Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69688 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:44:30 AM

@OP

I would be interested in adding to the discussion thread header:

XMR vs DRK vs Zerocash

I appreciate that this is a self moderated thread. I also appreciate the risk that there might be a bias towards XMR.

However, Zerocash, while currently not alive, adds an interesting dimension to all existing anon projects.

I am obviously inviting a critique of DRKs anon credentials from XMR supporters by using the words 'anon', but I hope we can see past that for a second to discuss the implications of a valid launch of Zerocash and what that would mean for XMR, DASH and all anon projects.

It may mean nothing, or might be significant.

My wish to introduce Zerocash into the equation is that it poses, in theory, a credible threat to both projects. So a discussion about XMR vs. DRK might be irrelevant in the not too distant future.

If there is no desire to discuss it here, perhaps I might start another thread at some point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:03:30 AM

@OP

XMR vs DRK vs Zerocash

I appreciate that this is a self moderated thread. I also appreciate the risk that there might be a bias towards XMR.

However, Zerocash, while currently not alive, adds an interesting dimension to all existing anon projects.

I am obviously inviting a critique of DRKs anon credentials from XMR supporters by using the words 'anon', but I hope we can see past that for a second to discuss the implications of a valid launch of Zerocash and what that would mean for XMR, DASH and all anon projects.

My wish to introduce Zerocash into the equation is that it poses, in theory, a credible threat to both projects. So a discussion about XMR vs. DRK might be irrelevant in the not too distant future.

If there is no desire to discuss it here, perhaps I might start another thread at some point.

no.

where exactly is your zerocash?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:19:13 AM

@OP

XMR vs DRK vs Zerocash

I think it's reasonable. I'm not sure "XMR vs. DRK vs Zerocash" makes sense given the obvious "which one of these does not belong" problem. However, I would certainly be in favor of everyone including OP agreeing that discussing Zerocash is on topic as it relates directly to both of these projects and to some of the cryptography discussions earlier in the thread.

equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 04:27:26 PM

@OP

XMR vs DRK vs Zerocash

I think it's reasonable. I'm not sure "XMR vs. DRK vs Zerocash" makes sense given the obvious "which one of these does not belong" problem. However, I would certainly be in favor of everyone including OP agreeing that discussing Zerocash is on topic as it relates directly to both of these projects and to some of the cryptography discussions earlier in the thread.

Fully agree. It's definitely relevant.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:12:10 PM

How can it be compared if it doesn't exist?  Huh

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:34:50 PM

How can it be compared if it doesn't exist?  Huh

Godcoin Cool - it exists because of one's faith that it exists
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:07:05 AM

Quit the advertising crap, this thread is quite interesting beside almost anything in this section.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:04:28 AM

Tok said cryptography 'wasn't a significant part' of cryptocurrencies.  He didn't say they don't require them, so what was your point?

Can you (or Tok) point to a part of a cryptocurrency which isn't cryptography?

Cryptography has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency - even though it may share the first few letters. It works on a system of digital signatures.
It would seem that you actually do not understand what cryptography is in the modern sense.

A fundamental nature of information is that it wants to be freely copied everywhere to everyone. That any bit is equal and indistinguishable from any other bit of the same value and that any bit is eventually known to all who care.  Cryptography is all that technology by which we hope to confine and constrain the nature of information, to put up fences and direct it to our exclusive purposes, against all attacks and in defiance of the seemingly (and perhaps actually) impossible.  Digital signatures are cryptography by any modern definition and utilize the same tools and techniques (for example, a DSA signature is a linear equation encrypted with an additively homorphic encryption), and suffer from most of the same challenges as the message encryption systems to which you seem to be incorrectly defining cryptography as equivalent.  Moreover, the use of digital signatures isn't the only (or even most relevant) aspect of cryptography in cryptocurrencies-- e.g. the prevention of double spending of otherwise perfectly copyable and indistinguishable information in a decentralized system is a cryptographic problem which we address using cryptographic tools, and-- like all other practical cryptography-- achieve far less than perfect confidence in our solution. As are more modest ends like interacting with strangers but not being subject to resource exhaustion from them.

Far more so than other sub-fields of engineering, cryptographic systems are doing something which is fundamentally at odds with nature and share an incredible fragility and subtly as a result (and perhaps all are failures, we have no proof otherwise).

A failure to understand and respect these considerations has resulted in a lot of harmful garbage and dysfunctional software.

I had been quietly amassing a little pile of Dash, but these two responses have crystalized the debate for me. BlockaFett got asked a question by a highly respected Bitcoin researcher and he is too afraid to answer, choosing instead to deflect and try point out Monero's failings (especially when the continuous shout of 'gui' is crap, I can see several options on the Monero website). toknormal got smacked down by a Bitcoin core developer for saying things I can only describe as childish rubbish.

I don't know if I'll ever buy Monero but I do know that Dash is perfectly described by gmaxwell in the post above: a lot of harmful garbage and dysfunctional software. My Dash is going to be sold over the next few days. I refuse to a cryptocurrency where the fanboys imagine that cryptography is uneccessary. What a stupid thing to say.

I suggest the Dash boys go read a book on crypto before they come back to this thread. They're embarassing themselves and they're embarrasing Evan Duffield. There's a very, very small chance Evan can come into this thread and respond to andytoshi and gmaxwell and redeem Dash from the mess these idiots have made...but I'm not holding my breath.

Ahh a place people can discuss XMR and DASH without having their posts deleted for being off-topic.  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 12:32:28 AM

Cryptography has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency - even though it may share the first few letters. It works on a system of digital signatures.

ROFLMAO I LITERALLY CANT EVEN

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
robertsznotins

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

Yikes!  When you when know too much, one does not simply leave the cult ! 
mimota168

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:39:45 PM

Are you trying to troll now? What don't you understand that those things that you intentionally misrepresent as mandatory
vivuta110

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:56:03 AM

Who needs to compromise borders when you can just issue notices to hosting companies? have you ever worked with agencies? I have and they have must easier ways to get access to data from hosting providers than the average joe knows.
kokota171

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:31:15 AM

ou whack the first problem over the head with a blunt instrument, this creates more problems, and you whack those over the head with another bunt instrument, thus creating more problems.
calinguyen

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:27:55 PM

I dont know what everybody choosen. But I choose Dash, for many reasons.
xtran626

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:20:44 AM

Those twon, Im feel dizzy and more confused after reading all of the comments for a long time Huh
vivuta119

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:43:26 AM

It makes no sense as you can just use Bitcoin's coinjoin/mixers for that, but 99% of altcoins(Excluding Monero) like Dash are just pump/dump scam schemes anyway.
KpopLord

Activity: 98
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:53:55 AM

Monero uses a combination of ring signatures and stealth address which is provably anonymous, unlinkable, and private.

Dark uses a broken version of CoinJoin disavowed by gmaxwell (inventor of CoinJoin).

Monero has never changed its emission schedule/block reward, even under pressure from some important people in the community.

Dark's actual early emission doesn't match any of its several purported reward schemes, which implies incompetence, malfeasance, or some combination thereof.
Monero is define as an open-source cryptocurrency created in April 2014 that focuses on privacy. It is all bout decentralization. Monero uses a public ledger to record transactions while new units are created through a process called mining. On the other hand, Darkcoin is like a digital version of cash – you choose whether your transactions are private or public. Just like Bitcoins, Darkcoins are stored inside a digital wallet. But Darkcoin wallets allow you to stay private even when trading at exchanges or other 3rd parties
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:56:05 PM

Monero uses a combination of ring signatures and stealth address which is provably anonymous, unlinkable, and private.

Dark uses a broken version of CoinJoin disavowed by gmaxwell (inventor of CoinJoin).

Monero has never changed its emission schedule/block reward, even under pressure from some important people in the community.

Dark's actual early emission doesn't match any of its several purported reward schemes, which implies incompetence, malfeasance, or some combination thereof.
Monero is define as an open-source cryptocurrency created in April 2014 that focuses on privacy. It is all bout decentralization. Monero uses a public ledger to record transactions while new units are created through a process called mining. On the other hand, Darkcoin is like a digital version of cash – you choose whether your transactions are private or public. Just like Bitcoins, Darkcoins are stored inside a digital wallet. But Darkcoin wallets allow you to stay private even when trading at exchanges or other 3rd parties

You have no clue what your saying, do you? Are just parroting or are you a bot?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
KseniaLard

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:05:19 PM

Is it impossible to discuss this without turning into a trough? Damn it, I did not think I'd hit the delete button 8 times on 3 pages. Be civil, please.
kaluwa65

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:41:25 AM

On the off chance that one needs 1000 coins to have a Dark/Dash MasterNode then it must point of confinement the development, especially as a cash. Be that as it may, if say the quantity of coins was changed to 100 then one smelly ponder what that would do to the cost of Dark/Dash, with such a large number of coins being authorized It is by all accounts a fragile course to explore, however maybe I'm missing something?
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: