Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901280 times)
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:27:10 PM

Knowing what's wrong and what's bad fall under Philosophy. Where do you base your point of view that it is bad or wrong? That's why most theist put an argument saying "atheist are evil because they don't have morality, how can they base what's wrong and what's right?"

The difference is that atheists do good because they think it is the right thing to do. On the other hand, theists do good for fear of revenge and for their selfish interest.
That's why when we talk about morality, theist always read up their bible and condone that it is wrong to be homosexual, why it is bad?

But for atheist, it is not bad to do something as long as you don't harm or hurt anyone, that's the simplest form I can tell as an Atheist.

God set up the universe according to laws. People broke the basic of these laws - to love God above all things - and then started breaking many of the others as well.

When God sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross so that there could be salvation for people, was the death on the cross God's doing? or people's?

God is hurt in frustration pain (if nothing else) whenever people do wrong. Why? Because they are leading themselves away from faith in God and towards eternal damnation, the thing that Jesus went through a lot of pain, and even death, to save people from.

Cool
If jesus plan to die on the cross, was that god's plan? if yes then he clearly violated the free will he give on humans. It's like making an option when there's really no option to choose.

Jesus willingly did the plan of God... died on the cross to save mankind.

Certainly Jesus will receive great benefit from this sacrifice. But He did it freely and willingly, even though He didn't like the pain any more than you or I would.

Cool
Also isn't it stated on the bible that Jesus and God is the same?
John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

It really amuse me that all things I see on the bible is full of contradiction.

No contradictions. Only weakness in people. For example...

Do me a favor. Go out there and create a universe like the one we live in. And do it in 6 days like God did this one. Well, at least use your mind to levitate something to show us your great abilities.

And you think that you understand God enough to know that He is self-contradictory?  LOL!

Cool
I think he's telling that you're contradicting your bible with the argument you present

See this proof:
Certainly Jesus will receive great benefit from this sacrifice

You said Jesus will receive great benefit but on bible it is said that Jesus and God are one, in your argument you're implying that they weren't the same.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:37:12 PM

Knowing what's wrong and what's bad fall under Philosophy. Where do you base your point of view that it is bad or wrong? That's why most theist put an argument saying "atheist are evil because they don't have morality, how can they base what's wrong and what's right?"

The difference is that atheists do good because they think it is the right thing to do. On the other hand, theists do good for fear of revenge and for their selfish interest.
That's why when we talk about morality, theist always read up their bible and condone that it is wrong to be homosexual, why it is bad?

But for atheist, it is not bad to do something as long as you don't harm or hurt anyone, that's the simplest form I can tell as an Atheist.

God set up the universe according to laws. People broke the basic of these laws - to love God above all things - and then started breaking many of the others as well.

When God sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross so that there could be salvation for people, was the death on the cross God's doing? or people's?

God is hurt in frustration pain (if nothing else) whenever people do wrong. Why? Because they are leading themselves away from faith in God and towards eternal damnation, the thing that Jesus went through a lot of pain, and even death, to save people from.

Cool
If jesus plan to die on the cross, was that god's plan? if yes then he clearly violated the free will he give on humans. It's like making an option when there's really no option to choose.

Certainly Jesus will receive great benefit from this sacrifice. But He did it freely and willingly, even though He didn't like the pain any more than you or I would.

Cool
John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

Do me a favor. Go out there and create a universe like the one we live in. And do it in 6 days like God did this one. Well, at least use your mind to levitate something to show us your great abilities.

And you think that you understand God enough to know that He is self-contradictory?  LOL!

Cool
I think he's telling that you're contradicting your bible with the argument you present

See this proof:

You said Jesus will receive great benefit but on bible it is said that Jesus and God are one, in your argument you're implying that they weren't the same.

I agree with you about Jmild1.

What I was saying is that God is so extremely Great and "different" from us that we don't/can't understand how God can be One God, and yet have 3 parts (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), that are each entirely God on their own, and yet are 3 completely separate parts, and yet have only One God.

We can't/don't understand, just like we don't understand almost 100% of the universe.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
escrowboy

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:05:52 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

See this proof:

I agree with you about Jmild1.

What I was saying is that God is so extremely Great and "different" from us that we don't/can't understand how God can be One God, and yet have 3 parts (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), that are each entirely God on their own, and yet are 3 completely separate parts, and yet have only One God.

We can't/don't understand, just like we don't understand almost 100% of the universe.

Cool
Yeah, and I think your only diffirence with him is that you see it as a great power that you can't understand how it works but for Jmild1 as he is an atheist he see it as full of contradictions that will never be possible to exist in the law of Physics we currently have.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:16:03 PM

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:32:13 PM

@Moloch, some divine logic god has going for him eh! lol. I like the point 4 most - lay low the rest of the time.  Cheesy

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:12:17 PM

I think Atheists hate religion because some people use religion to gain an advantage over other people. Some head of the religion use the name of their "God" to earn like collecting money and they will say that they will use it for charity because that's the will of God but in reality they will keep it and use it personally. Some people also use religion to depend the crimes they commit by saying that "God" let them do it and that it is his will. By being an atheists, they are not bound to follow a "higher being" that will make them do this things.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:35:33 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 08:33:25 PM by hase0278

I dont know exactly why Atheists hate religion but I think there are several reasons. The first reason is that they don't believe that Gods Exist. They believe that bible was made only by humans and created by another humans to fool another human but I may be wrong since this thing im saying is just my hypothesis. Lastly, They hate religion because they believe every miracle can be explained by science I think. Correct me if im wrong but I may be wrong.
Mauser

Activity: 1834
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 12:16:05 PM

Hello all

I have never meet the atheist who hates any religion,
instead i meet a lot of religious guys who hates all or few other religions. So i think this thread title have wrong setup.

I fully agree with you. It is mostly religious people who are ignorant towars other religions. Just look at Islam...you are supposed to be killed as a men when leaving the religion (convert or become an atheists)...can't get more ignorant than that.
nururochac

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 12:50:05 PM

I think Atheists hate religion because some people use religion to gain an advantage over other people. Some head of the religion use the name of their "God" to earn like collecting money and they will say that they will use it for charity because that's the will of God but in reality they will keep it and use it personally. Some people also use religion to depend the crimes they commit by saying that "God" let them do it and that it is his will. By being an atheists, they are not bound to follow a "higher being" that will make them do this things.
That's one of the reason, their are way more reason why a atheist hate certain religion. They are not just oppressing people but they are also slowly making the world develop and progress.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:07:19 PM

Well I dont know exactly why Atheists hate religion but I think there are several reasons. The first reason is that they don't believe that Gods Exist. They believe that bible was made only by humans and created by another humans to fool another human but I may be wrong since this thing im saying is just my hypothesis. Lastly, They hate religion because they believe every miracle can be explained by science I think. Correct me if im wrong but I may be wrong.
I guess what you are saying is right !! They hate religion because they feel that the religion were created by humans to fool the society or in other words have control over them. There are many rules and things that don't add up and think that these are more of a tradition than religion.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:56:27 PM

Well I dont know exactly why Atheists hate religion but I think there are several reasons. The first reason is that they don't believe that Gods Exist. They believe that bible was made only by humans and created by another humans to fool another human but I may be wrong since this thing im saying is just my hypothesis. Lastly, They hate religion because they believe every miracle can be explained by science I think. Correct me if im wrong but I may be wrong.

What is known as "the bible" is in fact a compilation of various ancient literary genres written by different authors in different locations over and extended period of time. All of these authors were of middle eastern origin and shared cultural-religious beliefs and rituals (that varied itself over time as nothing stays the same).

The variation is not that huge though. If you look at middle eastern cultural-religious beliefs of the Islamist faction Boko Haram and what they are doing today (see for instance the Chibok schoolgirl kidnapping in Nigeria in 2014 for instance, where virgin schoolgirls between 16-18 were kidnapped and forced into so-called 'marriage' with the Boko Haram soldiers) then you will realize the continuoues congruency across all middle-eastern born religions, evidenced by the compilation of literary works. As a comparative example, look at this passage in Numbers 31:13-18, 31-35  and do the comparison to Islamist Boko Haram and you will discover how cultural-religious values are shared and transferred all over  the show from then till today:

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

31 So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the Lord commanded Moses.

32 The plunder remaining from the spoils that the soldiers took was 675,000 sheep, 33 72,000 cattle, 34 61,000 donkeys 35 and 32,000 women who had never slept with a man

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:51:23 AM

Hello all

instead i meet a lot of religious guys who hates all or few other religions. So i think this thread title have wrong setup.

I fully agree with you. It is mostly religious people who are ignorant towars other religions. Just look at Islam...you are supposed to be killed as a men when leaving the religion (convert or become an atheists)...can't get more ignorant than that.
I have met, but not all people are haters. You can find haters in all groups of people

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:32:21 AM

Hello all

I have met, but not all people are haters. You can find haters in all groups of people

Atheist just represent one thing, it is their lack of belief that there is a certain god. Other than that would be their attitude already wether they are hypocrites or not.
nevi111

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:40:27 AM

i think atheist are just people who do not like to be controlled or have the feeling to believe in a deity or any Godliness. but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?
bitcoinusd

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:43:54 AM

If atheists hate organized religion, it's because they blame religion for many of the problems that exist in life.

If atheists hate religion in general, it's because their atheism is their attempt to get away from religion, but they can't, because atheism IS a religion.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:49:48 AM

i think atheist are just people who do not like to be controlled or have the feeling to believe in a deity or any Godliness. but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?
Happens after death is will be decayed on soil, getting decomposed and our body's nutrients will be absorbed. Think on what are you before you get born that's how you think what will be your outcome once you died.
CroSany

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:55:58 AM

Atheist hate religions because God didn't pro've that he exist.It looks that Jesus,Muhamed,Buda,Šiva,... were on really hard drugs and very hard halucinations when they saw imposible things.Why God is not proofing right now that he exist?Because he dont even exist.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:09:51 PM

Atheist hate religions because God didn't pro've that he exist.It looks that Jesus,Muhamed,Buda,Šiva,... were on really hard drugs and very hard halucinations when they saw imposible things.Why God is not proofing right now that he exist?Because he dont even exist.

The interesting thing about God is that He doesn't force anyone to believe. God offers freedom. Besides, if He forced people to believe, it wouldn't be belief any longer. It would be knowledge.

But, God shows us through science that He DOES exist. And for the people who are not into science, all one need do is look at nature to see God.

Why don't people see God by looking at nature? Because they have talked themselves into the idea that God doesn't exist. That's all. They have lied to themselves so strongly that they don't see God in nature any longer.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
escrowboy

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:22:02 PM

I saw and read some stuff before and got some interesting idea why people created/invented Gods. It use as scapegoat for people that feel anxiety and depression, it is also used to be an answer to unanswerable things before and last thing used to escape fear after death.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:27:25 PM

I saw and read some stuff before and got some interesting idea why people created/invented Gods. It use as scapegoat for people that feel anxiety and depression, it is also used to be an answer to unanswerable things before and last thing used to escape fear after death.

This is no different for atheists. Atheists are simply curious people trying to make lack of finding the answers their God.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: