Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 07:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417159 times)
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:29:57 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

yes , i completely agree with his prediction. it think everyone will use digital money related to bitcoin and bitcoin chain at least twenty years later..

He believes that because he's the CEO of a big Bitcoin company. You are just a regular Bitcoin user. If Bitcoin fail he'll lose his job, he can't say his exact thoughts and the chance of a failure.
I think Bitcoin will be a success story but replacing dollar soon? I don't think so.

Yeah, that's very true... and the fact that people think it will just be a sure thing is ludicrous.  If you think that the government and central banks are just going to readily "give up" the power (in the US's case, the petrodollar is a good example) to a bunch of nerds on computers, is insane.

If the economy fails and fiat is going down the tubes, where bitcoin is looking like the next thing that everyone has to move toward (or maybe gold); get ready for a major civil war battle between regular civilians who are trying to get away from the dollar and governments trying to stay in control of their people. 

BruceLee007

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:08:23 PM

i doubt that the replacement of dollar will happen soon but in my opinion it might really happen after a few decades, it would be a really interesting event i believe
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:14:02 PM

i doubt that the replacement of dollar will happen soon but in my opinion it might really happen after a few decades, it would be a really interesting event i believe

What you described is acceptable, but even after decades the possibilities of bitcoin to replace dollar is very very low. It can occur only if the grown countries will meet some economic recession.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Marketstar

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

SEO Expert & Online Marketer

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 04:16:35 PM

I honestly don't think it'll happen, certainly not in 15 years... In 100 years maybe?

Agree with you. May be it will not happen.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 04:24:17 PM

i dont think so.,it will be replace but not soon..will take along time to replace
for the future i think it can..but not really sure..
bitcoin just an internet money and dollar is a real money..
the main things in here not many people understand in btc especially our parents..hard to explain..

This is the most confused notion that people tend to have.  Dollars, Euro, and every other fiat system IS NOT REAL MONEY.

Central banks in every country creates what you think is real money out of thin air.  It's literally paper that doesn't represent anything of value, yet, it is supposed to be a value of whatever denomination it has on the note... which is backed up on the "trust of the government".

Money and the market systems is guided by the "invisible hand", which used to be backed by gold... now it is backed by nothing.  Every dollar you have in your wallet and bank account is essentially worthless in all actuality, just as of right now you need it to purchase real world goods and pay bills... but the hope is to be able to pay for goods, services, pay bills, pay taxes, etc with crypto (which will hopefully be backed by gold, as well as cold hard, fundamentally sound math.).
I love how everybody ignores this hard point. Definitely, this is important to know that the only reason that the paper money has value is because the general public perceives that it has value.

Being backed by gold, if every single person tried to cash out on the gold, there would not be enough. There's not enough gold to support all the printed money that is in the world. At the end of it, it's all worthless.

catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:27:42 PM

No, neither in this life, neither in the other life.  Grin
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:37:14 PM

Bitcoins will not replace the dollar, I am sure. It's too artificially stable and high in demand at this current time. You can't attack the foundation of a fake structure.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:35:23 AM

Still a big "NO" bitcoin can't replace dollar or any other fiat in this world.whether the value of bitcoin rise or fall, it can't replace dollar, others still look at bitcoin as a commodity..  Smiley

joinal

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:24:19 AM

Still a big "NO" bitcoin can't replace dollar or any other fiat in this world.whether the value of bitcoin rise or fall, it can't replace dollar, others still look at bitcoin as a commodity..  Smiley
Nothing is impossible.
If you're concerned about fluctuations. I think the dollar also has fluctuations, difference fluctuation of other currencies very small
but I believe over time, the fluctuation of bitcoin will shrink, trust me

diegz

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:08:03 AM

Nothing is impossible.
If you're concerned about fluctuations. I think the dollar also has fluctuations, difference fluctuation of other currencies very small
but I believe over time, the fluctuation of bitcoin will shrink, trust me

Hopefully fluctuations would be solve sooner, so that Bitcoins stand won't be shaky, so we could attract more and more people, that way, if we invite others to use bitcoin, we are starting to replace dollar little by little. but it would take time and maybe on the next generations who will use bitcoin Smiley

Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:12:33 AM

Yeah I just never think that Bitcoin can overtake fiat. People just love fiat too much.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:26:48 AM

Bitcoins will not replace the dollar, I am sure. It's too artificially stable and high in demand at this current time. You can't attack the foundation of a fake structure.

I would agree with you and now the bitcoin will not replace the fiat's status but in future I am sure Bitcoin have potential to replace fiat.  It's we can achieve through adaption and demand only.now more  business are getting committed with bitcoin.  Soon many adapter will adapt it. Then automatically chance will come to replace fiat with btc.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:25:17 AM

Yeah I just never think that Bitcoin can overtake fiat. People just love fiat too much.
The governments would also never allow their currency to be overtaken by another currency.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:47:12 AM

bitcoin will gradually take over the position of fiat money, it will be impossible to take over directly
Initially I love fiat, now I love bitcoin
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:58:08 AM

bitcoin will gradually take over the position of fiat money, it will be impossible to take over directly
You can think whatever you want. Bitcoin will not overtake fiat. It is just impossible.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
diegz

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:50:33 AM

You can think whatever you want. Bitcoin will not overtake fiat. It is just impossible.

Yeah, its really impossible, most of the people from their country won't accept it, as their fiat comes with history before it became their currency.  Smiley

delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:03:26 AM

I really doubt if bitcoin will replace dollars soon... because dollars was very popular in the world . For replace dollars it means replace position as the most currency in the world. Even still many people who don't know about bitcoin as well .

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

jonesT

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:15:24 AM

No. I think that in future every country will create its own digital currency.

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:18:04 AM

No. I think that in future every country will create its own digital currency.
yes, you're right, because bitcoin can only be used on the internet, and maximum performance can only be done on the internet
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:31:21 AM

I think nothing is impossible. I think of all the reasons bitcoin better than fiat, already widely described in this thread, many differences bitcoin by fiat, where btcoin better than fiat, realize it mate
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: