Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:46:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:44:18 PM

DataYes is now included in the Usage Statistics and already Nr. 1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

No we have kind of official confirmation. Announcement will follow most likely soon! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:23:17 AM

Anyway, what is the prediction for price for the end of next week?

Depends if Factom issues press releases on their bnktothefuture success and new valuation. If they do, I see the price moving towards that valuation no short term prediction needed and how widely they cover the news dictates the pace in which this valuation is met. Remember the last time it was valued at some $11 million it broke $20 million market cap anyway so it's after FCT reaches it's new valuation I'll start with some predictions!

Obviously the books look good specifically the sell side is quite thin. Was around 360K today up to 490K now but it means nothing as most bids have been placed levels we won't reach for a while to make it look a bit heavier.

We also need to consider M2 and how FCT handles the community at some point. Coherent and concise information for investors as well as users and contributors when the system becomes more accessible for all. This will go a long way on the cryptocurrency side as they're playing in the big leagues in terms of real world business in comparison to other crypto projects but this has not accurately translated into the cryptocurrency side for aforementioned reasons.

I saw they put up a user friendly guide to use their wallet on Medium the other day which is a step in the correct direction to reduce the amount held on centralized exchanges.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Mimir

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:59:59 AM

Hello Factom
l ve deleted and reinstalled Factom but still having problem running Factomd on win7,it s keep crashing.ls there anyone to help me to go through with basic steps to solve this issue pls?

this has happened to me the last few days on windows 10, the actual error is found at the top above the traceroute/github stuff, you possibly have the same issue I do.

Everytime I'd start factomd it would throw an
Code:
Out of Memory Error: Unable to assign ~60000 bytes
  my system is hardly underpowered so im guessing memory isnt the real issue, just the symptom.

Copied binaries and blockchain over to an ubuntu docker and it all works fine. Seen this thread today, tried to replicate and get the error code but everything seems to have fixed itself and factomd is syncing back up. So I dont have much to add, but there is a bug somewhere, perhaps memory leak on windows systems, but I hope Factom look into it, was very frustrating.

Cheers!

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
Mimir

Activity: 106

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:08:54 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 05:47:33 AM by Mimir

753,811 satoshis

There is a price speculation thread more suited to all this, also includes plenty of good info.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521895.0

Talk of price is always pleasant when its going up but you dont have to look back far to see how bitter and ridiculous it becomes when it goes the other way or even just stays still, it's borderline psychotic stuff.

There are people who gamble the food on the table for their kids on something they have little idea about then come take it out on the community because their highly leveraged bet went sour.

I have one prediction to make though: M2 will be announced, price will barely move, punters who thought they could make a bunch of easy cash with their amazing "inside" info will come here and complain

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
coinmauri

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:05:58 AM

Hey guys I'm trying to use the GUI wallet but it just doesn't work.. When I try to make a transaction, after I sign the transaction and hit the button "Send Transaction", nothing happens.. Tried 10s of times and still nothing. Anyone know what's happening ? Thanks
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:58:30 AM

753,811 satoshis

I d be close to this price, especially if Factom publishes their Bank of the future results and we see M2 implemented next week. Let us see what the market says.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:06:20 PM

Hey guys I'm trying to use the GUI wallet but it just doesn't work.. When I try to make a transaction, after I sign the transaction and hit the button "Send Transaction", nothing happens.. Tried 10s of times and still nothing. Anyone know what's happening ? Thanks

most likely your not fully synced, that happened to me as well.

read some of my prior posts on the fix ...

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:07:27 PM

And there it is:

DataYes + Factom Announce Collaboration

Immutable Stock Market Data Is Now Available To the World

Factom & DataYes are pleased to announce that together they have published onto the Factom blockchain pricing data for the 3,000 most valuable Chinese stocks. Program developers now have a powerful new tool for connecting their financial applications to the new world of blockchain technology.

This massive dataset of more than 10,000,000 records and growing, offers an amazing way for applications to verify and audit the world’s financial systems with more transparency and confidence than ever before.

“Some of the largest stock markets and the most valuable companies in the world are in China and so we believe it’s important to make their pricing data available to developers on a blockchain.” Said David Johnston, Chairman of the Board at Factom

“Today the exchanges send out the ‘mark to market’ price and we record them in blockchain as a two-step process. As Blockchain technology matures in the future, all transactions will be recorded on the blockchain, and the “mark to market” stock price as we know today will be evolved to ‘mark to blockchain’ naturally in one step.” Continued George Hu, General Manager at DataYes.

You can see the growing number of entries for DataYes the below chart.

(...)

About DataYes DataYes is China’s first open and big data information platform, curating both structured and unstructured data from across the globe covering key economic metrics as well as industry, company, e-commerce, search and social media data. It is a treasure box full of raw materials for artificial intelligence and quantitative investment research. DataYes is China’s leading edge financial technology company founded by a group of experts in the fields of finance and internet technology. It is invested by Wanxiang Group, one of China’s largest non-state-owned conglomerate. DataYes’ headquarter is located in Shanghai Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone, and has an office in Silicon Valley. For more information on DataYes, visit datayes.com.

(...)

https://www.factom.com/datayes-factom-announce-collaboration/

RT: https://twitter.com/factom/status/763388834096812033
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:12:44 PM

And there it is:

Factom & DataYes are pleased to announce that together they have published onto the Factom blockchain pricing data for the 3,000 most valuable Chinese stocks. Program developers now have a powerful new tool for connecting their financial applications to the new world of blockchain technology.

This massive dataset of more than 10,000,000 records and growing, offers an amazing way for applications to verify and audit the world’s financial systems with more transparency and confidence than ever before.

“Some of the largest stock markets and the most valuable companies in the world are in China and so we believe it’s important to make their pricing data available to developers on a blockchain.” Said David Johnston, Chairman of the Board at Factom

“Today the exchanges send out the ‘mark to market’ price and we record them in blockchain as a two-step process. As Blockchain technology matures in the future, all transactions will be recorded on the blockchain, and the “mark to market” stock price as we know today will be evolved to ‘mark to blockchain’ naturally in one step.” Continued George Hu, General Manager at DataYes.

(...)

About DataYes DataYes is China’s first open and big data information platform, curating both structured and unstructured data from across the globe covering key economic metrics as well as industry, company, e-commerce, search and social media data. It is a treasure box full of raw materials for artificial intelligence and quantitative investment research. DataYes is China’s leading edge financial technology company founded by a group of experts in the fields of finance and internet technology. It is invested by Wanxiang Group, one of China’s largest non-state-owned conglomerate. DataYes’ headquarter is located in Shanghai Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone, and has an office in Silicon Valley. For more information on DataYes, visit datayes.com.

(...)

Sell on news???
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:16:26 PM

Sell on news???

Please do.  I'm continuing to accumulate and would prefer not to continue running the price up so much.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:33:42 PM

And there it is:

(...)

(...)

This is what I call good news. Was it so hard to do it this way since the day 1. That s why the blog s there. Good work Factom.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:38:29 PM

And there it is:

(...)

(...)

Sell on news???

Everyones own choice. I never sell on good news. I would only sell if I believe to see bad signs because this are just the first steps. The real show will begin when the system is totally finished. Factom can grow for years.
ohsupgurl

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:30:13 PM

Don't think I'd sell with the news of the Series A funding coming up soon.
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:38:28 PM

And there it is:

(...)

(...)

Sell on news???

Everyones own choice. I never sell on good news. I would only sell if I believe to see bad signs because this are just the first steps. The real show will begin when the system is totally finished. Factom can grow for years.

Factom said:
Thrilled to work with http://DataYes.com  securing China's stock data

If Factom is doing well here... i believe not only China but other big countries will come to Factom.
 Grin
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:43:58 PM

Damn, this is turning into some serious stuff now. I see really, really potential in Factom. I ve been having my doubt about the team but I am glad they have disproved me so far.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
wannarahaa

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:44:15 PM

And there it is:

(...)

(...)

Sell on news???

Good and potential coin, don't sell and hold for long term. For bad coins, sell on the news.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

And there it is:

(...)

(...)

Sell on news???

Good and potential coin, don't sell and hold for long term. For bad coins, sell on the news.

Some may still sell on news, also in Factom. But maybe sold because they were "bored" and didn't understand that Factom is very reliable on delivering. More good news can be expected, M2 could come out at any time, and what I believe since the latest China-news: There may be some chances to get on other and maybe bigger exchanges in China and the more partnerships they have over there, the more attention Factom will get and the more sense it would make to provide Factoids to a larger audience - also to get external Developers in who can build Applications on top of it.

At least I don't believe the next time, weeks and months, will be boring.
D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:52:22 PM

I have one prediction to make though: M2 will be announced, price will barely move, punters who thought they could make a bunch of easy cash with their amazing "inside" info will come here and complain

For a lot of crypto projects this makes sense—"buy the hype, sell the news." But M2 is different. Paul Snow has said:

"When we get the Milestone 2 out the door, that will be my biggest win this year. ... We are at the very, very edge here, and so ... that will probably be a capstone for this year as well as many other years. It will be something I'm very proud of."

This passage starts at around minute 9:00, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gGy59cGq4

Not all announcements/updates are the same, or carry the same weight. And there have been few victories in crypto, imo, that carry more significance than M2. If successfully launched (which I believe is a question of "when," not "if"), M2 will open the door to much broader adoption and a lot of new, easier-to-use and more-advaced capabilities—all of which should continue to buoy the price.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:38:12 PM

For a lot of crypto projects this makes sense—"buy the hype, sell the news." But M2 is different. Paul Snow has said:

"When we get the Milestone 2 out the door, that will be my biggest win this year. ... We are at the very, very edge here, and so ... that will probably be a capstone for this year as well as many other years. It will be something I'm very proud of."

This passage starts at around minute 9:00, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gGy59cGq4

Not all announcements/updates are the same, or carry the same weight. And there have been few victories in crypto, imo, that carry more significance than M2. If successfully launched (which I believe is a question of "when," not "if"), M2 will open the door to much broader adoption and a lot of new, easier-to-use and more-advaced capabilities—all of which should continue to buoy the price.

Very good point!

And just btw: I even asked a friend what exactly Paul Snow says there because I couldn't understand it. He said "very hairy edge here". I'm not exactly sure what that means, I believe it could be more like "it's not easy". But you're most likely very right that M2 will be very important and a big step for Factom.
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:19:58 PM

With Paul Snow stating M2 will be a big accomplishment,
can someone ELI5 M2 and the importance of it (bolded part)?

Milestone 2 will have a couple of major components. First will be the deployment of a Entry Credit store, where users can buy Entry Credits (basically access to the protocol) without touching any sort of tradable token. The second will be the release of the consensus algorithm, the software supporting distributed processing of the Factom protocol. We are working to have the first release candidate of the consensus algorithm by the end of the year...

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: