Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:00:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:01:59 AM

The oldest near factual distance we can go back is barely 5,000 years. Carbon dating has proven itself unreliable. Sumer dating through the "pottery" method suggests an age possibly as far back as 5,000 years. And even that is not a certainty. We can tell that the earth is older than that, but we can't tell haw old beyond that. We absolutely have a lot of guesses, however. Since they are guesses, people who believe them as fact have a religion going for themselves.

Cool
Carbon dating is absolutely not unreliable whatever you say. And not only that but carbon dating is not the only method we use to date old things. It's plain stupidity to think that the world is 5k years old.

The fact that carbon dating is unreliable isn't my idea by any means. Google it.

Even tree ring and ice core samplings are judgmental in the ways they are used to date things.

We might be able to go back a little past 4,500 years or so, but beyond that, it becomes very unclear - dating pottery and written-on-clay fragments.

Lingual and genetic changes seem to trace back only to about 5,000 years. Beyond that even these kinds of datings become foggy.

What else is there other than guesswork?

Cool

FOGGY? WTF???

Carbon dating is EXTREMELY RELIABLE! Yeah go and Google it! Seems you need to:
"The reliability of the results can be improved by lengthening the testing time. For example, if counting beta decays for 250 minutes is enough to give an error of ± 80 years, with 68% confidence."

It means you have 70% to have the right date with 80 years error. So if you do it 10 times in a row, you have A FUCKING GOOD RELIABILITY!!!

And again carbon 14 datation is not at all the only one used by scientists! Do you even know how it works?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 03:06:48 PM

The oldest near factual distance we can go back is barely 5,000 years. Carbon dating has proven itself unreliable. Sumer dating through the "pottery" method suggests an age possibly as far back as 5,000 years. And even that is not a certainty. We can tell that the earth is older than that, but we can't tell haw old beyond that. We absolutely have a lot of guesses, however. Since they are guesses, people who believe them as fact have a religion going for themselves.

Cool
Carbon dating is absolutely not unreliable whatever you say. And not only that but carbon dating is not the only method we use to date old things. It's plain stupidity to think that the world is 5k years old.

The fact that carbon dating is unreliable isn't my idea by any means. Google it.

Even tree ring and ice core samplings are judgmental in the ways they are used to date things.

We might be able to go back a little past 4,500 years or so, but beyond that, it becomes very unclear - dating pottery and written-on-clay fragments.

Lingual and genetic changes seem to trace back only to about 5,000 years. Beyond that even these kinds of datings become foggy.

Cool

FOGGY? WTF???

"The reliability of the results can be improved by lengthening the testing time. For example, if counting beta decays for 250 minutes is enough to give an error of ± 80 years, with 68% confidence."

It means you have 70% to have the right date with 80 years error. So if you do it 10 times in a row, you have A FUCKING GOOD RELIABILITY!!!

And again carbon 14 datation is not at all the only one used by scientists! Do you even know how it works?

and bronze age dating is crystal clear. 13.8 billion is just 6 days and 4.5 billion is 6000 years.  Give it take few years  Roll Eyes

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:08:40 PM

Cool

Cool

FOGGY? WTF???

and bronze age dating is crystal clear. 13.8 billion is just 6 days and 4.5 billion is 6000 years.  Give it take few years  Roll Eyes

Nothing wrong with the math here. Seems clear to me. Cheesy

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 03:21:39 PM

Cool

Cool

FOGGY? WTF???

Lord works in mysterious ways (on your brain).

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:36:58 PM

What I don't understand is that denying carbon 14 datation means denying our knowledge about radiation and radioactivity... But they can't do that Grin

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:47:05 PM

Cool

Cool

FOGGY? WTF???

and bronze age dating is crystal clear. 13.8 billion is just 6 days and 4.5 billion is 6000 years.  Give it take few years  Roll Eyes

Back when I considered myself a Christian (I was 12), I asked my pastor about the dating... he actually had a decent argument (as far as Christian apologetics goes)

Quote from: 2 Peter 3:8
But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day
(this was how he justified dinosaurs... thousands of years between day 2 and day 3 of creation story gives time for dinosaurs before man was created)

Realistically, that still doesn't add up... even if the 6 days were 6000 years... that is still a far cry from 13.8 billion...
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:44:35 PM

Back when I considered myself a Christian (I was 12), I asked my pastor about the dating... he actually had a decent argument (as far as Christian apologetics goes)

But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day
(this was how he justified dinosaurs... thousands of years between day 2 and day 3 of creation story gives time for dinosaurs before man was created)

Realistically, that still doesn't add up... even if the 6 days were 6000 years... that is still a far cry from 13.8 billion...

Moloch was a Christian? Damn I wouldn't have say that Grin

Well it's rather a good explanation if you forget the "a thousand" part. The text litteraly says "well we don't know anything about the date and we don't give a fuck you know" ^^

Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:12:05 AM

Moloch was a Christian? Damn I wouldn't have say that Grin

Well it's rather a good explanation if you forget the "a thousand" part. The text litteraly says "well we don't know anything about the date and we don't give a fuck you know" ^^

You would be surprised at how many outspoken Atheists were indoctrinated as children...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ra rejected the indoctrination around the same age as I did, 12-14
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Dillahunty rejected the indoctrination much later in life... he was actually studying to be a preacher when he lost the faith

Here is a video of him talking about it:
Conversion: Baptist To Atheist - Matt Dillahunty Part 1/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZUpMuRg9wQ

There is even a website devoted to Christian preachers who lost the faith, and don't know what to do...
http://clergyproject.org/
Are you a religious professional who no longer holds to supernatural beliefs?
Have you remained in vocational ministry, secretly hiding away your non-belief?
Are you struggling over where to go from here with your life and career?
Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:11:59 AM

If anyone really wants to know why Atheists hate religion, watch this 5 minute video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFY29ZRHB8
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:47:00 AM

Seems like they never came back to explain why radioactivity isn't correct... xD
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:27:50 PM

The only reason atheists hate religion is, all religious people hate people of other religions, momentarily, once in awhile.

The only reason that atheists hate Christians is, atheists know that they are wrong, and that Christians are right, and nobody likes being told that he is wrong, especially when he is, like atheists are.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:42:27 PM

The only reason atheists hate religion is, all religious people hate people of other religions, momentarily, once in awhile.

The only reason that atheists hate Christians is, atheists know that they are wrong, and that Christians are right, and nobody likes being told that he is wrong, especially when he is, like atheists are.

The only difference between me and you is that I have facts and evidence to back up every claim I make...

Well, that and about 50 IQ points
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:34:14 PM

If anyone really wants to know why Atheists hate religion, watch this 5 minute video

For most of my life I had been fairly rabidly of the opinion that this guy spouts.  As of the last few years, not so much.

- Our education system is a wreck and I don't think that teaching gibberish in science class can possibly make the results any worse.  It's probably better than teaching basically wrong or at least vastly oversimplified stuff with some vague assertion of legitimacy 'because, science.'

- It's probably more dangerous to have a unified and inflexible curriculum defined by a single state and designed to achieve the goals of that state than it is to have a more flexible locally influenced one.  I'm now of the opinion that basically the state should mandate no more than that kids somehow learn 'the three R's and provide some basic support for that available to those who wish to use it, and everything else (including science, history, etc) should be left to the student, parent, and community.

- I don't have a real problem with there being individual and regional differences in inputs and outcomes.  I simply don't believe that 'uniformity' is very critical and not even all that desirable.

- I don't give a fuck what people in other nations think about us and it absolutely should not define our internal systems.  To be honest, I don't think very highly of most of them when it comes to a lot of fairly important things.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:43:56 PM

For most of my life I had been fairly rabidly of the opinion that this guy spouts.  As of the last few years, not so much.

- Our education system is a wreck and I don't think that teaching gibberish in science class can possibly make the results any worse.  It's probably better than teaching basically wrong or at least vastly oversimplified stuff with some vague assertion of legitimacy 'because, science.'

- It's probably more dangerous to have a unified and inflexible curriculum defined by a single state and designed to achieve the goals of that state than it is to have a more flexible locally influenced one.  I'm now of the opinion that basically the state should mandate no more than that kids somehow learn 'the three R's and provide some basic support for that available to those who wish to use it, and everything else (including science, history, etc) should be left to the student, parent, and community.

- I don't have a real problem with there being individual and regional differences in inputs and outcomes.  I simply don't believe that 'uniformity' is very critical and not even all that desirable.

- I don't give a fuck what people in other nations think about us and it absolutely should not define our internal systems.  To be honest, I don't think very highly of most of them when it comes to a lot of fairly important things.

Naw, fuck that... its time to stop being polite... religion is fucking bullshit... it is NOT SCIENCE and RELIGION SHOULD NEVER BE TAUGHT IN A SCIENCE CLASSROOM... NEVER!... PERIOD. FULL-STOP!

If you disagree, it is your right... but know that it makes you a fucking moron when you say people should teach religion in a science classroom... it makes us all look like morons because we are associated with you... go fuck yourself, and quit making me look foolish in front of the entire world!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:57:41 PM

The only difference between me and you is that I have facts and evidence to back up every claim I make...

Haven't shown any evidence yet, and since my IQ is about 50... oh that's right, you are off by about 50. Yours is about 150, right? And still I can whip you with all sorts of evidence, facts, and language. I'll keep mine, and you would benefit if you copied me.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:59:40 PM

If you disagree, it is your right... but know that it makes you a fucking moron when you say people should teach religion in a science classroom... it makes us all look like morons because we are associated with you... go fuck yourself, and quit making me look foolish in front of the entire world!

You look foolish for the name you chosed not for something somebody told on you.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:01:27 PM

Haven't shown any evidence yet, and since my IQ is about 50

IIRC, I pegged you as a 23 yr old white female who was home-schooled and has an IQ of 120... how close am I? Shocked
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:03:00 PM

For most of my life I had been fairly rabidly of the opinion that this guy spouts.  As of the last few years, not so much.

- Our education system is a wreck and I don't think that teaching gibberish in science class can possibly make the results any worse.  It's probably better than teaching basically wrong or at least vastly oversimplified stuff with some vague assertion of legitimacy 'because, science.'

- It's probably more dangerous to have a unified and inflexible curriculum defined by a single state and designed to achieve the goals of that state than it is to have a more flexible locally influenced one.  I'm now of the opinion that basically the state should mandate no more than that kids somehow learn 'the three R's and provide some basic support for that available to those who wish to use it, and everything else (including science, history, etc) should be left to the student, parent, and community.

- I don't have a real problem with there being individual and regional differences in inputs and outcomes.  I simply don't believe that 'uniformity' is very critical and not even all that desirable.

- I don't give a fuck what people in other nations think about us and it absolutely should not define our internal systems.  To be honest, I don't think very highly of most of them when it comes to a lot of fairly important things.

Naw, fuck that... its time to stop being polite... religion is fucking bullshit... it is NOT SCIENCE and RELIGION SHOULD NEVER BE TAUGHT IN A SCIENCE CLASSROOM... NEVER!... PERIOD. FULL-STOP!

Man are you going off the deep end! Even an animal doesn't want to have sex that much. But you want to fuck just about everything in sight... politeness, religion, science, classrooms in their PERIODS, morons, your buddy tvbcof... and you even want tvbcof to do it to himself.

Folks, watch out for this Moloch, guy. He is going off the fucking deep end.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:04:32 PM

Haven't shown any evidence yet, and since my IQ is about 50

IIRC, I pegged you as a 23 yr old white female who was home-schooled and has an IQ of 120... how close am I? Shocked

Stop pegging me. The least you can do is say it straight out.     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:06:29 PM

Man are you going off the deep end! Even an animal doesn't want to have sex that much. But you want to fuck just about everything in sight... politeness, religion, science, classrooms in their PERIODS, morons, your buddy tvbcof... and you even want tvbcof to do it to himself.

Folks, watch out for this Moloch, guy. He is going off the fucking deep end.

Can you possibly make a post that is something other than an argumentum ad hominem?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

If you want to defend teaching religion in science class... don't attack my character... attack my argument
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: