Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:18:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 965804 times)
binford

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:30:53 PM

So I tried the Trezor with the Electrum 2.0 wallet today and it worked like a charm. Glad to see another wallet service that has implemented the Trezor successfully. I'd like to see if you guys could make any progress with getting Mycelium or Wallet32 to implement it next Cheesy

curb your enthusiasm : ) there are a few issues if you play with electrum long enough. p.ex. it hangs when creating new wallet (like one with password, one without password), wait at least the bugfix release 2.0.1 is out. but yes, it looks very good and they did great job.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

So I tried the Trezor with the Electrum 2.0 wallet today and it worked like a charm. Glad to see another wallet service that has implemented the Trezor successfully. I'd like to see if you guys could make any progress with getting Mycelium or Wallet32 to implement it next Cheesy

curb your enthusiasm : ) there are a few issues if you play with electrum long enough. p.ex. it hangs when creating new wallet (like one with password, one without password), wait at least the bugfix release 2.0.1 is out. but yes, it looks very good and they did great job.

I've been using electrum development version from git for about half a year now with trezor. I only once ran into a serious issue and that has been fixed a long time ago.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
binford

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:33:30 PM

So I tried the Trezor with the Electrum 2.0 wallet today and it worked like a charm. ...

I've been using electrum development version from git for about half a year now with trezor. I only once ran into a serious issue and that has been fixed a long time ago.

on mac os it hangs when creating new wallet, passphrase with diacritic derives different keys than mytrezor.com just to mention two issues I've seen in the github issue list. both might be resolved in 2.0.1 but both of them are also kind of serious : )
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:35:43 AM

Yes, FYI, here's the announcement thread for everyone: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973768.0
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:13:07 PM

Is the public key protected by PIN or confirmation preventing rogue websites from stealing it? Having your public key leaked would link all your transactions for the life of the seed.

This is actually a good point in the context of Trezor Bridge. It's not an issue with the extension because you have to manually allow it to run on every website that tries to use it. With Bridge though, it's a tiny web server that is potentially always running on your computer, allowing anyone to connect. Perhaps Trezor Bridge should require the PIN to be entered before a new connection can be made?
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:12:45 AM

I've been using Electrum with my trezor and have had no problems over the past few days. I can tell you that when creating a new account on your trezor via electrum that it requires 2 confirmations on the first payment address before it creates the extra public addresses (I'm not sure why it has to do this) but that really hasn't been an issue.

Molecular I'll send those wallet developers a message about adding trezor to their wallets. But out of curiosity since it's your product couldn't you just make a pull request for the wallets, implement it yourself and serve it back to them on a silver platter? I know that means extra programming for you guys but it seems if the trezor is useable on more and more platforms that it would eventually increase your sales as well as keeping your customers very happy Cheesy

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:17:13 AM

I've been using Electrum with my trezor and have had no problems over the past few days. I can tell you that when creating a new account on your trezor via electrum that it requires 2 confirmations on the first payment address before it creates the extra public addresses (I'm not sure why it has to do this) but that really hasn't been an issue.

Molecular I'll send those wallet developers a message about adding trezor to their wallets. But out of curiosity since it's your product couldn't you just make a pull request for the wallets, implement it yourself and serve it back to them on a silver platter? I know that means extra programming for you guys but it seems if the trezor is useable on more and more platforms that it would eventually increase your sales as well as keeping your customers very happy Cheesy

I'm looking for something to replace mytrezor.com and installed electrum.  However when I installed it (and the trezor python module), it asked for my trezor seed. I understand this has the private seed.  This would mean I'm revealing the private keys to electrum.  I simply want a watch-only style wallet on my pc, but that uses trezor to sign tx.

Can electrum do this?  Any other wallets that do this?

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:29:11 AM

I'm looking for something to replace mytrezor.com and installed electrum.  However when I installed it (and the trezor python module), it asked for my trezor seed. I understand this has the private seed.  This would mean I'm revealing the private keys to electrum.  I simply want a watch-only style wallet on my pc, but that uses trezor to sign tx.

It asked for your seed because you chose "restore wallet" instead of "new wallet." Restore is to get coins from lost or damaged Trezor which needs the seed. Choose new and it will connect to Trezor as you want. Or you can just cancel the restore without inputting seed, open the created wallet file and it will connect to Trezor to finish installing that wallet. It does work without inputting the seed, which you don't want to do obviously.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:12:33 PM

It asked for your seed because you chose "restore wallet" instead of "new wallet." Restore is to get coins from lost or damaged Trezor which needs the seed. Choose new and it will connect to Trezor as you want. Or you can just cancel the restore without inputting seed, open the created wallet file and it will connect to Trezor to finish installing that wallet. It does work without inputting the seed, which you don't want to do obviously.

Well restore wallet seemed most appropriate as the trezor has a wallet on (with funds on it).  I just want to confirm it's fine to go ahead as you specify given that I already have funds on the trezor wallet.

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:14:40 PM

Well restore wallet seemed most appropriate as the trezor has a wallet on (with funds on it).  I just want to confirm it's fine to go ahead as you specify given that I already have funds on the trezor wallet.

Yes, no problem. It does not write the seed to the Trezor. Just gets the master public key to generate addresses to get balances.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
N[e]wBie

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:20:26 AM

any guide on how to set up a 'dummy' wallet, from a trezor that already has a non-PW protected wallet?

also, electrum 2.0.2 doesnt seem to have an option for a hardware wallet any longer, how to do this? Thanks

BTC: 1ESZr887vTZqYtDuwwspn1jBaoRU9jMcv1
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:42:14 AM

Hey devs, is the trezor support for Darkcoin out? If not when can we expect it?

Thanks
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:30:09 AM

Hi

I want to buy Trezor. Becouse it´s awesome.
It only stores BTC? (is here any HW wallet for altcoin?)
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:09:21 PM

Hi

The Trezor is capable of storing altcoin wallets if I remember correctly, but it just needs to be supported by altcoins devs for it to function. I don't think many altcoins support the Trezor, if any do at all though.
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:17:20 PM

Hi

The Trezor is capable of storing altcoin wallets if I remember correctly, but it just needs to be supported by altcoins devs for it to function. I don't think many altcoins support the Trezor, if any do at all though.

In the Trezor log files it shows the coins it supports already. Just need developers to create wallets for them.

"coins"
{"address_type":"0","address_type_p2sh":"5","coin_name":"Bitcoin","coin_shortcut":"BTC","maxfee_kb":"10000"}
{"address_type":"111","address_type_p2sh":"196","coin_name":"Testnet","coin_shortcut":"TEST","maxfee_kb":"10000000"}
{"address_type":"52","address_type_p2sh":"5","coin_name":"Namecoin","coin_shortcut":"NMC","maxfee_kb":"10000000"}
{"address_type":"48","address_type_p2sh":"5","coin_name":"Litecoin","coin_shortcut":"LTC","maxfee_kb":"10000000"}
{"address_type":"30","address_type_p2sh":"22","coin_name":"Dogecoin","coin_shortcut":"DOGE","maxfee_kb":"100000000"}

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:30:39 PM

I'm sorry if I came across as being afiliated with satoshilabs. I'm not. I'm just a fan of trezor.

I was simply reiterating what satoshilabs has said before on the issue and I can see their point. They are not wallet software developers. They are offering libraries for easy integration, but the integration itself is most efficiently done by the wallet developers. Also the incentive should be there: it makes the wallet more valuable.

Thanks for dropping mycelium (I think they have trezor integration on the list, but doesn't hurt to let them know again) and wallet32 devs a line.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:03:21 PM

Good news! So I asked the mycelium team to implement trezor support for androids via an OTG cable and now they are working on it. There is already a version in bug testing with a full version to be released soon Cheesy (I got extra info from a PM)

I would also like to request that Mycelium add support for the Trezor hardware wallets with the use of an On-the-Go cable. I believe the Trezor team has already put some code on GitHub as an example of how to incorporate it into multiple wallets. Thanks for your consideration.

Sure, no problem.
Watch out for a beta release soon Smiley

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:50:21 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 10:03:02 PM by arorts

I keep getting this message "Timed out while waiting for the magic character" after trying to send out BTC with Electrum 2.0 that has Trezor Plugin. Yes, I did enter the right passhprase/PIN and fee amount.

I didn't notice any server connectivity. It was showing as in sync and there didn't seem to be any apparent time out. It actually immediately popped after entering my PIN and all the inputs needed in the Send tab... In fact, changing the server and restarting didn't make any difference at all. If I tried to send again, it'd show either this:

"<class 'trezorlib.messages_pb2.PublicKey'>, expected (<class 'trezorlib.messages_pb2.Success'>,)"

Or this other error:

"Tag had invalid wire type"

Or this:

"Unexpected end-group tag"

None minimally user friendly or at least a bit more explanatory.  

Using this plug-in my Bitcoin is stuck...  :-/

I'm a bit confused...Should I only use the latest Electrum 2.0 wallet that says that it has Trezor Support or do I also require to install the code from the Trezor github as well?Huh? Any ideas to fix this?

Thanks
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:11:00 PM

Good news! So I asked the mycelium team to implement trezor support for androids via an OTG cable and now they are working on it. There is already a version in bug testing with a full version to be released soon Cheesy (I got extra info from a PM)

I would also like to request that Mycelium add support for the Trezor hardware wallets with the use of an On-the-Go cable. I believe the Trezor team has already put some code on GitHub as an example of how to incorporate it into multiple wallets. Thanks for your consideration.

Sure, no problem.
Watch out for a beta release soon Smiley

click img for reddit post

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:11:54 PM

I keep getting this message "Timed out while waiting for the magic character" after trying to send out BTC with Electrum 2.0 that has Trezor Plugin. Yes, I did enter the right passhprase/PIN and fee amount.

I didn't notice any server connectivity. It was showing as in sync and there didn't seem to be any apparent time out. It actually immediately popped after entering my PIN and all the inputs needed in the Send tab... In fact, changing the server and restarting didn't make any difference at all. If I tried to send again, it'd show either this:

"<class 'trezorlib.messages_pb2.PublicKey'>, expected (<class 'trezorlib.messages_pb2.Success'>,)"

Or this other error:

"Tag had invalid wire type"

Or this:

"Unexpected end-group tag"

None minimally user friendly or at least a bit more explanatory.  

Using this plug-in my Bitcoin is stuck...  :-/

I'm a bit confused...Should I only use the latest Electrum 2.0 wallet that says that it has Trezor Support or do I also require to install the code from the Trezor github as well?Huh? Any ideas to fix this?

Thanks

just a hunch: this sounds like transport layer problems (USB). Does the trezor work in myTrezor? Maybe try different cable / hub / usb port ?

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: