Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181172 times)
mordekaiser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:32:15 PM

bitcoin has more potential to grow, but they would not keep it safe for the future. i think Bank gives low interest investing in real estate is good idea

Its been  trying to grow for the last 5 years though... price is still around 200 zone but struggling.. so not sure.

as for the comment on banks giving low interest for real estate investing just dont be like people in 2008 financial crisis.
Nautiluss

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:59:43 PM

saving money is better imo. investing is a lot riskier but could potentially yield better results.

You should save first to invest money. From your saving based on your risk factor some portion need to invest for long term appreciation.

Saving -> Investing -> The profit or the Loss this is the cycle. If we have profit we invest again and again, everything is risky.

Its a matter of if the game or the system you chose is in your favor.

And it should be implied for everything we do in finance, most people dont get that so everythings consider not reducing the risk they take.
MasterYii

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:52:07 AM

In my opinion, you should be doing both at the same time.

Everyone must have some money for rainy days, but at the same time, you should invest some of your money, to make profits in the future. At the same time, be self aware, because if you don't know what to invest your money in, you will loose them.
Thats right, you can choose either saving or investing, because saving and investing are both useful and that 2 have a connection, like you must save first till its enough to invest, after investing your money and its successful save it again and buy those things that you need and want.

I prefer the method of all what i save to invest only a part of them or max 50% investing in a good projects or in cloud mining and other things. Not investing all of your saved money because if you fail then it will hurt too much.

What I do is just invest the minimum amount of Bitcoins in a service (like for example: cloud mining) That way when something unexpected happens I could be safe that I've only lost very little of my earnings instead of spending all my savings  Grin

A quote says "Invest as much as you can afford loosing them". Every investors risk their money with the hope that one day will get profit from it.

I could see investing as some sort of gambling. You're just risking you're money to get some profits (but sometimes you might even end loosing it all) Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Smiley
All the things that you can earn money have a risk, but taking the risk is not a gambling, its a part of our daily life, risk when your going to school, risk when you are driving your car or motor etc.

Thats pretty valid on all levels.

But i guess people just get confused on the levels of measure risk or setbacks of not planning if the decision they made goes bad. Its more of the persons decision making skills that need to be developed.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:04:46 AM

-snip-
its only on the company that you invested not totally the investing is a sort of gambling, theirs some but most of the company or most of investors invest in successful company and they know that company is good and they can assure that their money will earn profit.
Save money, then invest in Bitcoin. Forget that money. 5 years later check the price again. Ta-da! Your money is 10 times more now.

In conclusion i think the best way is to save money and later invest a part of it (mostly 20-50%) and wait for the profit.

I think even investing 50% of savings in more volatile products like btc and shares are bit risky so put more of them in less risky products.
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:30:54 AM

-snip-
its only on the company that you invested not totally the investing is a sort of gambling, theirs some but most of the company or most of investors invest in successful company and they know that company is good and they can assure that their money will earn profit.
Save money, then invest in Bitcoin. Forget that money. 5 years later check the price again. Ta-da! Your money is 10 times more now.

In conclusion i think the best way is to save money and later invest a part of it (mostly 20-50%) and wait for the profit.

I think even investing 50% of savings in more volatile products like btc and shares are bit risky so put more of them in less risky products.

if you want to be rich you will have to take huge risks, or take decades to reach or goal, if you ever reach it.

most people can't save, and any emergency will dry the little they have saved. Their only chance is risk and try to get big gains, if they don't get it, they would lose anyway so doesn't matter
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:33:18 AM

-snip-

its better then no risk though.

theres that saying where the biggest risk is not taking a risk at all.
rkandrades

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

Bitcoin Faucet & Blog

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:35:14 AM

-snip-

Or you could do as I do... Do not invest your money to buy bitcoins. Earn your FREE bitcoins.

Bitcoin█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
atcher.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
  FaucetFREE BTCitcoin RewardsBlogLearn about Finance, Economics and Bitcoin
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:47:55 AM

-snip-

I think it would be better for you to invest your money in govt bonds and let their value increase slowly, the government always has to pay back the money and that would be much less riskier, if you are afraid of volatility. Otherwise you could go to the banks and get interest but looking at inflation and thinking they'd be giving my money to someone else, I'd rather not.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:37:24 AM

the answer to this depends on the purpose
if you plan to go an a vacation or buy something then "save"
investing is more on the long term like for your future, so if you wan't to make sure that you have enough money by the time you reached 50, then "invest"
wxa7115

Activity: 2772
Merit: 718

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:20:12 AM

Save or invest? The truth is that it doesn’t need to be a binary option, you can do both, both options are good but in a different way.

Saving is easier; just spend less than what you earn and you are already saving, saving is also cheaper, if you pay cash then you don’t need to pay interest rates and stuff like that.

Investing is putting your savings to work for you, and this is a lot harder, you’ll need to do research and due diligence in order to avoid scams and frauds, but if successful the rewards can be enormous, not only economic rewards but also intangibles, like less stress, more self confidence, etc.
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:41:16 AM

I prefer to do saving. Sometimes, we will get high risks when we invests our money in someplace. Not always scamming, there are many risks over there, like your investment service has some bad time and then go bankrupt. But it's depend on you. If you don't want to use your money to fulfil your needs, just use invest your money.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:55:32 PM

anyone paying for bitcoin despite the cheap relative price points in your own view, is based on their own risk.

i think the price point is a delliusional concept in itself, its like predict on if the stock market basis.

but i rather save my money and earn the btc for free.
lastuser

Activity: 204

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:34:24 PM

For me, i will just save it in a secured place rather than investing it. There's a high risk on investing, it's like gambling
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:41:18 PM

anyone paying for bitcoin despite the cheap relative price points in your own view, is based on their own risk.

i think the price point is a delliusional concept in itself, its like predict on if the stock market basis.

but i rather save my money and earn the btc for free.

well, if you plan to make a long term investment then it will most likely pay off considerably. it's the short term that makes bitcoin a very unpredictable investment. but you're right regarding earning btc for free, there isn't a better alternative.
silverleafy

Activity: 538

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:10:17 PM

Save or invest? The truth is that it doesn’t need to be a binary option, you can do both, both options are good but in a different way.

Saving is easier; just spend less than what you earn and you are already saving, saving is also cheaper, if you pay cash then you don’t need to pay interest rates and stuff like that.

Investing is putting your savings to work for you, and this is a lot harder, you’ll need to do research and due diligence in order to avoid scams and frauds, but if successful the rewards can be enormous, not only economic rewards but also intangibles, like less stress, more self confidence, etc.

I completely agree with this. Saving is easier and more certain. Investing is more difficult and risky, but you learn much more, you (could possibly) earn much more. It also depends on what you invest in.
It also has the possibility of becoming a full time job. And if you like putting your own money at stake for a living, it's good. I haven't been able to invest much, but I've already seen returns on the small amount I put forward. Even though the profit is $2, I feel good about it. I want it to be my job, and someday, it will. I dont think it's like gambling, gambling relies entirely on chance, and the house almost always wins. When you invest, you check what risks to run, you investigate the market, etc.

I personally prefer to invest than to save.

BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:25:21 PM

You park your money at a bank.Bank leases money to individuals and corpaorations.If bank can not collect the money bank, bankrup and you lose your money.So why do not invest and carry your own risk instead of carrying sistematic and asystematic risks of the market.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 10:07:08 PM

You park your money at a bank.Bank leases money to individuals and corpaorations.If bank can not collect the money bank, bankrup and you lose your money.So why do not invest and carry your own risk instead of carrying sistematic and asystematic risks of the market.

Most people move their money, but yeah at some point in time a large amount will be there.

But for very brief moments, I have a rich friend who has more money in cash and in ameritrade trade account then just his bank.

lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:36:15 PM

I think theres no point if you dont save money.

At a certain point in time when you make a ton of money, youre going to park it somewhere.

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:41:50 AM

I`d do both. Its better to know that I have something fall back on for emergency and investing will be one aspect to grow my savings even more.

simple concept, but most dont do it.

mordekaiser

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:31:13 AM

the answer to this depends on the purpose
if you plan to go an a vacation or buy something then "save"
investing is more on the long term like for your future, so if you wan't to make sure that you have enough money by the time you reached 50, then "invest"

i think most people would love to do both.

Going on a vacation and buy something hence because they saved most of their life time to live comfortably.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: