Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:08:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:50:45 AM

http://newsroom.border.gov.au/releases/abf-joining-inter-agency-outfit-to-target-crime-in-melbourne-cbd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 06:59:49 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 08:15:57 AM by generalizethis

A tyranny is not fought by petitioning it.

You have to be ready to take the moral high ground you claim to have, and ignore the tyranny to their demise.

There is no guaranteed, visible victory in your lifetime, but they dread to take your life, because it shortens their own rule:

Quote from: God
Rev. 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were , should be fulfilled.

So actually your victory is not dependent whether you live or die, it depends whether you associate with the tyranny or not.

Clap, clap, clap.

+ eternity

Revelation is a hard book for me to understand.  I have needed a lot of time for an even less than minimal understanding.

But, yes, the context of your quotation is most gratefully received (while on vacation no less).

If you want to understand Revelations, grab a mutating inkblot and ask a paranoid schizophrenic what they see. I love TPTB_need_war and Risto, but when they start quoting a book written by dudes claiming divine inspiration by a magical spaceman, I'm out. Though both Jung's and Nietzsche's interpretations of Revelations are both entertaining.  

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:31:49 AM

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were , should be fulfilled.
So actually your victory is not dependent whether you live or die, it depends whether you associate with the tyranny or not.

The number of seats in the table of martyrs is limited, and when it fills up, things start rolling...

immediately afterwards
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

...and it begins to get uncomfortable for the people who associated themselves with the system, rich and poor alike. The rich and poor have equal chance of exit, and the exit door is open now.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 03:39:20 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 03:53:39 PM by generalizethis

You do know that the messiah cults started with jews who thought the apoclypse+messiah would come and smote the Romans--who later became the Christians. Irony.

I have no problem with spirituality or politics, but when they get mashed together and put through the futurism blender, it gets real weird, real quick. There's no way you'd buy a bond on the info you're giving me on the Apocolypse, so sorry if I don't plan accordingly.

Some Dude, "Wanna buy a bond that will change your life?"

Me, "When does it expire?"

Some Dude, "When the Seventh Seal is opened."

Me, " When does that happen?"

Some Dude, " Only the issuer knows that."

Me, "Who's the issuer."

Some Dude, "No one knows for sure, so we gave him the pseudonym God."

Me, "So you don't know when the bond expires and no one has any real details on the issuer? Do you at least have some collateral?"

Some Dude, "No. But he expects 2+ hours of your weekend, a meditation in his honor throughout the day, your wife and kids acceptance of his omnipotence, your servitude, influence over your political and social views, a suggested 10% of your income to his causes, and for that small price you get a big payout,"

Me, "Think I'll pass without more facts."

Some Dude, "Then you'll burn for eternity while we rejoice in Heaven."

Me, "Hope no one you love forgets to sign up or you might have a hard time enjoying yourself while they're suffering eternally, but good luck and have a nice day."

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:10:43 PM

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

It seems that we cannot know the date in advance, but we can witness in the power of the Holy Spirit unto all the earth, and this is what I am doing.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:47:49 PM

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

It seems that we cannot know the date in advance, but we can witness in the power of the Holy Spirit unto all the earth, and this is what I am doing.

That's your thing. I'm keeping as much personal liberty as possible (religions are cages for your mind in my view--spirituality is another matter and doesn't ask much outside of a willingness and discipline to expand your consciousness), but I believe we are on the same team when it comes to freedom from domineering governments--as i think Christians and Buddhists are on the same side when it comes to government aggression.

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:41:27 PM

Here's a story I've witnessed all these years I've been messing around with some lab work. I once met a 70y old guy, he was diagnosed with throat cancer and his voice was barely audible. He was a heavy smoker alas the root of his problem. I was at the lab looking at his file with a friend who said "I don't recommend to go this guy for a chemo - he's lost anyway, besides he's already 75y old". The patient knew that he had it; and he agreed not to go for measures that will "give him a bad death", but he'd rather live his remaining days on his own way.

After 30-40 days it was the Orthodox Easter here. We had arranged to see his new examination file right after that to see how he goes. He showed up with his latest biochemical & MRI and the tumor was not there! We asked him what meds was on the 1.5 month and he said "my faith to God". He said to us that during the Easter time he drank nothing but water while the holy Friday he got to the church and prayed for his health. We were stunned. The colleague of mine told me that he had no scientific proof for such a tumor retreat within such a short time period.

I'm a known a-religionist, so I won't go for a religious explanation here - I don't have any. I do have some evidence that his 1 month fasting diet could have helped; but I can't say for sure this was the case. He still, FAITHFULLY believes, that God saved him; and who am I to oppose to his faith...

PS: He still smokes.  Roll Eyes

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:57:03 PM

When I was 5 years old, my father promised me the equivalent of 2,500 EUR when I am 18, if I don't smoke by 30. I collected the money (with interest, it was about 5,000 EUR) and lost it in the Nasdaq bubble. I did not start smoking until I was 33.

Now I have been not smoking for 28 days, to show my wife that it is possible. After 3 days I will start again though. But I only smoke cigars, and only hand-made.

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:08:27 PM

When I was 5 years old, my father promised me the equivalent of 2,500 EUR when I am 18, if I don't smoke by 30. I collected the money (with interest, it was about 5,000 EUR) and lost it in the Nasdaq bubble. I did not start smoking until I was 33.

Now I have been not smoking for 28 days, to show my wife that it is possible. After 3 days I will start again though. But I only smoke cigars, and only hand-made.

I had it quit 15y ago. Occasionally, I light up a cigar once every few months (up to years). Usually with a good glass of brandy or wine, whichever comes handy. It wasn't an easy task if you ask me, I was a heavy smoker too (up to 3 packs of Camels per day). I agree though, everything is possible when YOU decide it actually IS! Wink

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:31:04 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2015, 07:08:30 AM by TPTB_need_war

everything is possible when YOU decide it actually IS! Wink

In 4 hours I'll have completed 7 days of water only fasting, or 8 days if include the 2 egg yokes I ate after the first day.

The easiest thing to do is to sleep. Everything else is exhausting, but I do seem to get several hours a day where I can produce mental work.

The one thing I can say for sure is that I don't get the correlation of M.S. effects with eating. Obviously because I am not eating. Normally every time I eat, I get an elevation of M.S. effects immediately after. And I am getting virtually no pain in the stomach which was really becoming frequent before the fasting.

It subjectively appears to me that the M.S. effects in my head are so much reduced. But I am so fatigued, it may be subjective, but sure seems like I don't get itchy head, welts on back of head, etc..

I am actually getting more M.S. effects in terms of minor uncontrolled muscle spasms (mostly in the legs and feet). But this was something that happened more in 2010 and 2011. Before the fasting it had progressed more to stomach and head. So my subjecture wild ass interpretation is that maybe this indicates an unwinding back to earlier stage of the disease. Btw, I can still vertical leap 24" in this weakened state (age 50 and been unable to do athletics regularly).

Also I just today I started to get sensations down in my lower digestion system like pushing out material accompanied by farts. (Don't you just love reading these gory details, lol)

Bottom line for me is I am getting more FUNDAMENTAL changes from this than anything else I had tried in recent memory.

My operating theory is that the vitamin D3 et al, wasn't going to work because I was making a fundamental error. I was thinking it was only carbos that were bad. In fact, it appears that any protein and fat (and glucose!) are also bad, except for medium-chain fatty acids which can be converted to ketones while all others can't. So far, it is only coconut oil (less glucose than the meat) and coconut meat that I've found are medium-chain only fatty acids.

I don't have a scale around, but sure looks like I've lost 3 - 5 kilos in weight already. My waist is down from 34" to 32".

Thus my plan for diet when stopping the fasting is EXCLUSIVELY(!):

* raw leafy greens
* water
* coconut
* Kombucha tea (ordered this yesterday) to repopulate intestinal flora

This has been a multiple year battle. I am so tired of this M.S. (suicidal thoughts enter sometimes, but my work keeps me motivated). I sure hope I can see some hope and light at the end of the tunnel.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:47:33 PM

I love TPTB_need_war and Risto, but when they start quoting a book...

Did I quote the Bible in this recent discussion?

Maybe you can more carefully review the posts where I have quoted the Bible and try to figure out what my stance really is. It is not the one you assume above. It is also not your stance. My spirituality is personal and I am not required to tell any one.

You could for example see my past post suggesting to OROBTC not to move from one addiction to next one (religion).

Jesus was arguably against religion (see Matthew 6:5).

Perhaps you will see my past post wherein I showed how Christianity was a continuation of the sun god.

My post about China is the people are becoming disillusioned with communism and need a new religious delusion, and that means the Communist Party is wrecked.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:59:27 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 09:56:24 PM by TPTB_need_war

As I previously mentioned Singapore as a potential safe haven i have copied the interesting parts.

Asia is on the upside of the prosperity mountain and can share the love:

http://technology.inquirer.net/43924/singaporeans-kind-act-towards-foreign-workers-goes-viral

http://technology.inquirer.net/43331/a-kinder-gentler-social-media-in-singapore

The West is head over the top and down the waterfall backside of the mountain into selfishness, anger, and dysfunctional chaos.

Note China appears to have trouble, as notice most people don't even rush to help:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/sinkhole-swallows-commuters-bus-stop-china-video-shows/story?id=33336633

They built is lot of shoddy infrastructure (e.g. putting straw as filler in concrete). I've had experience with Chinese cheapskate construction (something as simple as the toilet not functioning or a pipe or concrete extrusion right at the level where you bang your head or gouge your eye) in the Philippines. Stay away! You could be the unlucky one. And they simply don't care. Don't even try to voice your dissatisfaction with poor service. Chinese attitude (same in Hong Kong) is take it or leave it. And you are not welcome in their clubs, gyms, etc.. I tried to work out in a gym in Hong Kong and couldn't find one that would accept me.

Perhaps the Chinese in Taiwan and Singapore are different. I don't have experience with them.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:04:48 PM

Btw on the Bitcoin killer. We're moving faster now...

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 01:27:57 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 02:07:10 AM by generalizethis

rpietila have you seen that Christianity is taking over China?

The Communist Party is wrecked. The taipans don't want to give up their State owned enterprises monopolies which is what is holding back China.

We are nearing another Berlin wall collapse. Armstrong's computer model says Asia will bottom by 2020.

Anonymous currency and internet will be non-violent tools the people can employ to assert their sovereignty so they can ruled by only one King (for atheists that is a different King than for Christians).

Sorry, thought you were being serious about this comment to Risto and lumped you into the taking Revelations as what will actually happen crowd. In which case you may not be directly quoting, but directly paraphrasing a book by a bunch of dudes who think they have divine inspiration from a magical spaceman. In truth i don't want to know your religious beliefs and didn't go any further in my speculation than those two items (one yours, one Risto's) in the thread.

As for miracles saving people. A lot of people change habits after a severe diagnosis and recover fully. The most common story (a secular one) is quitting your job, and with an obvious reduction of stress and obligations, the body can redirect energy to heal itself (are you paying attention TPTB_need_war?)--something Buddhists monks and Yogis have mastered without the "I eat Pagans for breakfast" god so prevalent in Western belief systems .

There are many special qualities to spirituality (and we evolved it for a reason "death denial" anyone?), but organized religion is the best way to keep yourself from having a spiritual experience. I'm an agnostic and have as much bliss from writing a poem (if not more) than any zealot can claim while castigating heathens. The experience can only be described as having an intense and protracted orgasm in your mind--those describing themselves in the prophetic or divining moment relate a similar ecstasy or bliss when they are experiencing what they claim to be god's divine inspiration. I just call it bliss, not sure why a god needs be brought into the conversation.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:29:48 AM

Aren't you strawmaning?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 11:54:35 AM by generalizethis

Aren't you strawmaning?

What am I strawmanning?

Let's revise the original statement by one word and see what happens?

If you want to understand Revelations, grab a mutating inkblot and ask a paranoid schizophrenic what they see. I love TPTB_need_war and Risto, but when they start quoting referencing a book written by dudes claiming divine inspiration by a magical spaceman, I'm out. Though both Jung's and Nietzsche's interpretations of Revelations are both entertaining.   

Does anyone want to play symantics police with that?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:24:29 PM

Aren't you strawmaning?

What am I strawmanning?

Strawmaning means to lash out against person A by attributing to him some stuff B that he is not doing, thinking or representing, based on some quality C of this person A, the other holders of which (the quality C) the attributor has seen representing stuff B as well.

Both me and TPTB_n_w have been the objects of your strawmaning.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 12:55:44 PM

Aren't you strawmaning?

What am I strawmanning?

Strawmaning means to lash out against person A by attributing to him some stuff B that he is not doing, thinking or representing, based on some quality C of this person A, the other holders of which (the quality C) the attributor has seen representing stuff B as well.

Both me and TPTB_n_w have been the objects of your strawmaning.

Not hardly, pointing out the flaw I think inherent in your reference to Revelations is not strawmanning. It's pointing out the flaw I think inherent in refrencing Revelations. It's not personal. I have deep rerspect for you Risto when it comes to business, finance and technological innovations, and I also have a deep respect for TPTB_need_war in technology and politics and few other things he's written about--but when you guys talk about religous matters (and yes the two kings or christ/antichrist from Revelations are a religous matter--if I'm mistaken on this reading, please tell me how I could glean a different reading, TPTB), the analytical skills you rely on so heavily in your gifted areas seems to shutdown and you sound like any man on the street who's sold his critical analysis for a piece of virtual pie in the sky (but after you die and no can prove otherwise, of course).

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:24:53 PM

You are so blind in this matter that I point out the one last time that:

*  it is OK to criticize my points in my actual writings that I myself have written, but

* it is NOT OK to criticize "my points", which in reality are your real or imaginary past impressions of other guys.

So yeah pls continue criticizing me, and also the other guys, but don't mix the critique in the same paragraph such that the reader gets the impression that I share the opinions with the other guys unless it's explicit that I do. Implicit is strawmaning.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 03:30:32 PM by generalizethis

You are so blind in this matter that I point out the one last time that:

*  it is OK to criticize my points in my actual writings that I myself have written, but

* it is NOT OK to criticize "my points", which in reality are your real or imaginary past impressions of other guys.

So yeah pls continue criticizing me, and also the other guys, but don't mix the critique in the same paragraph such that the reader gets the impression that I share the opinions with the other guys unless it's explicit that I do. Implicit is strawmaning.

The dialogue was to make a point (a parable) not sure if anyone would construe that as relating directly to you (they'd be mistaken as i was only trying to illustrate how most anyone would not accept bible logic when analyzing a bond--if that wasn't clear, i appologize). As for referencing the Bible or Revelations in the context of politics, my points stand and i make no appologies as i think it is a fraud.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: