Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did you first heard about Bitcoins?  (Read 91270 times)
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:02:16 PM

I heard it back in 2011 where in there was a huge hype of mining Bitcoin using GPU's and there were numerous facebook groups where they posted they rigs and also had many tutorials for other to follow or even customize their rigs in order to work better.

I heard about bitcoin talk 1 month ago from my friend , he told me about how to work in bitcoin and share some video about bitcoin talk.

Me, i first heard it inside our classroom. My friends are talking about what bitcoin is. During that time i didn't believe on it. but when they show it to me. i believed that bitcoin is real and really exist. Even i know that is real i didn't use it because the first thing that comes in my mind is the word "scam". Whenever I heard about money and transaction online i always think that its scam. But because of my curiosity about it. I tried it and i found out that if you will be careful of your money youll not be scam by other people.
yeah i also heard about bitcoin through my college friend few years ago the i start to use bitcoin and bitcoin is really a great currency for us and we can get good profit from bitcoin easily and a lot of people adopting bitcoin in good amount.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:14:50 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 10:45:33 PM by Jewell

I first heard of cryptocurrency back in 2014. It wasnt bitcoin though, it was dogecoin. i thought it was pretty funny and bought a couple million when they were cheap. I sold them for a profit of a couple thousand bucks and I have been trading crypto currency ever since then.
for the first time i heard about bitcoin from one of my friend. he introduce bitcoin to me, but still i was not giving more importance to it, and after that he started showing me his progress which really made me start thinking about bitcoin and from there i start learning about bitcoin.
i also heard about bitcoin for the first time from my friend, he is also so much expert in making money.. in fact he was jobless, but still he manage to spend a good time . then i  asking from him about his income and he told me about bitcoin and the show the result. and  then i really start taking interest in bitcoin and really making good profit from trading alt coin. it s really an  extra income for me and i can now fulfill most of my wishes that were not possible with my day job.
cram03

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:46:56 PM

Well i heard first about bitcoins in my grand uncle.
At first it was nothing to me just a piece of coin or a toy but when my grand uncle push me to understand bitcoins i became desperate to know more about it then time passes by i found this group bitcointalk and i understand bitcoin well now.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:53:11 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 01:24:51 AM by ArnoldChippy

I first heard of cryptocurrency back in 2014. It wasnt bitcoin though, it was dogecoin. i thought it was pretty funny and bought a couple million when they were cheap. I sold them for a profit of a couple thousand bucks and I have been trading crypto currency ever since then.
for the first time i heard about bitcoin from one of my friend. he introduce bitcoin to me, but still i was not giving more importance to it, and after that he started showing me his progress which really made me start thinking about bitcoin and from there i start learning about bitcoin.
i also heard about bitcoin for the first time from my friend, he is also so much expert in making money.. in fact he was jobless, but still he manage to spend a good time . then i  asking from him about his income and he told me about bitcoin and the show the result
for the first time i heard about bitcoin from one of my student, as i asked from him about his job and reply that he s buy in online business. and from there i study about it and start taking interest here. now now i am really earning a good amount of bitcoin from trading as well as from a signature campaign. the additional income that come from bitcoin really help me in controlling my expenses that were really difficult to control from my day job.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:28:19 AM

The first time I heard about Bitcoin was early 2012 when I read an article about the Silk Road. I was like what the heck... people are buying and selling drugs on the internet? I found it interesting and pretty crazy, but kind of dismissed it as being an insane thing to do and something that would get shut down by the government soon.

Then, about 6 months later I came across another article on the Silk Road. I was surprised it has not been shut down yet, and decided to look into it more. I started learning about Bitcoin, and downloaded the TOR browser to visit the Silk Road myself. I guess seeing is believing, as it was then that I had an epiphany.

Initially I viewed Silk Road and imitators as Bitcoin's killer app, and I thought Bitcoin was sure to grow in value due to this application. I have since come to realize that Bitcoin and/or blockchain technology has so many more uses, but I think Silk Road really helped Bitcoin get its name out there and jump start it into what it is today.

I bought GPU mining rigs for Bitcoin and started mining Litecoin once Bitcoin ASICs came out. I joined the forums around that time, and the rest is history! It has been a wonderful and interesting ride. Keeping up with Bitcoin and ALT coins is one of my favorite hobbies for sure!
gracia0023

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:33:55 AM

I heard it back in 2011 where in there was a huge hype of mining Bitcoin using GPU's and there were numerous facebook groups where they posted they rigs and also had many tutorials for other to follow or even customize their rigs in order to work better.

I heard it to may sister using while she is using her BTC account.
I ask her what is the use of bitcoin and she briefly give me an information regarding the use of BTC and importance of it.
endenada

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:46:53 AM

4 year ago i was writing a post on libertarian facebook timeline, i see ad, bitcoin
wow, crypto money, that is what we, divines, had expected from technology,
but, nakamoto became spook and crypto is slave of fiats, divine money looms
Japinat

Activity: 2954
Merit: 680

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:22:14 AM

I heard it to may sister using while she is using her BTC account.
I ask her what is the use of bitcoin and she briefly give me an information regarding the use of BTC and importance of it.
It is really depends on us if we are interested or not, I hear bitcoin a long time ago but just lately I concentrate on it. I really thought that this is only a payment system where I can bet in my gambling activities but later I realize there's more I can do to earn money using bitcoin.
Now, I am a satisfied trader and I do it daily so my income is very active, thanks also that the price just pump late though it's a big off now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
anami57

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:17:00 AM

First time i heard about bitcoin from a newspaper subscription around 2011. I read about a cryptocurrency that has tremendous price potential over the next few years. However, i just learned it by end 2014.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:20:10 AM

First time i heard about bitcoin from a newspaper subscription around 2011. I read about a cryptocurrency that has tremendous price potential over the next few years. However, i just learned it by end 2014.

Wow. Thunk about it if you got involved with bitcoin at 2011. You might have been really rich now.
I just learned it a year ago but the regret is actually why I sold some of it with just a little increase.
I guess I am also one of the panic sellers before because I lack trust with what I invested with.
But now, I am trying to stop looking at the price and just letting it do its job of increasing in value.
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:12:47 AM

Wow. Thunk about it if you got involved with bitcoin at 2011. You might have been really rich now.
I just learned it a year ago but the regret is actually why I sold some of it with just a little increase.
I guess I am also one of the panic sellers before because I lack trust with what I invested with.
But now, I am trying to stop looking at the price and just letting it do its job of increasing in value.

I will try not to look at its price drop now hoping it will rise agaun, i sometimes want to sell it but still want to keep it since btc will soon it rise and I don't want to regret it.

HarringtonStark

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:22:35 AM

I heard about it when my friend explained me the deep web. It was during a time when SILK ROAD was still a big thing.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:31:21 AM

I am a late bloomer to this whole Bitcoin stuff. I think I first heard of it late 2016, around October or November, on radio during one of those radio Jingos and seminars. Since then I have become immersed in it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:37:41 AM

In my personal experience, I first heard of it 1 year ago in a online forum game, people sold gold for Bitcoins, around March, gave it no importance at first. Now im kinda utterly commited to it. Really an interest subject of study.
It's one year ago as my friend introduced me how profitable trading is and I'm very thankful of learning from him.

riphunter

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:05:30 AM

The first time I heard about Bitcoin was from my friends, they showed me the achievements they had earned from bitcoin work, I was so excited about this virtual currency and that's how I knew it. Bitcoin

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:05:50 AM

Starting from my saturation in managing various efforts, then my friend, offer me, to be bitcoin infestation, but at the beginning I was less interested, but after I saw his tutorial, it made me become interested to follow his

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:42:15 AM

The first time I heard about Bitcoin was from my friends, they showed me the achievements they had earned from bitcoin work, I was so excited about this virtual currency and that's how I knew it. Bitcoin

Oh same as me i heard bitcoin to my friend also but I see bitcoin in facebook and he teach me how to earn money using bitcoin. My first tried I failed I scammed on that day and he teach me how to trade and after that I will earn money because of this. Im very thankful to my friend because he gives me more time to learn about this. And he is now successful and expert trader and they earn thousands of dollars everymonth me I only earned hundreds of dollars only . Im very tahnkful also because bitcoin gives opportunity to us to earn money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:32:39 AM

i heard it from one of my friends at last 2 yrs. ago.
but i ignored it as sounds like a scam for me in the first.
then i saw a lot of bitcoin logo in the internet all over it.
i ignored it again.. then time comes when i quit my job and look
job online. then i saw bitcoin again.. tried it the first time and got interested.
search about it and all.. then im in to it now.. Tongue
well i had fun in using bitcoin and in the same time earning. Smiley
I heard it from my classmate few months ago. My classmates teach me how to use and how bitcoin works. They guide me step by step how to get bitcoin easily. They tell the things to remember when you using bitcoin.Then,i study all about bitcoin to know fully what it is and now I’m interested in bitcoin because I can make own money instantly.Im glad that I have classmates who knows about bitcoin.
icerose

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:39:57 AM

I first heard about bitcoin through a friend who earned a lot of money from bitcoin simply by buying and holding. I tend proceeded to try to trade and whatnot before I realized the simplest strategy was the best strategy, buy and hold until you need money again.
Jikalau

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:06:57 AM

I know from my friend
About 2 months ago.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: