Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:25:48 PM

well sure altcoins is short medium investment not for a long road to play with them...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 01:57:42 PM

it is a game of patience, because they all rise at the end(or almost)

From my previous experience as an altcoin enthusiast , I would say that only 10 % rise after being HYPED when they are on the verge of dead. Altcoin's dev dont even care with their project, mainly because it is much more easier to create a new one and start all over (rinse and repeat for profit )

you just need to way and buy all those died coins

Once it is dead than it is dead.

I could list few more example that most altcoin is nothing but HYPE fueled coin anyway. It is a HYPE that drive the price higher. Without it, people will seek another coins with HYPE and try to get some short term profit from it.

tl;dr : altcoin for short term profit, YES. altcoin for investment, big NO

I would most certainly agree with you, but for one altcoin. As you may have already guessed, I mean doges. For most time, it was also a pump&dump coin, but look what is happening right now. Its supply rate exceeds that of Bitcoin (in both absolute and relative terms), but starting from this month (I can be mistaken a month or two), the annual relative supply of doges (which constitutes yearly inflation rate) will be ever decreasing (in 2015 there will be around 5.2 billion new coins, i.e. about 5% of monetary base) while remaining the same in absolute terms, i.e. in number of coins mined...

Should we thereby expect the rise of the base value of Dogecoin (that stripped off of pump&dump effects)?

Doge has been doing great despite that it has a crazy amount of supply and demands for the coins are huge as well which you can see at how many business that do accept them along with BTC and also how many gambling sites that accept them as well.

I would say that doge are pretty much unpredictable, which we can see from the previous year, the price has been increasing alot ( It was like less than 30 satoshi / doge in August-September 2014 ) then it rise up to over 100 satoshis and declined to merely 40-50 satoshi and now we have the price stabilizing on ~75 satoshi / doge.

Holding them as a long term and expecting them to raise isnt a good thing to start with considering it is pretty much unpredictable and things could go south with it, however there is a huge chance that the value might increase overtime but it is still best not to keep stash of them in term of investment . Basically I am advising to take profit each time the value raise by either 1-2 satoshis ( this is quite a huge gain if you got some stash of doge) instead of keeping them as investment for the unforeseen future

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:45:15 PM

Holding them as a long term and expecting them to raise isnt a good thing to start with considering it is pretty much unpredictable and things could go south with it, however there is a huge chance that the value might increase overtime but it is still best not to keep stash of them in term of investment . Basically I am advising to take profit each time the value raise by either 1-2 satoshis ( this is quite a huge gain if you got some stash of doge) instead of keeping them as investment for the unforeseen future

It is basically a psychological issue. If you believe in some asset (doges, bitcoins, gold or whatever), that is, you expect the price of it to rise significantly in the future (with respect to other assets), it doesn't make sense to exchange all your hoards of this asset for the asset which you have less faith in. In other words, in a pair of exchanged assets one asset will most likely be your base asset (in which you count your gains) while the other will be just a vehicle for speculation...

This doesn't in the least mean that you shouldn't take advantage of the price swings whenever possible

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:47:10 PM

well even bitcoin price is very trusted lol it can easy go down as up without notice
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 08:47:50 PM

This doesn't in the least mean that you shouldn't take advantage of the price swings whenever possible

Indeed, I am more to keep on going for a quickswing instead of holding stash of coins. However that the term "investment" is much into holding it for some specific amount of time and hoping that the value rise after the specific time, which ofcourse if we are talking about the future it is pretty much unclear.

Anything could happen and that is why I keep on urging people to go for a quickswing rather than holding a stash of coins that could be worthless by few years ahead or could be 10x fold the current value ( much more like gambling ) .
Thats would of course be a perspective that is different from each another because people that likes to hold some stash for investment basically will not care about a quickswing because they do "believe" that it could worth more by some years later on

well even bitcoin price is very trusted lol it can easy go down as up without notice

You said it yourself. This is another reason why altcoin as investment is risky things to do, basically if BTC could be worthless over night then what would you think will prevent altcoin from becoming dust overnight as well? I wont deny that there are some promising altcoin such as XMR and DASH but still altcoin is much better to be use as a quickswing rather than investment

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Valanor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:20:24 PM

well sure altcoins is short medium investment not for a long road to play with them...

Agreed it high risk on altcoin investment, some coin made just for dump and pump after it dead  Cheesy

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:21:50 AM

Agreed it high risk on altcoin investment, some coin made just for dump and pump after it dead  Cheesy

Thats why you buy them first when they are cheap , o you lose the least amount if they fail.

Nobody will buy dogecoin now, because its too expensive,and its failing.

Better buy Dubstepcoin or Genius-coin, they are only 10 satoshi, and have a great future ahead of them probably.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Valanor

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:21:16 AM

Thats why you buy them first when they are cheap , o you lose the least amount if they fail.

Better buy Dubstepcoin or Genius-coin, they are only 10 satoshi, and have a great future ahead of them probably.

yes i buy in cheap after hard dump Grin like archcoin at 6000sat or doge at 34sat , im not interesting to invest or buy at coin with passive dev or low comunity Smiley
NLG is 1 of my favorit coin, i can get 10% -20% per month buy cheap sell after get a litle profit Wink

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:58:38 AM

well not really, big altcoin like dash, monero, litecoin, and doge, can be hold for long term investments, they are still pump and dump, but they will not die soon

see litecoin it got another pump recently, and there will be other in the future, so you can't exactly say that they are dead
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 07:32:17 AM

If you are thinking for a quickswing of profit then this is a good move however I will restrain myself if I were you to get altcoin as an investment because most of them are failure and are meant to be for quickswing of profit

Any relevant data for this? Apart from the price keep on stabilizing , I dont see any sign of its failing but it is declining right now. You should note that there is a difference between the words failing and declining. Doges for an investment might worth a shot especially if you do love to get a stash of it however getting an investment with doges shouldnt restrain you from taking a profit if there is a quickswing.
No doubt that doges are wonderfull if you are looking for a quickswing since even 1 satoshi could gained you a high profit if you have some stash of it

Want to here some advice from an altcoin enthusiast? NO as an investment but YES for the Pump and Dump scheme

well not really, big altcoin like dash, monero, litecoin and doge, can be hold for long term investments,

Litecoin as an investment? You got to be kidding, although the price is holding off right now there is a tendency that the value of it keep on declining especially after the recent event of the developers jumping off the ship. However the community for this coins is quite strong, so it will hold off for a few years

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:39:19 AM

Litecoin as an investment? You got to be kidding, although the price is holding off right now there is a tendency that the value of it keep on declining especially after the recent event of the developers jumping off the ship. However the community for this coins is quite strong, so it will hold off for a few years

it is what i'm saying, those coins(that i've mentioned) are too strong to die, their market will continue no matter if the dev(cryptocoin does not need any dev btw, they are all open source and based on network consensus...) is abandoning it or other random reasons

there is a network behind with miners that are sustaining it, for their business

it won't collapse to easy as many think, they are a good alternative investment if you don't want to deal with bitcoin, which look a bit stagnant

madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:46:09 AM

invest your money is always better than to spare them , choose a long-term investment whit little risk you'll never made ​​a wrong choice.
if you want to earn some , long-term investment is the one to choose
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:54:49 AM

invest your money is always better than to spare them , choose a long-term investment whit little risk you'll never made ​​a wrong choice.

That a good Idea, long investmen is better choice. some short term invest is scam like ponzi and hyip
long investmen is make your money save and your health save too

i ever see assurance where we can cash out money after some periode maybe 10-20 years but we get health insurance  Wink
muhrohmat

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:56:26 AM

well tahts amasingly its a personal question its like the music of pink floyd "money" share it bare it dont give my slice away i mean you can its to grow more by investing 20 % on gold and the rest in profit bank %

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 07:58:33 AM

invest your money is always better than to spare them

Better in term of interest gained is pretty much correct however you should note that the higher interest gained then there will be a higher risk as well. Depending on what do you use your money for, actually both saving and investing are almost the same and it depends on how you are using it.
If it is for future usage then saving is the term for it but if it is for capital to gain more than it is an investment. Best thing will be to combine both of them , safe deposits could be the answer for this which involves "saving" and "investing"

choose a long-term investment whit little risk you'll never made ​​a wrong choice.

What would this long term investment be? If there is a risk then there is a chance for you to made a wrong choice and basically that there is nothing safe to begin with and the key to do reduce the risk of an investment will be a financial management rather than going all in with either a long or a short term investment

Pretty much a delusion thought I would say. Having a long term investment isnt a guarantee that you will earn some because there is a risk to everything. Also that to "earn some" , you dont need to put it into a long term investment.
You could always choose a short term investment to start "earning some" , rinse and repeat the pattern for a quickswing of profit. If you take a look at the conversation above you would know that altcoins could be a way for "short-term" quickswing of profit

some short term invest is scam like ponzi and hyip

Seriously what are you saying? You should know the difference between an "investment" and a "scam". HYIP / PONZI is never an investment to begin with , it is a scam since day one.
This must be a reason why alot of people are lurking on the investor-based games board and I think you should get yourself educate on how to differ a scam and an investment

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:07:09 AM

i'm a long term investor, as buffett says:

Think long-term.
Wikimedia Commons
"Your goal as an investor should simply be to purchase, at a rational price, a part interest in an easily-understandable business whose earnings are virtually certain to be materially higher five, ten and twenty years from now. Over time, you will find only a few companies that meet these standards - so when you see one that qualifies, you should buy a meaningful amount of stock. You must also resist the temptation to stray from your guidelines: If you aren't willing to own a stock for ten years, don't even think about owning it for ten minutes. Put together a portfolio of companies whose aggregate earnings march upward over the years, and so also will the portfolio's market value.

i don't like short term...of course this is my personal opinion and does not want to alert anyone

JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:48:29 AM

if some one has little to no experience with investing they are better off contacting some who knows exactly how everything works.
investing is risky which means if you invest it in the wrong industry or wrong in a wrong way you might end up with a huge loss.

Saving money in bank is better than investing ..... Grin
If you invest in some organisation or on some project you have to wait for profit in return and it might have some risk.(Risk loss in project)
While saving in bank, you can use it at any time without any restriction. Smiley

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 08:56:00 AM

it is what i'm saying, those coins(that i've mentioned) are too strong to die, their market will continue no matter if the dev(cryptocoin does not need any dev btw, they are all open source and based on network consensus...) is abandoning it or other random reasons

My opinion is that Litecoin is a failed and failing coin. It was conceived with an idea of creating a cheap alternative (lite version of Bitcoin, as it were), with Bitcoin being a store of value (a-la gold) while Litecoin a means of exchange (a-la silver). But in the end it didn't produce any advantages aside from being cheaper than Bitcoin...

Dogecoin hit the bull's eye where Litecoin only aimed (dirty cheap and lightning fast transactions)

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:46:51 AM

How about trading it on altcoins? I`m sure there are many many good altcoin investment, now only a few cent cost, later it can be worth thousands of dollars!
Alt coin trading is the hardest and riskiest investment. If you have less knowledge about the alt coin you might end losing more.

Kinda like another form of gambling which depends on your luck and skill.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:55:23 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 10:11:18 AM by jayce

Saving money in bank is better than investing ..... Grin
If you invest in some organisation or on some project you have to wait for profit in return and it might have some risk.(Risk loss in project)
While saving in bank, you can use it at any time without any restriction. Smiley

I think some banks has began to loss their customers since the banks got many problem there
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7334249.stm
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cooperative-bank-loses-customers-after-paul-flowers-scandal-8969515.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/07/shawbrook-big-banks-challenger_n_4731535.html

It's okay if then you say that everything have it own risks. The risk is depend on what would you choose to using your money, and you need some analysis to make the best decision.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: