Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:43:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631783 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:43:09 PM

Buying a house was a good decision. No matter if bitcoin continues to up and up who knows where, a house is essential and I would have done the same.

Right now the bitcoin chart looks like a "mother of all bubbles". It needs a correction.

Looks like beginning of a standard S curve to me... The part where we go upwards rapidly....
There will be a correction, but nobody knows if it will be now or @  $11k

One thing I've learned over the years is, don't miss the train to the next level...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:05:34 PM

I knew about Bitcoin since 2011 and started getting really involved in late 2013.

I was convinced that I was a late adopter. Even though the mood in the forums was mostly optimistic in 2014, I felt sad knowing that I knew about Bitcoin back when it was in the single digits and didn't act on it.

I forgot about Bitcoin in 2015 as college studies got in the way. But those coins... I still kept them. I also had quite a few in alts too which I never sold.

Now I'm selling 2/3rds of my entire stash and will be buying a house (fully paid, no mortgage) thanks to Bitcoin.

And of course, I will be putting the money that would otherwise go into rent payments back into Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

Because Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are the future of money. It is truly a technology that will span generations.

Thank you Bitcoin. Smiley

Wow, awesome to hear that. Everyone always thinks that they are late to enter Bitcoin, but we still don't know what the future holds. Even though the price seems high now, we could potentially still be in the early phases as Bitcoin still hasn't really entered mainstream yet.

I still regret not getting in as early as I could have but I am glad I got involved when I did because I definitely see Bitcoin becoming more and more useful as time progresses. I just hope we can resolve issues such as confirmation times and high fees to prevent alternative solutions from replacing Bitcoin.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 04:27:06 PM

I knew about Bitcoin since 2011 and started getting really involved in late 2013.

I was convinced that I was a late adopter. Even though the mood in the forums was mostly optimistic in 2014, I felt sad knowing that I knew about Bitcoin back when it was in the single digits and didn't act on it.

I forgot about Bitcoin in 2015 as college studies got in the way. But those coins... I still kept them. I also had quite a few in alts too which I never sold.

Now I'm selling 2/3rds of my entire stash and will be buying a house (fully paid, no mortgage) thanks to Bitcoin.

And of course, I will be putting the money that would otherwise go into rent payments back into Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

Because Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are the future of money. It is truly a technology that will span generations.

Thank you Bitcoin. Smiley

Wow, awesome to hear that. Everyone always thinks that they are late to enter Bitcoin, but we still don't know what the future holds. Even though the price seems high now, we could potentially still be in the early phases as Bitcoin still hasn't really entered mainstream yet.

I still regret not getting in as early as I could have but I am glad I got involved when I did because I definitely see Bitcoin becoming more and more useful as time progresses. I just hope we can resolve issues such as confirmation times and high fees to prevent alternative solutions from replacing Bitcoin.

This is a great journey and result for you and I wish to congratulate you. We are currently renting with my Wife and she always tells me that one day Bitcoin will help us live a sustainable lifestyle and rent free and she is working very hard towards this goal. I am trying to help her dream to come true in my humble way as her dream has become mine also.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:35:15 PM

I don't know about being gentleman or elite but we can accept with complete dignity that we are technology superiors. In the era when everything is turing high-tech, why not the most important aspect of human life ie. money. Bitcoin has provided new grounds to the definition of money and early adaptors have made the well-deserving profits till now which gonna multiply more in coming years!!
Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:01:50 PM

Buying a house was a good decision. No matter if bitcoin continues to up and up who knows where, a house is essential and I would have done the same.

Right now the bitcoin chart looks like a "mother of all bubbles". It needs a correction.

Looks like beginning of a standard S curve to me... The part where we go upwards rapidly....
There will be a correction, but nobody knows if it will be now or @  $11k

One thing I've learned over the years is, don't miss the train to the next level...

I agree. Bought some when was 1200 high a few years ago...then suffered the uncertainty/pain of when it later crashed down below 200...but HODLERS so far ultimately win...so good time to buy is now, whatever happens

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
Flanagan

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:07:01 PM

I don't know about being gentleman or elite but we can accept with complete dignity that we are technology superiors. In the era when everything is turing high-tech, why not the most important aspect of human life ie. money. Bitcoin has provided new grounds to the definition of money and early adaptors have made the well-deserving profits till now which gonna multiply more in coming years!!

Well, just look back at the price exactly one year ago. He who bought at around $436 back then would have his capital now x4,2
Imagine those who bought $10K, nevermind those who bought $100k...much much wealthier

Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:10:09 PM

There will be a correction, but nobody knows if it will be now or @  $11k

I agree. Bought some when was 1200 high a few years ago...then suffered the uncertainty/pain of when it later crashed down below 200...but HODLERS so far ultimately win...so good time to buy is now, whatever happens

that is true but it is always best to not invest after a pump and the first $1200 was obviously a fake rise and a big bubble. the bottom was $300 and it took a long time and price even went lower than that to $200.

i am afraid this time it may be a tiny bit similar situation. $1800-$1900 is a mini bubble. and it may pop and price can go down to $1500 again.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Mr.Zagato

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:31:10 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

The very first thread of this discussion forum was posted 6 years ago... Today, with the BTC soaring above 1'800+ and still more great stuff to come, the title of this thread, referring to "the new wealthy elite", couldn't be more true, gentlemen.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:22:29 PM

It's a huge party!!
...for those who handled their opportunities in a successful manner.
Some of us are not doing that great, but congrats to the winners.  Smiley

tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 07:08:04 PM

Wow! It is interesting to see people who really had high hopes for bitcoin since 2011 and I'm sure they areally reaping the benefits now. Who would have known in 2011 till date, bitcoin would be as high in value as this. Kudos to you guys and op, I really wish I had your kind of spirit back then.
Flanagan

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:07:13 AM

March 27th 2017 : $1000
May 21st 2017 (today): $2040

The elite is growing quickly Roll Eyes

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:11:06 PM

This thread title used to seem so distant for a guy that started in 2014. 

But now, I'm feeling it man...  Grin

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:23:40 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 12:36:31 AM by QuestionAuthority

I couldn't think of a better place to post this and I think it's fitting here. I just sold my stash of 6 years at $2,200. I just couldn't stand to wait any longer and I'm not greedy. Bitcoin definitely made me rich (not really rich elite but rich enough for me). Everything I own is paid off (houses, cars, Horizon 350 Four Winns boat - everything). I have everything I want and more. Hookers and beer for the rest of my life.

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it's not illegal to sell your coins.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:29:03 PM

I couldn't think of a better place to post this and I think it's fitting here. I just sold my stash of 6 years at $2,200. 

Congratulations. Livin' the dream.
Rockstar Drummer

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:32:08 PM

I couldn't think of a better place to post this and I think it's fitting here. I just sold my stash of 6 years at $2,200. I just couldn't stand to wait any longer and I'm not greedy. Bitcoin definitely made me rich (not really rich elite but rich enough for me). Everything I own is paid off (houses, cars, Horizon 350 Four Winns boat - everything). I have everything I want and more. Hookers and beer for the rest of my life.

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it not illegal to sell your coins.

Makes me wanna write a song for ya!

Cheers brah!
Omegasun

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:34:06 AM

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it not illegal to sell your coins.

Cheers brah!

That's nice to hear there are lots of successful bitcoiners now and its all because we got a chance to knew bitcoin earlier . Soon I hope I'll be able to have things bought from bitcoin. Will work hard for it.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:50:26 AM

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it's not illegal to sell your coins.

Yeah.. right.. we have seen you around with your selling coins assertions a lot - christmas blah blah blah.. and now, supposedly the big cashing out.

Good of you to cash out on an uptrend, but seems a bit premature to sell a large portion of your holdings... and also, what else are you going to buy into?  oh?  stocks and bonds and real estate?  Bitcoin is likely going to continue to be a decent long term investment, and possibly better than other investments that you have, so it is good to keep some percentage in bitcoin, even if you might have some other asset classes in which you are more bullish...

Let's say 1% in bitcoin or 5% in bitcoin or 10%..

I invested a bit more than 10% in bitcoin in comparison with fiat related investments; however, my bitcoin investment is now more than 40% of my allocation - based on appreciation of bitcoin.. sure it could be wise of me to reallocate to 10% or some other moderate stance - but cashing out completely seems either foolish or you are merely a bank troll trying to get others to sell their coins.... which you have done various times before

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:56:41 AM

Cheers brah!

That's nice to hear there are lots of successful bitcoiners now and its all because we got a chance to knew bitcoin earlier . Soon I hope I'll be able to have things bought from bitcoin. Will work hard for it.

Congratulations man, that is really great, and you make these guys really inspired to invest their money on bitcoin. I just hope we are just successful as you are.
CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 01:27:07 AM

Congrats, that's awesome! I've still got a long ways to go, but my $100 investment back in the day is REALLY paying off right now! Any chance you'd care to share how much you sold and/or how much you bought it for?

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:49:24 AM

Yeah.. right.. we have seen you around with your selling coins assertions a lot - christmas blah blah blah.. and now, supposedly the big cashing out.

Good of you to cash out on an uptrend, but seems a bit premature to sell a large portion of your holdings... and also, what else are you going to buy into?  oh?  stocks and bonds and real estate?  Bitcoin is likely going to continue to be a decent long term investment, and possibly better than other investments that you have, so it is good to keep some percentage in bitcoin, even if you might have some other asset classes in which you are more bullish...

Let's say 1% in bitcoin or 5% in bitcoin or 10%..

I invested a bit more than 10% in bitcoin in comparison with fiat related investments; however, my bitcoin investment is now more than 40% of my allocation - based on appreciation of bitcoin.. sure it could be wise of me to reallocate to 10% or some other moderate stance - but cashing out completely seems either foolish or you are merely a bank troll trying to get others to sell their coins.... which you have done various times before

No sweetheart, I'm old and that means I'm done. Ever since I turned 60 I go to my annual checkup and bite my nails waiting for the doctor to come in and tell me the bad news. So far the worst thing he's said is that I have type 2 diabetes. Before he tells me I have the big C I'm gonna relax, drink beer and fish. You can have fun fucking with people on this forum and waiting 20 years to sell your coin but I'm not going to.

Have you ever thought about when you were going to sell? How much is enough? $5k each, $10k each, $100k each?  I have though about it a lot lately and I'm not getting any younger. I can't afford to wait 20 years because I'll be joining Hal Finney in cryo-freeze long before that. Sell a few and enjoy life before it's too late.

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: