partners.  GPUMAX shared a wallet with one of the BTCST operating wallets for security and is now running it’s own secured wallet which is no longer associated with BTCST.
<@pirateat40> Threats are taken seriously by myself and my attorney.  A few of you will find out how serious I mean.
<@pirateat40> That’s all for now, I’ll be providing updates here when more information is available.  Thanks
* pirateat40 sets mode: -m
<@pirateat40> http://pastebin.com/e3gGFC37

What does this mean for Bitcoinmax?
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: