June 21, 2024, 03:46:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843574 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
pthrmsor

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:11:12 PM

When will the roadmap be updated again? Can't wait to see what Verge has for us next!

they are going to be listed in Binance exchange soon.
CryptoBro75

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:35:09 PM

So ... at least 2 devs here (one just replied to several questions) but none addresses the real problem many people are having right now - just defends the coin itself and why it's apparently better. Makes you think...
ShadowBitsLTD

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:54:13 PM

So ... at least 2 devs here (one just replied to several questions) but none addresses the real problem many people are having right now - just defends the coin itself and why it's apparently better. Makes you think...

Whats your point?  What problem is not being addressed?
CryptoBro75

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:05:54 PM

Whats your point?  What problem is not being addressed?

Uhm. If you have read the last few pages (and on reddit) then you would know that there are many people having problems with their wallets not connecting (someone for 10 days straight now).

CryptoBro75

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:13:26 PM

I'm actually (negatively) surprised that the creators do not address the problems many people seem to have right now.
I sent 200 tks to a different wallet (Verge Tor Android) and although it turns up on the blockchain nothing happens in my wallet. Keeps saying not connected.
I think there should be a way bigger uproar about this.
If this was BTC, ETH or similar people would go nuts.

As a temp fix, you can download the tor browser and install. Open it and leave it running. Then download the tor version of electrum wallet and replace the files in your standard electrum wallet folder. It is the same wallet, just has tor privacy. It works.
Does not work either. I had it running for 2 days now. Did not synchronize once.
Coinomi seems to be working but a few hundred coins payment from my mining pool are still in Limbo (for 3 days now). Never arrived in the wallet.
cerealino123

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:27:30 PM

Just for everybodys info

my Electrum XVG just connected fine. All is good, lets hope it stays connected Smiley

EDIT: Connects for 30secs then drops Sad
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:34:50 PM

Just for everybodys info

my Electrum XVG just connected fine. All is good, lets hope it stays connected Smiley

EDIT: Connects for 30secs then drops Sad

not sure why you need it to stay connected. electrum wallets are made for "lite" usage. they connect to an electrum server, synchronize/update, then idle. they do auto synchronize regularly though if you leave it open.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:38:17 PM

I'm actually (negatively) surprised that the creators do not address the problems many people seem to have right now.
I sent 200 tks to a different wallet (Verge Tor Android) and although it turns up on the blockchain nothing happens in my wallet. Keeps saying not connected.

As a temp fix, you can download the tor browser and install. Open it and leave it running. Then download the tor version of electrum wallet and replace the files in your standard electrum wallet folder. It is the same wallet, just has tor privacy. It works.
Does not work either. I had it running for 2 days now. Did not synchronize once.
Coinomi seems to be working but a few hundred coins payment from my mining pool are still in Limbo (for 3 days now). Never arrived in the wallet.

whats the exact problem you are experiencing? i guess some people didnt get the message that we were scaling up our electrum servers i suppose. the core wallets and electrum wallets are running fine. also, the tor android has not had any issues at all. if you get the "not connected" message, then that just means you didnt read the note for users who have samsung phones/custom android OS. samsung and some other phone manufacturers run processes that essentially block tor. you can find the instructions on the google play page for it, but if thats too much work, just open orbot, top left menu, and select "app VPN mode" (for everything listed)

stay tuned, the OSX electrum for tor and clearnet are being released shortly after we finish testing, and we're also making some new updates to the electrum server code as well =]

cheers

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:39:59 PM

the tor electrum server didnt need to be scaled, and it has worked the entire time. make sure you are connecting to port 50001 maybe? also, pool payments are not related to us, contact the pool owner if you have issues with a pool.

CryptoBro75

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:47:21 PM

whats the exact problem you are experiencing? i guess some people didnt get the message that we were scaling up our electrum servers i suppose. the core wallets and electrum wallets are running fine. also, the tor android has not had any issues at all. if you get the "not connected" message, then that just means you didnt read the note for users who have samsung phones/custom android OS. samsung and some other phone manufacturers run processes that essentially block tor. you can find the instructions on the google play page for it, but if thats too much work, just open orbot, top left menu, and select "app VPN mode" (for everything listed)

stay tuned, the OSX electrum for tor and clearnet are being released shortly after we finish testing, and we're also making some new updates to the electrum server code as well =]

cheers
Tried everything. Tried the Windows Electrum and Android Wallet. Tried the TOR Android Wallet. Neither gets connected at all Some people have not been connected for a week! I at least have been connected 3 days ago but then it just wouldn't reconnect again. The coins did not show up in the wallet anymore although I could see them sent correctly to the wallet on the Blockchain.
Same with the Android Tor Wallet: After those problems I had my pool send the money to the new wallet. Again: The coins can be seen on the Blockchain but the wallet keeps saying "Not connected" and "No coins received yet" for 2 straight days now. Those coins seem to be in limbo.
CryptoBro75

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

the tor electrum server didnt need to be scaled, and it has worked the entire time. make sure you are connecting to port 50001 maybe? also, pool payments are not related to us, contact the pool owner if you have issues with a pool.
This is the Android Tor Wallet. There is no way for me to changed servers (at least I couldn't find one). I was able to that in the Electrum Windows Wallet though. The payment has been sent by the pool. I can see it on the Blockchain connected to my wallet address so it should be in my Wallet (the reason I wrote it's in Limbo) - yet the Wallet keeps saying "Not connected" and "No coins received yet".
The thing is:
I'm not the only one having this problem. I've read of at least 20 more people here (just a few posts back) and on the Vergecurrency Reddit forum who claim the Wallet does not connect.
ShadowBitsLTD

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:06:40 PM

This is the Android Tor Wallet. There is no way for me to changed servers (at least I couldn't find one). I was able to that in the Electrum Windows Wallet though. The payment has been sent by the pool. I can see it on the Blockchain connected to my wallet address so it should be in my Wallet (the reason I wrote it's in Limbo) - yet the Wallet keeps saying "Not connected" and "No coins received yet".
The thing is:
I'm not the only one having this problem. I've read of at least 20 more people here (just a few posts back) and on the Vergecurrency Reddit forum who claim the Wallet does not connect.

Yeah, but if it was a systemic problem I'd expect everyone to have issues though, not just a couple of people.  For example, some people might not know how to run Tor and think the dev is to blame for that for some reason its just that they aren't aware of how to run things the right way.
CryptoBro75

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

The thing is:

Yeah, but if it was a systemic problem I'd expect everyone to have issues though, not just a couple of people.  For example, some people might not know how to run Tor and think the dev is to blame for that for some reason its just that they aren't aware of how to run things the right way.
Possibly. But the Electrum Wallet is supposed to work without Tor (according to some posts I have read) and actually did that (I received my first payment) but then just stopped working saying it could not connect (while it could before). It was the same time when the others popped up having the same issue. Me (and some of the others) using the Tor Android Wallet did not help. A couple minutes ago it briefly worked again and I was able to send the coins in that Wallet to my Coinomi Wallet. Then it stopped working once again. I was still waiting for my second payment to the Tor Wallet though and I believe I am using it correctly yet it says there is no connection and I have not received any coins yet even though I can see it on the Blockchain connected to that Wallet address.
To sum it up: Since the Electrum Verge Wallet worked without Tor (and is supposed to) AND the Electrum Android Wallet as well as the Verge Tor Android Wallet keep having connection problems not just for me but also several others it looked (and still looks) like there is a problem on the Verge (server connection) side.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:37:37 PM

Regarding the privacy of Verge, I read somewhere, this is open ledger. Is this true? Can someone explain this?

Thanks

Anyone?

we're similar to deeponion, but MUCH better. we support i2p, not just tor. also, with a public ledger (like deeponion has) users and retailers/merchants can easily look up transactions for support.

we have a vast array of privacy resources, have a look around our github repo! https://github.com/vergecurrency/verge

also, unlike deeponion, we didnt do a 100% premine (air drop = devs premined entire supply and can send them to whoever they want, as well as keep/trade a large portion.)

With puplic ledger, it means other people know how much I have, correct?
If someone I don't know asks me how much I saved in my bank account, I would prefer not to say it.

Is there a workaround?

For example, keeping some ammount in hidden address, or having an option to make address open or closed?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:14:50 PM

I always prefer the QT wallets, gives me more control and it does not connect in a way like a hotwallet would do.  Yes, it downloads the blockchain that takes up some space and time but I'm not depending on one server that might fail, like it could with the Electrum version.   I sometimes think an Electrum wallet is "centralized" because you work with a copy of the blockchain that is located on a server. That's why it is so fast, until the server has a problem, nobody can connect to it..

What's your thought on that?
crypto19

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:29:10 PM

The thing is:

Possibly. But the Electrum Wallet is supposed to work without Tor (according to some posts I have read) and actually did that (I received my first payment) but then just stopped working saying it could not connect (while it could before). It was the same time when the others popped up having the same issue. Me (and some of the others) using the Tor Android Wallet did not help. A couple minutes ago it briefly worked again and I was able to send the coins in that Wallet to my Coinomi Wallet. Then it stopped working once again. I was still waiting for my second payment to the Tor Wallet though and I believe I am using it correctly yet it says there is no connection and I have not received any coins yet even though I can see it on the Blockchain connected to that Wallet address.
To sum it up: Since the Electrum Verge Wallet worked without Tor (and is supposed to) AND the Electrum Android Wallet as well as the Verge Tor Android Wallet keep having connection problems not just for me but also several others it looked (and still looks) like there is a problem on the Verge (server connection) side.

I would agree with cryptobro.  Have had the same issues here for a week now.  I tried both the standard Windows Electrum Wallet as well as the Tor version (yes, I do know how to use it).  As of yesterday both wallets can now finally connect and sync, but I can't send from either wallet.  Once the wallet gets to "Broadcasting transaction..." both wallets continually disconnect and reconnect and the transaction never goes through. 
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:53:03 PM

Hi guys,

It is a big pleasure for us to announce 500,000+ XVG GIVEAWAY to the upcoming 5,000,000,000th BET!
Thank you guys, who has already joined our big family! Recently, we hit 800+ users online.

1st Giveaway

You need to hit the bets given below. Each winner takes 20,000 XVG and 10 Days VIP!

Terms:

1. Each registered player can join the giveaway.
2. Each player can score only ONCE. The next bet id will be taken.
3. All games and cryptocurrencies accepted.
4. No minimum bet amount.
5. Winning amount will be credited to your account balance.

I'm posting this so people who are fans of Verge can win some free XVG!!!!

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
nubbins7

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:53:04 AM

Just tried the 32 bit and 64 bit electrum wallet and i am getting this error the wallet
does not open.
d3nz

Activity: 1330
Merit: 264

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:50:24 AM

When will the roadmap be updated again? Can't wait to see what Verge has for us next!

they are going to be listed in Binance exchange soon.

This is a very good news for Verge holders. It would pump not more than $1 I think. Just a couple a months ago the value of Verge is ranging between 5 - 10 sats and it pumped very high.

But, as of now VERGE value is rising up so we need to buying and holding it until they add it on Binance exchange.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

psuper15

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:12:37 PM

Please vote https://twitter.com/nakamoto_x/status/908435236266106880
New exchange might be adding Verge at Nakamoto.
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: