Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:36:26 PM

TPTB: do you have any thoughts on the "black monday" crash going on right now?  Is this the start to the 2015.75 financial crash?  A foreshadowing of things to come over the next couple months?

Any steps to take in the immediate future?

As I explained in my post in the MA thread today, this is the false move that causes the peak in bonds by Oct. 1.

You should be selling gold, BTC, and bonds, and buying US dollar and US stocks on this low this week.

Hold tight in that until Spring 2016, then diversify some into gold and crypto coins (especially mine  Grin) as they will bottom (<$700 and <$100).

great, thanks for the response.

So are the calls for an all out "collapse" (of banks, society, outright chaos) overblown?  It seems like financial markets are getting much more volatile and risky, do you think those predictions are overblown?  Or are they just misdirection?

It will be a 2+ year collapse process.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:37:32 PM

Sell bonds.  The 10-Year now has a yield of just 1.99%.  1.99%?  Ahh, no thanks.

When yield goes higher, bonds decline in value.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:58:46 PM

Well if you want proof that Maxwell wants to make war with me, he moved the following thread from the Bitcoin Technical & Discussion thread, after I made the post pointing out I was AnonyMint and that his Andrew buddy has a flawed white paper:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159691.0

And not only that, but he didn't provide any "MOVED:..." thread link.

I am messaging the superior moderators.

If it is war he wants, then it is war he will get. And I am not referring to any action the owners of the forum obviously won't do. I am referring to destroying his company and Bitcoin. Now the fight is on.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:45:31 PM

Well if you want proof that Maxwell wants to make war with me, he moved the following thread from the Bitcoin Technical & Discussion thread, after I made the post pointing out I was AnonyMint and that his Andrew buddy has a flawed white paper:

If it is war he wants, then it is war he will get. And I am not referring to any action the owners of the forum obviously won't do. I am referring to destroying his company and Bitcoin. Now the fight is on.

New thread?: Technological Totalitarianism     Smiley

Re bond yields and bond prices, yes, TPTB I understand that.  But, I am not tempted to buy bonds at about 1.99%.  1.99% is only a little better than 0%, and the 1.99% would be taxed anyway.

Sure bonds could go up (they have gone up A LOT).  But, not for me.  Not going to ride that tiger.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:06:38 AM

New thread?: Technological Totalitarianism     Smiley

Re bond yields and bond prices, yes, TPTB I understand that.  But, I am not tempted to buy bonds at about 1.99%.  1.99% is only a little better than 0%, and the 1.99% would be taxed anyway.

Sure bonds could go up (they have gone up A LOT).  But, not for me.  Not going to ride that tiger.

1.99% is much better than the Swiss 10 year!
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:14:50 AM

http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2015/07/29/treason-charges-what-lurks-behind-the-bizarre-allegations/
trollercoaster
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:31:11 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 11:09:03 AM by trollercoaster

arielbit, thanks for this. I'm still looking into the pros and cons of shortwave for this application - plenty to learn! For instance, do you know how/if the "Rural Mesh Network" above could be adapted to be independent from the internet?

yes the "Rural Mesh Network" can be independent from the internet..it is like a separate internet from "the internet" but being disconnected from the internet will prevent you from accessing servers from a different location (e.g. google.com)

the application from this as stated in the paper is voice over IP, electronic mail etc.. imagine rural areas without telecom landlines or cellphone signal, or simply being able to communicate without using services and paying telecom companies, all this using only open source software.

since the network is maintained by the community..the question is the cost? is it cheaper this way?

http://wirelessafrica.meraka.org.za/wiki/index.php/DIY_Mesh_Guide_Download

using dd-wrt, an open source hack to cheap routers gives some advanced routing features needed for networking. even Linux pc's can be used as routers. https://www.pfsense.org/

i think we should still interconnect any network (e.g. rural wireless mesh, shortwave/HAM radio) to the internet because internet is already inside peoples homes, in their pc's and gadgets..this will greatly increase adoption of crypto currency. These networks should function as backup network or an alternative route for transactions..just like being able to get your money from an ATM in Bank A and an ATM in Bank B even though your money is deposited in Bank C (their ATM networks are interconnected)

One of the arguments for being able to withstand the government's documented moves towards controlling Bitcoin[1], is that mining can move to any jurisdiction and any means of internet connection, even low bandwidth shortwave or HAM radio.

What do you think of this guide? I am going to set up a couple of nodes, it looks pretty straightforward, portable due to low power consumption and low cost to set up.

Edit: it helps to paste the link.. http://hsmm-mesh.org
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:55:12 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 04:50:10 PM by TPTB_need_war

So now discussion of consensus
algos other than PoW are consigned to altcoin discussion?

Actually the discussion was applicable to Bitcoin's PoW also, because the selfish mining attack means any party that controls 33% of the network hash power can in theory accumulate wealth disproportionately faster than the rest of the network thus the fundamental flaw I described in the opening post. With certain control over the network propagation the required percentage drops as low as 25%. This can be happening now, indicators might be the orphan rate and statistics of how often two block solutions broadcast within the network propagation delay.

Perhaps Maxwell doesn't like the fact that I have a solution to that problem and am going to destroy Bitcoin and his bloated $24 million dollar vulture capital morass.

Maxwell is a smart guy, but selfish, closed source assholes (censoring technical discussion is closing source) can't win against the entire community of humanity. Does he really think the community can't pool enough resources to hire mathematicians and cryptographers as smart or smarter than him  Huh He has a personality disorder (or vested interest but he didn't decide to acquire his position of overlord without the personality disorder in the first place) that I think Eric S. Raymond described well:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4901

National styles in hacking
Posted on 2013-04-11 by Eric Raymond

The German: Methodical, good at details, prone to over-engineering things, careful about tests. Territorial: as a project lead, can get mightily offended if you propose to mess with his orderly orderliness. Good at planned architecture too, but doesn’t deal with novelty well and is easily disoriented by rapidly changing requirements. Rude when cornered. Often wants to run things; just as often it’s unwise to let him.

Self-healing in the Age of Collapsing Healthcare eugenics totalitarianism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWyiYUu-Dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoDt4nX3qEg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

I never said buy bonds. I have no idea why you say that? If you mean others shouldn't buy bonds, note they do this for safe haven liquidity and because as bonds yields decline the resale value of the bond increases rapidly. The actual yield is not their objective.

New thread?: Technological Totalitarianism     Smiley

Haha. Good one.

I'm healing myself, then it's time for war. I'm not joking. No more time for this forum.

I am 4 days and 15 hours into my fast, but ate 2 egg yokes, a cup of leafy greens, and 50-100g of white coconut meat about 24 hours into the fast:

P.S. If I seem moody or curt, perhaps it is because I've only eaten 2 egg yolks 40 hours into a fast which I intend to continue for week or weeks under the theory that ketogenesis will eat the bad prions which are sending chemicals to my brain to cause the brain to stop feeding itself glucose so the prions can get more glucose. Apparently the prions can't eat ketones but the brain can even it has been programmed by the prions to self-starve glucose. I need to get 100% healthy so I can code at my full capability.

For most all of you who have never experienced Multiple Sclerosis, just remember you have no idea how debilitating it is. Imagine your worst sickness where you felt like utter shit. Realize how good you feel while reading this. Note the difference. Imagine feeling like shit all the time. Multiple Sclerosis has different effects in different people. I experience Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. That effect is basically inability to concentrate and not a feeling of tired as in wanting to sleep, but rather a feeling of exhaustion and inability to sleep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLyS8bj3iJM

Very interesting theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CuGPRF3zXg

P.S. Who believes this is true?

https://youtu.be/4QGjpYIJs4Q?t=306

THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:43:50 PM

...any new design should be rural area friendly...

Living in a rural location myself, I've been wondering too at what options there might be. I'm pretty new to this and have been trying to work out what kit would be needed. Any layman-friendly advice from out there would be appreciated ;-)

One of the arguments for being able to withstand the government's documented moves towards controlling Bitcoin[1], is that mining can move to any jurisdiction and any means of internet connection, even low bandwidth shortwave or HAM radio.

What do you think of this guide? I am going to set up a couple of nodes, it looks pretty straightforward, portable due to low power consumption and low cost to set up.

Edit: it helps to paste the link.. http://hsmm-mesh.org

Thanks for the link, Trollercoaster. This is the kind of thing I was after, though I still have to link a few dots on this subject; to get my head around it. There's a guy in the next village to us with quite an impressive folding HAM radio rig, about 20-30 ft. tall. I'll have to get into conversation.
trollercoaster
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:48:20 PM

http://wndw.net there's a book here with some good information in it too.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:29:12 AM

2.) putting physical coins in common people's pockets..and the coins denominations. simple minded common people don't want operating systems (windows, linux, android or IOS) to transfer their money, they only need their hands.

Sorry physical coins can't be secure.

The solution is to make cryptocoins as easy as opening Facebook.

if that's the case i think cyptocoins and banks would co exist (not exactly like the banks today).. there will be mini/community banks or merchants who are trusted to exchange cryptocoins to notes,tokens, etc. I think physical money would never be outdated specially for micropayments. By then majority of bigger transactions would not involve banks anymore.

@trollercoaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXZiLoydqPo

nice links..i have WRT54G too bad it is version 8 (not supported) I'd love to see this HSMM-MESH on a router  Cheesy

running HAMs on router is low electricity and that's good but that just make us scavengers of old routers and they are scarce.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:45:51 AM

The One World Currency & Cryptocurrencies

Armstrong's Follow Up

arielbit (are you my neighbor?) it will be much more efficient to train fish vendors here in Philippines how to operate a smartphone. Private bank issued tokens would be too numerous, confusing, and not trusted as they will cheat and fail (as they in the 1800s in the USA). Don't you see everyone wants a smartphone.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:46:01 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 04:13:31 AM by arielbit

The One World Currency & Cryptocurrencies

Armstrong's Follow Up

arielbit (are you my neighbor?) it will be much more efficient to train fish vendors here in Philippines how to operate a smartphone. Private bank issued tokens would be too numerous, confusing, and not trusted as they will cheat and fail (as they in the 1800s in the USA). Don't you see everyone wants a smartphone.

yes, i am a Filipino.. had some laughs reading your posts describing Filipinos  Grin

i've been to some places where if there is some electrical line problem it takes a week or two and to a month or more for typhoon damaged lines to be fixed. People riding small boats, working in the fields and plantations, heavy rains etc. should be able to trade anytime anywhere.. i'm just trying to apply in my mind where in the worst possible situations cyptocoins can circulate like money.

yes i see everyone wants a smartphone but there are still people who cannot own one, even a 11$ made in china cellphone (not a smartphone) is hard for them to acquire.

Private bank issued tokens would be too numerous, confusing, and not trusted as they will cheat and fail (as they in the 1800s in the USA)

maybe there are workarounds on this because that is an old problem facing new technology, there are still uncharted territories and we are still exploring..
trollercoaster
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 07:24:45 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 08:52:20 PM by trollercoaster

http://www.coindesk.com/how-does-us-law-apply-to-foreign-cryptocurrency-companies/

http://www.coindesk.com/dark-web-market-agora-shuts-down-citing-security-threat/
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:19:14 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 06:20:34 AM by TPTB_need_war

Looks like the overlords at the forum are getting back into censorship again (or maybe they are just cleaning house to make threads less noisy). They deleted this very old post of mine. Unfortunately the deletion notification doesn't say which thread it was deleted from. Anyone remember?

Any way the content of that post is certainly not off-topic to this thread. Let's see if they censor it from an applicable thread.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

UK to Ban WhatsApp Messaging Service

The UK is ready to ban WhatsApp thanks to the Investigatory Powers Bill, also known as “Snoopers Charter”. This new act will allow the government to ban instant messaging apps that refuse to remove end-to-end encryption. The British want to peek at what everyone is doing for taxes. They already have signs all over stating they are hunting tax evaders.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:21:16 AM

http://www.nestmann.com/are-you-fit-to-be-boiled

Are You Fit to be Boiled?
By Mark Nestmann • August 25, 2015

I’ll never forget the first time I saw a lobster boiled alive. It was at a family gathering when I was very young, perhaps five or six years old. One of my aunts calmly picked up a happily wriggling lobster out of an ice chest and dropped it in a pot of boiling water. The lobster flailed a bit and then stopped moving.

That incident made a strong impression on me. I think of it whenever I read of a law, court decision, or administrative decision that, while not notable by itself, represents the end – the death – of something very important. But just like the lobster, most people don’t realize anything’s wrong. They continue “happily wriggling.”

Such was my thought process when I learned of a court decision last month that US persons have no right to withhold information about their foreign investments from the government, even if that information could be used to criminally prosecute them.

The Fifth Amendment appears to contain an outright prohibition of court decisions like this. The relevant section reads:

No person… shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself...

It’s pretty simple. If the government wants to punish us – the essence of a “criminal case” – it can’t force us to incriminate ourselves.

Like so many other rights the Constitution enshrines, the right against self-incrimination originated in England. By the 1600s, English law granted its citizens the right not to incriminate themselves. The Founding Fathers of the US made sure this concept found its way into the Bill of Rights.

For nearly 200 years after the Bill of Rights came into effect, the courts interpreted the self-incrimination clause broadly. An 1886 Supreme Court decision held that the Fourth and Fifth Amendments create a "zone of privacy" that protects an individual and his personal records from compelled production. And the famous Miranda case of 1966 made it clear that arrested suspects had the right to refuse to answer questions from police.

Things started going downhill from there, but it happened too slowly for most people to notice.

In 1974 and again in 1976, the Supreme Court ruled that the Fifth Amendment doesn’t extend to personal records that may incriminate you, if a third party (such as a financial institution) holds them. Prosecutors can issue broad summonses compelling custodians of personal and financial records to retrieve data that matches whatever criteria the government stipulates. Such “John Doe summonses” are now routinely used in tax investigations.

So it came as no surprise that in 1984, the Supreme Court concluded that, “The Fifth Amendment provides absolutely no protection for the contents of private papers of any kind.”

The 2013 Salinas Supreme Court decision opened the door for further incursions, by confirming that a jury can draw a negative inference from someone who refuses to answer a question.

With this track record, I wasn’t surprised to learn that last month, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that citizens may not claim Fifth Amendment protection for their bank records. A couple named Chabot lost their argument that their offshore bank records could incriminate them in district court, and they lost again on appeal.

This is how we lose the rights won through blood, sweat, and tears more than 300 years ago. The events and decisions that matter are so seemingly innocuous and occur over such an extended time period that almost no one pays attention. Piece by piece. Year by year. Even century by century.

It’s such a slow process that it’s easy to miss. Not unlike a lobster obliviously on the way to his doom.

Are you like a lobster ready to be thrown into the pot? Or do you have a Plan B?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:35:36 AM

A tyranny is not fought by petitioning it.

You have to be ready to take the moral high ground you claim to have, and ignore the tyranny to their demise.

There is no guaranteed, visible victory in your lifetime, but they dread to take your life, because it shortens their own rule:

Quote from: God
Rev. 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were , should be fulfilled.

So actually your victory is not dependent whether you live or die, it depends whether you associate with the tyranny or not.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:55:25 PM

rpietila have you seen that Christianity is taking over China?

The Communist Party is wrecked. The taipans don't want to give up their State owned enterprises monopolies which is what is holding back China.

We are nearing another Berlin wall collapse. Armstrong's computer model says Asia will bottom by 2020.

Anonymous currency and internet will be non-violent tools the people can employ to assert their sovereignty so they can ruled by only one King (for atheists that is a different King than for Christians).

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:32:29 AM

A tyranny is not fought by petitioning it.

You have to be ready to take the moral high ground you claim to have, and ignore the tyranny to their demise.

There is no guaranteed, visible victory in your lifetime, but they dread to take your life, because it shortens their own rule:

Quote from: God
Rev. 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were , should be fulfilled.

So actually your victory is not dependent whether you live or die, it depends whether you associate with the tyranny or not.

Clap, clap, clap.

+ eternity

Revelation is a hard book for me to understand.  I have needed a lot of time for an even less than minimal understanding.

But, yes, the context of your quotation is most gratefully received (while on vacation no less).
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:49:40 AM

A rather uninteresting article came out on Singapore in this weeks edition of the Economist. What was interesting, however, was one of the comments that was much more informative than the actual article. As I previously mentioned Singapore as a potential safe haven i have copied the interesting parts.

Quote from: Tony's View
Tonys View

Singapore has held elections every 4.3 years on average (the PAP has won 13 straight general elections in the 52 years between 1959 and 2011). Indeed, one election every four years is also the most common interval between elections (it happened 7 out of 12 times).
In the 2011 elections, the PAP won 60.1% of the popular vote on a 93.2% voter turnout. The PAP had similar numbers in the 1991 elections (61%) and 1997 elections (65%) -- but this improved in the 2001 elections to over 75%. Most political leaders can only dream of such voter endorsement.

The last time a British political party managed to win 60% of the vote was almost 150 years ago -- in 1868, by Gladstone’s Liberals! In 2015, Cameron’s Conservatives won only 36.9% of the vote on 66.1% voter turnout – in other words, Britain is being ruled by a party voted in by only 24% of eligible voters. Singapore is being led by a party voted in by 56% of eligible voters (who also happen to be among the best educated, smartest and most successful citizens in the world).

Singapore's election results are not surprising since polls indicate that four out of five Singaporeans have confidence in Singapore’s government, leaders, elections, judicial system and police. Google “Singapore Challenges the Idea That Democracy Is the Best Form of Governance” and see Table 5: 2014 polling data on satisfaction with government.
E.g., in response to the Gallup World Poll question “do you have confidence in your national government”, 84% of Singapore citizens polled answered affirmatively. This is the most positive perception in the entire developed world -- compared to 47% for British, 35% for Americans, 17% for Japanese, 42% for Germans, 44% for French, 23% for Koreans, 42% for Australians, 52% for Canadians, 40% for OECD average.

When asked about the Singapore government’s performance since the 2011 general election, 87% of the respondents surveyed by Blackbox indicated they were satisfied (64% said it was “good” or “very good”; and 23% felt it was “okay”). Only 10% said it was “not so good or poor”.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: