Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:25:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69688 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:53:22 AM

http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

c. De-Centralized Virtual Currencies

A final type of convertible virtual currency activity involves a de-centralized convertible virtual currency (1) that has no central repository and no single administrator, and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort.

A person that creates units of this convertible virtual currency and uses it to purchase real or virtual goods and services is a user of the convertible virtual currency and not subject to regulation as a money transmitter.

To note is that this document is a Guidance, not actual code or regulation. It is very helpful and descriptive and references the pertinent code, however.

I heard Evan and his Mom have the spork ability. So there goes your daydream.

Seriously. I doubt that Evan's mom also having the spork key will have any impact on the "daydream", regardless of whether Evan is living in his mom's basement or not.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:28:04 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 04:41:06 AM by arielbit

Dash: Filling the gaps in the Bitcoin protocol through a golden donkey.

golden donkey theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

"Golden donkey Rhapsody"

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.

Open your eyes,
Look up to the charts and see,
I'm just a DRK boy, I need no sympathy,
Bitcoin I'm easy come, easy go,
sell high, buy low,
Anyway the price goes doesn't really matter to me, to me.

Evan, just killed a troll,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead.
Evan, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

Evan, ooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,
pump on, pump on as if nothing really matters.

Too late, the price is down,
Sent shivers down my spine,
Body's aching all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.

Evan, ooh (anyway the price goes),
I don't wanna die,
I sometimes wish I'd never bought at all.

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scarasmooth, Scarasmooth, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning,
Very, very frightening me.
(Monero) Monero.
(Monero) Monero,
Monero Figaro
Monerofico.

I'm just a DRK boy, nobody loves me.
He's just a DRK boy from a DRK family,
Spare him his life from this MONEROSITY.

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
Bitcoin! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Bitcoin! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Bitcoin! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Never, never let you go
Never let me go, oh.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Oh, Evan duffy, Evan duffy (Evan duffy, let me go.)
Bitcointalk has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can troll me and spit in my coin?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

(Oh, yeah, oh yeah)

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Anyway the price goes.

i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:40:35 AM

^ do you realize vertoe made that post after the price had doubled after he had dumped? Often it doesn't even take that much of butt hurt to make a man bitter.
InceptionCoin

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:56:48 AM

RIP XMR, wish u all the best... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
I suspect that you are too hasty.

Skilled C++ and Python programmer. Looking around to create solid longterm coin by myself. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to PM me.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:50:56 AM

^ do you realize vertoe made that post after the price had doubled after he had dumped? Often it doesn't even take that much of butt hurt to make a man bitter.

march 29, DASH is at ~0.019, it was still high at that time
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:45:14 PM

Yes his posts were do to being butthurt just like you were butthurt from getting boned on the instamine. Oh wait?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
illodin

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:58:25 PM

march 29, DASH is at ~0.019, it was still high at that time

You write words and numbers, and it's like you're trying to somehow respond to what I wrote. But it doesn't make any sense.
illodin

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:03:27 PM

Yes his posts were do to being butthurt just like you were butthurt from getting boned on the instamine. Oh wait?

Sky is blue, trains go fast, therefor banana is yellow. Oh wait?  Huh
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:11:35 PM

No wonder you a fanboi, your incapable of correlation.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
illodin

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:17:44 PM

If you're trying to say something, just say it. Don't waste my time on your trolling strategies.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:40:29 PM

If you're trying to say something, just say it. Don't waste my time on your trolling strategies.

I already said it, if your incapable of grasping it then that is your own failure.

illodin

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:49:36 PM

I already said it, if your incapable of grasping it then that is your own failure.

There was a hefty amount of butt hurt in vertoe's post, he felt he wasn't appreciated enough for his development efforts, and after he dumped the price went quite quickly from 0.01 to 0.024.

There is zero butt hurt on my part as I managed to mine and buy cheap coins just fine.

If there is something else you don't understand don't hesitate to ask.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:56:40 PM

There was a hefty amount of butt hurt in vertoe's post, he felt he wasn't appreciated enough for his development efforts, and after he dumped the price went quite quickly from 0.01 to 0.024.

There is zero butt hurt on my part as I managed to mine and buy cheap coins just fine.

Your Hypocrisy is only outweighed by your deterministic assumption of knowing his state of mind.

illodin

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:07:52 PM

Your Hypocrisy is only outweighed by your deterministic assumption of knowing his state of mind.

Well you could always assume he hates money and doesn't enjoy his work being appreciated. Could be possible of course.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 06:27:16 PM

Sky is blue, trains go fast, therefor banana is yellow. Oh wait?  Huh

Well you could always assume he hates money and doesn't enjoy his work being appreciated. Could be possible of course.

It's not a matter of hating money, it's a matter of money not being your motivation. Think of Zuckerberg uploading a music app for free when Microsoft wanted to buy it. Personally, I'd rather have someone whose objective is creating something rather than profit working on an opensource project--especially when greedy leadership is easily identifiable by their minions and the people who support them.

This is why I tend to avoid projects where the faithful are preoccupied with monetary gain--always touting profit, or assuming those who didn't get rich quick are butthurt. People who are motivated by solving a problem or creating something new usually achieve wealth as a byproduct not as a intended goal. And people who pursue wealth without merit usually get neither.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:20:39 PM

RIP XMR, wish u all the best... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

XMR gained more value or lost less than DRK in the last 7 and 30 days.

Does this mean this DRK scamcoin is finally dead?  Grin

I think both are doing quite well.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:47:01 PM

People who are motivated by solving a problem or creating something new usually achieve wealth as a byproduct not as a intended goal. And people who pursue wealth without merit usually get neither.

Well-said and exactly what S. Sinek gets at in this TED Talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sioZd3AxmnE (Seek to 8:15 to hear the story I am mentioning)

He uses the example of the Wright Brothers versus Samuel Pierpont Langley in the race to achieve the first powered flight.

Langley was well-funded, sponsored, and was basically in it for the fame and money.

Orville and Wilbur, pn the other hand, were passionate about flying and their fame and wealth came as a result of their acheivements.
illodin

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:55:55 PM

People who are motivated by solving a problem or creating something new usually achieve wealth as a byproduct not as a intended goal. And people who pursue wealth without merit usually get neither.

Well-said

And what about those who are both, motivated by solving a problem and getting rich while doing it? Is that allowed? Or is the only honorable way of running these projects that the devs should be poor and work their asses off to make the "investors" rich?
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:08:13 PM

Well-said

And what about those who are both, motivated by solving a problem and getting rich while doing it? Is that allowed? Or is the only honorable way of running these projects that the devs should be poor and work their asses off to make the "investors" rich?

Are these companies? Or are these cryptocurrencies? The point is decentralization, so the makers aren't the ones that mostly benefit. Satoshi's coins have never even been moved once since they were mined, aside from the few coins he gave right after Bitcoin was launched as tests to hal finney and a few others.

The problem with people like you is that you solely think of these cryptocurencies like centralized companies and looking at your posts, you only value them as pennystock-like entities to earn you profit by pumping and dumping.  You also support developers that premine or dishonestly instamine because it gives "motivation" work more, while destroying any integrity the cryptpcurrency had. You shouldn't even be here if you have that kind of thinking, that isn't what Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general are about.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 08:12:55 PM

Well-said

Key words you glossed over, "without merit" in quoted text and "leadership" in OP. I assume Evan with his instamine, "it was an accident" story and then adopting new names to cover-up the fiasco is one of the Ron L Hubbard type who wants to bamboozle the world with vaporware, and is not one of the Elon Musk type who wants to better it through innovation.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: