Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:27:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631784 times)
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:58:52 PM

I am not sure if the pioneers would ever be the new wealthy elite. Because being so requires a lot than just money. And if we have like 10 btc the elite  I am surely that they have 100 of it. So its not that easy to shift the power withing a few years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:10:31 PM

Who bought in 2011 and still post on this forum? Probably no one.

Ha. Hahah. Hahahahahahhhaaaaa.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:17:47 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

It is really curious that OP is not a forum member any more. He probably became so wealthy that wanted to delete any trace of his identity. It is a pity that the article he was quoting has also disappeared.

Anyway, he was a visionary. We are going to reach $10.000 soon probably, maybe even this year. It is not 100% sure but if it happened none of us would be surprised.

The question is, will people starting to get into bitcoin nowadays be also part of the new wealthy elite in the future? It seems unlikely future returns will be as high as past ones in terms of %.

Yes, you might be right percentage wise things wouldn't be the same as before because for bitcoin to rise by 800% in less than a year is incredible and i don't think it will again easily even though there is a general crave for bitcoins globally.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:09:46 AM

Maybe that is why you have been acting so disgruntled, recently, jbreher?  It's the junoreactor theory of having had sold too many coins at a lower price?   

Remember folks, when in doubt HODL, and if you want to sell some coins, don't sell too many.   Wink

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:57:27 AM

Maybe that is why you have been acting so disgruntled, recently, jbreher?  It's the junoreactor theory of having had sold too many coins at a lower price?   

Remember folks, when in doubt HODL, and if you want to sell some coins, don't sell too many.   Wink

Not at all. I was laughing because I know for a fact -- i.e. personal experience -- that junoreactor's assumption was faulty.

After all we've shared, I would think you would know this about me, JJG.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:12:44 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

It is really curious that OP is not a forum member any more. He probably became so wealthy that wanted to delete any trace of his identity. It is a pity that the article he was quoting has also disappeared.

Anyway, he was a visionary. We are going to reach $10.000 soon probably, maybe even this year. It is not 100% sure but if it happened none of us would be surprised.

The question is, will people starting to get into bitcoin nowadays be also part of the new wealthy elite in the future? It seems unlikely future returns will be as high as past ones in terms of %.

Yes, you might be right percentage wise things wouldn't be the same as before because for bitcoin to rise by 800% in less than a year is incredible and i don't think it will again easily even though there is a general crave for bitcoins globally.

Here's the article. http://themonetaryfuture.blogspot.se/2011/06/bitcoin-is-economic-singularity.html

The OP was named Atlas and was banned from the forum a long time ago due to too much trolling, The name disappeared at the same time and was replaced with Anonymous.

Demokrati: Två vargar och ett lamm röstar om lunchmenyn.      Democracy: Two wolfes and a lamb votes about the lunch menu.
Frihet: Ett väl beväpnat lamm opponerar sig mot omröstningen.  Freedom: A well armed lamb opposes the outcome.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:20:51 AM

Okk... please don't read my post too literally  Wink but you know what I meant I am sure, and big kudos to you, wish I was there earlier. But again perhaps in ten years time many will say wish I was there back in 2017, everything is relative.
Dannaey

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:32:54 AM

Even though I haven't much of Bitcoin here in my wallet, but I truly believe and grateful that we in our country today are the pioneers of Bitcoin users. If you are going to look back the time, those who sold their Bitcoins back then because they lose faith are now regretting why they even sold their Bitcoin and not hold them. But it is never too late for us. There are still left Bitcoins to be mined. We still have a chance. One day we all are the new generation of elite. Smiley

heleng05

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:46:28 AM

I thought it was a bad idea to put my money to make it bitcoin, then I see the potential growth that can happen in bitcoin in every single day. And I was wrong and now I put all my money to make grow, so I agree that we  are the new wealthy elite.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:28:04 AM

Not at all. I was laughing because I know for a fact -- i.e. personal experience -- that junoreactor's assumption was faulty.

After all we've shared, I would think you would know this about me, JJG.

I am kind of busting your bear balls, and perhaps even jumping on the "beat up jbreher" gravy train - for your ongoing pumping of BTC forks.   So in that regards, you likely deserve a bit of beating up.   Wink

Yes, on a more personal level, I understand that you have been consistently proclaiming to hold a large majority of your already previously acquired BTC stash, so in that respect, you do not really sell your BTC, contrary to the likely deficient junoreactor theory of what long term BTCers.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
tempebacem

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:19:18 PM

Are you telling me that those starving people in Africa can't put away $10 a month for bitcoin? they have access to internet cafes and can easily open an account on some kind of future exchange. in a few hears, there will probably be cards or paper wallets issued with the private keys, that can then be redeemed when necessary. maybe that's the reason why so many in the third world are poor and need access to banking services -- to promote savings and investment habits.

i think what we need are PR people in places like africa that can visit communities and teach the locals about the benefits of bitcoin and how it can help them. for just $10 a month, they can watch their investment grow; this can save them from poverty.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:58:16 PM

I only sell when I need to have some money for my life, because sometimes, the salary I earned from other fields and my primary job not enough for my life and family. Of course, I understand the benefit of holding Bitcoin for long term, but in my opinion, we need to keep safe our capital while we are holding it within a little of good reason and supporters.
Mabhel19

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:03:32 PM

Yes we are the new elite gentlemen  because at the young age many gentlemen can earn money and can support their atudiea by this.
sathvik112

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:09:44 PM

While I share the belief that bitcoin or something very like it will play a major role in the future, I think the road there is going to be a lot rougher.

I imagine we will see a huge boom then a bust, after that those who stick around will build the meaning full economy that will allow bitcoin or its successor to dominate.

Imaginations are easy and we can make many but the face is we have to understand the past records by analyzing the price trend of bitcoin regarding profits this clearly proves practically how many users got benefited with bitcoin. I do accept i am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.
People not invested cannot enjoy but who invested understands we make wealth with bitcoin as a gentlemen.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:15:43 AM

I only sell when I need to have some money for my life, because sometimes, the salary I earned from other fields and my primary job not enough for my life and family. Of course, I understand the benefit of holding Bitcoin for long term, but in my opinion, we need to keep safe our capital while we are holding it within a little of good reason and supporters.

Of course, you should not be investing in bitcoin in such a way that you would be forced to sell at a time that is not of your own choosing.  that is why frequently it is good to sell a little bit as the price goes up but also to make sure that you are clear about your cashflow for several months in advance in order that you are not having to make emergency withdrawals into your bitcoin stash - which by definition an "emergency" withdrawal would not be a time of your own choosing, but instead caused by an outside force that is likely not correlated with bitcoin's price.

Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:37:44 PM

Of course, you should not be investing in bitcoin in such a way that you would be forced to sell at a time that is not of your own choosing.  that is why frequently it is good to sell a little bit as the price goes up but also to make sure that you are clear about your cashflow for several months in advance in order that you are not having to make emergency withdrawals into your bitcoin stash - which by definition an "emergency" withdrawal would not be a time of your own choosing, but instead caused by an outside force that is likely not correlated with bitcoin's price.
Sometimes, the cryptocurrency market and the price of Bitcoin can be quiet and stabilize. Sold a little amount of Bitcoin at high price can help you minimize the risk and have money for other fields or your life. There's no reason to sell all amount in once, split to more times and enjoy the profits, that's all.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████