Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198766 times)
Quickfant

Activity: 128
Merit: 27

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:02:59 AM

I only hold eth till it hit .021+ then I dump and re-rinse.

The price is 0.0216 at the moment. Do you have no ETH at the moment. Do you think it will drop further?

The price has dropped to 0.0195 range in the last few days. There is possiblity that it will drop further.

The price is about 0.0185 now, it has been there for some time. It might be consolidating at the moment.
Westant

Activity: 355
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:44:51 PM

I only hold eth till it hit .021+ then I dump and re-rinse.

The price is 0.0216 at the moment. Do you have no ETH at the moment. Do you think it will drop further?

The price has dropped to 0.0195 range in the last few days. There is possiblity that it will drop further.

The price is about 0.0185 now, it has been there for some time. It might be consolidating at the moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/57wtok/1_day_to_make_eth_great_again/?st=iueco5dj&sh=a0dabe18

The price might rise.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:40:38 PM

I'd like to see a healthier order book, though no doubt the whales will flock in after the fork and pump it up to 7k BTC to ignite fomo...
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:08:24 PM

I'd like to see a healthier order book, though no doubt the whales will flock in after the fork and pump it up to 7k BTC to ignite fomo...

It will go above 0.02 for sure, no doubt about it, how high nobody knows but it could touch 0.023-4. Forks are Ethereum trademark already and nothing to be afraid of, it shows they are hard working and try to improve this infant technology as much as possible. For everything else, we have Bitcoin, it may be slow and stubborn but it gets the job done. Ethereum mission is much more ambitious.

The DAO hack was badly conceived and handled, I would've done the same thing really and the voting was in favor for it.
yefi
Legendary

Merit: 1511

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:55:46 PM

Q: How does an Eth developer eat a meal?
A: With three forks.
andyste

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:24:08 AM

This now is very imposinle is ethereum can move take over and replace bitcoin
all crypto coin and altcoin still need bitcoin to excahage in fiat money
all altcoin not run without bitcoin
maybe 5 year ago etherum can replace position bitcoin
Unisonal

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:37:00 PM

Bitcoin and the Ethereum has different usage. The bitcoin is a kind of currency and the Etheruem is a fuel.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:33:51 PM

It is not possible for the Etheruem to replace the bitcoin at the moment. It is under attack all the time now.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:57:18 PM

It is not possible for the Etheruem to replace the bitcoin at the moment. It is under attack all the time now.

Actually this will help the network long term but it's getting a little tiresome, let's see how the next fork goes and if there are any upcoming news with Casper. The price doesn't seem to be dropping below $10 anytime soon even with no news and regular attacks.
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:18:14 PM

Actually this will help the network long term but it's getting a little tiresome, let's see how the next fork goes and if there are any upcoming news with Casper. The price doesn't seem to be dropping below $10 anytime soon even with no news and regular attacks.

If any coin is to succeed in the long term it needs to be tested for safety and resilience. Trial by fire so to speak. So I'm actually glad that people are performing attacks, it's the only way to find out if the technology stands to survive or not on a larger scale.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:46:08 AM

If any coin is to succeed in the long term it needs to be tested for safety and resilience. Trial by fire so to speak. So I'm actually glad that people are performing attacks, it's the only way to find out if the technology stands to survive or not on a larger scale.

Agree with this,  human  attacks  to a certain  technology  could somehow a good  move though  in order to  test a  particular thing  if it  would survive  for  long . In the case of ETH  i could somehow say  that its quite a good coin for me   inspite  of all issues  regarding into it  into the past months and years.

Quidat

Activity: 2604
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:40:58 PM

Agree with this,  human  attacks  to a certain  technology  could somehow a good  move though  in order to  test a  particular thing  if it  would survive  for  long . In the case of ETH  i could somehow say  that its quite a good coin for me   inspite  of all issues  regarding into it  into the past months and years.

The ETH is quite good. It is going to fork again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/58i8e0/update_on_hf_2_and_client_optimizations/?st=iulbbti4&sh=44772d5b

Geth developers are working on an optimization that will store a direct on-disk table representing account storage, allowing accounts to be accessed in O(1) leveldb reads instead of O(log(n)) leveldb reads as is the case now. Preliminary tests suggest a 5x speedup in processing account reads if this is done. This is a fairly large change to the client (not quite but almost as complex as journaling) so don't expect it out tomorrow, but it will make a large difference.
Simpler optimizations on the in-memory trie cache are achieving ~30% speedups.
We're looking at simple forms of state tree pruning to allow nodes to reduce their storage size without having to delete the DB and fast sync from scratch. This should increase processing time indirectly.
The main debate in the hard fork discussions is whether to implement EIP 158 with section 2 or with (1c) (there is little value in doing both). The two carry different risks; section 2 is more complex from an in-EVM consensus standpoint, whereas (1c) requires more substantial re-architectures in other areas of geth to implement, as iterating through all accounts is not a use case that needed to be supported in all nodes before.
We are considering adding replay protection, likely either EIP 155 or a simpler trick involving using the upper bits of the tx nonce as a chain ID, but nothing is yet finalized.

Mukyasa

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:09:42 AM

It is better for the Etheruem or the bitcoin to be attacked when it is still young. The related loss will be limited.
Falmant

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:48:59 PM

It is better for the Etheruem or the bitcoin to be attacked when it is still young. The related loss will be limited.

that is right. If the Ethereum is attacked when its market cap is just $1 billion, the loss will be smaller.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 11:03:15 PM

ethereum has been hacked so many times and failed now its just another useless altcoin ... one guy just keeps insanely buying it up instead of letting it crap its pants and find its real value ... w/e if he wants to lose his bitcoin fortune.

Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:55:02 AM

ethereum has been hacked so many times and failed now its just another useless altcoin ... one guy just keeps insanely buying it up instead of letting it crap its pants and find its real value ... w/e if he wants to lose his bitcoin fortune.

thats exactly what is happening.
I actually do not hold bitcoins for the future but i am just dancing with the current trend of ETH, it is very predictable and if you will play with it you acn easily make money even in a short period of time.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 12:49:35 PM

ETH was actually going places before the attacks! Notwithstanding it did not lose all its shine and on the flip side, all these attacks can end up bringing to the fore the doggedness of the coin and people would count that as plus. ETH has been one coin that puts bitcoin on its toes and thus creating keen competition, which presents opportunities for profit making for the traders that are looking at the right pictures.
Distinctin

Merit: 650

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:47:54 PM

ETH was actually going places before the attacks! Notwithstanding it did not lose all its shine and on the flip side, all these attacks can end up bringing to the fore the doggedness of the coin and people would count that as plus. ETH has been one coin that puts bitcoin on its toes and thus creating keen competition, which presents opportunities for profit making for the traders that are looking at the right pictures.

I agree with that. The Ethereum is still quite young. But it has very good community support at the moment.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Quidat

Activity: 2604
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:07:28 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/58i8e0/update_on_hf_2_and_client_optimizations/?st=iuqn0x15&sh=4621f3c6

Update on HF 2 and client optimizations

Geth developers are working on an optimization that will store a direct on-disk table representing account storage, allowing accounts to be accessed in O(1) leveldb reads instead of O(log(n)) leveldb reads as is the case now. Preliminary tests suggest a 5x speedup in processing account reads if this is done. This is a fairly large change to the client (not quite but almost as complex as journaling) so don't expect it out tomorrow, but it will make a large difference.
Simpler optimizations on the in-memory trie cache are achieving ~30% speedups.
We're looking at simple forms of state tree pruning to allow nodes to reduce their storage size without having to delete the DB and fast sync from scratch. This should increase processing time indirectly.
The main debate in the hard fork discussions is whether to implement EIP 158 with section 2 or with (1c) (there is little value in doing both). The two carry different risks; section 2 is more complex from an in-EVM consensus standpoint, whereas (1c) requires more substantial re-architectures in other areas of geth to implement, as iterating through all accounts is not a use case that needed to be supported in all nodes before.
We are considering adding replay protection, likely either EIP 155 or a simpler trick involving using the upper bits of the tx nonce as a chain ID, but nothing is yet finalized.
Zedpust

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 04:45:19 PM

If the hard fork second time is successful, then the Ethereum price could rise from the current low levels.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: