Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
DStefanov

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:54:28 AM

Is there information will appear when a new version of the graphic wallet v0.4.3.
2 days I have problems with version v0.4.2 database already lost and coins !!! Hopefully the problems in v0.4.3 be eliminated soon, because it will make me abandon Mining of this coin! Unfortunately, of course!  Sad

?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Does anyone know anything about it Huh

Meanwhile, this version is super, mega, terra ..... buggy in any way you can not close wallet without lost coins - about 1000000 S! Too bad that I believed in this project, but so far to stop mining until you solve the problems with the database!  Angry

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 10:05:46 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 10:35:57 AM by chrysophylax

Is there information will appear when a new version of the graphic wallet v0.4.3.
2 days I have problems with version v0.4.2 database already lost and coins !!! Hopefully the problems in v0.4.3 be eliminated soon, because it will make me abandon Mining of this coin! Unfortunately, of course!  Sad

?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Does anyone know anything about it Huh

Meanwhile, this version is super, mega, terra ..... buggy in any way you can not close wallet without lost coins - about 1000000 S! Too bad that I believed in this project, but so far to stop mining until you solve the problems with the database!  Angry

ive now lost almost 8 million also ... and that was the last one ...

taek - is there anyway to recoup the lost coins? ... or are they gone forever? ...

its a hug amount ive lost now - and as impressed as i am with teh whole project - and KNOW that it is worth it for the storage facilities - i must agree that minign for me has also stopped ...

i have NOT lost faith in the project - as i am willing to help in anyway i can ... even to host servers that will help the network ... but im at a loss as understand how we can continue to mine and lose coins that could be used for storage later ...

i think if anything - that should be the priority ... the safety of the funds in the wallet via the stability of the wallet ...

tanx taek ...

edit - wait up ... the coins have re-appeared ... have you got your wallet locked or unlocked? ... it seems when you unlock the wallet and wait a few minutes - the coins re-appear ...

#crysx

fundomatic

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:19:32 AM

Current sia hashing rate (according to http://explore.siacoin.com/) is 1.407528 TH/s.

The highest I've seen.

Edit: Now it dropped to more familiar 642.957488 GH/s. Strange.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 10:24:50 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 10:35:18 AM by chrysophylax

Current sia hashing rate (according to http://explore.siacoin.com/) is 1.407528 TH/s.

The highest I've seen.

Edit: Now it dropped to more familiar 642.957488 GH/s. Strange.

thats because its not strange Wink ...

it happens when miners come and go ... as you know ...

it will pick up again ... when the new wallet is a hell of a lot more stable ...

#crysx

Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:22:54 AM

I'm sure many times when someone is fudding they're trying to get people to dump into their buy orders.

I haven't been following SC for long but it seems to have some real potential, how many coins will there be after 1 year? is there a cap

if MINT can hold 15-25 as well as it has with 22 billion coins, then a project like SC should be able to hold much greater value over time HA as long as we don't end up with too many billion

I tend to look at marketcap rather than price which is still very very low.  Because actually supply of coins is a red herring, you can have a trillion coins and be underpriced. The total supply is 4billion I think with some relatively minor inflation annually.

Current supply is about 5 billion. One year from now it will be around 16 billion. Sia is only a few months old, which means the inflation rate is going to continue to be very high for a while. However, the growth rate should also be very high. After about 6 years the inflation rate will dip below 3% annually.

In the latest 32 bit version I found that siad cannot be run. The package may have included the 64 bit siad.exe by mistake?

Will look into it. You are running the GUI? Do you have a more specific error message?

2 days I have problems with version v0.4.2 database already lost and coins !!! Hopefully the problems in v0.4.3 be eliminated soon, because it will make me abandon Mining of this coin! Unfortunately, of course!  Sad

You should not have lost any coins. Database corruption does not result in lost coins. Make sure you unlock the wallet after your database resynchronizes.

Meanwhile, this version is super, mega, terra ..... buggy in any way you can not close wallet without lost coins - about 1000000 S! Too bad that I believed in this project, but so far to stop mining until you solve the problems with the database!  Angry

taek - is there anyway to recoup the lost coins? ... or are they gone forever? ...

As you saw, coins are not gone. 0.4.x wallets should have lots of strong protections against losing coins. Coins are safe even when the database corrupts.

Currently working on fixing the database corruption. At this point, my development branch no longer experiences database corruption, but I am still testing to make sure more bugs were not introduced. Blockchain download is also much faster as a result of the fixes.
DStefanov

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:50:42 AM

You should not have lost any coins. Database corruption does not result in lost coins. Make sure you unlock the wallet after your database resynchronizes.

I am absolutely convinced of what I say! Always wait for the first synchronization and then unlock your wallet!Then unlock the wallet, I see your balance and start mining!
If what you say
Database corruption does not result in lost coins.
that is true, then you have a serious problem with the wallet v.0.4.2 and should immediately pay attention to this! HE LOSES COINS! And this happens several times with me.
Please, if someone happened and confirm it!

Forobitcoins

Activity: 301

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:26:46 PM

Hello, the v0.4.2 version is fully functional with siafunds?
How I can see that the siafunds are really in one direction?

Sorry for my broken English XD
DStefanov

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 12:27:30 PM

The coins are lost after switching off the wallet! Usually the latter dug block, regardless of when it was excavated !!!

1. Wallet except as close to "x" graphic-interface, then close "siad.exe" from Task manager!
2. After starting the GUI wallet my balance is zero, walleto shows "siad exited with code:0". Obviously the database is damaged.
3. Because the database is damaged delete set.db located in the folder "consensus".
4. Restart wallet and he began again to synchronize data. Do not unlock the wallet until fully synchronized.
5. After aligning unlock wallet and see value in the portfolio that is decreased by value and one block !!!
6 ...... This is repeated many times, and after each synchronization and start to lose money from the wallet!

....?!? !! Obviously the loss of data from the database are lost and coins !!!!!

ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:40:27 PM

The coins are lost after switching off the wallet! Usually the latter dug block, regardless of when it was excavated !!!

1. Wallet except as close to "x" graphic-interface, then close "siad.exe" from Task manager!
2. After starting the GUI wallet my balance is zero, walleto shows "siad exited with code:0". Obviously the database is damaged.
3. Because the database is damaged delete set.db located in the folder "consensus".
4. Restart wallet and he began again to synchronize data. Do not unlock the wallet until fully synchronized.
5. After aligning unlock wallet and see value in the portfolio that is decreased by value and one block !!!
6 ...... This is repeated many times, and after each synchronization and start to lose money from the wallet!

....?!? !! Obviously the loss of data from the database are lost and coins !!!!!
If you start with a wallet from 3.3.3 client, you may try to launch 3.3.3 with the old wallet and observe the balance after sync.

On the other hand, are the lost coins recently mined ones ?
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 12:40:48 PM

I'm sure many times when someone is fudding they're trying to get people to dump into their buy orders.

I haven't been following SC for long but it seems to have some real potential, how many coins will there be after 1 year? is there a cap

if MINT can hold 15-25 as well as it has with 22 billion coins, then a project like SC should be able to hold much greater value over time HA as long as we don't end up with too many billion

I tend to look at marketcap rather than price which is still very very low.  Because actually supply of coins is a red herring, you can have a trillion coins and be underpriced. The total supply is 4billion I think with some relatively minor inflation annually.

Current supply is about 5 billion. One year from now it will be around 16 billion. Sia is only a few months old, which means the inflation rate is going to continue to be very high for a while. However, the growth rate should also be very high. After about 6 years the inflation rate will dip below 3% annually.

In the latest 32 bit version I found that siad cannot be run. The package may have included the 64 bit siad.exe by mistake?

Will look into it. You are running the GUI? Do you have a more specific error message?

2 days I have problems with version v0.4.2 database already lost and coins !!! Hopefully the problems in v0.4.3 be eliminated soon, because it will make me abandon Mining of this coin! Unfortunately, of course!  Sad

As you saw, coins are not gone. 0.4.x wallets should have lots of strong protections against losing coins. Coins are safe even when the database corrupts.

Currently working on fixing the database corruption. At this point, my development branch no longer experiences database corruption, but I am still testing to make sure more bugs were not introduced. Blockchain download is also much faster as a result of the fixes.

thats great ...

it turns out that an unlock of the wallet released the amount ... or at the very least - showed the amount that was not visible when the wallet was locked ...

tanx taek ...

#crysx

DStefanov

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 01:43:19 PM

If you start with a wallet from 3.3.3 client, you may try to launch 3.3.3 with the old wallet and observe the balance after sync.

On the other hand, are the lost coins recently mined ones ?

Unfortunately for me I delete this version and I can not find her. Otherwise, the idea is good and worth trying.  Wink
Thanks!

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 03:56:27 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 06:23:39 PM by MinermanNC

Just for the record, I have used every wallet since day one. I have never lost any coins, even after 2 corrupted wallets.... once corrected those coins always where there. Of course you need to unlock the 4.1 if ya want to see them  Wink

Bugs will be worked out. I am confident Taek and the others will perfect this wallet which is a true work of genius.  Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Taek (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 03:58:16 PM

Repeated many times? You lost exactly 1 block in value many times? You were using the same wallet.json file? And you are sure that the balance was confirmed before? Given how the wallet works, this error sounds unlikely. I think you are missing some information.
ol92

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:40:35 PM

Is it safe to use 3.3.3 version ?
It seems to work better for me (mining, sync, balance... I do not speak about files hosting).
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

It seems to work better for me (mining, sync, balance... I do not speak about files hosting).
I still have the bulk of my coins stored on .0.3.3.3 wallet, and seems to work fine for mining still. (Just ain't found no blocks in a while) lol

I think there is hard fork coming up at block 21,000 so not sure if its wise to have any coins stored on .0.3.3.3 as that approaches?

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
bones

Activity: 248

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:59:05 PM

i am tryng to mine in windows, wallet verson 4.2 wth sia gpu miner, win 7 64,unlocked  wallet, keep gettng the "failed to load kernel" message.
anyone  have any ideas on how to fix this pls?
Taek (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:02:22 PM

It's okay. Hardfork at block 21,000, so make sure to upgrade soon. 0.4.3 should address a lot of the issues that people are running into, particularly with the database corruption, but we also made some changes to the networking code. Unlocking the wallet during IBD should also stop freezing everything, though it may take time.

i am tryng to mine in windows, wallet verson 4.2 wth sia gpu miner, win 7 64,unlocked  wallet, keep gettng the "failed to load kernel" message.
anyone  have any ideas on how to fix this pls?

It means you aren't pointing it to the right gpu I believe. There are flags to set the platform and device, more help can be found by running `./sia-gpu-miner --help`
Malibusparky

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:09:15 AM

I sent all my coins to my new 0.4.1 wallet. But I couldn't upload files I keep getting error messages. So I updated to 0.4.2, uploading worked.

But here is my issue. So I took wallet.json from 0.4.1 and put it in the new 0.4.2. When opening up the client my balance is 0 fine. So I unlock it under wallet and in overview

my correct balance shows. But under the wallet tab,  Balance: says "Locked" and Pending: says "Locked" no matter what I do. I sent coins and uploaded a file and restarted to see

if it goes away it doesn't. Its obviously not locked as the wallet tab also say "unlocked" and I can send coins. Its a graphical issue only I'm sure which seemed to happened

after recovering a backed up wallet file to new 0.4.2 wallet.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:50:29 AM

Just for the record, I have used every wallet since day one. I have never lost any coins, even after 2 corrupted wallets.... once corrected those coins always where there. Of course you need to unlock the 4.1 if ya want to see them  Wink

Bugs will be worked out. I am confident Taek and the others will perfect this wallet which is a true work of genius.  Smiley

Well good for you..
Maybe you haven't actually 'used' the wallets like making transactions... but I see more people complaining about losing coins for a few months now(when was 3.3.2 released?) .  I've lost about 50% of the coins on 3 different occasions and on 3 different wallets..

These issues have never been addressed appropriately and the devs only keep pushing for the next buggy release..
ol92

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:58:20 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 10:11:50 AM by ol92

Well good for you..
Maybe you haven't actually 'used' the wallets like making transactions... but I see more people complaining about losing coins for a few months now(when was 3.3.2 released?) .  I've lost about 50% of the coins on 3 different occasions and on 3 different wallets..

These issues have never been addressed appropriately and the devs only keep pushing for the next buggy release..

I have recovered my "lost" (not really lost) coins by switching back to 3.3.3 (I think these are recently mined).
Don't erase old wallets when you upgrade.

I think the dev team should focus on the good functionning of the coin before improving file sharing : this include fixing problems on the wallet, use of a good difficulty adjustement algo (the difficulty is too slow in adjustements : you may see the delta algo used by guldencoin for instance) to keep the block time more regular...

On the other hand, I still believe on this projetc and I have invested a bit more thanks to the rather low prices.

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: