Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2024, 09:44:37 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006654 times)
andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:14:30 AM

Speaking of which, I've been seeing a Horus in the chat box on Poloniex. Surely not THE Horus?

The cheek of some people, I'd have thought he should be in hiding still.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:52:42 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/judge-grants-cryptsy-lawsuit-class-action-status/
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:26:18 PM

That says the judge ensured all Cryptsy account holders are covered by the class action. I assume that means it includes account holders outside the USA. Does that make it possible for account holders outside the USA to get money back from what the receiver has?

I'm not knowledgeable about USA law, but I thought only USA residents could join a USA class action.

According to the order, the certification covers all Cryptsy account holders as of 1st November, 2015. Specifically, it includes anyone "who held bitcoins, alternative cryptocurrencies or any other form of monies or currency" prior to that date on the exchange.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:33:11 PM

That says the judge ensured all Cryptsy account holders are covered by the class action. I assume that means it includes account holders outside the USA. Does that make it possible for account holders outside the USA to get money back from what the receiver has?

I'm not knowledgeable about USA law, but I thought only USA residents could join a USA class action.

According to the order, the certification covers all Cryptsy account holders as of 1st November, 2015. Specifically, it includes anyone "who held bitcoins, alternative cryptocurrencies or any other form of monies or currency" prior to that date on the exchange.

good thing is that the company and servers were USA based and that makes all clients US clients
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:13:06 AM

it should cover everyone and anyone that held funds in the exchange, regardless of location
drasius

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 06:25:57 AM

At last good news, I'm from Spain.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 06:38:51 PM

Speaking of the devil.. I mean that urine drenched hobo imposter... Roll Eyes

Hello Allen.. and/or BigVern and/or Horus/jdtmp4 .. Tongue  How is the weather in Maryland ? Roll Eyes

You must be logged into facebook in order to see the full page.
https://www.facebook.com/allen.washburn.1?fref=ts

See the dog tags ?

See the beggar ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=382038

Ok, so you doxxed that guy.. What is his cryptsy connection?

Allen is Crestington and/or muddafudda and/or mee/ meeh (the Anoncoin dev) and/or BigVern and/or (the original) Horus/ the crypto hobo jdtmp4.

thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:40:22 PM

Vernon SUV Infiniti QX 60,bought for $51.000 cash money from Cryptsy users is going to sale.

QX60 was found on Fort Lauderdale International Airport with parking ticket from 7th.July

http://cryptsyreceivership.com/v1/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Receiver%E2%80%99s-Motion-for-Authority-to-Liquidate-Infiniti-QX60.pdf

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 9007

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 01:57:54 AM

Vernon SUV Infiniti QX 60,bought for $51.000 cash money from Cryptsy users is going to sale.

QX60 was found on Fort Lauderdale International Airport with parking ticket from 7th.July

http://cryptsyreceivership.com/v1/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Receiver%E2%80%99s-Motion-for-Authority-to-Liquidate-Infiniti-QX60.pdf

Ouch, that's gonna be one expensive parking ticket. And "vehicle had previously been in an accident". Such careless.

P.S. thunderjet, you rock. Keep it up.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:30:01 AM

I was watching thunderjet's daily updates on the status of the wallets for days/weeks. I was there and know he did bring up some suspicious stuff and ask the mods tough questions. Every evening he was there to tell us how much BTC the users got in WDs from cryptsy and found large suspicious transactions.

I was not there for his ban or any of that but from what I recall his position on the subject the whole time was that the priv keys to the cold wallets were lost for some reason. Not really calling cryptsy a scam or defending it saying it was ok, but he definitely pointed out and kept us updated on how horrible the situation was with the wallets.

The information that I got from thunderjet in the troll box was one of my main indicators as to what to think about the whole situation for my trading decisions which thankfully led me to get all of my coin out before it goxxed.. Thank you TJet..

I guess what I am saying is that I vouch for this guy's word and believe he has been instrumental in keeping track of the FACTS of the situation as it unfolded among all the wild speculation.

Also if you guys are serious about tracking all this blockchain stuff I would work with this guy as much as possible as he has been on the case providing us good intel for a long time already.

Told ya...

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
albert12

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:14:33 PM

Hello everybody,
i didn't follow all the story after the cryptsy scandal, and i do still have 250000 Potcoin on cryptsy.
I do have the email withdrawal confirmation sent from cryptsy, and fews email with the support and got a short answer from it ask me the check the blog for current and future updates.
There is a way to get my potcoin? Do anybody got they coin from the law suit ?

Thank in advance for you reply and help.
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:35:42 PM

Hello everybody,
i didn't follow all the story after the cryptsy scandal, and i do still have 250000 Potcoin on cryptsy.
I do have the email withdrawal confirmation sent from cryptsy, and fews email with the support and got a short answer from it ask me the check the blog for current and future updates.
There is a way to get my potcoin? Do anybody got they coin from the law suit ?

Thank in advance for you reply and help.

IF they still exist, and IF you can prove they were still on the exchange... you have a shot or getting 5% back or so, but it will take years.
Bitskint

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:57:58 PM

I am in UK  and had ( have ? ) near 5 BTC out of my reach on Cryptsy.

Who exactly is doing the Lawsuit and how do I send in claim.

On a less or maybe more serious note , anyone have an
eccentric billionaire needing something worthwhile to squander their money on --

-- like helping out all us unfortunate types who had coins on Cryptsy --

We are the ones  who thought it was in safe hands -- and the others who
never checked the news etc.

hmmmm -- someone mention it to Clinton - she needs all the votes she can get
her hands on lol --  

//goes back outside with begging cup and sign reading " Bitskint - please help"

he he

I know I should not have chosen that name Sad

1M68XehjYww77DLgwW9rk2zRid8Z8B7uw7 <-- my new BTC addy since Cryptsy took everything
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:29:41 AM

Speaking of which, I've been seeing a Horus in the chat box on Poloniex. Surely not THE Horus?

The cheek of some people, I'd have thought he should be in hiding still.

YES as i have pointed out many times before.

Proof ?

769 Horus
2016-09-02 11:48:02   Xoblort, no I havent applied as mod, Im sure after cryptsy, polo wants to stay far away from me. Im a realist haha

Source:
http://www.polonibox.com/?username=Horus

I was just surprised he kept that name still and used it publicly so much.
At least he is one of them still showing his face around Crypto while the others hide.
Note:
He already was using that name on Poloniex long before the Cryptsy drama started to intensify.

@CrackHeadTech
Everybody thank the wackjob for saving Crypto.. he alone warned you all  Cheesy

I like Horus far more than HippieTech  Shocked  Grin

FUD first & ask questions later™
CC-Resurgam

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I Shall Rise Again From The Ashes Of My Failures.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:08:46 PM

hey guys, this post was made a year ago today xD crazy huh? since then it has turned away from the lawsuit into finding the best way to ruin the guys life haha. its always entertaining to read up on.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄                  ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄            ▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░▌        ▐░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌░▌     ▐░▐░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌▐░▌ ▐░▌▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌ ▐░▐░▌  ▐░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌   ▐░▌    ▐░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌     ▀      ▐░▌
▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌                                        ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
  ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀                  ▀    ▀                 ▀
     ▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1126

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:48:20 AM

Thanks for noting that.

Yeah, another sad anniversary for Crypto.

If the GAWMiners Lawsuit was able to make it to court, then surely Cryptsy will have its day in court too.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 01:24:06 AM

Thanks for noting that.

Yeah, another sad anniversary for Crypto.

If the GAWMiners Lawsuit was able to make it to court, then surely Cryptsy will have its day in court too.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trendon-shavers-sentenced-in-first-bitcoin-securities-fraud-case-1469141141

NEW YORK—A Texas man who carried out what authorities said was the first federal bitcoin securities fraud to be prosecuted was sentenced on Thursday to 18 months in prison.

Trendon Shavers, 33 years old, was sentenced in Manhattan federal court by Judge Lewis A. Kaplan, who said Mr. Shavers committed a serious crime but had earned leniency through the honest work he has done since his 2014 arrest. Federal sentencing guidelines had called for a prison term of nearly three years.

The judge also ordered $1.2 million, the amount lost by 48 investors, to be forfeited and an equal amount of restitution.

He said Mr. Shavers, of Prosper, Texas, carried out a “classic Ponzi scheme” after offering potential investors high interest rates to turn over bitcoins, a virtual currency that operates outside government regulation. Authorities say that at the peak of the scheme Mr. Shavers possessed about 7% of all bitcoins in public circulation.

Mr. Shavers told the judge he “royally messed up.”

“I don’t think this is something I’ll ever fully be able to get over, but I’m going to try to make things right,” Mr. Shavers said.

According to court documents, Mr. Shavers used about $220,000 in bitcoins and money from investors to cover his rent, car payments, groceries and other family expenses.

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a release that Mr. Shavers promised investors “spectacular returns and personal guarantees, when all he was really doing was paying back old investors with new investors’ bitcoins.”

“Applying a modern spin to an age-old fraud, Trendon Shavers used a bitcoin business to run a classic Ponzi scheme,” he said.

Mr. Shavers pleaded guilty to one count of securities fraud in September.

I don't know what the federal sentencing guidelines are for what Paul Vernon did, but rest assured it'll be reduced IF they ever dab his ass here in the US. I'm sure that whatever scant sentence Paul receives he'll be able to do such standing on his head given that he's an ex Army dude once servicing 3-, 4- and 5-Star Army Generals at Ft Hood in Texas while he and SLok administered Library of Thumbs since 1997.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 01:41:54 AM

^^^ And if that isn't sad enough, http://bitcoinist.net/industry-report-bitfinex-gets-weirder/

Following a $72 million dollar hack that occurred just a few days ago, news surrounding Hong Kong-based bitcoin exchange Bitfinex is getting mysterious. The company’s elusive CEO Raphael Nicolle has allegedly been part of several Ponzi schemes — some of which he funded, and one he may have tried to start on his own.

Bitfinex

Since 2012, Nicolle has purportedly backed several plans by bitcoin schemer Trendon Shavers, who was recently sentenced to 18 months in prison for questionable digital currency tactics. Many are now wondering if perhaps Nicolle and his fellow staff members at Bitfinex may have been involved in the hack themselves, as several staff profiles have ultimately disappeared or been deleted. It is unclear if an investigation has been launched.

In the meantime, the alleged hacker behind the Bitfinex attack is announcing a special giveaway of approximately 1,000 bitcoins. Individuals are warned that the situation wreaks of money-laundering, and are respectively being told to steer clear.

BITCOIN’S FUNCTIONS
Continuing the long war over what Bitcoin is and what it should be, both sides are being witnessed at different ends of the globe. In Florida, for example, a judge has recently declared that bitcoin is “not real money,” and therefore not subject to licensing requirements. The decision stems from a money-laundering case against Michel Espinoza, who was arrested for attempting to sell $1,500 in bitcoins to an undercover agent. The case has ultimately been dismissed.

4,000 miles away, the UK Gambling Commission has stated both bitcoin and digital currencies alike to be “cash” that licensees can accept as payment methods. Acceptance will begin on gambling platforms October 31, and usage throughout the country is expected to increase tenfold.

COLBITEX
Colombia is saying goodbye to its first digital currency exchange. Colbitex, which opened its doors for business only two months ago, is ceasing its operations following complaints from Colombian authorities.

“Bitcoin is a non-backed asset. It has not been recognized as a legal currency in Colombia,” one such complaint states. “None of the exchanges or transactional services related to Bitcoin are properly regulated by Colombian laws.”

The majority of financial regulators in Latin America see bitcoin as lacking security and posing threats to personal privacy.

If I'm not mistaken - correct me if I'm wrong - but Paul Vernon's Crypsy was located in Florida, ergo the bitcoins and hundreds of altcoins traded on the now defunct exchange weren't real money.

That said, Paul you can come home now to see your kids that you once so quickly abandoned.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 9007

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 01:46:46 AM

I see what you're trying to do here Gleb.

Paul, don't fall for this. Go to the nearest North Korean embassy and ask for asylum. I'm sure Kim-whatshisname will keep your bitcoins safe.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:09:29 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2016, 08:42:07 AM by Spoetnik

And the last 3/4 of us were the main people here talking all along..
3 of us were threatened with lawsuits by Horus and Jshock in case you all forgot for defamation
when we called these cunts out hard.
We kept saying it for many months long BEFORE they admitted they were hacked.

Out to get him and ruin his life ?
That cunt ruined other people lives by saying he was hacked and had no one to turn to
while simultaneously calling Gleb and myself liars FUD'ing and Trolling.

ONLY to admit we were 100% correct after the fact..
and after YOU ALL joined in with us and flipped sides from ass kissing Cryptsy like fucking cheerleaders.
..even HippieTech was one of the few who spoke up about these cunts far in advance.
Cryptsy reeked for a long LOOOONG time ..waaay the fuck before 90% of you stopped crying FUD.

I love how all the crowd joins in later and acts like they were here with us all along later.
Gimme a fucking break  Roll Eyes

90% of the scene was blowing Paul Vernon & friends until he closed the damn doors on you idiots.
Some were still blowing him afterwards (such as saying hey lets privately fund a Cryptsy come back)

And 100 pages back when Cryptsy threatened us with lawsuits and on various Crypto news sites
i also got some from them before when i mentioned their points hacked they tried to cover up and bullshit about.

Yup.. a hack before the hack on the "never hacked" Shocked  Cheesy

Read the other page.. it mentions a class-action lawsuit (as the topic started about)
Yes it come full circle.

Oh and if they had no idea who to report the hack to might i remind you all they were..
Freezing user accounts then making up excuses why then collecting the users data and handing it to the US Fed's.. so.. you'd think if they were handing your address and Picture ID scans to the FBI etc they would have mentioned oh hey we been hacked for 12 million in coins.. but i guess they didn't because Bitcoin is not real money subject to Florida Money Laundering laws LOL
(It is and still is)
See LocalBitcoins Florida FBI arrests for example or why exchanges collect your Picture ID.
..all for the same exact legal reason.

A few of us are vindicated and proven right as we warned you all and were mouthed off.
Most of you out there were hard at work calling us lying Trolls FUD'ing NON STOP across the web.
Only to flip flop and run here and slide into the crowd as though you were here all long with us.

@JSHock / Horus etc
Want me to post those logs of the various time you threatened to sue me ?
I DO have them saved of course and misc logs going back 3 years.
Where is your big mouth now assholes ?
Where is my lawsuit for defamation cunts ?
I am STILL waiting pricks.  Cool

1 year anniversary ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: