Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:18:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cr197

Activity: 307
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:21:56 PM

Update:
Testing going well.
Haven't run into any bugs for 3 days now. Still lots more to test.

QT wallet development with peg integration is progressing just fine
Hopefully in another 2-3 weeks we will be ready for test exchange release to multiple cexes.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:53:42 PM

Update:
Testing going well.

Hopefully in another 2-3 weeks we will be ready for test exchange release to multiple cexes.

Excellent news. Be great to have this fully functional and get some awareness and people testing it out.

We should later start contacting online merchants selling expensive high risk (over the net) items for which the buyer does not feel happy to risk using bitcoin or having to trust escrows for.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:58:11 PM

Update:
Testing going well.

Thanks for maintaining the QT wallet, it's really all I need especially since I have never been able to get the client running for any length of time due to that SSL error.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 10:55:45 AM

If you haven't already seen this then have a look at the new stablecoin research one of our writers has done:

https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial/status/1050301128640991235

Wink

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:27:02 PM

If you haven't already seen this then have a look at the new stablecoin research one of our writers has done:

Wink

This bitbay twitter is one of the very BEST i have seen.

Regular updates like clockwork and all actually relevant to bitbay not just some reposts of other junk for filler like most projects twitter accounts.

Also this writer (if the same on that does the articles on the bitbay website) is very good.

I think these almost daily updates and pushes to twitter should be copy and pasted to this thread to keep it current and demonstrating to this community just how much effort and work is going on here behind the scenes.

If nobody has time to do it i will start copy and pasting these interesting articles and updates to this thread.

Of course if the community sees reason for me not to do it or prefers someone else to take care of it then that is fine.

BitBaydev (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 01:03:53 PM

Wink

Regular updates like clockwork and all actually relevant to bitbay not just some reposts of other junk for filler like most projects twitter accounts.

Also this writer (if the same on that does the articles on the bitbay website) is very good.

I think these almost daily updates and pushes to twitter should be copy and pasted to this thread to keep it current and demonstrating to this community just how much effort and work is going on here behind the scenes.

If nobody has time to do it i will start copy and pasting these interesting articles and updates to this thread.

Of course if the community sees reason for me not to do it or prefers someone else to take care of it then that is fine.

I'll pass on your comments to our writer Cryptohunter Wink We have a small team of very good writers now and some great content is being produced. All those articles that are pushed on our social media accounts are researched and presented by our writers, not the regurgitated rubbish you see on most accounts!

We need a big push with that stablecoin graphic so anything you can do to help would be very much appreciated of course.

Cheers,

Shorn
Project Manager @ BitBay

David Zimbeck Interview

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:24:52 PM

Wink

I'll pass on your comments to our writer Cryptohunter Wink We have a small team of very good writers now and some great content is being produced. All those articles that are pushed on our social media accounts are researched and presented by our writers, not the regurgitated rubbish you see on most accounts!

We need a big push with that stablecoin graphic so anything you can do to help would be very much appreciated of course.

Cheers,

Shorn
Project Manager @ BitBay

Yes this content is very professional looking.

I think the best way to give bitbay a real shove is a coordinated community effort to start and maintain a bitbay thread on the main alt forum and make sure it stays on page 1. There are several ways we can do this. I believe at our current cap we can legitimately claim to being the best value project out there bar none.  Always nice to bring in a bunch of challengers to this who will ultimately be compared and crushed next to bitbay current and planned feature list. I think any planned feature list in bitbay's case can be given high credibility unlike 99% of other projects.

I think the best time to do this will be once pegging is done and if david could present a white paper proposal for his plans for scaling because even though work on this has not actually started I know that he has been for quite some time now been evaluating other models and also putting his mind to work on other alternatives too.

A thread at that stage would pretty much cover all bases and put us near the top or at the top in pretty much all areas of interest to investors.

Also some prizes from bringing on to bitbay some current online vendors selling expensive items where customers may feel uncomfortable sending btc and trusting the goods to arrive.

I noticed in another thread somewhere someone was tempted to pick up a hot offer on a 50' yacht for bitcoin but was saying he would be highly stressed until it was delivered since they wanted payment or semi payment up front.  Bitbay - no such worries.

It will be excellent when bitbay takes off and you can just load up with reverse auctions on no emergency things and wait for the competing offers to come rolling in.  I wonder how come ebay stopped those because it really is a huge feature to have.. it can save so much time and effort just to wait for suitable products at suitable prices to come to you.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:44:04 PM

Update:
Testing going well.

Thanks for maintaining the QT wallet, it's really all I need especially since I have never been able to get the client running for any length of time due to that SSL error.

SSL Error? Perhaps you weren't installing to c:\BitBay

Program files on windows has some restrictions on launching sub-processes. Either way it's more bulky for sure. Although performance has dramatically improved since two years ago. I did decide to support the QT.
R-J-F

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:46:11 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 02:40:57 PM by R-J-F

Update:
Testing going well.

Program files on windows has some restrictions on launching sub-processes. Either way it's more bulky for sure. Although performance has dramatically improved since two years ago. I did decide to support the QT.

Thank you for that David. All my other wallets and clients, have their data directories installed on D: drive while running from c:  When installing the client on either drive I get the SSL error and am directed to a download page. SSL is installed, always has been, don't know whats interfering with the client's operation. Tried uninstalling sSL, same thing. I'll install on a different PC.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:04:50 PM

Update:
Testing going well.

Thank you for that David. All my other wallets and clients, have their data directories installed on D: drive while running from c:  When installing the client on either drive I get the SSL error and am directed to a download page. SSL is installed, always has been, don't know whats interfering with the client's operation. Tried uninstalling sSL, same thing. I'll install on a different PC.

Maybe antivirus is interfering with Bitmessage
BitBaydev (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 11:26:30 AM

Hi all. We have a very busy week ahead so I just wanted to let you know what we have planned...

Early next week we are aiming to release the Android app and web wallet upgrades so we'll be testing these two thoroughly this week. Both wallets will be using our new custom block processor meaning faster transactions and more reliable balance reporting.

We are also planning to release the live wallet feature and a new light theme for the web marketplace demo. If you are a demo tester then we’ll let you know more about this in Slack.
And finally we will be updating the desktop client and Qt wallets this week with some new features in preparation for the next phase of dynamic peg testing.

Any questions, feel free to ask here and thanks as always for your continued support Smiley

Shorn, Project Manager

David Zimbeck Interview

R-J-F

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:13:50 PM

Hi all. We have a very busy week ahead so I just wanted to let you know what we have planned...

Early next week we are aiming to release the Android app and web wallet upgrades so we'll be testing these two thoroughly this week. Both wallets will be using our new custom block processor meaning faster transactions and more reliable balance reporting.

We are also planning to release the live wallet feature and a new light theme for the web marketplace demo. If you are a demo tester then we’ll let you know more about this in Slack.
And finally we will be updating the desktop client and Qt wallets this week with some new features in preparation for the next phase of dynamic peg testing.

Any questions, feel free to ask here and thanks as always for your continued support Smiley

Shorn, Project Manager

Great news! Also great that Bay is now on Blockfolio, keep the signals coming!

R-J-F

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

Shorn, Project Manager

Great news! Also great that Bay is now on Blockfolio, keep the signals coming! Just bought up a few million more, most promising project out there that will actually work as designed.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:51:32 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 04:51:17 PM by cryptohunter

Shorn, Project Manager

Great news! Also great that Bay is now on Blockfolio, keep the signals coming! Just bought up a few million more, most promising project out there that will actually work as designed.

A few million more??

Is that for real?

Also agree lots of great news coming out.

One thing I have noticed is I am getting a blackcoin alert message flashing in the bitbay wallet? is this meant to happen?

Have i got some older bugged qt running? or will all pos3 based coins have this flashing?

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

Shorn, Project Manager

A few million more??

Is that for real?

Also agree lots of great news coming out.

One thing I have noticed is I am getting a blackcoin alert message flashing in the bitbay wallet? is this meant to happen?

Have i got some older bugged qt running? or will all pos3 based coins have this flashing?

Actually I had bought a little bit more too a while back. Even though this is the worst bear market in altcoin history.

They say the best time to buy is when there is blood in the streets. Also "Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when they are greedy."

The QT message is because we all share the Blackcoin alert key. Rat4 is doing another project and I'm assuming he has probably accidentally signaled 100s of different coins by doing that. We did change the alert key at my github but I'm not home to build the new QT. Yshurik I think maybe was building it and we will push an update. However it is nothing to worry about as it only is for in wallet messages.
BitBaydev (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 01:08:06 PM

We are pleased to announce a new super-fast block processor to power the BitBay web and Android wallets from today.

You can try out the web wallet now at https://wallet.bitbay.market and download the Android app update from the Google Play store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=market.bitbay.wallet

Thanks!
Shorn, Project Manager.

https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial/status/1053241080249008133

David Zimbeck Interview

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:08:44 PM

We are pleased to announce a new super-fast block processor to power the BitBay web and Android wallets from today.

You can try out the web wallet now at https://wallet.bitbay.market and download the Android app update from the Google Play store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=market.bitbay.wallet

Thanks!
Shorn, Project Manager.

As I understood  the e-mail address that we should put into the web wallet
could be also a fake address as is not used for any other purpose except creating a unique account or I'm wrong?

BitBaydev (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 02:21:48 PM

Thanks!
Shorn, Project Manager.

could be also a fake address as is not used for any other purpose except creating a unique account or I'm wrong?

Yes that is correct, you can use any email address you want, fake or real, up to you. It's important to also remember that there is no password recovery for the web wallet via email, so you should use the backup feature inside the wallet Wink

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBaydev (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 03:01:38 PM

The BitBay Web Marketplace demo just got an important update: the live wallet is now up and running and our demo testers are taking it for a spin.
We also revealed a new 'light' theme and switcher. If you are interested in being an alpha-tester then request an invite here: https://buff.ly/2CSqyPH

Shorn, Project Manager

https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial/status/1053296933257822208

David Zimbeck Interview

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:05:01 PM

Thanks!
Shorn, Project Manager.

Yes that is correct, you can use any email address you want, fake or real, up to you. It's important to also remember that there is no password recovery for the web wallet via email, so you should use the backup feature inside the wallet Wink

To elaborate on this... we don't collect emails and all of the email/pw is client side. So there is no reason not to use an email and password you won't forget. This is why we really can't recover accounts for your own security... everything is generated in the browser preventing hacking. Nothing is stored on disk either it's all in RAM. I feel like it's one of the most secure login methods. We really should eventually store email hash and public key on a server to at least alert users of incorrect PW.
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: