Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
Juhagic

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 03:23:18 PM

It seems the DAO ETC will be returned to the original owners. So there will be 7 more million ETC on the market.

In that case, a dump is coming soon. Well good for me, I'll buy some more and add more to my current collection of ETC. Anyways, I'm still enjoying Ethereum Classic on altcoin trading!

The big dump will come after end of August when the DAO hacker can have access to the hacked 3.6 million ETC. That is quite big amount.

I heard the exact is September 2nd. Then it might take some time for him to mix and transfer to exchanges. So the dump will come a bit later.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cusdonard

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:34:11 PM

It seems the DAO ETC will be returned to the original owners. So there will be 7 more million ETC on the market.

In that case, a dump is coming soon. Well good for me, I'll buy some more and add more to my current collection of ETC. Anyways, I'm still enjoying Ethereum Classic on altcoin trading!

The big dump will come after end of August when the DAO hacker can have access to the hacked 3.6 million ETC. That is quite big amount.

I heard the exact is September 2nd. Then it might take some time for him to mix and transfer to exchanges. So the dump will come a bit later.

So basically it is better to sell your ETC before September 2nd. It might be better to sell way before other people do.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:42:54 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 03:59:04 PM by yefi

Here is the reason why the white hackers move the funds to the exchanges:

https://blog.bity.com/2016/08/13/the-white-hats-and-dao-wars-behind-the-scenes/

Why the choice to sell ETC for ETH was made [...]

What a bunch of fuck-ups.

Quote from: Alexis Roussel
About 14% of the 7.2 million ETC was converted and it will be converted back

A ~200K ETH sell order in effect.
Juhagic

Activity: 357

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:19:33 AM

So basically it is better to sell your ETC before September 2nd. It might be better to sell way before other people do.

I think so. It is possible that the ETC price will fall in the end of August. But if the ETC whales have enough money, the price might even rise.
Kwiksave

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:02:57 AM

I think so. It is possible that the ETC price will fall in the end of August. But if the ETC whales have enough money, the price might even rise.

It is very difficult to predict the ETC price. The ETC price depends on the action of several parties, the DAO hackers and the Ethereum Foundation.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:52:15 AM

It is very difficult to predict the ETC price. The ETC price depends on the action of several parties, the DAO hackers and the Ethereum Foundation.

To be safe, it is better to invest in the Ethereum ETH. The Ethereum Foundation support it 100%, so are many developers.
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:50:05 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 07:34:31 AM by dumada

If you have to choose between the two, then wait until the at least 2nd of September, when the DAO hacker will have his ETC.

To be safe, it is better to invest in the Ethereum ETH. The Ethereum Foundation support it 100%, so are many developers.

Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:13:13 PM

I mine both ETC and ETH. But when I get the ETC, I will sell it instantly. The price of ETC is too volatile. I shall not hold it for long.
takingthis4

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:54:07 PM

Well there is not bad to invest in ethereum but the problem is the price of ethereum right now is high and i think this is not the best time to but ethereum.. better to wait because the price is decrease.,.

The Ethereum price is not high. Without the ETC fiasco, the price should be over 0.025 by now. When the ETC is no long live, the ETH price will rise.
it is really high at the moment, i think that etc has a huge potential to take over all the eth and in a longer run eth might even disappear

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
RastoMan

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 07:29:59 AM

Well there is not bad to invest in ethereum but the problem is the price of ethereum right now is high and i think this is not the best time to but ethereum.. better to wait because the price is decrease.,.

The Ethereum price is not high. Without the ETC fiasco, the price should be over 0.025 by now. When the ETC is no long live, the ETH price will rise.
it is really high at the moment, i think that etc has a huge potential to take over all the eth and in a longer run eth might even disappear

That depends on if the ETC can survive the dump by the Ehereum Foundation and some of the big holders including the hackers.
Quickfant

Activity: 128
Merit: 27

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 08:11:15 AM

That depends on if the ETC can survive the dump by the Ehereum Foundation and some of the big holders including the hackers.

If the Ehereum Foundation and some of the big holders including the hackers dump there ETC, that could mean 20 million ETC on the market, it is difficult to support the price.
Kwiksave

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 07:44:40 AM

If the Ehereum Foundation and some of the big holders including the hackers dump there ETC, that could mean 20 million ETC on the market, it is difficult to support the price.

Maybe the DAO hacker is part of the new Ethereum Classic Foundation and he will declare that he will not dump the coins to the market.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:52:55 AM

Maybe the DAO hacker is part of the new Ethereum Classic Foundation and he will declare that he will not dump the coins to the market.
You could be right but only one thing I see now with ETH and ETC and that is the price is so cheap now and we have a very good opportunity to buy more for short time investment before it will start to pump again.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Picturs

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:54:23 PM

You could be right but only one thing I see now with ETH and ETC and that is the price is so cheap now and we have a very good opportunity to buy more for short time investment before it will start to pump again.

I think the ETH is better than any other altcoins as it has a very rich development fund and can pay for good coders.
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:21:13 AM

I think the ETH is better than any other altcoins as it has a very rich development fund and can pay for good coders.

That is right. But is the DAO contract coded by the Ethereum developers? That caused more than one hundred million dollars loss.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:50:30 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 07:28:51 PM by mprep

i

i agree with you
and if you check the comunity and what is established in just one month its amazing
in crypto its important to have a strong comunity

Unidonade

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:50:56 AM

i

i agree with you
and if you check the comunity and what is established in just one month its amazing

What is the reason for the ETC price dropping recently. The ETH price is quite stable. Is that because somebody is shorting?
Kwiksave

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:06:46 AM

i

i agree with you

What is the reason for the ETC price dropping recently. The ETH price is quite stable. Is that because somebody is shorting?

The DAO hacker could short the ETC now, and declare that he will sell the ETC, the price will crash, then he can buy back the ETC at lower price.
Egenen

Activity: 268

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:06:22 PM

i

i agree with you

The DAO hacker could short the ETC now, and declare that he will sell the ETC, the price will crash, then he can buy back the ETC at lower price.

By doing that, the hacker does not have to sell the stolen funds and still make a lot of money. That could be the reason for the ETC price drop.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 05:25:42 PM

By doing that, the hacker does not have to sell the stolen funds and still make a lot of money. That could be the reason for the ETC price drop.

Exactly, margin trading is where the real money laundering happens.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: