Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:06:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:17:31 AM

How's everyone doing? Good to see bitbay performing so well. David's hardword is finally paying off!!  Grin

I can't seem to recall where I put my wallet.  Sad
Is 600 Satoshi good price? what was the ico price? yes for a coin with 1 billion supply it is a good price but Golem with same supply is at 16k and it is still considered undervalued.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:00:27 PM

How's everyone doing? Good to see bitbay performing so well. David's hardword is finally paying off!!  Grin

Is 600 Satoshi good price? what was the ico price? yes for a coin with 1 billion supply it is a good price but Golem with same supply is at 16k and it is still considered undervalued.

ICO price was just over 300 sats.

We should see rise continue. Once whitepaper is released for rolling peg, I think the real fireworks will begin. It's already written, just waiting to get closer to release date of peg first to keep the copycats away.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cr197

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:06:48 PM

How could double deposit escrow be used for  local bitcoin?

Could you list on the marketplace say an ebook that costs 3k USD in the post and your ebook you sell may accidentally cointain an empty wallet dat file that at a later date got a random deposit of 2btc?

I mean is that useful at all ?

It would be very useful considering the amount of money counterparties will save on local's cut.

I don't understand the other part of your post. Do you mean hide money in a digital marketplace item on purpose?

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:24:59 PM

How could double deposit escrow be used for  local bitcoin?

Could you list on the marketplace say an ebook that costs 3k USD in the post and your ebook you sell may accidentally cointain an empty wallet dat file that at a later date got a random deposit of 2btc?

It would be very useful considering the amount of money counterparties will save on local's cut.

I don't understand the other part of your post. Do you mean hide money in a digital marketplace item on purpose?

Well i just mean that local bitcoin is now getting targeted because you can not sell btc for fiat in some countries.

You can sell an ebook for fiat right?
Later on at some point though if a donation was made to a priv key or empty wallet.dat that was contained in that ebook that contained 3kUSD worth or modern art of guide to trading for example? I mean at the time that 3k was for the ebook and its valuable art of trading guide with an empty worthless priv key or wallet.dat.  Later though 2btc could arrive there perhaps by mistake from anyone or some unknown means not related to the ebook seller?

Plausible or silly idea?

AU_AG

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:50:08 PM

I would like to get a concensous of holders pls. Do ppl hld 100 of thousands or millions in general? Also this coin is ahead of anything out there maybe even to ahead. 1k sats thats nothing i dont think the tru potential of this innovation of the rolling peg is being realized. I have been looking for someone to impliment a idea like this. Finally a dev that realizes how the real world/finance works. Wonder if dev has a financial backround? Even if it was taken from another place still the dev had the forsight to tinker and impliment it.

If it was everything with out peg it would be just another coin with added benifits. I see a great future with this coin.

To Dev: ur right the cutting supply was not a good comment in heighnsight. But the rolling peg does esentially that as in It adj the supply
cr197

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:14:52 PM

I would like to get a concensous of holders pls. Do ppl hld 100 of thousands or millions in general? Also this coin is ahead of anything out there maybe even to ahead. 1k sats thats nothing i dont think the tru potential of this innovation of the rolling peg is being realized. I have been looking for someone to impliment a idea like this. Finally a dev that realizes how the real world/finance works. Wonder if dev has a financial backround? Even if it was taken from another place still the dev had the forsight to tinker and impliment it.

If it was everything with out peg it would be just another coin with added benifits. I see a great future with this coin.

To Dev: ur right the cutting supply was not a good comment in heighnsight. But the rolling peg does esentially that as in It adj the supply

The distro is very reasonable. #3 on richlist is Bittrex

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!rich

And #1 on largest wallets is Bittrex

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!wallets

cr197

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:17:23 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 01:27:29 PM by cr197

How could double deposit escrow be used for  local bitcoin?

Well i just mean that local bitcoin is now getting targeted because you can not sell btc for fiat in some countries.

You can sell an ebook for fiat right?
Later on at some point though if a donation was made to a priv key or empty wallet.dat that was contained in that ebook that contained 3kUSD worth or modern art of guide to trading for example? I mean at the time that 3k was for the ebook and its valuable art of trading guide with an empty worthless priv key or wallet.dat.  Later though 2btc could arrive there perhaps by mistake from anyone or some unknown means not related to the ebook seller?

Plausible or silly idea?

Right I understand what you are saying. And it's sort of retarded that they think they can regulate this stuff - but hey, that's a weakness that centralized entities cannot avoid.

But that is good news to hear about Local Bitcoins. I wish there was a way to market to them without being attacked as shill/spam

AU_AG

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:50:35 PM

Damn shizl my fizzl. 15-35mil avg holdings hardcore believers now i dont now if I should participate with my paltry 120k
cr197

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:44:35 PM

Damn shizl my fizzl. 15-35mil avg holdings hardcore believers now i dont now if I should participate with my paltry 120k

Take a little time to check out some other blockchain richlists from that website. BitBay's top 10 being under 25% is way below average and it keeps dwindling.
Takes 10 million coins to own 1%

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:00:55 PM

How could double deposit escrow be used for  local bitcoin?

It's superior to localBitcoins. Look at the cash for coins template. The deposits prevent theft of the cash and eliminate escrow agent. So it's the only P2P trustless cash system in the world. And with China shutting down a lot of cash deals we could see a huge influx of users if we can market to them. Not to mention Venezuela
Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:37:59 PM

I think marketing in China is an excellent idea. Big untapped market out there. I have noticed a few coins being marketed through this website

http://www.hongico.com/portal.php

Kanalj

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:54:40 PM

Just noticed: Wallet freezes on OS X when I try to generate new address, directly after i press the button. Have to quit it, no new address generated.
Also the main window is hard to bring into focus sometimes, it requires two clicks like the first one did nothing. Probably has something to do with this second tiny window(?) the wallet generates.

OS X 10.10.5
BitBay QT Version 1.2
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:13:33 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 02:24:12 AM by mprep

Just noticed: Wallet freezes on OS X when I try to generate new address, directly after i press the button. Have to quit it, no new address generated.
Also the main window is hard to bring into focus sometimes, it requires two clicks like the first one did nothing. Probably has something to do with this second tiny window(?) the wallet generates.

OS X 10.10.5
BitBay QT Version 1.2

Have you updated to the most recent Mac wallet? When did you download this one? Also the Mac wallet runs in a wine build. It shouldn't freeze though. You should switch to the markets wallet anyways since thats the one I develop. If you still have problems feel free to hop on slack and talk to me.

I think marketing in China is an excellent idea. Big untapped market out there. I have noticed a few coins being marketed through this website

http://www.hongico.com/portal.php

I think I've got to start a bounty thread... enough is enough. We need to start building our communities in places like China, Venezuela, Greece, India etc.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:40:57 PM

ICO price was just over 300 sats.

We should see rise continue. Once whitepaper is released for rolling peg, I think the real fireworks will begin. It's already written, just waiting to get closer to release date of peg first to keep the copycats away.

Hopefully 1 day before and then way to vague to give away the secret sauce. I detest copy and pasters.

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 01:46:58 AM

I just invested in this coin. Now take me to the moon  Grin

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:21:56 PM

Still have BAY on BTER but it has been delisted. Probability of retrieving these coins?

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:24:59 PM

Bitbay was started 3 years back more or less same time when etherium was launched.Eth has grown exponentially since then while bitbay is still struggling around.What is the reason of such a slow growth?
If I own BitBay,some percent of it will always be frozen it is fine if I have lots of bitbay but for a small holder it is a hurdle.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:48:44 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 02:24:24 AM by mprep

Bitbay was started 3 years back more or less same time when etherium was launched.Eth has grown exponentially since then while bitbay is still struggling around.What is the reason of such a slow growth?
If I own BitBay,some percent of it will always be frozen it is fine if I have lots of bitbay but for a small holder it is a hurdle.

Well Ethereum has funding and we don't. BitHalo was before Ethereum and BitBay is the coin made based on Halo. The reason we are higher than them is because the idiot founders stole the funds to harm BitHalo and my rep so we had to operate for 2 years without funding. That makes is hard for me to market and code.

Eth has 10 marketers for each coder and i think they don't really even care about making a product. They raised 100+million easy especially now with the spike and their user interface is a joke compared to the one we have here which was essentially free.

So honestly if we had funding we would have solved all of cryptos issues by now.

But the good news is, things have been working in our favor lately, the founders are a distant memory, BitBay slack has around 500 members and we see new ones daily and honestly this is a great start considering the peg hasn't even started yet.

Also the amount of BitBay that gets frozen has nothing to do with how much you hold.

If you have 10 coins at $1 and 50% freeze you have 5 frozen and 5 liquid. If the price rises due to that freeze to $2 then you still have $10 liquid and now more money frozen except the frozen funds are a more speculative price (potentially another 10 dollars). If someone has 100,000 coins and its worth $1 and 50% freeze they have 50k frozen and liquid at $2 is still 100k

So the freeze doesn't have anything to do with how many coins you hold. It works fairly for everyone. Be happy you are early and can hold coins when they are fully liquid as its a nice advantage to be early.

Still have BAY on BTER but it has been delisted. Probability of retrieving these coins?

Unfortunately BTER owner is a theif. In addition to the problems we had with them, they also stole millions of btc in a "hack" later, dumped their bay and delisted it. If you want it back you will have to talk to the owner Lin or try filing a ticket or complaint with them.

To be honest, i'm shocked the exchange still exists after everything they have done.
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:37:30 AM

Well Ethereum has funding and we don't. BitHalo was before Ethereum and BitBay is the coin made based on Halo. The reason we are higher than them is because the idiot founders stole the funds to harm BitHalo and my rep so we had to operate for 2 years without funding. That makes is hard for me to market and code.

Eth has 10 marketers for each coder and i think they don't really even care about making a product. They raised 100+million easy especially now with the spike and their user interface is a joke compared to the one we have here which was essentially free.

So honestly if we had funding we would have solved all of cryptos issues by now.

But the good news is, things have been working in our favor lately, the founders are a distant memory, BitBay slack has around 500 members and we see new ones daily and honestly this is a great start considering the peg hasn't even started yet.

Also the amount of BitBay that gets frozen has nothing to do with how much you hold.

If you have 10 coins at $1 and 50% freeze you have 5 frozen and 5 liquid. If the price rises due to that freeze to $2 then you still have $10 liquid and now more money frozen except the frozen funds are a more speculative price (potentially another 10 dollars). If someone has 100,000 coins and its worth $1 and 50% freeze they have 50k frozen and liquid at $2 is still 100k

So the freeze doesn't have anything to do with how many coins you hold. It works fairly for everyone. Be happy you are early and can hold coins when they are fully liquid as its a nice advantage to be early.
Thanks a lot for taking a time off to explain this.You have cleared my doubts.Yes I consider myself lucky to be the early adopter but thats not where I stop.I am going to increase my holding gradually Wink

Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:14:56 PM

Pretty sure I invested in BAY at the ICO. I logged into BTER and nothing there. What happened to BAY and is there a way to get my coins?

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: