Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69688 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:27:21 AM

how can p2p nodes be centralized lmfao, oh Joshuar...

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:28:41 AM

how can p2p nodes be centralized lmfao, oh Joshuar...

-Facepalm-

The masternodes themselves aren't centralized, it's the inevitability that you'd have to host them online for convenience on centralized servers, that makes the masternode network centralized.

Please read what is typed before making inaccurate statements, thank you.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:31:18 AM

To add to that, there's still a chance to deanonymize Darksend transactions by controlling a large amount of nodes. I don't know how you're just incapable of accepting the fact that Masternodes by nature are centralized, since they are hosted on centralized software. What exactly do you not understand.

Again, talking about something different as if I had asked something about "centralized software", when I asked what is the most important data exactly that the attacker (realistically, only the NSA) would collect? If you can't answer that, how can you think any kind of "centralized software" has any difference to anything?
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:32:43 AM

To add to that, there's still a chance to deanonymize Darksend transactions by controlling a large amount of nodes. I don't know how you're just incapable of accepting the fact that Masternodes by nature are centralized, since they are hosted on centralized software. What exactly do you not understand.

Again, talking about something different as if I had asked something about "centralized software", when I asked what is the most important data exactly that the attacker (realistically, only the NSA) would collect? If you can't answer that, how can you think any kind of "centralized software" has any difference to anything?

Did you read what I said earlier, or are you purposely skipping over things? There is still a chance to deanonymize Dash transactions that have been through Darksend just by owning a large # of masternodes. The centralization part comes from the fact that most masternodes are hosted online on centralized servers, making it that much easier for the NSA to take control of them. Regardless of that, the hosting providers can take control of the nodes since they are the ones hosting the nodes on their servers, which means Dash's masternode network isn't just susceptible to government attacks, but attacks by regular websites/companies that the nodes are hosted on as well. Get it?

AKA

NSA takes over servers dash is hosted on online, NSA has a chance to deanonymize Dash transactions

Is that simple enough for you to understand? Wholly molly.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
illodin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:37:34 AM

Did you read what I said earlier, or are you purposely skipping over things? There is still a chance to deanonymize Dash transactions that have been through Darksend just by owning a large # of masternodes. The centralization part comes from the fact that most masternodes are hosted online on centralized servers, making it that much easier for the NSA to take control of them. Regardless of that, the hosting providers can take control of the nodes since they are the ones hosting the nodes on their servers. Get it?

AKA

NSA takes over servers dash is hosted on online, NSA has a chance to deanonymize Dash transactions

That's not what I asked. But by now it's clear you have no clue as you don't want to answer but to regurgitate your centralized software mantra without actually knowing what it means.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:40:56 AM

Did you read what I said earlier, or are you purposely skipping over things? There is still a chance to deanonymize Dash transactions that have been through Darksend just by owning a large # of masternodes. The centralization part comes from the fact that most masternodes are hosted online on centralized servers, making it that much easier for the NSA to take control of them. Regardless of that, the hosting providers can take control of the nodes since they are the ones hosting the nodes on their servers. Get it?

AKA

That's not what I asked. But by now it's clear you have no clue as you don't want to answer but to regurgitate your centralized software mantra without actually knowing what it means.

"What is the most important data exactly that the attacker (Realistically, only the NSA) would collect"? = Information on user's transactions(Sender/Receiver) through the possibility of deanonymizing darksend transactions by controlling a large portion of nodes.

I'm seriously doubting your learning skills. You again demonstrate that you can't piece 2+2 together. Ok.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
illodin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:44:07 AM

AKA

"What is the most important data exactly that the attacker (Realistically, only the NSA) would collect"? = Information on user's transactions(Sender/Receiver) through the possibility of deanonymizing darksend transactions by controlling a large portion of nodes.

I'm seriously doubting your learning skills. You again demonstrate that you can't piece 2+2 together. Ok.

"Information on user's transactions(Sender/Receiver)"

And why do you think masternodes would have that information?
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:46:00 AM

AKA

And why do you think masternodes would have that information? And if they do, in what form?

Do you know anything about Darksend at all?...

Obviously I'm not talking about individual masternodes, as I said a "large portion of nodes", maybe if you stopped trolling and started reading better, you wouldn't be asking redundant questions.

One of your fellow DRK supporters posted a little chart showing the % possibilities to deanonymize darksend transactions, therefore finding the original sender/receiver, based upon how many nodes are owned. You should look at it.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
illodin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:54:26 AM

AKA

And why do you think masternodes would have that information? And if they do, in what form?

One of your fellow DRK supporters posted a little chart showing the % possibilities to deanonymize darksend transactions based upon how many nodes are owned. You should look at it.

Obviously I'm not talking about individual masternodes, as I said a "large portion of nodes", maybe if you stopped trolling and started reading better, you wouldn't be asking redundant questions.

Again, you're talking about something different as if I had asked "is there a chart showing %" or something.

The question was, what is the most important data exactly that the attacker (realistically, only the NSA) would collect?

If you say it's "Information on user's transactions(Sender/Receiver)", it's like answering "by spending double" when asked how do you perform a double spend in Bitcoin.

PS. It's funny watching what lengths one can go just to not have to say "I don't know".
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:03:27 AM

AKA

One of your fellow DRK supporters posted a little chart showing the % possibilities to deanonymize darksend transactions based upon how many nodes are owned. You should look at it.

Again, you're talking about something different as if I had asked "is there a chart showing %" or something.

The question was, what is the most important data exactly that the attacker (realistically, only the NSA) would collect?

If you say it's "Information on user's transactions(Sender/Receiver)", it's like answering "by spending double" when asked how do you perform a double spend in Bitcoin.

PS. It's funny watching what lengths one can go just to not have to say "I don't know".

Masternode blinding isn't implemented. Masternodes currently know the inputs and outputs that go through them(mixing). The NSA would be able to easily take advantage of that, coupled with the fact that most masternodes are hosted online, on centralized servers.

Again, redundant question and seems fairly obvious that you know, or should know that already. But as I've outed you as a troll and liar in my previous posts, I should know not to expect anything of substance from you. As I've answered all your questions, even those that were redundant/obvious trolling, along with outing you as a liar, I now say good day. If anyone looking on would like to see, simply go through my recent post history or look at the last few pages of this thread with the text I've quoted to see illodin's inaccurate, trollish, and deceitful posts.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:15:16 AM

it's more like math hasn't got to the stage where it can describe complex systems, i.e. chaotic systems, e.g. weather, turbulence, market behaviour. ..

A picture is worth 1000 monkeys right?

http://dp8hsntg6do36.cloudfront.net/53695e6b69702d3910050000/low.webm

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
illodin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:17:09 AM

AKA

Masternode blinding isn't implemented. Masternodes currently know the inputs and outputs that go through them(mixing). The NSA would be able to easily take advantage of that, coupled with the fact that most masternodes are hosted online, on centralized servers.

Again, redundant question and seems fairly obvious that you know, or should know that already. But as I've outed you as a troll and liar in my previous posts, I should know not to expect anything of substance from you. As I've answered all your questions, even those that were redundant/obvious trolling, along with outing you as a liar, I now say good day. If anyone looking on would like to see, simply go through my recent post history or look at the last few pages of this thread with the text I've quoted to see illodin's inaccurate, trollish, and deceitful posts.

Almost, but not quite good enough. If you really knew, you would've just answered without any ambiguity. Go and learn it, and you'll know what I mean.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:32:09 AM

But Dark's dev played games with, and/or bungled, his coin's launch.  So instead of C/ASM/OCL nerds like DGA being properly rewarded for their optimizations, insider traders like Masternode reaped the benefits of the bizarre, inexplicably huge early block rewards.

He's either a complete retard who can't read a clock/calendar or it was deliberate manipulation. I don't believe 'bungled'

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:40:41 AM

But Dark's dev played games with, and/or bungled, his coin's launch.  So instead of C/ASM/OCL nerds like DGA being properly rewarded for their optimizations, insider traders like Masternode reaped the benefits of the bizarre, inexplicably huge early block rewards.

He's either a complete retard who can't read a clock/calendar or it was deliberate manipulation. I don't believe 'bungled'

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Is it true that Evan did not keep this promise of not starting coin mining until he follows up with these folks and in this thread?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:44:36 AM

But Dark's dev played games with, and/or bungled, his coin's launch.  So instead of C/ASM/OCL nerds like DGA being properly rewarded for their optimizations, insider traders like Masternode reaped the benefits of the bizarre, inexplicably huge early block rewards.

Is it true that Evan did not keep this promise of not starting coin mining until he follows up with these folks and in this thread?

He did post before the launch but it was only three hours later (the same day in Evan's time zone),  ignoring his promises of "definitely not" minutes/hours and the "sooner [sic] would be tomorrow"

Launch is being moved to 11PM EST!
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:49:34 AM

But Dark's dev played games with, and/or bungled, his coin's launch.  So instead of C/ASM/OCL nerds like DGA being properly rewarded for their optimizations, insider traders like Masternode reaped the benefits of the bizarre, inexplicably huge early block rewards.

He did post before the launch but it was only three hours later (the same day in Evan's time zone),  ignoring his promises of "definitely not" minutes/hours and the "sooner [sic] would be tomorrow"

Launch is being moved to 11PM EST!

I wonder how Illodin feels about that since from the quotes it appears that he was one of the people trying to get this mining up and running trying to be one of the first to insta-mine it.

I would not be happy if i was mislead like that.  It seems that in this case Evan certainly did not keep his word at least not as it could have been reasonably understood from his posts.

BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:58:33 AM

it's more like math hasn't got to the stage where it can describe complex systems, i.e. chaotic systems, e.g. weather, turbulence, market behaviour. ..

So i guess that by that you are saying that math is so developed it can even describe the formation of the whole universe because you watched a video of a computer model?.

And andytoshi said "I'm not sure what you mean by "math hasn't got to the stage where it can describe complex systems". I have a math degree and several published papers in mathematics and I can't for the life of me square this claim with actual work in the field. "

So neither of you are aware of some fundamental unsolved maths problems which appear quite mundane, like a complete model for how turbulence works: "In particular, solutions of the Navier–Stokes equations often include turbulence, which remains one of the greatest unsolved problems in physics, despite its immense importance in science and engineering." 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navier%E2%80%93Stokes_existence_and_smoothness
https://terrytao.wordpress.com/2007/03/18/why-global-regularity-for-navier-stokes-is-hard/

or until a few years ago we didn't even have a model for how sound waves actually work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_acoustics

both complex systems....math not work yet (ok non-linear acoustics was just found...)

And my point that it is more secure to remove information from a system than to keep it in the system encoded, which means you don't need cryptography for all parts of a cryptocurrency, was avoided.
Vispicious

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:02:32 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 03:15:22 AM by Vispicious

So i guess that by that you are saying that math is so developed it can even describe the formation of the whole universe because you watched a video of a computer model?.

And andytoshi said "I'm not sure what you mean by "math hasn't got to the stage where it can describe complex systems". I have a math degree and several published papers in mathematics and I can't for the life of me square this claim with actual work in the field. "

So neither of you are aware of some fundamental unsolved maths problems which appear quite mundane, like a complete model for how turbulence works: "In particular, solutions of the Navier–Stokes equations often include turbulence, which remains one of the greatest unsolved problems in physics, despite its immense importance in science and engineering."  

https://terrytao.wordpress.com/2007/03/18/why-global-regularity-for-navier-stokes-is-hard/

or until a few years ago we didn't even have a model for how sound waves actually work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_acoustics

both complex systems....math not work yet (ok non-linear acoustics was just found...)

And my point that it is more secure to remove information from a system than to keep it in the system encoded, which means you don't need cryptography for all parts of a cryptocurrency, was avoided.

ay, no offense but you're a dumbass. i just read your posts and all of them are stupid as hell. you're copy pasting stuff from wikipedia and have no clue about any of it.
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:08:03 AM

Great smokescreen.  Nice way to derail the thread.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 03:14:24 AM

And my point that it is more secure to remove information from a system than to keep it in the system encoded

Is drk actually doing this? I asked for a detailed description earlier from you and it didn't seem that you understood how drk worked enough to make a statement such as this with real confidence.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: