Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:38:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:48:38 AM

Josh, if you get sent to a colorado prison, then I'll visit you within two weeks.  Cool

hell rent a 'tour bus' and charge.....you'd prob get a lot of us to pony up for that trip (I can see it now about 9 tour buses...chugging down
the highway all chanting as they go down the road "any time now" and soon TM BFL....etc man what a bunch of happy drunks that would be....

(i get all misty eyed just thinking about such a 'road trip')

You would think there would be a chance for those impacted (scammed by BFL) would get to have a day in court before sentencing to make statements?

That be a good thing to get organized for.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 09:31:34 PM

You're going to have a long wait...

That's not very funny. You can do better than that. Oh, I turned you in to the SEC too for the pool and exchanging bitcoins into cash to pay for the cost of the mining equipment you sold. That made you an exchange you dumbass and they agreed. ROFL

Huh good thing that never happened then. I wonder if there is any penalty for lying to the Sec. Guess you will find out. He sure to let me know.

Sorry sweetheart but I copied the threads where you admitted that you couldn't refund people bitcoins when the price went up because you exchanged them to dollars. You're fucked. LOL

Lie much?

Quote from: BFL_StevenM
Currency exchanges can be confusing:

Quote Originally Posted by New_curency_exchange_user
Hello people,

My order number was number XXXX, and I asked for a refund. I only got XX BTC and not the XXX BTC I paid.

We get this kind of comment a lot, and here's the answer.

Butterfly Labs conducts all customer transactions in U.S. Dollars. For the convenience of customers, payment processors are used, namely PayPal and BitPay. The primary function of the payment processors is automatic conversion of other currencies to and from U.S. Dollars using the exchange rates that exist at the time of the transaction. A further function of BitPay enables display of the bitcoin (BTC) currency equivalent of the U.S. Dollar amount which applies to a specific order. We display this BTC value to customers during checkout, but only when BTC is selected by the customer. BitPay guarantees the quoted exchange value for fifteen minutes, as a courtesy and a hedge against short-term fluctuations of the exchange rate.

Taken from here. Make sure you check your own FAQ's before you call people liars.

You should take your own advice.  Not only are you bad at math, but apparently you are completely unable to distinguish between BFL and EMC. 

Make sure you check your own FACTS before you try to post and make yourself look like a complete idiot.  Although you've proven you're very good at that with just about every post your make.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

You should take your own advice.  Not only are you bad at math, but apparently you are completely unable to distinguish between BFL and EMC.  

Make sure you check your own FACTS before you try to post and make yourself look like a complete idiot.  Although you've proven you're very good at that with just about every post your make.

Okay, I got that one wrong. My mistake.
Pretty hard to tell the difference between what crap you're spouting about what nowadays... though it could technically be argued that it's still BFL though as they own EMC.

Oh what I posted was a fact. It was stated by BFL employees and is listed by the FAQ, which does contradict what you stated whilst under testimony. You might want to reign in your ego just a wee bit and maybe be just a wee bit humble. We've know for a FACT that you're a liar, especially as you've now stated categorically contrary information.... "Oh we're mining on test-in-a-box"/"We mine on EMC" and "Oh we convert all BTC immediately to USD"/25,000+ bitcoin in BFL wallets.

Oh and about the maths.... looks like my maths was pretty accurate after all. How do you like them apples?

Everytime I start to feel bad for the principals of BFL, you just come on in and open your mouth. Then I often think "What a bunch of twats. Deserve everything they get...". The Greeks called it hubris, and you suffer from it greatly...

Whilst I've got your attention, any idea when I'm actually going to get my RMA'd Jalapeno back? Or shall I just chalk that one up to theft?

You got THAT one wrong?  You get EVERY ONE wrong, come on... at least be a little accurate.

As for it being FACT that I'm a liar, I suggest you look up the definition of FACT. You apparently are unable to understand what a FACT is, just like you are unable to understand the difference between BFL and EMC.

As far as your Jalapeno goes, I suggest you contact the FTC and ask them.  If you are considering it stolen, then the FTC is the one you should be seeking compensation from.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:50:57 PM

That's it, point your finger and blame the FTC again, like a good sonny's boy.

Tell us again how this whole thing is a particularly persistent rumor, Josh. Of all the lies you've told, I think that's my favorite. Because it proves that you just can't keep yourself from lying, even when the truth comes in the form of a bunch of federal agents swooping in and shutting your crooked company down.

Tell it one more time, like you did on September 20th, when you already knew the truth, as you testified to the judge under oath - on September 25th - that Sonny told you about the raid on Friday (the 19th).

The damage had already been done, the truth was out there, but all you could do was lie, lie, lie. Like you did with the BitForce development timeline. Like you did with the Monarch development timeline. Like you did when you said BFL didn't mine on customer equipment.

Who's the liar, Josh? You or the monumental assholes on the Internet?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:22:02 PM

You got THAT one wrong?  You get EVERY ONE wrong, come on... at least be a little accurate.

How rich is that, coming from you.

As far as your Jalapeno goes, I suggest you contact the FTC and ask them.  If you are considering it stolen, then the FTC is the one you should be seeking compensation from.

Now who's "inaccurate" ? Its not the FTC that seized your funds, nor is it the FTC that limited operations. it was a federal court. Can you not tell the difference?
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:34:47 AM

He's too busy measuring his future cell. Inibia, you should go with more earth tone colors and maybe some modernist art. Then Bubba and you can have some romantic times snuggling. Going to be a long decade or so.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 07:08:06 AM

That would clearly be you.

Now who's "inaccurate" ? Its not the FTC that seized your funds, nor is it the FTC that limited operations. it was a federal court. Can you not tell the difference?

Which was... wait for it... instigated by the FTC.  Do you think Federal courts just randomly hand things out without prompting by some party?  Do you think the Federal court is overseeing operations?  What a moron...

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:22:32 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 10:04:02 PM by Xian01

I thought Butterfly Labs owned Eclipse Mining Consortium (EMC).

What's this "difference" argument ?

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.19.pdf
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.20.pdf

MS. MITHAL: This is the deposition of
Josh Zerlan in the matter of FTC versus Butterfly
Labs, Inc., Case No. 4-CV-815 WBCW, pending in the
Western District of Missouri

This one is great, where Josh's attorney advises him not to answer the question. I can't imagine why  Wink

... On Eclipse Mining Consortium Ownership

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:32:13 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 09:48:28 PM by Xian01

Which was... wait for it... instigated by the FTC.  Do you think Federal courts just randomly hand things out without prompting by some party?  Do you think the Federal court is overseeing operations?  What a moron...
That party was the hundreds (thousands?) of customers you pissed off.

http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

You brought this on yourself. You still refuse to acknowledge that, and are playing the victim card very well.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:03:35 AM

Which was... wait for it... instigated by the FTC.  Do you think Federal courts just randomly hand things out without prompting by some party?  Do you think the Federal court is overseeing operations?  What a moron...

IT doesnt matter who instigated it (and the FTC isnt exactly alone in filing suits). You are bound by court rulings, the funds held by a court appointed trustee. A court wouldnt decide that without proper reason. Or do you think the judge is a moron?
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:03:47 AM

BZZT - wrong answer. I wouldn't expect anything else of you at this point, of course. You're still convinced that you're right and everyone else as wrong, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Which is justified in your opinion, since in your mind, you're smarter and better than everyone else in the entire world. I'll bet you even have business cards (printed at BFL expense, natch) that say "Joshua R. Zerlan - SUPER GENIUS".

Your condition is clearly pathological. You can't move your lips or touch a keyboard without a lie coming out. You spending all that time in the BFL echo chamber with the other grifters, sociopaths, and criminals only amplified your worst megalomaniac tendencies.

As others have said, you really should get help before it's too late. But I suspect it already is.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:07:37 AM

You're still convinced that you're right and everyone else as wrong, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Which is justified in your opinion, since in your mind, you're smarter and better than everyone else in the entire world. I'll be you even have business cards (printed at BFL expense, natch) that say "Joshua R. Zerlan - SUPER GENIUS".

What else would you expect him to say now? If he makes any admission of guilt, it's prison time.

Even if he realises he's done wrong now, he has a vested interest in maintaining his previous thinking.

I've gone from disliking him to feeling sorry for him. I can't imagine what it takes to turn a person into the person he is now. He's also either terrified of what's going to happen to him or he's sociopathic - either way, this is someone's son. They must feel disappointed that this is what he's become.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:38:07 AM

What else would you expect him to say now? If he makes any admission of guilt, it's prison time.
If prison time is in the cards, judges are usually more sympathetic when the perps show remorse.

Even if he realises he's done wrong now, he has a vested interest in maintaining his previous thinking.
He has a vested interest in looking like an insanely compulsive liar? If you say so.

I've gone from disliking him to feeling sorry for him.
That's called Stockholm Syndrome. It's treatable if you work on it.

I can't imagine what it takes to turn a person into the person he is now. He's also either terrified of what's going to happen to him or he's sociopathic - either way, this is someone's son. They must feel disappointed that this is what he's become.
I'm sure Josh is still telling them that everything's hunky-dory. But I don't really care either way.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:50:30 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 04:30:07 PM by Xian01

You're still convinced that you're right and everyone else as wrong, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Which is justified in your opinion, since in your mind, you're smarter and better than everyone else in the entire world. I'll be you even have business cards (printed at BFL expense, natch) that say "Joshua R. Zerlan - SUPER GENIUS".
I've gone from disliking him to feeling sorry for him. I can't imagine what it takes to turn a person into the person he is now. He's also either terrified of what's going to happen to him or he's sociopathic - either way, this is someone's son. They must feel disappointed that this is what he's become.
Here is a test I would love to see Josh take and honestly answer.

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/surveys/2-compulsive-lying.html

Considering what we've learned of him over the last 10 years (see: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-ksd-2_03-cv-02287/content-detail.html) I'm a little bit curious about Josh Zerlan's childhood and formative years.

Further reading:
http://blog.chron.com/loveandrelationships/2013/01/liars-who-believe-their-lies-are-pathological/
http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2009/05/narcissism-pathological-lying-and.html
http://www.daviddrury.com/2013/01/30/10-ways-lies-grow-stage-6-they-tell-it-to-themselves/
http://www.today.com/health/believe-it-why-partial-truth-feels-worse-total-lie-2D12001361
http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

EDIT: Bonus reading: http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/lying-and-deception/confronting-a-partner/compulsive-lying/confront-cl.html
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:10:06 PM

LMAO, if they are dishonest with us, do you REALLY REALLY think they will be honest with themselves? Socipaths are deluded individuals with delusions of grandeur. THink about it. Buying a home with bitcoin, all with money made with hardware that was already bought by us. You can't expect them to be honest with themselves least of all. It would imply they are capable of feeling guilty. Something a sociopath CANNOT do.

bcp19 aka Bruce Peterson, took one of those tests and came up a 4 on it. Which is total BS considering his actions. All it states is he lies to himself as much as he lies to all of us. And clearly the BFL crew is on here trying to clear their name but hitting roadblocks every time something called facts actually hits them in the face.

Here is a test I would love to see Josh take and honestly answer.

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/surveys/2-compulsive-lying.html

Considering what we've learned of him over the last 10 years (see: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-ksd-2_03-cv-02287/content-detail.html) I'm a little bit curious about Josh Zerlan's childhood and formative years.

Further reading:
http://blog.chron.com/loveandrelationships/2013/01/liars-who-believe-their-lies-are-pathological/
http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2009/05/narcissism-pathological-lying-and.html
http://www.daviddrury.com/2013/01/30/10-ways-lies-grow-stage-6-they-tell-it-to-themselves/
http://www.today.com/health/believe-it-why-partial-truth-feels-worse-total-lie-2D12001361

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:09:21 PM

After having sat here and watched this whole "Event" for the last 2 years-ish and finally having gotten out of it right before FTC shuttered them, I've felt like I was part of some strange social experiment and was held hostage to it.  Stuck between customers like Xian exploding from stress and rage, BFL's *cough* customer support, and Josh hitting the hornet's nest with a sledge hammer.  It was just short of needing therapy.  Now that I'm out, my life is much happier and I only check btc to see where the price is, what the news is, and making sure my automated buy in is working as I intended.  It was like BFL/Josh was Gladus from portal, constantly shouting insults at customers as they navigate some physics defying maze that has no true purpose, except to pass the time while we all wait for the cake to be ready. Every now and then, I has sad about opportunities lost/stolen, so I head to youtube and listen to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

The parallels make me laugh, in a dark humor sad way, so I just laugh a little, shed a small tear and move on.  I hope it helps somebody else digest this horrible meal we've all been served.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 08:27:43 PM

IT doesnt matter who instigated it (and the FTC isnt exactly alone in filing suits). You are bound by court rulings, the funds held by a court appointed trustee. A court wouldnt decide that without proper reason. Or do you think the judge is a moron?

Like many sociopaths, he thinks he is the smartest person in the room and everyone else is a moron.  So of course he thinks that.  People like this can be pimp-slapped by reality again and again without ever learning a thing.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:40:49 PM

It was like BFL/Josh was GlaDOS from portal, constantly shouting insults at customers as they navigate some physics defying maze that has no true purpose, except to pass the time while we all wait for the cake to be ready.
Again, in retrospect, I apologize for losing my cool like I did. Please believe me when I say it really took a lot of bullshit to get me that riled up.

While I'm not proud of it, I do take some small measure of comfort knowing that my rage was justified, given how things turned out, and the evidence that has come to light since then.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:02:11 AM

Hey Josh remember me? You called me a Mental Giant for ousting your unethical business practices to my attorney general

When the civil suit goes through would you like to be rehired as a maid when I own BFL, always looking for a smart mouth janitor.

1echo

Activity: 280

scams hunter!

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:12:22 AM

whos suprised? not me!

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: