Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:14:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572413 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 02:35:32 PM

What else would you expect? Lotsa Trump supporters are cool with it, even if it makes them appear as if they jumped on the Trump Train from the turnip truck.

Something like this was inevitable. Ya think Carl Ichan and Lloyd Blankfein don't have each other on speed-dial? Friend of a friend?

And besides, the nom is now a done deal. It's Trump's train, so he's steering it towards Centerville. The first rule of Trump train is that there's only one person in charge of Trump Train. And in Trump's variant of New York values, a done deal is a done deal. You can play the peacock as much as you want during the negotiation, but once the deal is done it's done. It's a commitment.

Trump's part of the deal is to win the general. The base's part of the deal is to stick by him. A deal's a deal.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 02:45:00 PM

What else would you expect? Lotsa Trump supporters are cool with it, even if it makes them appear as if they jumped on the Trump Train from the turnip truck.

Something like this was inevitable. Ya think Carl Ichan and Lloyd Blankfein don't have each other on speed-dial? Friend of a friend?

And besides, the nom is now a done deal. It's Trump's train, so he's steering it towards Centerville. The first rule of Trump train is that there's only one person in charge of Trump Train. And in Trump's variant of New York values, a done deal is a done deal. You can play the peacock as much as you want during the negotiation, but once the deal is done it's done. It's a commitment.

Trump's part of the deal is to win the general. The base's part of the deal is to stick by him. A deal's a deal.

And now can anyone of you people explain me why trump would/should remember even one of his promises if he gets voted in?

He is already backtracking now should be obvious how the future looks like.

Oh and btw. Russia supporting trump should be a really bad signal.
Just look at europe and which parties get money and support from russia.

Well anyway a weak USA means rest of the world gets stronger i guess.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 02:45:39 PM

"Donald Trump’s Idea to Cut National Debt: Get Creditors to Accept Less"

Now this item here is fascinating. To be honest, I expected the Donald to broach something like this; his own business career telegraphed it with loud-and-clear clickety-clicks. To preface any future discussion, I'll start off with a dufus quote from the article:

Quote from: someone named Lou Crandall
“No one on the other side would pick up the phone if the secretary of the U.S. Treasury tried to make that call,” said Lou Crandall, chief economist at Wrightson ICAP. “Why should they? They have a contract” requiring payment in full.

For those of us living in the real world, U.S. Treasury debt is sovereign debt. It's debt issued by a sovereign nation, legally structured as a debenture. And one thing about sovereign nations, they have the traditional sovereign right to rip up contracts. Heck, Argentina's been inducing "credit events" recurrently over the last century and the creditors have always come back.

It would be funny as anything if the European Union felt obliged to put together a bailout package for the creditors of the U.S. government...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 02:46:52 PM

And now can anyone of you people explain me why trump would/should remember even one of his promises if he gets voted in?

It's part of the usual election dance in the U.S.: it's called the march [or pivot] to the centre.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 03:01:12 PM

Now this item here is fascinating. To be honest, I expected the Donald to broach something like this; his own business career telegraphed it with loud-and-clear clickety-clicks. To preface any future discussion, I'll start off with a dufus quote from the article:

“No one on the other side would pick up the phone if the secretary of the U.S. Treasury tried to make that call,” said Lou Crandall, chief economist at Wrightson ICAP. “Why should they? They have a contract” requiring payment in full.

For those of us living in the real world, U.S. Treasury debt is sovereign debt. It's debt issued by a sovereign nation, legally structured as a debenture. And one thing about sovereign nations, they have the traditional sovereign right to rip up contracts. Heck, Argentina's been inducing "credit events" recurrently over the last century and the creditors have always come back.

It would be funny as anything if the European Union felt obliged to put together a bailout package for the creditors of the U.S. government...

As far as I can tell that is actually the most sane solution. Don't pay the debt.

My idea would be to shut down the United States on July 3rd. Open the United States 2.0 on July 4th.

You would still have the same income from the income tax since the police and jails will be handed over to US2.0. But you would be under no obligations that US1.0 had. Thus, no more debt. That's $400 billion per year extra that I just saved you instead of paying interest on the debt.

Nobody would ever trust US2.0's credit anymore? No worries, US2.0 has a balanced budget amendment. No need to ever borrow again.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:40:17 PM

More good news as far as I'm concerned.  At least potentially since I could make up-sides out of almost every one of these bullet points.

1.  A traitor from the enemy ranks can make an especially valuable contribution.

2.  Perhaps it sucked.  I didn't read it.  Long past ideas from Trump appear to be something of a 'claw back' of ilbegotten wealth.  Works for me.  Generally the (multiple) flip/flops from Trump seem to end up in the direction I prefer.

3.  Any system would be fine with me if the foundation was built on cost controls.  Single-Payer provides the theoretical best leverage.  All I want is a strong poison-pill and fall-back option if political shifts bring us back to some fraction of the corruption we see in today's system.

4.  I think that unless every person who wishes to work can build a decent quality of life for themselves and their families, we'll not have a decent and stable place to live.  I would prefer to not have it mandated by the government, but am not necessarily against it.  As always, I want to see the plan _and_ the expiration and/or fall-back option(s) built in.

5.  The problem with funding is associated with corruption and influence peddling.  I no more with to see only rich people capable of holding office than I do only corporations controlling the representation (though the former can at least be more easily verified as Americans.)  Blind funding and transparency are tools which could be used.

These bullet points represent minor and trivial aspects of the appeal and hope of a Trump presidency to me.  I care mostly that he will expose, fight, and roll back the Globalist agendas.  That is where I, and I expect a lot of his more sophisticated supporters, will be holding his feet to the fire.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:53:22 PM

Care to elaborate on that?  I happen to think Russia and the US should be good friends and allies in many situations.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:58:53 PM

As far as I can tell that is actually the most sane solution. Don't pay the debt.

My idea would be to shut down the United States on July 3rd. Open the United States 2.0 on July 4th.

You would still have the same income from the income tax since the police and jails will be handed over to US2.0. But you would be under no obligations that US1.0 had. Thus, no more debt. That's $400 billion per year extra that I just saved you instead of paying interest on the debt.

Nobody would ever trust US2.0's credit anymore? No worries, US2.0 has a balanced budget amendment. No need to ever borrow again.

It would not only be creditors who lose confidence. Every foreign investor or similiar wouldnt trust the USA anymore.
A lot of ppl wont live with the idea that they could never see their money again.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:59:44 PM

Care to elaborate on that?  I happen to think Russia and the US should be good friends and allies in many situations.

Pretty much all right wing parties in europe especially in the eu get money support or similiar from russia.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:48:31 PM

Pretty much all right wing parties in europe especially in the eu get money support or similiar from russia.
Do you live over there?

So what does this mean?

In their parlance is "right wing" something fascist or nazi like, or simply fiscal conservative?
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:16:35 PM

We are talking about parties like the french FN and germanys AfD.

It is very logical for russia to support these political parties cause they are weakening the EU and making it harder to build a opposition to russias/putins dream of being a big empire again.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:48:02 PM

In other news, Trump is making noise about 'making deals' on U.S. government dept.  i.e., 'defaulting'.  Naturally the mainstream media is denouncing this as insane and unthinkable.

My opinion is that it is 'insane and unthinkable' to expect that the U.S. will NOT do exactly this at some point.  It's pretty much baked into the cake and everyone who is economically literate knows it.  The only question is how the haircuts will be distributed.  The Globalists already had this figured out, and the 'bail-in' plans are already on the books and you cannot turn around without bumping up against a story about a 'cashless society.'  The nervios tremours rippling through the system are associated with how much Trump will adhere to these plans.  For my part, I have hopes that he will totally up-end them.

I would implore our current leadership to take advantage of Trump's utterances to explain the impending collapse.  In this way we won't need a WW-III to get the banksters and politicians off the hook.

BTW, precious metals are up, and Bitcoin is basically the same thing as gold/silver/cash for the purposes of this type of default scenerio.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 08:41:31 PM

That is where I, and I expect a lot of his more sophisticated supporters, will be holding his feet to the fire.

Just a quiet word of warning. Trump very blatantly detests disloyalty. If you do hold his feet to the fire, it'd better be under the rubric of "You're not holding up your part of the deal."

And if you get back the reply that he is holding up his end of the deal, best if you think carefully about escalating. At some point in an escalation, The Donald will decide that he's well within his rights to "Fight Back."

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:47:42 PM

That is where I, and I expect a lot of his more sophisticated supporters, will be holding his feet to the fire.

Just a quiet word of warning. Trump very blatantly detests disloyalty. If you do hold his feet to the fire, it'd better be under the rubric of "You're not holding up your part of the deal."

And if you get back the reply that he is holding up his end of the deal, best if you think carefully about escalating. At some point in an escalation, The Donald will decide that he's well within his rights to "Fight Back."

Fair enough and very well.  Trump is smart enough to figure out the source of his power.  We should be always watchful to identify whether he seeks a substute.  And be ready to beat him to the punch if he does.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:58:43 PM

Fair enough and very well.  Trump is smart enough to figure out the source of his power.  We should be always watchful to identify whether he seeks a substute.  And be ready to beat him to the punch if he does.

He would NOT WANT us to have to say....

"You're FIRED!"
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 09:13:11 PM

He would NOT WANT us to have to say....

"You're FIRED!"

Well....all I'll say at this point is, for most of the primary Ted Cruz looked an awful lot like he was running for the slot of Trump's running mate. To be frank, I wonder if that really was his intention - until some of his supporters (donors?) held his own feet to the fire.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 10:37:27 PM

Cool
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:38:11 PM

No, God, he can't b/c he has Venereal Diseases.

He calls it his own "Private Vietnam."
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:10:57 PM

Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:35:53 PM

Saudi Prince Begs America to Reject Trump

A Saudi prince has urged Americans not to vote for Donald Trump in the upcoming general election.

Turki al-Faisal, who served as Saudia Arabia’s ambassador to the US from 2005 to 2007, spoke against the presumptive Republican nominee during a foreign policy dinner in Washington, DC on Thursday.

He blasted Trump’s proposal to ban Muslims from entering the US, which the billionaire first formulated in December last year before renewing his vow on Wednesday.

‘For the life of me, I cannot believe that a country like the United States can afford to have someone as president who simply says, “These people are not going to be allowed to come to the United States,”’ Turki said according to the Huffington Post.

‘It’s up to you, it’s not up to me,’ Turki added. ‘I just hope you, as American citizens, will make the right choice in November.’

Turki, who went to Georgetown University in Washington, DC, isn’t currently part of Saudia Arabia’s government but serves as the chairman of the King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, a cultural organization that conducts research in politics, sociology and heritage.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/07/saudi-prince-begs-america-reject-trump/

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: